• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 55: Poni Island Grand Trial

As our heroes got their tired Pokémon healed up, they were going over their strategy for taking on Hapu, "Alright, for this Grand Trial, we know that Hapu favors Ground Type Pokémon. If that's the case, then we'll need to bring out Water, Flying, Ice, or Grass Type Pokémon. At the same time, we need to keep all of our Electric, Fire, Steel, Poison, and Rock Types out of this match as much as possible," Will commented.

"If that's case, then I'll swap Drapion, Mawile, and my Fire Pokémon out for Tsareena and some other Pokémon," Toby commented.

"I have Primarina. I can also bring out Toucannon, and some of my other Water and Grass Type Pokémon," Fluttershy commented.

"I have Azumarill and Glaceon. I can swap Magnezone and Lycanroc out for some of my Water or Grass Types too," Silver Spoon added.

"As for me, I have Decidueye. I can also get some Water and Grass Types too," Will added, as the chime went off. Meanwhile the Louds and Lincoln's friends were watching from the sidelines.

"They sound like they have a plan of sorts," Liam commented.

"They always have these pre battle huddle ups to discuss their strategies," Lincoln replied.

"So, what kind of Pokémon are they going in with?" Rusty asked.

"Well, since their opponent is going to use Ground Types, they're probably going to be using Water or Grass types, since they have an advantage over Ground types," Lincoln replied, as he saw them exchange their Pokeballs. Once they were done, they went back over to the group.

"Alright guys, we have our teams for the Grand Trial against Hapu," Will said.

"So, what kind of Pokémon did you select?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"Well, here's one of mine," Toby said, as he released Tsareena.

"Oh, wow! This one has such gorgeous hair, I'm jealous!" Girl Jordan commented, eyeing Tsareena's sepals.

"Tsareena is one of my strongest Grass Types. I can even begin to count how many jams Tsareena got me out of," Toby replied. Tsareena blushed at being praised by her Trainer.

"It's got a pretty strong attack called Trop Kick," Lynn commented, only to get stomped by Tsareena, who glared at the athlete.

"Yeah, Tsareena doesn't like Lynn too much," Toby commented, as he recalled his Pokémon.

"Smart Pokémon," Ronnie Anne commented quietly, as Lynn got back up.

"Well, in any case, we should get to Exeggutor Island. That's were we're going to battle Hapu," Will said, as the group exited the Pokémon Center.

"Hold on. I just thought of something...… Wasn't the boat that took you four to Exeggutor Island rather small?" Lisa asked.

"Well, about that..... when we were waiting for them to come back from gathering those Petals, I asked some people around the village. Apparently, if we ask the village chief, we can all head to the island in a boat, large enough for all of us," Lincoln replied.

"Wow...… smart thinking," Will commented, as they reached the front docks, where the Village Chief was waiting. In the bay, they saw a larger boat than the Magikarp shaped one he took Will and the others on before.

"If you're all looking for Hapu, she's already on Exeggutor Island, awaiting your arrival. Are you ready to head over there?" he asked.

"We are," Will replied.

"Alright, then all aboard!" the Chief said, as they all boarded the boat. There was, thankfully, plenty of room for them. The Chief went to the control booth, and the boat took off.


A few minutes later,

One by one, each passenger disembarked from the boat, as it docked at Exeggutor Island, "Alright, we're here," Will said, as they made their way up the hill, to the plateau where all the Exeggutor were all walking around, taking in plenty of sunshine.

"They're..... so tall!" Zach commented, as they made their way over to the hill, where the Sun Flute was found. A new path had opened up, that was not there before.

"This way," Will said, as he led the group up the hill. Once they got to the top of the hill, they saw Hapu, standing in front of the alter.

"So.... you've come," she said, as the group took their places around the upper plateau, with Serenity, the Louds, and Lincoln's friends all standing off to the side, while Will, Fluttershy, Toby, and Silver Spoon stood before the Kahuna of Poni Island, "Alright, so let's get down to the nitty gritty. Here's how my Grand Trial is going to work. Each of you will battle me with three of your Pokémon, while I will only use one Pokémon against each of you. The battle will be over when either the Pokémon you'll be facing is knocked out, or if I can knock out all three of yours. Those of you who manage to defeat me in battle will pass the Grand Trial," Hapu explained.

