• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 83: Finally, the Finals! Toby VS Busujima (Part 1)

It was finally here. The finals that would determine who would be the first Alola Region Champion. Due to security measures, only a small crowd of about 100 or so people were allowed to be in the stands. Among these people, obviously, were Toby's friends and family from Equestria. Alola, and Royal Woods, as well as the Trial Captains, the Bandit Star Pirates, Lillie, Gladion, and Hau. Many other spectators were also occupying the stands. In the balcony seats were the other Regional Champions, "The match is supposed to be starting soon," Will commented, eyeing the jumbotron. Oddly enough, it was untouched after Team Rainbow Rocket's attack.

"Hopefully nothing else happens to set this battle back any more," Nico commented.

"What do you think they're thinking in their waiting rooms?" Lola asked.

"Who knows? All I can say is that this is going to be epic," Lincoln replied.


In Toby's Waiting room,

The glasses wearing boy was sitting on the bench, going over his strategy in his head, "Busujima mostly uses Poison and Dark Types, so I'll have Metagross, Gardevoir, and Raichu handle them. The biggest threat, however, is his Salamence. It's probably his strongest Pokemon. Not only because of it's destructive power, but it also has the ability to move around in the air, and it can Mega Evolve. Gardevoir can probably get in a few hits, but I shouldn't rely too much on her. Lycanroc can also be a powerful ally. And of course, Tsareena and Incineroar will want in on this match. Ok, I think I got my strategy down," Toby said, as he exited the room.


Busujima's Waiting Room,

Much like his opponent, Busujima was contemplating a suitable strategy for the match. He has a solid understanding of what Pokemon Toby has, and what types he likes to use, "More than likely, he'll use his Metagross. He forgets about Salazzle's Corrosion Ability. I've got all kinds of powerhouses on my side," Busujima said, as he exited the waiting room.


In the Main Arena,

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for is upon us! As the two remaining trainers enter the arena, the question that is in everyone's minds now is 'who will claim the crown of Alola's First Champion'? Will it be Toby from Mahogany Town? Or will Busujima of Hau'oli City continue his winning streak? We're about to find out!" the announcer said, as both trainers entered the arena, as the battlefield switched to a water battlefield. Both trainers took their place, as Kukui took up the referee role.

"Alright, the final match of the Alola Pokemon League will now commence! Both trainers will use six Pokemon, and the battle will be decided when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to continue! Substitutions may be made at any time during the battle! When three of either trainer's Pokemon cannot battle anymore, we will have a fifteen intermission for a field change! Now then, trainers, choose your first Pokemon!" Kukui said.

"Gorebyss, you're up!" Busujima exclaimed, sending out Gorebyss.

"Raichu, I need you!" Toby said, sending out Raichu.

"Alright, BATTLE BEGIN!" Kukui declared.

"Gorebyss, return!" Busujima then quickly recalled Gorebyss, "Krookodile, go!" he said, sending out a large, red crocodile Pokemon that looked similar to Krokorok.

"Whose that Pokemon?" Luna Loud asked. Serenity pulled out her Rotom Phone.

"Krokodile, the Intimidation Pokemon, a Dark and Ground Type. This Pokémon is known as the Bully of the Sands. Krookodile's mighty jaws can bite through heavy plates of iron with almost no effort at all. While terribly aggressive, Krookodile also has the patience to stay hidden under sand for days, lying in wait for prey," her phone said.

"Krokodile is not a good match up for Raichu. None of it's Psychic or Electric Attacks will work on it," Will commented.

"Krookodile, huh? Raichu return!" Toby said, recalling Raichu, before clutching his next Pokeball, "Tsareena, go!" Toby said, sending out Tsareena.

"You're still holding onto that weak Pokemon? Wake up and smell reality, Toby! The weak are always going to be weak, even if they have an advantage over others! Krookodile, use Aerial Ace!" in the blink of an eye, Krookodile then closed in on Tsareena, and struck the Fruit Pokemon, who remained standing, despite receiving major damage.

"Tsareena, use Magical Leaf!" Toby instructed. Tsareena then fired off Magical leaf, which struck Krookodile, dealing massive damage, but the Intimidation Pokemon was still standing, "Ok, now Dazzling Gleam!" Tsareena then fired off Dazzling Gleam, that struck Krookodile, but was still standing.

"You need to do a lot more than that to take down any of my Pokemon! Krookodile, use Fire Fang!" Busujima ordered. Krookodile's mouth then caught fire, as it charged into Tsareena.

"Dodge it, then use Trop Kick!" Toby instructed. Tsareena then gracefully dodged the attack, and struck Krookodile with Trop Kick, finishing it off.

"Krookodile is unable to battle, the winner is Tsareena!" Kukui declared, as Busujima recalled Krookodile.

"A fluke victory was all it was. Now for you to deal with something with a bit more of a kick!" Busujima said, sending out his Salazzle.

"None of Tsareena's Grass Type moves aren't very effective on Salazzle, since it's a Poison and Fire Type," Will commented.

