• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 77: Aether Paradise Rescue (Part 1)

The fleet of boats were all making their way to the Aether Paradise, where Lillie had sent the distress signal. All the while, Toby and Busujima were taken to the Team Aqua/Magma HQ to have themselves and their Pokemon treated after their ordeal with the Essentia Suits and the Dark Balls. Though Toby protested, insisting on helping save the Aether Paradise, the others insisted that he rest. The Champions took both of them and the Beings of Harmony, and said they would make sure they'd get to safety, "Let's hurry and get there! There's no telling what the Rainbow Rockets will do," Will said, as the boats all sped towards the Aether Paradise.

"But one thing bugs me.... We destroyed the Dark Core, so it shouldn't be possible for them to have any Pokemon under their control," Luna Loud commented.

"It's quite possible that the Dark Balls they might have are equipped with a power source separate from the Dark Core," Lincoln theorized.

"If that's the case, we're going to need to destroy the Dark Balls themselves," Will commented, as they neared the Paradise's docks, slipping in, they hoped, undetected. They all disembarked, and got onto the platforms above. There, they saw Gladion and Lillie.

"Thank you all for coming!" Lillie said.

"What's the situation?" Will asked.

"About six or seven dozen or so Rainbow Rocket Grunts, along with four important looking men invaded the Paradise thanks to Faba. Turns out, he was actually a member in disguise," Gladion explained.

"I never did trust that creep," Silver Spoon commented.

"Anyhow, the four men, and most of the grunts made their way into Mother's mansion, and turned it into their castle base. We have reason to believe that they're going to try and open an Ultra Wormhole," Gladion continued.

"Then we have to make sure that never happens." Twilight commented.

"With this many trainers on our side, we might be able to pull it off," Gladion commented, seeing the very large group of trainers.

"Alright, so what's the plan?" Luna Loud asked.

"Well, what do we know about opening Ultra Wormholes?" Lincoln asked.

"Faba has been experimenting with a device to artificially open the Wormholes ever since our father disappeared. He keeps the device and the documents hidden in his labs down below," Lillie replied.

"I doubt they would send a lot of grunts down there just for some machinery. A small group should head down there and keep the Grunts busy, while the rest of us heads up above to try and stop Team Rainbow Rocket," Lincoln strategized.

"So basically, the team going down to the labs are just stalling for time?" Lillie asked.

"Pretty much," Lincoln replied.

"We can be part of the team that'll stall them," Kiawe said, motioning to himself, and the trial captains.

"I'll go too," Hau volunteered.

"We can provide suitable numbers as well," Lori added.

"Then the rest of us will lay siege to the Rainbow Rocket Castle," Will declared.

"Just be careful. We don't know if they all have Dark Balls. Even if they don't they're still extremely dangerous," Gladion stated, as they all split up to take on their tasks. The Lab Team went on the elevator first, heading down, before the elevator came back, allowing the castle team to head up to the first level. When they arrived, they saw Wicke, leaning on the side of a wall, looking like she's been through the mill.

"Wicke!" Lillie exclaimed, running to her caretaker's side.

"Miss Lillie? What are you all doing here?" Wicke asked.

"We're here to drive off Team Rainbow Rocket," Will replied, helping the woman to her feet.

"I underestimated the strength of some of their members. The power of the Dark Balls are far greater than I originally thought," Wicke replied.

"Don't worry. We won't rest until we drive them all out of here," Will replied.

"Ok. The International Police is on their way to provide backup. Hopefully, we can last until they arrive," Wicke said.

"We won't let you down," Gladion said, as they all rushed towards Lusamine's mansion. Upon exiting the main area, they saw that the mansion had been turned into a black and red castle, embezzled with the R of Team Rocket. They also saw some Grunts.

"Hey you! This is private property! Get lost!" one Grunt yelled, as he and several grunts went to confront them, sending out Crobat and Raticate, all under the influence of the Dark Ball.