"But if they use three Pokémon each, doesn't that give them an unfair advantage?" Leni asked.

"No. It's what's known as a handicap. Hapu must have really strong Pokémon if she's giving them this much of an advantage over her," Lincoln explained.

"Alrighty then, here are all of my Pokémon!" Hapu said, as she released Mudsdale, along with a blue, slug like Pokémon with three eyes, a large, dragonfly like Pokemon, and a living sandcastle.

"So, she's going to be using her Mudsdale, along with a Gastrodon, a Flygon, and..... whoever that Pokémon is," Will commented, eyeing the sandcastle.

"Palossand, the Sand Castle Pokémon, a Ground and Ghost Type. It requires a large amount of sand in order to evolve from a Sandygast. So, it takes control of people to gather sand for it," Rotom explained.

"Alright, who will go first?" Hapu asked.

"I should probably go against Mudsdale, so I'll pass," Will said to the other three.

"In that case, why don't I go? Grovyle should be fast enough to evade Gastrodon's attacks, if she starts off with it," Toby suggested.

"Fine with me," Fluttershy replied.

"Go get them, Sweetie Pie," Silver Spoon said, as Toby stepped up.

"Alright then, Flygon, let's do this!" Hapu said, as Flygon flew into the battlefield.

"Tsk, Flygon is probably going to be the trickiest one. Grass Type attacks aren't going to affect it very much, with it being a Dragon Type," Will commented.

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see," Lola replied.

"Alright, Snowball, let's go!" Toby said, releasing a Ninetails, but it was snow white.

"Oh, now that's pretty!" Girl Jordan commented.

"Ninetails, Alola Form, the Fox Pokémon, an Ice and Fairy Type. In ancient times, it was often mistaken for a mountain spirit, before being discovered to be the Alolan form of Ninetails," Rotom explained.

"Toby must've evolved Snowball on the way over," Will commented.

"Alright, the first move is yours, Toby," Hapu said.

"Alright then. Snowball, use Ice Beam!" Toby instructed. Snowball then fired a beam of icy energy at Flygon.

"Use Sandstorm," Hapu said, as Flygon whipped up a tornado of sand, which blocked Ice Beam, "Now, use Fire Blast!" Hapu added. Flygon then unleashed a fire attack that took the shape of the Symbol of Fire, as it rocketed at Snowball.

"Quick, use Protect!" Toby exclaimed. A green barrier then appeared all around Snowball, shielding it from Fire Blast, "Alright, now use Dazzling Gleam!" Snowball then fired off a brilliant light, which seemed to hit Flygon.

"Hang in there Flygon! Use Steel Wing!" Flygon got it's bearings, and then swooped down on Snowball, striking it with metallic wings, which knocked it out.

"Snowball, are you ok?" Toby asked, going to his Pokémon's aid. Snowball licked his cheek, "You were great Snowball. Take a nice long rest," Toby said, recalling Snowball.

"Toby's now down one Pokémon, but Snowball was able to get in a good hit with Dazzling Gleam," Will commented.

"Is that good?" Rusty asked.

"Yes. Dazzling Gleam is a Fairy Type, which, against a Dragon Type, is super effective," Will explained.

"Alright, let's see if I can get in some more wide ranged hits with this one. Go, Tsareena!" Toby said, releasing Tsareena.

"Does Tsareena know any moves that are good against Ground or Dragon Types?" Lisa asked.

"Yes. Toby taught Tsareena how to use Dazzling Gleam, which is super effective against Dragon Types. Tsareena also has a move called 'Magical Leaf', which never misses. Toby's going to have to think hard about how to use Tsareena's moves to his advantage," Will explained.

"Tsareena, let's start things off with Magical Leaf!" Toby instructed. Tsareena then fired the rainbow glowing leaves at Flygon.