"Tsareena, do you want to take a break?" Toby offered. Tsareena nodded, as Toby recalled his Pokemon, before getting out his next one, "Alright, Lycanroc, go!" Toby said, sending out his Lycanroc.

"Alright Salazzle, use Sludge Bomb!" Busujima ordered. Salazzle then fired off Sludge Bomb. Lycanroc instinctively tried to dodged the attack, but got hit by one of the Sludge Bombs, and was Poisoned as a result, "Great, now use Venoshock!" Salazzle then fired off Venoshock, which dealt more damage to Lycanroc since it was poisoned.

"Lycanroc, hang strong, and use Stone Edge!" Toby instructed. Lycanroc howled, as it used Stone Edge, which struck Salazzle, "Alright, now keep it up with Outrage!" Lycanroc then went berserk, and charged in at Salazzle.

"Use Venoshock again!" Salazzle then fired off Venoshock, which stopped the Outrage, and knocked out Lycanroc.

"Lycanroc is unable to battle, the winner is Salazzle!" Kukui said, as Toby recalled Lycanroc.

"They're both down a Pokemon," Lola commented.

"But the match is still young. There's no telling how the tide will turn in this battle," Lucy replied.

"Alright, Raichu, go!" Toby said, sending out Raichu.

"Hmm, that chubby little rat doesn't have a chance against a REAL Pokemon like Salazzle!" Busujima said, as Salazzle hissed.

"Raichu, use Thunderbolt!" Toby instructed. Raichu then fired off Thunderbolt, which struck Salazzle, and paralyzed it, "Great, now use Psychic!" Raichu then fired off Psychic, causing additional damage to Salazzle.

"Salazzle, get it together, and use Dragon Pulse!" Busujima ordered. Salazzle then attempted to fire off Dragon Pulse, only for the Paralysis to stop it from doing so, "Tsk, paralysis sucks!" Busujima snarled.

"Now Raichu, use Thunderbolt again!" Raichu then fired off Thunderbolt, which was enough to take out Salazzle.

"Salazzle is unable to battle, the winner is Raichu!" Kukui declared, as Busujima recalled Salazzle. But oddly enough, he didn't look too worried.

"I don't like that look on his face," Luan commented.

"Alright, Gengar, go!" Busujima said, sending out a Gengar, "Mean Look!" Gengar then fired off Mean Look, causing Raichu to be trapped in the battle.

"Now Toby has to stick with Raichu until either it or Gengar is defeated," Will commented.

"Raichu, use Electroweb!" Toby instructed. Raichu then fired a ball of electricity at Gengar, which then burst into a net.

"Gengar, use Shadow Sneak," Busujima ordered. Gengar then sank into the battlefield, and moved behind Raichu as a shadow, striking the Mouse Pokemon, "Now Shadow Ball!" with one Shadow Ball from Gengar, Raichu was taken out.

"Raichu is unable to battle, the winner is Gengar!" Kukui declared, as Toby recalled Raichu.

"Ok, Gengar is a Ghost and Poison Type, which means, it this one's turn. Go Incineroar!" Toby said, sending out Incineroar.

"Going for the type advantage won't help you! Gengar, use Mean Look!" Gengar then fired off Mean Look, trapping Incineroar, "Now Confuse Ray!" Gengar then fired off Confuse Ray.

"Quick, dodge it!" Toby instructed. Incineroar quickly dodged, and closed in on Gengar, "Now, use Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar then unleashed Darkest Lariat upon Gengar, knocking it out.

"Gengar is unable to battle, the winner is Incineroar! Three of Busujima's Pokemon are unable to battle, so we'll have an intermission for a field change!" Kukui declared, as both trainers recalled their Pokemon, and the battlefield sank into the ground.

"So far, it's been a back and forth battle between these two," Twilight commented.

"Toby still has four of his Pokemon left, as does Busujima, and we already know one of them," Rarity commented.

"We'll just have to wait and see what the second half brings us," Will commented.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Aggron (M), Crawdaunt (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Garchomp (F), Mimikyu (M)

Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Absol (F), Steelix (M), Toucannon (F), Gengar* (M) Smeargle (M)

Toby: Tsareena* (F), Incineroar (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Metagross* (N/A), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Gardevoir*(F)

Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)

Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),

Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)

Lori: Skarmory (F)

Leni: Milotic (F)

Luna: Houndoom (F)

Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)

Lynn: Gyarados (M)

Lucy: Krokorok (F)

Lana: Minccinno (F)

Lola: Jellicent (F)

Lisa: Beheeyem (M)

In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M), Barbaracle (M), Arcanine (M), Magmortar (F)), Decidueye (M)

Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Camerupt (F), Torterra (M), Alolan Golem (M), Probopass (M), Hawlucha (M), Crabominable (M)

Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M), Goodra (F), Espeon (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Meltan (N/A), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Mawile (F), Heracross (M), Scizor (M), Alakazam (m), Luxray (M), Charizard (M), Empoleon (M)Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Delphox (F), Ninetails (F), Noivern (M)

Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)

Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next