• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Beach Time!

Morning broke over the Pokémon Center, overlooking the ocean, and our heroes were just now getting up, "Man, that was some intense training last night," Will commented, stretching out his back.

"But it did help us get closer to our Pokémon," Silver Spoon added.

"Yeah. I think I'm going to play with Ralts and Shinx at the beach today," Toby commented.

"Well, let's get some chow. We can get down and check out the beach a little later," Will said. He and Toby stepped out into the hall to allow the girls to change their clothes. When they did, they saw Lincoln standing outside as well.

"Hey guys. What's going on for today?" the lone Loud brother asked.

"First, we're getting some breakfast. Then, after we let it settle for a bit, we can go and check out the beach," Will replied.

"That's cool. Lana's definitely going to want go swimming. I just hope Lynn doesn't go overboard with beach fun," Lincoln grumbled.

"Lynn did get a bit hotheaded last night," Toby commented.

"Yeah, she absolutely hates loosing. She doesn't like admitting when she's lost. She always comes up with some biased excuse for her losses," Lincoln whispered, not wanting the bully sister to hear him. Just then, Fluttershy, Silver Spoon and Serenity came out of the room.

"Ok, we're going to head on to the café," Fluttershy said, as they walked off.

"You go first Toby," Will urged, letting the glasses wearing boy go and get changed. No sooner than he did, all nine of Lincoln's sisters exited the room.

"It's all yours bro," Luna said, as they left for the café. Lincoln then entered the room. Soon after, Toby exited the room. Will then entered, and got changed as well. He then left the room to go meet up with the others, who were waiting around the lobby.

"You guys get something to eat?" Will asked.

"Not yet. They just put out a big buffet of muffins. We wanted to wait for you before we started," Fluttershy said, as Will took notice of a large variety of muffins.

"Great, 'cause I'm starving!" Will said, as everyone began serving themselves.

"I can eat faster than you!" Lynn challenged the uncaring Lincoln, Lana, Toby, and Luna, as she wolfed down a muffin. She then started beating her chest.

"See? This is why we tell you not to make EVERYTHING a competition!" Lori scolded, as she patted the athletes back.

"You're just jealous cause I beat you!" Lynn countered. This got all of her siblings, even Leni, furious at her.

WHAM! x9

Lynn was now laying in a large crater, completely unconscious, "You can't taunt us with such childish nonsense, Lynn," Lisa chastised, as she, Lori, Luna, Luan, and Lincoln were holding the various items from before. Leni was holding a sea conch, while Lucy was holding a thick book, and the twins were holding either a frying pan or a rolling pin.

"Does.... this happen a lot?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Only when Lynn get's too high and mighty for herself," Lori replied, as she and the others continued eating. After they finished eating, they went out to see what they wanted to do. Luna and Luan were dragging Lynn across the floor.

"Now then guys. We're taking a break from the Island Challenge today. We're using this time to go and have some fun, as well as giving our Pokémon a break from battling. You're all free to do whatever you want. Just make sure you let someone know what you're doing," Will instructed. Everyone gave their approval.

"Alright guys, come on out!" Toby said, as he released Snowball, Shinx, Ralts, Tsareena, Torracat, and Charmeleon.

"You guys should join the fun too!" Will said, releasing Dartrix, Grimer, Hariyama, Corphish, Cubone, and Magby.

"Come out and play too!" Fluttershy said, sending out Brionne, Trumbeak, Onix, Rockruff, Eevee, and Phanpy.

"You guys too!" Silver Spoon said, as she released Azumarill, Magneton, Lycanroc, Growlithe, Butterfree, and Ralts. Serenity released Lopunny, Charjabug, Spinda, Minun, Dewott, and Chubbykins. The Pokémon, as well as the humans all scattered to do their own thing. Toby, Silver Spoon went swimming to the nearby island, followed by Leni, Luan, and Lana. Will decided to explore the shoreline with Fluttershy, Serenity, Lincoln, Lori, Luna, and Lisa, while Serenity was building a sandcastle with Lola. Lucy stuck to the shade. Each of the Pokémon were also doing their own thing as well. Tsareena was lounging on a nearby bush, with the still unconscious Lynn laying nearby. She was relaxing, while she watched the other Pokémon playing, although in Rockruff's case, it looked more like it was wanting to fight.

For the sake of this next bit, a special filter has been place that translates what a Pokémon says

"Come on! Someone fight me!" Rockruff growled, as he growled at the other Pokémon.

"Nothing happening. We're all on break!" Charmeleon replied, laying on his back.

"What is with you Rockruff? You've been a real pain lately," Azumarill commented.

"I don't know, ok!?! I feel like I'm about to evolve any moment, but it's not coming!" Rockruff snapped.

"You mean you can't evolve? How does that even work?!" Torracat asked.

"I don't know! I didn't feel anything different last night, and I don't feel anything now in day time!" Rockruff yelled.

"Hello?" Toby' Ralts asked, putting her face in a seashell.

"Please don't do that sis," Silver Spoon's Ralts pleaded, taking the seashell away from his ditzy sister.

"Lycanroc, didn't you feel different when you evolved?" Lopunny asked.

