• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 57: Training for the Pokemon League (Part 2)

"And that's basically what we want to do," Will explained, as they, along with their Royal Woods friends were all gathered in the shopping mall.

"That sounds reasonable, but what will we do about food and shelter? We've been depending on you guys since we got here," Lincoln commented.

"Hmm, that is true. And since none of you have Trainer's Cards, that will make things a bit tricky," Will replied, as they all started brainstorming. Then, Lisa got an idea.

"I got it! Serenity!" she exclaimed. This made the former Pegasus filly flinch slightly.

"M-Me?" she asked meekly.

"Yes. She isn't participating in the Pokémon League, right?" Lisa asked.

"Well, no. She isn't really into battling," Fluttershy replied.

"If that's the case, then she really doesn't have a need to join in training. She could come with us, as we venture back through the four islands, and take Lincoln's friends on a tour of the sights. If what you told us about your trainer cards is true, then she should have no issues with funding for nourishment and lodging," Lisa explained, only to find lost looks on everyone, "Basically, she can pay for food and shelter while we take Lincoln's friends through Alola," she clarified.

"I'm.... not too sure about that. I'd rather be able to stay in touch with her as much as possible," Fluttershy commented.

"Then maybe I could help with that?" they turned to see a man in mismatched clothing, standing before them. And his voice was vaguely familiar.

"Discord? What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, I wanted to see what the Alola Region had to offer, when I overheard your conversation. I have something that may prove beneficial to this problem you're all facing," Discord explained, as he handed out, to everyone's surprise, smartphones. They were red, blue, silver, green, and pink. He gave them to Will, Toby, Silver Spoon, Serenity, and Fluttershy, respectively.

"Are those smartphones?" Girl Jordan asked.

"Indeed they are, but they come with a handy little function," Discord explained, as he then released four Rotom, "Now then, Flora, Serenity, Sylvia and Toby, hold up your new phones," Discord instructed. The four of them looked at each other in puzzlement, but did as they were requested. The four Rotom then went inside each of their phones.

"So, it's just like the Rotom Pokedex," Toby commented, looking on the back of his phone, as a pair of Rotom eyes appeared.

"Yes, and they have all the functions of a regular smartphone, including calls and texting, and just like the Rotom Pokedex, they also have a system called the 'Pokémon Box Link', which will allow you to swap Pokémon while on the go, as well as a.... well, Pokedex function. It comes complete with information on Pokémon from every region, including the Galar Region. I also took the liberty of putting in the contact information for the five of you into those phones, as well as the rest of our friends," Discord explained.

"I see," Fluttershy commented.

"But what about me? I can still be useful!" Rotom exclaimed, sounding like it didn't want to be replaced.

"Not to worry. You can just have the data from your Pokedex transferred to the new one, then inhabit that device," Discord explained.

"Well, I don't plan on using this phone's Pokedex when Rotom is available," Will commented.

"Suit yourself. You can still use the phone to communicate with others over long distances, though," Discord explained, taking his leave.

"Who was that?" Lola asked.

"His name is Discord. He's a spirit of chaos. We may be able to ask him to get you guys back to Royal Woods," Fluttershy replied.

"I see. Well, we can worry about that later. For the time being, I think I speak for all of us when I say we want to enjoy this little vacation a little longer," Lincoln commented. His sisters and friend all shared similar sentiments.

"Alright. But, do you think we should test out our phones before anything else?" Toby asked.

"Good call," Silver Spoon said, looking at her phone, but was unsure on what to do with it, "How.... do I use this?" she asked.

"I can show you," Girl Jordan said, walking over Silver Spoon's side, "Alright, first, you'll want to go to contacts," she instructed, as she pressed the contacts button, "Next, you just choose who you want to call or text," she added, as Silver Spoon scrolled through her list of contacts, eventually, arriving at her boyfriend's number, "Now then, for this next part, Toby, could you go to the other side of the fountain?" Girl Jordan asked.