"Since you can't dodge Magical Leaf, you'll just have to tank it, Flygon!" Hapu said. And so, Flygon did. It took the onslaught of Magical Leaves, "Alright, now, use Steel Wing!" Hapu instructed. Flygon then used Steel Wing, which got in a good hit on Tsareena. Tsareena was sent skidding back, but remained standing.

"Nice resolve Tsareena. Now, let's use Dazzling Gleam!" Toby instructed. Like Snowball, Tsareena the shot of a dazzling array of lights, which was able to strike Flygon, who still remained able to battle.

"Flygon, use Dragon Tail!" Flygon then slammed it's cyan glowing tail against Tsareena, which sent it back to it's Pokeball, while also drawing out a medium sized, green gecko Pokémon, with three leaves on it's wrists, and one long leaf on it's head.

"Grovyle might be able to help Toby gain an edge," Will commented.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"Well, Grovyle are very fast Pokémon, and they also boast considerable attack power. Toby can use those two factors to his advantage to get in at least a few hits on Flygon," Will explained.

"Plus, ever sense he caught it, he's had it along with several other Pokémon training at the Poke Pelago," Silver Spoon added.

"Alright Grovyle, use Quick Attack to get in close!" Toby instructed. Grovyle shot off like a rocket, with blinding speeds.

"Whoa, that's fast!" Luna commented, as Grovyle slammed into Flygon.

"Alright, now use Leaf Blade!" Toby instructed. The leaves on Grovyle's wrists merged into one long glowing green blade, as it slashed at Flygon.

"Flygon, blow away Grovyle with Fire Blast!" Hapu instructed. Flygon began to charge it's attack.

"Quick, get out of the way!" Toby called out. Grovyle dodged the Fire Attack, leaving Flygon to get back up. It was getting tired, "Now, use Bullet Seed!" Grovyle then fired a barrage of seeds from its mouth, which Flygon tried to tank, but to no avail as it fell unconscious.

"And with that, Toby wins his round!" Lola commented, as Hapu recalled Flygon.

"Nice work, old friend," Hapu said. It was then that Grovyle began to evolve. It's tail leaves turned into a massive tree like tail, and the leaf on it's head disappeared. Also, it's three leaves then relocated to two different parts of it's wrists, and six yellow spheres emerged onto it's back. Grovyle had evolved into a Sceptile.

"Toby's Grovyle just evolved into a Sceptile," Will commented.

"Sceptile, the Forest Pokémon, a Grass Type. It cares for trees by planting the seeds on it's back nearby to enrich the soil," Rotom explained, as Toby released the two other Pokémon that aided him in battle.

"Thanks so much, all of you!" Toby praised his Pokémon. Tsareena hugged him, while Snowball nuzzled him. Sceptile nodded.

"You've definitely done a great job training those Pokémon of yours, Toby. Now, whose next?" Hapu asked.

"Would you both mind if I went next?" Fluttershy asked Will and Silver Spoon.

"Not at all. Go for it," Will replied.

"I'm alright with it," Silver Spoon added.

"Ok then," Fluttershy said, as she stepped up.

"Alright, for my next Pokémon, I'll go with...… Pallosand!" Hapu exclaimed, as the Sand Castle Pokémon slithered forward.

"Ok, it's a Ground and Ghost Type, but I can probably wipe it out with Primarina first. Alright, go!" Fluttershy said, releasing Primarina.

"Like with Toby, you can have the first move," Hapu said.

"Thank you. Alright, Primarina, use Icy Wind!" Fluttershy instructed. Primarina then blew ice cold wind at Pallosand, who seemed to take a bit of damage from the attack.

"Palossand, quick, use Shadow Ball!" Hapu instructed. Pallosand then fired Shadow Ball at Primarina, striking the Soloist Pokémon.

"Are you ok Primarina?" Fluttershy asked. Primarina nodded, "Ok, then use Bubblebeam!" she instructed.