"I did. I felt the rays of the sun entering my body, becoming one with my very being," Lycanroc replied.

"Maybe Toby's Lycanroc felt the same way when she evolved last night. We should ask her the next time we see her," Shinx suggested. Speaking of Toby, he, along with the girls just came back up from swimming.

End of Filter

"Whew, that was quite the adventure," Toby commented.

"But what are these things?" Lana asked, holding two jeweled stones. One was a deep blue with bubbles inside, while the other was teal with a sun symbol in it.

"Maybe Will knows?" Toby suggested, as the aforementioned man came walking by.

"Hey guys, how was the swimming?" Will asked.

"Pretty good. We found these things while swimming," Lana replied, giving Will the two stones.

"Well, I'm most impressed. You've found a Water Stone and a Dawn Stone," Will said, examining the two stones.

"Is that good?" Leni asked.

"Quite good. These two are some of the various evolution stones needed to evolve certain species of Pokémon. For Water Stones, it can help Eevee evolve into Vaporeon, or Poliwhirl into Poliwrath," Will explained.

"Ok, but what about the Dawn Stone?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Well, unlike other stones, a Dawn Stone can only evolve two different Pokémon. It can evolve a Male Kirlia into a Gallade, or a Female Snorunt into a Froslass," Will replied. Silver Spoon's Ralts saw the Dawn Stone, and looked at it with hopeful eyes. Eevee was seen jumping on Will's leg.

"Eevee, you silly, what are you doing?" Fluttershy asked, picking up her Pokémon.

"It's most likely that Eevee wants the Water Stone," Will theorized.

"I'd kind of like to see a Vaporeon myself," Lana admitted. Will then handed Fluttershy the Water Stone. In an instant, Eevee became engulfed in a bubble of water, and began evolving. It soon became a Vaporeon.

"So, that's a Vaporeon?" Luna asked.

"Vaporeon, the Bubble Jet Pokémon, a Water Type, and one of eight evolved forms of Eevee. It's molecules are similar to that of water, so it can meld in easily," Rotom said.

"It's so pretty!" Fluttershy commented, stroking the newly evolved Vaporeon, who then fired off Water Gun at a nearby rock.

"What are you wanting to evolve your other Eevee into?" Leni asked.

"I was thinking of Flareon, which is the Fire Type Evolved Form," Toby replied.

"As for me, I want to evolve my Eevee into Jolteon and Glaceon," Silver Spoon added.

"And for me, maybe Umbreon," Fluttershy commented.

"Well, Glaceon may be a while, since we need to find a large, ice covered rock to make it evolve. Eevee will need to be extremely friendly towards it's trainer at night to evolve into Umbreon. But as for Flareon and Jolteon, we would need to find a Fire Stone and a Thunder Stone, respectively," Will replied.

"I bet I can find one first!" Lynn boasted, only to be stomped on by Tsareena.

Filter On

"Know your place, stink human," Tsareena said, glaring down at Lynn.

Filter Off

"Thanks for that Tsareena," Luan said. Tsareena only whipped her hair like sepals.

"Agreed. Lynn doesn't even know where to start looking, so she may have gotten herself in a jam if she weren't careful," Will commented.

"Can you call her off?" Lynn asked.

"Ok Tsareena, could you step off of her please?" Toby asked. Tsareena did so, allowing Lynn to stretch out her back, "Thank you," Tsareena blushed at her trainer's kind words.

"So, where does one find evolution stones?" Lisa asked.

"Well, I remember Mohn saying something about the caves of Isle Aphun often hold rare items, like the evolution stones. Maybe we can look into that," Will suggested.

"So, we'd be needing to take a trip to Poke Pelago?" Lola asked.

"Pretty much. I mean, we can often find the stones b smashing rocks. But, there's no real rush, is there?" Will asked.

"Not really," Toby replied.

"I can wait for evolving my Eevee," Silver Spoon added.

"And that's alright. There's never a need to rush things," Will said. Fluttershy then went over to the water with Brionne and Vaporeon so they could all swim together. As they were swimming, they saw some Pokémon that looked almost exactly like Mantine, and some Pokémon that closely resembled pistols. She saw a lot of other Pokémon as well, including what looked like a sea cucumber. She went over to look at it, only for it to spit up a large white hand. This startled Fluttershy enough to swim back to shore.

"See any interesting Pokémon?" Lori asked Fluttershy.

"A few. Some of them looked like smaller forms of Mantine," Fluttershy replied.

"They were probably Mantyke, the pre-evolved form of Mantine," Will commented.

"If Rotom was here, it could tell us a bit more about it," Toby commented.

"Speaking of which, where is Rotom?" Lana asked, not seeing the possessed Pokedex anywhere.

"I heard Rotom say something about staying indoors to catch some detective drama show," Will replied. A breeze kicked in. Everyone noticed dark storm clouds heading their way, "Well, so much for fun in the sun," Will said, as he and the others rounded up their Pokémon, and made their way back into the Pokémon Center, just as the storm drew over.

"Guess we should've seen that coming," Lincoln commented, as the rain continued pouring down.