"Ok," Toby replied, as he walked to the fountain.

"Next, just press the green button shaped like a phone. It'll do the rest," Girl Jordan explained. Silver Spoon did so. The screen then said "Calling Toby".

"So, what now?" she asked.

"Now Toby will answer his phone," Girl Jordan replied, as a click could be heard from Silver Spoon's phone.

"Hello? Can you hear me? Testing..... test one.... test two," she could hear Toby say.

"Yes, I'm here, and I can hear you," Silver Spoon replied.

"Ok, I can hear you too. I'll hang up now and come on back," Toby said from the other side of the line, as they heard another click, as the screen said "Call disconnected".

"Wow, so that's all there is to it?" the former Earth pony asked.

"Yep. And don't worry, we'll walk Serenity through it step by step," Lori replied, as Toby rejoined them.

"Ok, so now we have a game plan," Will said.

"Almost," Fluttershy said, as she approached Serenity, "Now sweetie, I want you to be sure to call either me or Toby when you and the others are leaving wherever your going to sleep, and when you get to each stop," she instructed.

"O-Ok Mommy," Serenity quietly said.

"Alright, we're leaving you all responsible for Serenity's safety. Don't get her to buy everything you see, don't let her eat too many snacks, and take good care of her," Fluttershy said to the Royal Woods group.

"You can count on us. Shall we meet back up at the League?" Lori asked.

"Sounds good. You may want to head out there the night prior to opening day. The stadium is pretty far in the middle of the ocean," Will suggested.

"Sounds good. Well, I guess we'll see you all later then," Luan said, as the four trainers called their Ride Pokémon, and made their way back to Poni Island.

"Alright, so how are we going to do this?" Lincoln wondered.

"Well, since the League opens in a week, that means we have six days to show your friends around. And since they've already seen what Poni Island has to offer, that means we can spend two days each on the other three islands," Lisa stated.

"That sounds about right," Lincoln commented, turning to his friends, "Well, you guys want to see what the rest of Alola's islands are like?" he asked. The six of them all gave their agreements, "Then let's get going. There's a lot to see," Lincoln said, as they went on to explore Alola.


Back on Poni Island,

Arriving back on Poni Island, our four heroes made their way to Hapu's house to ask if they could head to the Poni Plains. They soon arrived at the young girl's house, "I hope she's home," Will commented, knocking on the door. Moments later, Hapu opened the door, and was surprised to see her friends.

"Well, ain't this a surprise? What brings y'all back here?" she asked, inviting them in.

"Well, as you know, the Pokémon League is going to start in one week, and we heard a rumor that there's an area on Poni Island called the 'Poni Plains', which is a good spot to train," Will explained.

"Ah yes. I know of what you're talking about. Normally, it would require a trainer who has every base Z Crystal to be allowed to enter. But seeing as how you've all collected all 18 Z Crystals, you should have no problem handling the Pokémon out there," Hapu said.

"So, you'll allow us to enter?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course! All I ask in return is that you bring your A Game during the competition," Hapu said, as she led them back out of her house, and took them to a path that diverged off of the path leading to the canyon, "If you take this path, you'll find yourself at the plains," Hapu said.

"Ok. Thanks for everything Hapu," Will said, as they went their separate ways.

"So, what kind of Pokémon do you think there are in the plains?" Toby asked.

"Who knows? There's bound to be a lot of high powered Pokémon there. We'll just have to wait and see," Will replied, as they walked along the path.

"I wonder what kind of adventures the others are having right about now?" Silver Spoon wondered.


Back with Serenity and the Royal Woods gang,

After a nice shopping spree, the group decided to show Lincoln's friends where the first Trial was held, "Well, here we are, at Verdant Cave," Lincoln said, showing them the cave.

"Whoa, looks like something out of a fantasy movie," Rusty commented.

"What was this trial all about?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"Well, the main typing for this one was Normal Types. Basically, the four of them had to track down two Yungoos or Rattata, and one Gumshoos or Raticate. After they defeated them, they went on through that opening to take on the Totem Pokémon, which was a jumbo sized Gumshoos or Raticate," Lincoln explained.

