• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Discovering Many Different Surprises!

After a rousing battle session at the gym, our heroes all decided to explore Malie City a little more. Will's group, who consisted of Toby, Luna, Lynn, Lucy, Lana, and Lisa, made their way North of Malie City, where they arrived at some sort of facility, "Hmm, what's all this then?" Will wondered.

"According to this sign, it's apparently the Alola Garbage Dump," Lisa replied, examining a nearby sign.

"Rotom, what kid of Pokémon can we find here?" Luna asked.

"Searching: Search Found! Trubbish, the Trash Bag Pokémon, a Poison Type. Unsanitary places are what they like best. They are often mixed up in battles against Grimer for their source of sustenance: garbage," Rotom explained.

"Oh, cool! I'd want a Pokémon like that!" Lana exclaimed.

"Well, there should be some around in the tall grass. If you can find one, Toby or I can battle it to weaken it, then you can catch it with this," Will said, giving Lana a Fast Ball.

"So, where should we look?" Lisa asked.

"Well, you probably remember me saying this, but Pokémon tend to hide out in tall grass. So, we should check there," Will replied, as they ventured over to the grass. There, they encountered not a Trubbish, but what looked to be a chinchilla Pokémon with a brush like tail.

"Oh nice! Flora or Serenity would love a Pokémon like that!" Toby commented.

"Minccino, the Chinchilla Pokémon, a Normal Type. A clean freak that doesn't allow even the slightest mess, it uses it's tail like a mop to thoroughly clean away any and all filth," Rotom explained.

"That sounds like something Lola would like," Lucy commented.

"Eh, I'm not to keen on cleanliness. Let's keep looking," Lana suggested, not wanting a cleaning Pokémon. She soon found herself surrounded by a hoard of Minccino, all with intent looks in their eyes, "Uh, guys? I don't like how they're looking at me," she commented, as they all pounced on her, and started brushing her with their tails.

"We really should have seen this coming," Luna commented. Soon, the Minccino dispersed, leaving Lana reeling from the clean attack. When she looked to the Fast Ball, she saw that it had clicked.

"Aw man! I really wanted a Trubbish," she commented.

"Well, you should at least try to get close to Minccinno. If you find you don't like it, you are always free to release it," Will said. Lana thought about what he had just said. She also remembered about Torracat and Tsareena back when they were a Litten and Bounsweet, and how they were abandoned by Busujima. Lana didn't really like him for that, and didn't want to end up like him.

"Well, I guess I can try and make it work," Lana replied. It was then that Lucy noticed something in the dirt.

"What's this?" she wondered, as she dug it out. She found what appeared to be a green marble with a symbol that looked like a DNA molecule.

"You find something, Luce?" Luna asked, catching the attention of the others.

"I found this marble. I thought it could be something important," Lucy replied, showing them the stone in question. Upon closer inspection, Will immediately recognized what the Goth Loud Sister had found.

"Well, I am most impressed Lucy. You found a prime example of a Key Stone," he replied.

"What's a Key Stone?" Lisa asked.

"See, there are some Pokémon that are capable of a phenomenon called 'Mega Evolution', in which they evolve further and become stronger. Of course it only occurs during battle, and the effects are only temporary," Toby explained to the best of his knowledge.

"Excellent description Toby. Mega Evolution is one of the many marvels of the Pokémon World. If a Pokémon is holding a certain Mega Stone, and the trainer is holding a Key Stone, and if there's is a powerful bond between them, then Mega Evolution is possible. Of course, only a small handful of Pokémon are able to use Mega Evolution," Will explained.

"Can you give us some examples?" Lisa requested.

"Well, in Flora's case, her Pupitar can evolve into Tyranitar, which is an example, as well as her Steelix and Combusken, when it evolves into Blaziken. In Toby's case, his Gardevoir, Mawile, Alakazam, Scizor, Charmeleon when it evolves into Charizard can Mega Evolve. In Serenity's case, she has Lopunny and Ivysaur, when it evolves into Venusaur, or her Marshtomp into a Swampert. Finally, in Sylvia's case, there's her Gallade and Blastoise," Will explained.

"Between myself, Lynn, and Lincoln, can any of ours Mega Evolve?" Lana asked.

"Well, Minccino and Mareanie can still evolve, but as far as I've heard, no Mega Stones have even been discovered. But in Lynn's case, Gyarados is able to Mega Evolve," Will couldn't even finish his reply, as Lynn quickly snatched the Key Stone from her sister.

"Alright! Maybe now that Busujima creep can take me seriously!" Lynn boasted, only for the Key Stone to be snatched by Will.

"Not so fast there. Remember what I said about there needing to be a powerful bond between trainer and Pokémon? Without that, Key Stones and Mega Stones are just regular rocks," Will stated. Lynn huffed at this.

"Other than the ones that you listed, what other kinds of Pokémon can Mega Evolve?" Luna asked. With that, Will went into explanation mode.


With the other group,

Fluttershy, with the help of Lori and Lincoln, were keeping an eye on the ones who went with them to the shopping district. Looking around, they saw all manner of boutiques, restraunts, and other shops, "Why don't we go find some cute clothes?" Leni suggested.

"I guess picking up a new outfit or two wouldn't hurt," Lori agreed.

"Just as long as we DON'T have ANOTHER clothing Incident," Lincoln commented a little harshly. His sisters winced at being reminded of what happened during a certain Protocol Fiasco.

"Ugh, don't remind us," Luan pleaded, shuddering at the memory.