"You're the ones who are trespassing. You should get lost!" Gladion snapped, sending out Silvally. The others all sent out their Pokemon as well.

"We're going to have to blast through! Bisharp, use Night Slash!" Byakko commented, as Bisharp started attacking, cutting through the crowd of Pokemon and Grunts, allowing the group to rush through. They soon arrived at the castle.

"Alright, let's go in," Davis said, as he went for the door, only to be pushed back into Sergey and Mako by a Psychic attack.

"Ah-ah-ah! I wouldn't do that again if I were you," the familiar voice of Faba said, as he marched in front of them.

"Faba! You may be a slime ball, but I thought you were loyal to the Aether Foundation!" Will exclaimed.

"Heh, never judge a book by it's cover, William. I've been acting as a spy for Team Rainbow Rocket for years, trying to uncover the secrets of the Ultra Wormholes and the Ultra Beasts. I could care less of this farce of an organization! Pokemon are merely tools of business and war, and nothing more!" Faba said, sending out his Pokemon, who were all under the Dark Ball's evil power.

"I'll take care of Faba! You guys go and find Mother, and help her fend off the Rainbow Rocket leaders!" Gladion said, sending out the rest of his Pokemon.

"Right. C'mon guys!" Will said, as they all ran past Faba.

"Oh no you don't! Alakazam, Hypno! Stop them all!" Faba ordered. Both of his Pokemon attempted to stop the large group, only to be attacked from behind by Gladion's Umbreon and Silvally, equipped with the Dark Memory.

"You're battling me, you traitor!" Gladion growled.

"Hmm, it won't take long to dispose of you," Faba said, as he engaged Gladion in battle.


Inside the Castle,

The inside of the castle was just as twisted as the outside, "This is... horrible! We need to find Mother quickly!" Lillie exclaimed.

"Now don't ya worry your hat off. We'll find her," Applejack said. They noticed the door leading into Lusamine's chambers was sealed by a gate.

"Lusamine can bill us later for this," Will said, as he sent out Aggron, "Alright Aggron, use Head Smash on the gate there!" Will instructed. Aggron then used Head Smash, completely destroying not only the gate, but the door, and a sizable chunk of the wall.

"Hopefully, Mother will be understanding," Lillie said, as she and some others piled into Lusamine's bedroom. Lillie then went over to the warp panel, only to find it wasn't working, "Just as I feared. Whoever is in charge of Team Rainbow Rocket must've turned off the warp panel to keep outsiders out," she theorized.

"Maybe there's a way to turn the warp panels on from out here?" Will asked.

"Yes.... yes, you're right! Mother showed me the switches that activate the Warp Panel after the Necrozma Incident," Lillie exclaimed.

"Then we'll go find those switches! Where are they?" Nico asked.

"Upstairs. But they're both on opposite sides of the mansion," Lillie replied.

"Since we don't know how many Rainbow Rocket Grunts are on each side, or if different Team Leaders are on each side, we'll have a better chance if we split up evenly. Half of us will take one side, while the others take the other side," Ruby suggested.

"Sounds good. We'll all meet back here after we find the switches," Guzma said, as they all headed out of the room, and took the stairs.


In the northwest wing,

The group consisting of Will, the Mane Six, the Royal Sisters, the Crystal Couple, Silver Spoon, Josh, Kelly, Crystal, Cory, Mike, Bolt, Connor, Plumeria, and Guzma all made their way up the stairs, which led them to a room with warp panels, "What now?" Plumeria questioned.

"My guess is the warp panels. One of them must take us to the switch room," Will said, as he stepped on one, before warping away. One by one, they all followed him. Unfortunately, the room they warped into was full of Grunts.

"Intruder alert!"

"Snuff them out!" the Grunts all sent out their Pokemon, which consisted of Raticate, Crobat, Sandslash, Golem, and others, all under the Dark Ball's influence.