"I see. By the way, what kind of Pokémon are those ones you just described?" Liam asked.

"Well, why don't we consult the Pokedex? It can provide a better description," Lincoln suggested, as Serenity pulled out her Rotom Phone, and pulled up information on the four Pokémon.

"Yungoos, the Loitering Pokémon, and it's evolved form, Gumshoos, the Stakeout Pokémon. Both are Normal Types. Yungoos are not native to Alola, but were brought in from another region to deal with a problem with Rattata and Raticate. When it evolves into Gumshoos, it gains a certain tenacity. It's natural prey is Rattata, but the two rarely interact, as they are awake at different times. Rattata and Raticate, Alola Form, both are Mouse Pokémon, and are Dark and Normal Types. The nocturnal Pokémon only ever venture out for food. Yungoos and Gumshoos are their natural enemies," Serenity's Rotom Phone said, displaying the four Pokémon for Lincoln's friends to see.

"Hoo-wee! Those are some chompers them there weasel critters have," Liam commented.

"I definitely do not want to meet either of those rats," Girl Jordan commented, shuddering at the thought.

"Well, it's broad daylight, so we needn't worry," Luna commented.

"So, how big were the Totems of this cave?" Clyde asked.

"The Rotom Pokedex said they were at least three times bigger than a normal Gumshoos or Raticate," Lincoln replied.

"Needless to say, they were huge!" Lana added.

"Well, why don't we continue onward? We can probably hit the Melemele Meadow by lunch time," Lori suggested.

"Sounds good," Lincoln commented, as they ventured back out of the cavern, "I wonder how the others are doing?" he wondered.

"O-oh, right! I was told to call Mommy when we go someplace new," Serenity said, as she fiddled with her phone, "O-Ok, contacts, then..... there she is," Serenity said, pressing Fluttershy's name to call her. She heard the dial tone. in a moment, the other line picked up.

"Hello? Serenity, is that you?" she could hear Fluttershy say.

"Y-Yes Mommy, I'm here," Serenity replied.

"Oh good. So, is everything alright?" Fluttershy asked.

"Y-Yes Mommy. W-We were just showing Lincoln's friends the Verdant Cavern, and were planning to head out to the Meadow," Serenity replied.

"Ok. Thank you for keeping me informed. Now, how are things back on Melemele Island? Are the others treating you fairly?"" Fluttershy asked.

"Y-Yes Mommy. We've just been doing some shopping to get Lincoln's friend's some supplies to hold them over until we go back home. S-so, how are things over on Poni Island?" Serenity replied.

"Fairly well. Some of our Pokémon have been evolving like crazy, and Toby managed to capture a Heracross," Fluttershy replied.

"Heracross.... Heracross....." Serenity muttered, trying to think of the Pokémon her mother had mentioned, before remembering seeing some at Will's ranch, "Oh, now I remember! They're those big, blue beetle Pokémon, with the massive horn, right?" she asked.

"Right, and it was a pretty big one. On top of that, we found a Z Crystal that Rotom identified as 'Kommonium Z', which is used to upgrade Kommo-o's Clanging Scales in a more powerful Z Move," Fluttershy said.

"S-sounds like you've been busy," Serenity replied.

"Indeed we have. Hopefully, we'll each be able to make it far into the League," Fluttershy replied.

"I hope you do, too. Well, the others are waiting for me, so, should I let you get back to training?" Serenity asked.

"Ok then. Call me again when you're all turning in for the night," Fluttershy kindly requested.


Poni Island,

"O-Ok Mommy. I love you," Serenity said.

"Mommy loves you too. Goodbye," Fluttershy said, as she hung up.

"That Serenity?" Toby asked.

"Yeah. She and the Louds were showing Lincoln's friends the Verdant Cavern," Fluttershy replied.

"Well, it's good to know that they're taking care of her," Will commented.