"Bad move," Hapu muttered confidently, as Primarina fired Bubblebeam at Pallosand. The attack did appear to do some damage, but it also looked like the area Bubblebeam got hit was reinforced.

"What was that?" Will wondered.

"Palossand's Ability: Water Compaction. When hit with a Water Type Move, Palossand's Defense Power will increase," Rotom explained.

"I see. So for it to be weak to Water Type moves, and have an ability that raises defensive power makes Palossand truly formidable," Will commented.

"If that's the case, Primarina can't use it's Water Type Moves. Primarina, do you want to switch out?" Fluttershy offered. Primarina nodded, seeming a little shaken by Palossand's Ability. Fluttershy recalled her Pokémon, and readied her next Pokeball, "Alright, go Grotle!" she said, sending out a large, turtle like Pokémon, with a yellow shell with two shrubs growing on it's back.

"Grotle, the Grove Pokémon, a Grass Type. Because it is good at finding clear water, small Pokémon often hitch a ride when they are thirsty," Rotom explained.

"Switching things up by using a Grass Type instead? Smart move," Hapu murmured.

"Alright, Grotle, use Razor Leaf!" Fluttershy instructed. Grotle then launched the leaves at Palossand, who seemed to tank the attack, thanks to it's ability.

"Palossand, use Sand Tomb!" Hapu instructed. Palossand then summoned a pit of quick sand that trapped Grotle in place.

"Sand Tomb is a move that not only deals damage, but it also keeps a Pokémon from switching out. But since it's a Ground Type Move, it won't do much to Grotle," Will commented.

"Now, use Earth Power!" Palossand then began to open up the earth, which seemed to deal damage to Grotle.

"Grotle, try to break free!" Fluttershy exclaimed. Grotle tried to muster up it's strength to break out, when it began to evolve. It became even larger, with three large rocks on one side of it's shell, and a large tree on the other.

"That's a Torterra!" Will exclaimed.

"It's huge!" Lincoln commented.

"Torterra, the Continent Pokémon, a Grass and Ground Type. There's enough room on Torterra's back for several small Pokémon to make their nests," Rotom explained.

"Alright Torterra, try a Leaf Storm!" Fluttershy instructed. Torterra summoned a flurry of leaves, which then struck Palossand, who continued to tank the attack.

"Palossand, use Sludge Bomb!" Hapu instructed. Palossand fired Sludge Bomb at Torterra. This was able to break it free of Sand Tomb, but it also ended up not only causing damage to the Continent Pokémon, but it also poisoned it, "Now, use Shadow Ball!" Palossand fired Shadow Ball at Torterra, which was able to knock it out.

"Thanks Torterra, you did great," Fluttershy said, as she recalled her Pokémon, and readied her next Pokeball, "Go, Bayleef!" she said, releasing a medium sized, quadruped Pokémon with a ring of plant pods around it's next and a large leaf on it's head, "Bayleef, use Vine Whip!" she instructed. Bayleef then swung two vines from behind the pods on it's neck, and whipped Palossand.

"Palossand, use Sludge Bomb!" Palossand once again fired Sludge Bomb at Bayleef, who instinctively dodged the Poison Attack.

"Nice dodge! Now use Razor Leaf!" swinging it's head, Bayleef launched several leaves at Palossand, which were able to knock out the Sand Castle Pokémon. Like with what happened to Torterra, Bayleef began to evolve. The leaf on it's head receded back into it's head, and was replaced with two long antennae. The pods around it's neck opened into a beautiful flower that decorated it's neck.

"Bayleef is now a Meganium!" Will commented.

"Meganium, the Herb Pokémon, a Grass Type. The fragrance of Meganium's flower soothes and calms emotions. In battle, this Pokémon gives off more of its becalming scent to blunt the foe's fighting spirit. It's breath also has the power to revive dead plants," Rotom explained.

"Well, that was some good battling on your part, Flora," Hapu said, recalling Palossand.

"Thank you, Hapu," Fluttershy replied, bowing respectfully, and recalling Meganium.