"Did something happen?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Well, Lori and Leni got into a fight over a dress a while back, so my sister thought up a protocol to keep them from interacting with one another, but the system had so many flaws, it was outlawed in our home after the only time it was used. Let's just leave it at that," Lincoln explained. His sisters picked up a tone of annoyance in his voice, but they couldn't blame him; Lincoln did suffer the most during the incident. Serenity didn't seem comfortable by this, but then she saw a toy store, with a large selection of Pokémon Plushies. With her interest piqued, she wandered over to the store window, to look at the toys. Fluttershy couldn't help but smile at her daughter's antics.

"I'll be in here with Serenity if any of you need me," Fluttershy said, as she went into the Toy Store with Serenity. Lincoln, deciding he was fine with his outfit, decided to look around at the restraunt stalls for something to snack on, leaving the girls to go into one of the boutiques.


With Fluttershy and Serenity,

Looking around the plushies, Serenity found herself unable to choose because of how cute they all were, "If you want to get one of each, we can always take them back home with us, and come right back," Serenity looked up to her mother.

"I would like that very much," Serenity whispered. With that, they collected one of each plushy, and went to pay for them.

"That's quite the haul madam. You're daughter must be really good if you're getting all of these," the clerk commented, as he checked out each toy. It was a good thing Discord gave Fluttershy and the others trainer cards with unlimited funds, because she wouldn't have been able to afford them otherwise, "Would you like these gift wrapped?" he offered.

"If you would be so kind," Fluttershy replied. With that, the clerk got out a large box, and placed each toy inside. Serenity did, however, pull out a plushy that looked like a koala holding a log, intent on keeping it out, "Thank you so much," Fluttershy said, as she and Serenity picked it up, and took it out of the store, and into an alley way, "Ok, now then, we just need to head back to the ranch, and leave it there," Fluttershy said, as they got out their amulets. With a light rub, they teleported back to Ponyville, and left the box at the ranch house, leaving it next to a sofa. Once that was done, they used their amulets to teleport back to the exact moment they teleported away. With that out of the way, they went back onto the streets. As they did, they saw something sparkling on the ground.


Inside a Boutique,

The four girls were all trying on various clothes, trying to find which one suited them the best. Leni came out wearing a sundress and a large brimmed hat, befitting the tropical vibe of Alola, "That looks good on you, Leni," Silver Spoon commented.

"You think?" the ditzy blonde asked.

"You literally look like a tourist on a tropical vacation," Lori replied.

"I was think of maybe this shirt," Luan said, holding a yellow tank top.

"Could work," Lola commented. This went on for little under half an hour, before they had all their outfits picked out, and went up to the cashier.

"Thanks again for treating us," Lori said to Silver Spoon.

"Eh, don't worry about it. I'm happy to do it," the white haired girl replied, as she paid for everything. Once that was all squared away, they exited the boutique. Lola then noticed something sparkling on the ground.


At a Malasada Shop,

"See anything you like Mareanie?" Lincoln asked, as he and Mareanie were eyeing some Malasadas at a snack bar stand. Mareanie then pointed to a pink malasada with blue sprinkles, "You like that one then?" Lincoln asked. Mareanie nodded.

"Alright then. Could we get one of those Malasadas?" Lincoln asked the clerk.

"Of course," the clerk said, getting the Malasada, "Oh, and it would appear you're the 100th customer this month. So you get a half a dozen Malasadas on the house," he said, giving Lincoln a big box, along with Mareanie's Malasada in a separate bag.

"Wow, thank you," Lincoln said, sounding surprised at how lucky he was. He then took Mareanie to a nearby bench. Storing the other six Malasadas in his bag, he then gave Mareanie it's Malasada, which it was more than happy to devour, 'Guess this just proves Lynn wrong about that whole ordeal,' the lone brother thought to himself, as an image of a balding man with a green sweater, and a woman with blonde hair, and thick thighs, being taken away by the police entered his mind, 'I can't help but feel partially responsible for that. But what's done is done,' Lincoln thought, shaking his head. This caught the attention of Mareanie, "Oh, don't worry Mareanie. I was just thinking of a bad experience my family gave me recently. I really could've tried to avoid all that, but they chose their path," he said. This caused Mareanie to wonder what happened between his master and his sisters. Lincoln then noticed something at the base of the bench they were sitting at, "What could this be?" he wondered, as went to pick it up.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Grimer (F), Hariyama (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M)


Fluttershy: Primarina (F),Crabrawler (M), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M). Pupitar (M), Steelix (M), Zoroark*(F)



Toby: Pikachu (F), Vulpix (F), Braixen (F), Torracat (M), Charmeleon (M), Quilava (F)




Serenity: Lopunny (F), Charjabug (M), Misdreavus (F), Eevee* (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F)



Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Magneton (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Blastoise (F)




Lincoln: Mareanie* (M)




Lynn: Gyarados (M)



Lana: Minccinno (F)

In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M)



Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Phanpy (F), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F), Nosepass (M),Toucannon (F), Hawlucha (M) Goodra (F) Smeargle (M)




Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Skrelp (M), Corphish (M), Luxio (M), Slugma (F), Growlithe (M), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M)Goodra (F) Noibat (M), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Turtonator (M), Mawile (F), Empoleon (M), Flareon (F), Espeon (F), Gardevoir* (F)



Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Mareep*(M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), Seedot (F), Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F)



Silver Spoon: Eevee (F), Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Butterfree* (M) Goodra* (F)

Totem Stickers So far: 58/100

The Next few chapters are going to be about what happened between Lincoln and his family after what happened in "No Such Luck". It will be a crossover with Yu-Gi-Oh!, but that's all I will say for now.

PreviousChapters Next