"Hey guys!" Silver Spoon called, looking down a path, "There's something down that way!" she exclaimed. The others rushed to her side. When they got to where she was at, they saw what she was looking at. There, at the end of a long path, was a giant tree that looked like it had a building inside of it.

"What could that be?" Will wondered, as they ventured towards the tree. It took about twenty minutes to arrive. And it was, in fact, a gigantic tree, with several platforms on it.

"Welcome to the Battle Tree!" a trainer exclaimed.

"The Battle Tree?" Will asked.

"Yes. It's a place where trainers battle one another. It's a good place to train, and it even awards BPs, which can be used at the stalls you see over there," the trainer replied, motioning to several stalls, "Each stall specializes in a certain kind of sale, using BPs. One sells items that can be given to Pokémon to help their performance in battle, another offers to train Pokémon to use various moves they can't normally learn through regular means. And the third stall has the most spectacular prizes. It allows trainers to trade their BPs for Mega Stones!" the trainer exclaimed, which came as a shock to the four friends.

"You're kidding!" Silver Spoon exclaimed.

"No, honest! That stall gives out Mega Stones which can help Pokémon to Mega Evolve in battle. However, since they are a rare commodity, they go for a very high price of BPs. 64 BPs for each Mega Stone," the trainer replied. Toby thought about something.

"Is it possible to use BPs gained from Mantine Surfing here?" Toby asked.

"Of course! Though you would need to go through each surfing course to rack up enough BPs just to get the Mega Stones you want," the trainer replied, taking off.

"Well, what do you say guys? Think we should go do some Mantine Surfing to rack up some BPs?" Will asked.

"Sounds good to me! I could get a Mega Stone for Blastoise and Gallade," Silver Spoon replied.

"Metagross and Charizard have some pretty cool Mega Forms," Toby added.

"Maybe it would help me get closer to Steelix and the others," Fluttershy added.

"Then we're all in agreement. Let's head back to the Mantine Surfing Beach, and start surfing!" Will said, as they made their way back to the other side of Poni Island.


Day 2, with Serenity's group,

After spending the day exploring Melemele Island the first go around, Serenity's group decided to spend the next day shopping in Hau'oli City, either to do some clothes shopping, getting food, or just buying some souvenirs. It was lunchtime, and they were all eating it the Melemele Mall Food Court. Serenity got a tropical salad, while the others got various other foods, "Mmm, I love this tropical food!" Rusty commented, as he and the rest of Lincoln's friends were enjoying some fruit platters.

"I know right? Even with my Dad's cooking skills, he rarely ventures into tropical cuisine. We usually only have it for special occasions," Clyde commented.

"And the closest I ever get to tropical dishes are mango dishes that my Abuela makes," Ronnie Anne added.

"Leni often makes smoothies with tropical fruits, like kiwis or pineapple," Lincoln added.

"So.... you're cool with your sisters?" Zach asked, his tone indicating he wanted to get the facts straight.

"Yeah, we are. Though in Lynn's case, it took a bit longer. Even after spending the summer at Aunt Rhonda's, she still went back to her super competitive ways, which were brought over to this world, where she wanted to prove she was the best at training Pokémon," Lincoln explained. Lynn sheepishly scratched the back of her head.

"I get what you're saying. Cookie and Kat told me that she was still bugging you after they all came back," Girl Jordan replied.

"Well, as long as you're all back on good terms with one another. But I'm going to remain wary," Clyde commented.

"That's quite understandable," Lisa replied, as she ate an apple, savoring the sweet taste.

"So, after this, how about we look around at some souvenirs?" Liam suggested.

"Sounds good. What do you say, Serenity? You can have first pick," Lori said to the youngest member of the party.

"Uh... well, ok," she replied. They finished eating, and went on to some of the various gift shops.


Back with the other four,

They arrived at the Ula'ula Surfing Spot, having taking part in Mantine Surfing, while trying to stock up as many BPs as they could, "Alright, so how's everyone in terms of BPs?" Will asked.