"I had a feeling it would be too easy.... well, let's break through!" Guzma said, sending out his Golisopod, the others all sent out their Pokemon as well.

"Aggron, use Head Smash!" Will instructed. Aggron unleashed Head Smash, blasting through several of the corrupted Pokemon.

"Gengar, use Dark Pulse!" Fluttershy instructed. Gengar fired off Dark Pulse, which struck more of the corrupted Pokemon.

"Glaceon, use Blizzard!" Silver Spoon instructed. Glaceon then fired off a howling Blizzard, striking more corrupted Pokemon.

"I'll keep these boneheads off your backs! Go on ahead!" Guzma yelled. Knowing the mission was important, the others all made their way through the next warp panel, which led to another room filled with more grunts.

"Is there no end to these grunts?!" Princess Luna exclaimed.

"I'll hold them off! You guys need to get that switch," Plumeria said.

"We'll help you out," Cadence said, as she and Shining Armor stay behind, while the others went on ahead through the next Warp Panel. They arrived at a room that had a single door.

"This looks promising," Will said.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Pinkie Pie commented.

"How so?" Rarity asked.

"I feel like something bad is waiting on the other side of those doors," the party planner replied.

"Well, regardless, we need to go in and activate the switch," Twilight said. With that, Will opened the door, leading into a large office like room. Almost immediately, they saw the switch.

"There it is! That was almost too easy," Rainbow Dash asked, as she approached the switch. However, as she did, Lysandre came out from behind a corner.

"That's far enough," he said.

"Lysandre!" Will exclaimed, not too happy to see the man.

"You know him?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah. He's the leader of Team Flare from the Kalos Region. He talks a big game about wanting to help people, but in truth, he and Team Flare wanted to use the power of the Legendary Pokemon to wipe out the world except for Team Flare," Will replied.

"Of course. The world is overpopulated, and humanity is bleeding the natural resources of this planet dry. The only way to save the world is to wipe it clean and start anew," Lysandre replied.

"But after your plans with the Ultimate Weapon were thwarted, I thought you and the rest of Team Flare were arrested," Will commented.

"Ah yes. We all spent months behind bars for our operations, before a certain organization bailed us all out," Lysandre replied.

"So you went on to being Team Rainbow Rocket's lackey?" Will questioned.

"That's right. And I intend to use the resources they provide to realize my visions," Lysandre replied, tossing five Dark Balls, releasing a red Gyarados, a Pyroar, a Meinshao, and a Honchkrow. On top of that, he also released what appeared to be a deer Pokemon in the shape of an X.

"I think we may be in trouble," Josh commented.


Meanwhile, in the Northeast Wing,

The other half of the Mansion Siege Team, consisting of the Bandit Star Pirates, were all breezing through the rooms, leading to the switch room, making short work of the Grunts that got in their way, since hardly any of the Grunts had Dark Balls, "These low level thugs were just a means to stall us. The next room should be the last one," Ruby said, as they passed through a warp panel. Unlike the previous rooms, they had entered a room that had a single, large door.

"This has 'Boss Battle' written all over it," Davis commented.

"Most likely the switch is inside, and someone strong may be guarding it," Nico commented, as they approached the door. Opening the door, they saw it was an office like room.

"Look there!" Mako exclaimed, pointing to a pedestal.

"That must be the Switch!" Chaz commented, as he approached, only for Cyrus to come out from a corner.

"I'm afraid, you cannot press that button," he said.

"And just who are you?!" Byakko exclaimed.

"Hmmph, such rude little children. I am Cyrus, the Leader of Team Galactic of the Sinnoh Region, and if you want to activate that switch, you'll have to get through me," Cyrus said, tossing five Dark Balls, releasing Honchkrow, Crobat, Gyarados, and Houndoom.

"A battle? Against all of us? You must pretty full of yourself if you think you can take us!" Cletus said, as he and his fellow Pirates released their Pokemon.