"Alright, two challengers down, two to go. Who's next?" Hapu asked, as Gastrodon slithered forward.

"Could I maybe take this one, Will?" Silver Spoon asked.

"By all means," Will replied, as the young teen girl stepped up to the plate.

"Alright, as you can see, my next Pokémon is going to be Gastrodon," Hapu stated.

"Rotom, could I get some info on Gastrodon?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Affirmative! Gastrodon, East Sea Form, the Sea Slug Pokémon, a Water and Ground Type. Color variations between Gastrodon from different habitats have intrigued scientists for some time. Research is underway to find out what happens when a blue East Sea Gastrodon is moved to western seas," Rotom explained.

"Not quite what I had in mind, but at least I know it's also a Water Type. In that case, Servine, let's go!" Silver Spoon said, as she released a green, snake like Pokémon with arms and legs.

"Like the last two, you can have the first move," Hapu said.

"Thanks. Ok, Servine, use Leaf Blade!" with it's tail glowing green, Servine charged at Gastrodon, and slammed it's tail against the Sea Slug Pokémon, which caused major damage.

"Gastrodon, use Muddy Water!" Hapu instructed. Gastrodon then summoned a wave of muddy water, which struck Servine, but it didn't do too much.

"Water Type moves aren't very effective against Grass Types," Will commented.

"Alright, in that case, Gastrodon, use Ice Beam!" Hapu instructed. Gastrodon then fired the icy beam at Servine, which, when made contact, not only did a lot of damage, but partially froze Servine.

"Not good! Servine, do you want to tag out?" Silver Spoon asked. Servine shook it's head, as it began to evolve. It now became a larger, regal looking snake Pokémon, and broke out of the ice.

"Servine just evolved into a Serperior!" Will commented.

"Serperior, the Regal Pokémon, a Grass Type. It can stop it's opponent's movements with just a glare. It takes in sunlight for nourishment," Rotom explained.

"Man, Pokémon are evolving left and right today!" Hapu commented.

"Well, let's see how much stronger your Leaf Blade is, Serperior!" Silver Spoon exclaimed. Serperior once again, lunged at Gastrodon, striking the Sea Slug Pokémon.

"Use Ice Beam at close range!" Gastrodon then fired an Ice Beam, while Serperior was in close to it. The Ice attack was too much for Serperior to take, and was knocked out. Silver Spoon quickly recalled the Regal Pokémon.

"You did great out there," she said, readying her next Pokeball, "Alright, Haunter, lets go!" she said, releasing Haunter.

"Ah, that might work! Haunter's ability is Levitate, which nullifies all Ground Type Attacks," Will commented.

"Haunter, use Hypnosis!" Silver Spoon instructed. Haunter then shot two rings at Gastrodon, which put it to sleep, "Now, let's use Dream Eater!" red energy then began flowing off of Gastrodon, and into Haunter.

"What's Dream Eater?" Lisa asked.

"It's a move that only works if a Pokémon is asleep. It allows the user to regain energy by eating the sleeping Pokémon's dreams," Will explained.

"Gastrodon, use Sleep Talk!" Gastrodon then fired off Ice Beam, which stopped Dream Eater when it struck Haunter.

"Ok, so what was that?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"Sleep Talk. A move that can only be used when the user is asleep. It allows the user to randomly use one of it's moves, in this case, Ice Beam," Will explained.

"Alright, then let's try this. Haunter, use Dark Pulse!" Haunter then fired Dark Pulse at the sleeping Gastrodon, striking the Sea Slug Pokémon.

"Once more, use Sleep Talk!" Hapu instructed. Gastrodon then fired a ball of water at Haunter, which made it's eyes glow red, and started hitting it's head against the ground.

"This time it was Water Pulse, and now Haunter is confused!" Will exclaimed.

"Now, use Sleep Talk, again!" Gastrodon then used Muddy Water, which was able to knock out Haunter. After the attack, Gastrodon woke up.