"I've just broken the 300 point mark," Toby said, looking at his point counter, which was sitting at 308 points.

"Same here," Silver Spoon replied, seeing her counter was sitting at 310 points.

"I just got over 300 points too," Fluttershy added, as her counter read out 315 points.

"As for me, my counter says I've accumulated 700 points," Will commented.

"Well, I think that should do it as far as points go. We can focus on getting Mega Stones for our Pokémon," Silver Spoon commented.

"Yeah. Though another Surf over to Poni Island may do us some good," Toby commented.

"Good call," Will commented, as they went back out on the surf.


Day 2, Akala Island, with Serenity's group,

After their trip throughout Melemele Island, Serenity's group had just arrived at Akala Island, "Whoa, is that a volcano over there?!" Zach exclaimed.

"It is. That's Wela Volcano, where the others went to participate in the Fire Trial," Lincoln replied.

"We can show you guys around once we get there. For now, let's show you around Heahea City," Lana suggested, as they began to walk around.


Later, that day,

The group had just exited the Lush Jungle, which Lincoln's friends thought was amazing, "Now THAT'S what I expect from a tropical island!" Rusty commented.

"There were a lot of Grass Types," Girl Jordan added.

"And it was here that they earned the Grass Type Z Crystal," Luna replied.

"Well, I guess there's no shortages of challenging places to go," Clyde commented.

"Well, there is one more place. We can get there from Heahea City. It's called 'Diglett Tunnel'," Lincoln replied.

"Koni-koni City is on the other side," Lucy added, as they made their way back to the first city.


Day 3, back at Wela Volcano Park,

Serenity, along with Lori, Leni, Luna Luan, Lola, and Girl Jordan were all relaxing in a hot springs they were able to locate, while the rest of the group were off to the side. It was so relaxing for them, "Who knew we'd find a hot springs all the way out here?" Lori asked rhetorically.

"I've never felt this relaxed in my life!" Girl Jordan commented.

"I know what you mean. That crick in my ankle is gone," Lola commented.

"I wonder how Will and the others are doing today?"


With Will's group,

The four trainers were all taking a break back at the Seafolk Village, enjoying some ramen bowls at the floating restraunt, "Man, these are amazing!" Will commented.

"I know! We've had ramen that our friends at the guild before, but I think this is just a little better," Toby commented, taking another slurp of noodles.

"And our Pokémon look like their all loving the Pokémon Food the staff here have provided," Silver Spoon commented, as she saw all their Pokémon chowing down on Pokémon Food.

"Hey, I was wondering.... do you think the stadium is open for people to explore?" Fluttershy asked.

"I looked in to that. Apparently, it's not open to the public until the League opens. This includes all registered participants," Will replied.

"Oh, well, it was just a thought," Fluttershy commented.


Day 4, Ula'ula Island,

"I never would have expected a city like this on an island!" Clyde exclaimed, as he and the rest of Lincoln's friends all looked at Malie City.

"Yeah, Will said it reminded him of his hometown in Johto," Lincoln replied, as they walked further into the city.

"This is so cool!" Ronnie Anne exclaimed.

"Hey, is that a Japanese style garden?" Zach asked, looking at Malie Gardens.

"Ah yes. That's Malie Gardens, one of our first stops when we first got to Ula'ula Island," Lisa replied.

"I'd kind of like to go do some window shopping," Girl Jordan commented.

"I don't think I saw any window stores last time we were here," Leni commented.

"No Leni, what she means is that she wants to look in the windows of some of the stores here, and see what they have to offer," Lori clarified.

"Oh!" Leni commented.

"Well, this city is pretty big. Why don't we split up? Half of us can go and look at Malie Gardens, while the rest of us heads to the shopping district," Lincoln suggested.

"Good call, bro," Luna said, as they split up. The first group, consisting of Zach, Rusty, Clyde, Liam, Lincoln, Ronnie Anne, Lynn, Lucy, Lana, and Lisa all went to the gardens, while the rest went to the shopping district.


