• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 82: A Break Before the Finals

Melemele Island,

After the events of Team Rainbow Rocket's attempt at worldwide conquest, the Alola Pokemon League announced that it would be about a week or so before the finals would take place. Most of the week, in our hero's case, was spent dealing with a week of daily interrogations, "Thank you Will. That'll probably be the last bit we need from you," Looker said, as Will was released from the interrogation room.

"Man, I'm sore all over from sitting on that chair," Will said, as he left the police station. Outside, he saw people and Pokemon alike working together to repair the damages caused by Team Rainbow Rocket. Among them was his friends from both Equestria and Royal Woods, who, alongside the Pokemon, were all helping to clear away debris and help with construction.

"Ok, we finished patching up the roof!" Ross called to his brother and two sisters, as he, Lori, Leni, and Luna were fixing up a hole in the roof of one of the buildings.

"Ok Gallade, use Psychic, and put those bricks in place," Silver Spoon instructed. Her Gallade then used Psychic on some bricks, and fed them through some rebar, as Lynn Jr. and Lana were helping to pour in concrete.

"Ok, that should just about do it," Lynn Jr. commented, wiping some sweat from her brow.

"That just about takes care of all the big jobs around this district. The others have already, more or less, finished repairing the other places," Lincoln said, as was loading a truck full of damaged trees alongside his friends.

"Anyone seen where Toby is?" Will asked, not seeing Toby anywhere.

"I think I saw him helping out down by the pier," Girl Jordan commented.

"Well, I'd say we're all done," Randy commented, impressed at how quickly they managed to fix up the city.

"With that all out of the way, maybe we can get back to the Pokemon League?" Rusty asked.

"True. Toby and Busujima are going to facing off. So, who has the advantage between them?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"Busujima mostly specializes in Poison and Dark Types, but he also catches extremely rare Pokemon as well, and he has that Salamence," Lisa explained.

"So Toby would have to go with Psychic, Fairy, Steel, Bug, Fighting, Dragon, Ice or Ground Types," Will commented.

"Well, we know he has Metagross, Raichu, and Gardevoir, so that covers Psychic, Fairy and Steel Types," Lola commented.

"And he does have that Heracross," Lucy added.

"Goodra and Snowball can also be helpful," Silver Spoon chimed in.

"But we can't forget that Busujima also has Pokemon other than Poison and Dark Types. Remember that Gorebyss he used on the Carrier?" Lincoln asked.

"Well, Raichu IS an Electric Type, so that can help him out there," Luan replied.

"True, but it'll all depend on the Pokemon Toby chooses to battle with," Will commented.


Toby was looking out at the sea, contemplating his upcoming battle against Busujima for the Alola Champion Title, "These two definitely are a must for my team," he said, holding a particular pair of Pokeballs, a Friend Ball and a Luxury Ball, "These two deserve to show Busujima how much they've grown since we started out," Toby said. He was carefully thinking out a plan for the finals, but his mind was also going back to when he was under the control of the Esentia Suit, namely the vision he had of the look alike of himself that helped him to break free, 'Just who was that guy? Could he be related to the legend of Trotlantis?' he thought. He put away the two Pokeballs, before heading back to the city, "Maybe Aunt Twilight or Uncle Discord can help shed light on the matter," he said to himself.


In the Poni Wilds,

Busujima was training hard with his Pokemon, not wanting to loose to Toby in the finals, "I repaid my debt to those dorks, now I'm gunning for the Champion Crown," Busujima said, as his Salamence used Dragon Rush on Salazzle and Gorebyss, both of whom countered with Venoshock and Ice Beam. The three attacks collided, causing a large explosion, "Ok, that's the way you need to battle!" Busujima stated, as they continued to train. Nearby, the other Pirates watched him train tirelessly.

"He really looks like he's serious about the Finals," Mako commented.

"Since the Finals were postponed, he's been itching to get the title," Nico commented.

"Well, I honestly can't blame him. The Finals were something we all wanted a part of," Cletus commented.

"Speaking of which, is there any news about when they're finally going to hold the Finals?" Byakko asked.

"From what I hear, the Aether Foundation and several of Alola's Construction Companies are attempting to repair the damages done to the stadium. With any luck, it should get done by the end of the week," Chaz replied.

"I'm just eager to see who wins this whole thing!" Suzy commented.


Later that night, in the Melemele Hotel Plaza,

Our heroes were sitting down for dinner, after finishing up a hard days work of helping clean up and help fix the city. They heard from Kukui that an announcement would be made regarding the finals, and when and where it would take place, "Any moment now, we'll find out if the finals are going to be held at the stadium, or somewhere else," Will commented.

"There is the Battle Royale Dome if the stadium isn't ready to go," Silver Spoon commented.

"I just wonder what'll happen after the battle," Toby commented.

"Oh that's easy. You'll most likely be recorded into the Hall of Fame," Will replied.

"What's the Hall of Fame?" Lincoln asked.

"It's a special place where winners of Pokemon League Tournaments are remembered for all time. Their Pokemon are the first ones who'll be recorded, before the Trainer's information," Will explained.

"You sound like you know a lot about this Hall of Fame stuff," Fluttershy commented.

"Well, I did go through six other regions, and won each of them at least once. Though I rarely ever won any of them on my first try," Will replied. Just then, the TVs changed to a news channel.

"We interrupt this program for a special report. The Stadium built by the Aether Foundation has been rebuilt, and will be the site of the Alola Pokemon League's Final Match between Toby Mason and Busujima. Who'll win this battle? That's something that I'm definitely looking forward to. The match will take place the day after tomorrow. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program," the news reporter

"Well, that's didn't take very long," Rarity commented.

"Well, at least now we can finally settle this once and for all," Toby commented.

"Indeed. Do you have a strategy ready?" Silver Spoon asked.

"I have a good plan in store," Toby replied, as they continued dinner.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Aggron (M), Crawdaunt (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Garchomp (F), Mimikyu (M)

Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Absol (F), Steelix (M), Toucannon (F), Gengar* (M) Smeargle (M)

Toby: Tsareena* (F), Incineroar (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Metagross* (N/A), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Noivern (M)

Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)

Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),

Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)

Lori: Skarmory (F)

Leni: Milotic (F)

Luna: Houndoom (F)

Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)

Lynn: Gyarados (M)

Lucy: Krokorok (F)

Lana: Minccinno (F)

Lola: Jellicent (F)

Lisa: Beheeyem (M)

In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M), Barbaracle (M), Arcanine (M), Magmortar (F)), Decidueye (M)

Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Camerupt (F), Torterra (M), Alolan Golem (M), Probopass (M), Hawlucha (M), Crabominable (M)

Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M), Goodra (F), Espeon (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Meltan (N/A), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Mawile (F), Heracross (M), Scizor (M), Gardevoir* (F), Alakazam (m), Luxray (M), Charizard (M), Empoleon (M)Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Delphox (F), Ninetails (F)

Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)

Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next