"Well, we can still have fun inside," Will commented, trying to look on the bright side, as they all rereleased their Pokémon.

"I think I'll go join Rotom," Lincoln commented, being followed by Lori, Leni, Luna, Luan, and Lola. Then, without warning, both of the Ralts evolved into a ballerina like Pokémon, which everyone just assumed was Kirlia. Shinx also evolved. It became a large, lion cub Pokémon with black fur covering most of the blue fur.

"They've evolved!" Toby exclaimed.

"Both Ralts are now Kirlia, and Shinx has become Luxio," Will stated.

"It's all thanks to the training they did on Poke Pelago," Toby said, petting Luxio, who seemed to really enjoy it.

"So, Kirlia, do you want to evolve into Gallade now?" Silver Spoon asked, holding the Dawn Stone. Her Kirlia reached desperately for it, "Well, alright then," Silver Spoon said, as she tapped her Kirlia with the Dawn Stone. Kirlia then began evolving. It now looked like a knight with blade arms, "Amazing!" she commented.

"I would like for you to evolve soon, Kirlia," Toby said to his Kirlia, patting her on the head.

"So, what now? We just go and do our own thing?" Fluttershy asked.

"I guess? There's not much to do until the storm lets up," Will commented. With that, everyone went off to do their own thing.


Later, at Sunset,

Our heroes had just settled down for dinner, along side their Pokémon, who, for the most part, were changed up. Will's team now consisted of Dartrix, Grimer, Hariyama, Litleo, Cubone, and Corphish. Fluttershy's team stayed the same, except she swapped Phanpy and Onix out for Hawlucha and her other Eevee. Toby's team was now made up of Braixen, Vulpix, Torracat, Turtonator, Kirlia, and Lycanroc. Silver Spoon's team was now Azumarill, Butterfree, Magneton, Lycanroc, Gallade, and Growlithe. Serenity decided that Chubbykins needed some exercise, so she sent him off to Poke Pelago, and took out Buizel. While everyone was eating, Rockruff began to feel the urge of evolution.

Filter On

Rockruff then began walking towards the door. This caught the attention of the other Pokémon, "Hey Rockruff, where are you going?" Braixen asked. Rockruff didn't answer. He looked to be in a trance.

"That certainly is unusual," Gallade commented. He then got the attention of Fluttershy.

Filter Off

"Something wrong Gallade?" Fluttershy asked. Gallade pointed to Rockruff, who was going outside, "Rockruff, where are you going?" she asked. Rockruff then began taking in the rays of the setting sun, and began to evolve. Everyone was anticipating Rockruff to evolve into the Midday Form, since the sun was still out, but when Rockruff finished evolving, it became a Lycanroc that looked like Midday Form, but wasn't. It's coat was orange, with a mane similar to the Midnight Form of Lycanroc, "Lycanroc..." Fluttershy said.

"So cool!" Lana commented.

"Flora's Rockruff has evolved into a form that is neither Midday nor Midnight Form! It's a completely new form of Lycanroc!" Rotom exclaimed.

"This certainly rare," Nurse Joy commented, looking at the newly evolved Lycanroc.

"You mean something like this has happened before?" Will asked.

"It only happens to certain Rockruff, but they will evolve into this Dusk Form Lycanroc at Sunset. It's so rare that not even the Rotom Pokedex has any information on it," Nurse Joy explained.

"Now we have complete set of different form Lycanroc!" Lola commented.

"According to my scan of Lycanroc, it has learned both Counter and Accelerock, as well as Stone Edge," Rotom stated.

"Already a good move set," Will commented.

"Well, we've had a busy day today," Toby commented, looking at all of the newly evolved Pokémon.

"And tomorrow, we'll tackle the Lush Jungle Trial!" Will declared. With that, everyone went back to their dinner.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Dartrix (M), Alolan Grimer (F), Hariyama (M), Cubone (M), Corphish (M), Litleo (M)


Fluttershy: Brionne (F), Trumbeak (F), Eevee (F), Smeargle (M), Hawlucha (M), Lycanroc (Dusk Form) (M)


Toby: Braixen (F), Vulpix (F), Torracat (M), Tsareena*(F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form) (F), Kirlia* (F)


Serenity: Lopunny (F), Charjabug (M), Misdreavus (F), Spinda (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F)


Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Magneton (N/A), Butterfree* (M) Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M), Growlithe (F), Gallade (M)


In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M), Magby (F), Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F)


Fluttershy: Zorua*(F), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Phanpy (F), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Onix (M), Vaporeon (M), Smeargle (M)


Toby: Noibat (M), Mawile (F) Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Eevee (F), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Skrelp (M), Corphish (M), Krabby (M), Luxio (M), Slugma (F), Growlithe (M), Magby (M), Numel (M), Litleo (F), Espeon (F), Prinplup (M), Charmeleon (M), Quilava (F), Alakazam (M)


Serenity: Eevee x2 (1 Male*, 1 Female), Mareep*(M), Buizel (F), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Detective Pikachu (M)


Silver Spoon: Eevee x2 ( Both are Female), Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Wartortle (F), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (M), Monferno (F), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Clauncher (F)


Totem Stickers So far: 43/100

PreviousChapters Next