"You'll find that I am more that you can handle, even if you gang up on me," Cyrus said, as he also released a dragon Pokemon with a pearl in it's shoulder from another Dark Ball.

"That's the Legendary Pokemon, Palkia! How did you get a hold of it?!" Delilah questioned.

"Team Rainbow Rocket was quite generous with the resources they provided me and my troops," Cyrus replied.

"I think we may be in trouble," Nico commented.


In the Underground Labs,

"Toxapex, use Spike Cannon!" Lincoln instructed. Toxapex fired off missile like spikes at some of the Rainbow Rocket Pokemon. Most of them weren't under the influence of the Dark Ball, but the ones that were proved to be a real hassle.

"Alright Houndour, use Flamethrower!" Luna Loud instructed. Her Houndour then blasted some of the corrupted Pokemon with Flamethrower.

"Is there no end to these guys?! Arcanine, use Fire Blast!" Kiawe instructed. His Arcanine then used Fire Blast, sending fire in five different directions, blasting several of the enemy Pokemon.

"Alright, Skarmory, use Swift!" Lori instructed. Her Skarmory then fired Swift, striking more of the enemies.

"We leave these grunts for five minutes to secure the device, and we find you're all being pushed back by a bunch of brats?!" the voice of Cassidy said, as she and Butch came into view. They had in a wagon behind them, a strange looking device.

"That must be the device needed to forcibly open an Ultra Wormhole!" Lisa exclaimed.

"We can't allow them to pass through here!" Lincoln commented.

"Yeah right kid, you and what army?" Butch asked, as he and Cassidy tossed three Dark Balls each, which released six, really incredible looking Pokemon. Butch's Pokemon consisted of three bird Pokemon, one was light blue with long tail feathers, the second was a very spikey, yellow bird Pokemon, and the last one looked like a phoenix. Cassidy's Pokemon were all quadruped Pokemon. One looked to have smoke coming out of it's back, one looked to have a purple cloud and lightning bolt shaped tail, and the third had ribbon like tassels coming from the crystal crest on it's head.

"No way! Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno!" Mallow exclaimed.

"As well as Entei, Raikou, and Suicune! How did Team Rainbow Rocket get their hands on two sets of Legendary Pokemon?!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"Don't underestimate our resources kid. The boss put in a considerable amount of time and money to have these beasts captured for our cause," Cassidy commented.

"If they're legendary, then that would mean...," Hau trailed off.

"Yeah. We may be in trouble," Lincoln commented.


Back at the Team Magma/Aqua base,

"You both are fighting fit, and should be able to lend aid to the others who went to the Aether Paradise to liberate it from Team Rainbow Rocket," Colress said, as he turned to see Toby and Busujima, now up and about.

"Much as I hate owing others a favor and the though of teaming up Toby of all people, I'll lend whatever help I can," Busujima commented bitterly.

"But how will we get there?" Toby asked. Just then, something massive landed outside the base.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Aggron (M), Crawdaunt (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Garchomp (F), Mimikyu (M)

Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Absol (F), Steelix (M), Toucannon (F), Gengar* (M) Smeargle (M)

Toby: Tsareena* (F), Incineroar (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Metagross* (N/A), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Noivern (M)

Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)

Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),

Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)

Lori: Skarmory (F)

Leni: Milotic (F)

Luna: Houndour (F)

Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)

Lynn: Gyarados (M)

Lucy: Sandile (F)

Lana: Minccinno (F)

Lola: Frillish (F)

Lisa: Elgyem (M)

In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M), Barbaracle (M), Arcanine (M), Magmortar (F)), Decidueye (M)

Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Camerupt (F), Torterra (M), Alolan Golem (M), Probopass (M), Hawlucha (M), Crabominable (M)

Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M), Goodra (F), Espeon (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Meltan (N/A), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Mawile (F), Heracross (M), Scizor (M), Gardevoir* (F), Alakazam (m), Luxray (M), Charizard (M), Empoleon (M)Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Delphox (F), Ninetails (F)

Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)

Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next