Day 5,

Having explored the northern most part of Ula'ula Island, the group was now heading to the southern part of the island, "So, what all is down at the southern tip?" Liam asked.

"Well, it was here that we found some more Z Crystals. We found Ghost, Ice, and Psychic. Though I think the others found the Bug Z Crystal during their trip to Po Town," Lincoln replied.

"What's Po Town like?" Clyde asked.

"Well, we never actually saw it, but from what Will and the others told us, it was basically a vandalized ghost town, that served as the base for Team Skull," Lori replied.

"I remember that name," Zach commented.

"Kind of hard to. They blocked the path leading to Vast Poni Canyon," Rusty replied, as they arrived at the Tapu Village.

"This is the Tapu Village. The Ghost Type Trial used to be a supermarket that was built on land sacred to this island's guardian deity, and was ravaged by it," Lisa commented.

"The Island Guardians sound strong," Liam commented.

"From what we've heard about them, they are, and they ae greatly respected by the people of Alola," Lincoln replied.

"Serenity, didn't you and the others see one of the guardians at one point?" Lola asked.

"W-We did. It was on Melemele Island, when we first met Lillie. We met Tapu Koko," Serenity replied, as they continued to walk. They arrived at the base of Mount Hokulani.

"That is Mount Hokulani, the tallest mountain in Alola," Lincoln said, pointing to the snow covered mountain.

"It really is big!" Girl Jordan commented.

"It's also where they found the Ice Type Z Crystal," Lana replied.

"Looks like it was difficult," Ronnie Anne commented.

"Well, there were some paths that made it easy to hike," Lynn replied.

"Anyhow, the Ghost Trial Site is down this way," Lincoln said, as they led them down the black sandy beach.


Day 7,

Having done shopping around Ula'ula Island, the group was finally on their way to the Pokémon League Stadium, "Well, this is it," Lincoln commented.

"I wonder how far they've come since they started training," Leni commented, as the boat they were on docked at the arena. it didn't take long for them to find their friends.

"Hey guys!" Will called out, as they went over to their side.

"Hello Serenity. Did you enjoy yourself?" Fluttershy asked.

"Y-Yes Mommy," Serenity replied.

"Well, the opening ceremony is going to start soon. We'd better get in there," Will said, as they entered the stadium. The four trainers went into the battlefield, while the others went to the stands.


In the stadium,

On a large stage, Professor Kukui, and Lusamine were both standing side by side. Before them was countless amounts of trainers, including Hau, Gladion, and the Bandit Star Pirates, "Alola, and Welcome to the first ever Alola Region Pokémon League!" Professor Kukui announced, as the crowd erupted into a flurry of cheers, "Now then, I know you're all raring to go, so I'll keep this short, sweet, and to the point. We have all gathered today to determine which among you is the most worthy of being crowned the Alola Region's fist ever champion!" Kukui exclaimed.

"We'll briefly explain how this tournament will work. There are over 200 trainers gathered here today, and we need to whittle that number down to a more manageable amount, like 32 actual participants. Each of you has been given one of four colored cards, red, blue, green, or yellow. Those cards will determine where each of you is to report for the preliminaries," Lusamine explained.

"So that's why we were given these cards," Toby commented, holding a red card. Will was holding a yellow card, Fluttershy, a green card, and Silver Spoon a blue card.

"Around the main arena, there are four color coordinated arenas. Each of you is to report to the stadium that is the same color as your card. There, a battle royal free for all will be waged. Only the eight remaining trainers will move on to the victory tournament," Kukui explained.

"Here are the rules for the preliminaries. You are all allowed the use of one single Pokémon. Once your Pokémon is knocked out, then you are out of the tournament," Lusamine added, which raised some groans from the trainers.

"That's harsh!" Silver Spoon commented.

"But necessary. There are too many trainers here for the tournament, so we have to have these prelims to get a more manageable amount," Will explained.

"And as a special treat, we've invited the Champions of other regions to come and spectate the competition, and here they are now!" Lusamine said, as smoke billowed out form an entry way. From that entry way, several people emerged.

"First, from the Kanto Region, representing the Indigo Plateau, we have Lance, the Dragon Master!" Kukui said, as red headed man in a black and blue suit and cape entered the arena. He had an intense look on his face.

"Next, hailing from the Hoehn Region, we have not one, but two contenders for the title of Champion. First is the man of steel, the Steel Type expert, Steven! Accompanying him is the former Gym Leader of the Sootopolis City Gym, and Contest Master, the Water Master, Wallace!" Lusamine exclaimed. The first man has silver hair, and was dressed in a fancy suit, while the second one had teal hair, and a beret.

"Whoa, they're kinda cute," Leni commented.

"Next up is the Battle Queen from the Sinnoh Region, known for her brilliant tactics and calm judgement, we have Cynthia!" Kukui announced. The next trainer was a tall, blonde woman, with two black orb like hair clips in her hair. She wore a form fitting black outfit, "Following Cynthia, accompanied by former champion Alder, from the Unova Region, this rookie champion shows she's not to be underestimated, its' Iris!" Kukui added, as an elderly man, with bright orange hair, and wearing a poncho was walking beside a young girl with very large, black hair.

"Next, from the Kalos Region, where she's not only famous as Champion, but as a movie star too, we have Diantha!" Lusamine announced, as a woman, with short, brown hair, wearing an expensive looking white outfit entered the stadium too.

"And now, hailing from the far off Galar Region, he's held the title of undefeated champion in the ten years he's been a trainer, we have the Leon!" Kukui said, as the aforementioned man entered.

"Whoa, so that's Leon," Will commented.

"He looks exactly like Nico's card," Toby commented.

"Thank you all for coming out to Alola to be with us," Kukui said to the champions.

"The pleasure is all ours," Lance replied.

"We look forward to seeing how you all battle it out to stand among us," Diantha said to the crowd.

"We'll all be watching the preliminaries from the stands in the four stadiums around the main arena. We expect to see great strategies, and even more excellent sportsmanship!" Wallace said.

"Now, without further ado, let the first ever Alola Pokémon League begin!" Kukui declared.

"The preliminaries will start in one hour. Be prepared as you all go to battle!" Lusamine declared. Our heroes, after being dismissed along with the other trainers, regrouped with their friends outside the arena.

"The preliminaries sound like they're going to be rough," Clyde commented.

"We need to pick Pokémon that have high defensive power, as well as maneuverability, and attack power," Silver Spoon stated.

"Right. Because with loosing the only Pokémon we're allowed to have with us, it's easy to get kicked out," Will commented.

"I think I might go with Noivern," Toby commented, while they started walking. While they were walking, Will bumped into someone by accident.

"Oh, sorry about that," Will apologized.

"No, no, it's my fault. I should've been watching where I was going," the Loud siblings immediately recognized the man's voice. Looking at him, they saw that it was none other than one man, one they had not seen in a long time.

"DAD?!" they said in unison.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Trevenant*(M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Hariyama (M), Goodra (M),




Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Hawlucha (M), Toucannon (F), Torterra (M), Meganium (F)





Toby: Turtonator (M), Metagross* (N/A), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M)






Serenity: Lopunny (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)







Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), Gengar (M), Glaceon (F), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F)






Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)






Lori: Skarmory (F)






Luna: Houndour (F)






Lynn: Gyarados (M)








Lucy: Sandile (F)







Lana: Minccinno (F)






Lisa: Elgyem (M)







In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Arcanine (M), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Magmortar (F), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Mimikyu (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M)







Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (F), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Golem (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Gengar* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Steelix (M), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M),








Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Scizor (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxray (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Mawile (F), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Meltan (N/A), Heracross (M)









Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)








Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Gallade (M), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A),



Totem Stickers: 100/100

PreviousChapters Next