"Oh, thanks Haunter. You were great," Silver Spoon said, recalling Haunter. She readied her third and final Pokeball, "Go, Blastoise!" she said, sending out Blastoise.

"Blastoise has resistance against Water and Ice attacks, but we'll have to wait and see," Will commented.

"Blastoise, use Dragon Pulse!" from it's two cannons, Blastoise fired off Dragon Pulse at Gastrodon, which did a lot of damage to the Sea Slug Pokémon.

"Gastrodon, use Water Pulse!" Hapu instructed. Gastrodon once again used Water Pulse, firing it at Blastoise.

"Quick, use Protect!" a green barrier formed around Blastoise, as Water Pulse bounced right off, "Alright, now, use Hydro Pump!" Silver Spoon proclaimed. Blastoise then fired the high powered Water attack, which was able to finish off Gastrodon.

"Now three of us have passed!" Toby commented, as Silver Spoon praised her Blastoise, and her other Pokémon.

"You all did fantastic out there!" she said, as Hapu recalled Gastrodon.

"Who would've thought I would be down to my last Pokémon already? You ready to go Mudsdale?" Hapu asked. Mudsdale bellowed, as it stepped forward.

"Alright, now it's my turn," Will said, as he stepped up.

"Good luck out there," Fluttershy commented.

"Thanks," Will said, as he readied his first Pokeball, "Alright, I'll start things off with Corphish!" he said, releasing a small, orang crab like Pokémon with two big pincers.

"Will caught Corphish after we had the Water Trial." Toby commented.

"Alright Will, you know the drill by now. The first move is yours," Hapu stated.

"Alright, let's start strong, Corphish, first let's power up with Swords Dance!" Will said. Corphish then used Swords Dance, which then raised it's attack power, "Now, use Crabhammer!" Corphish then charged at Mudsdale, and slammed it with it's pincers. However, after the attack, Mudsdale glowed red, "What was that?" Will wondered.

"Let me explain..... Mudsdale's ability is called 'Stamina', which raises Defense Power when it takes damage," Hapu explained.

"I see, so it's like Palossand's Water Compaction Ability," Lincoln commented.

"Only in this case, ALL attacks boosts Defensive power," Silver Spoon replied.

"Lincoln, you often had to deal with opponents in your Duel Monsters matches with stronger monsters. What do you think Will should do?" Luna asked.

"Truth be told, the only real way I can think of is for Will to hammer away at Mudsdale with Super Effective attacks," Lincoln replied.

"That's.... not much to go on," Lucy commented.

"But don't forget.... Will has Z Crystals that can be helpful against Mudsdale," Toby replied.

"Right! Waterium Z, Grassium Z, and Icium Z!" Lisa declared.

"But something tells me he's going to save it for a last resort," Lincoln replied.

"Right. Hapu never used her Z Move against any of us," Fluttershy replied.

"Alright, Corphish, use Bubblebeam!" Corphish then fired off Bubblebeam, which did more damage, but ended up raising Mudsddale's defenses even more.

"Alright Mudsdale, use High Horsepower!" Hapu instructed. Mudsdale then charged into Corphish, sending it skidding back. Corphish got back up, and began to evolve. It became a larger, red lobster like Pokémon with a yellow star on it's face.

"Corphish just evolved!" Toby exclaimed.

"Crawdaunt, the Rouge Pokémon, a Water and Dark Type. It's violent nature makes it so no other Pokémon lives in the same lake as Crawdaunt. As a result, lakes where Crawdaunt live are desolate places," Rotom explained.

"Crawdaunt may be able to make it past Mudsdale's defense power ups," Lincoln commented.

"Alright, now Crawdaunt, use Bubblebeam!" Will instructed. Crawdaunt then fired Bubblebeam at Mudsdale.

"Charge in with High Horsepower!" Hapu instructed. Mudsdale then charged into the Bubblebeam, much to everyone's, including Crawdaunt's, surprise, as it slammed into the Rouge Pokémon, knocking it out.

"Man, all of Hapu's Pokémon are crazy strong!" Lana commented.

"They've been able to knock out two of each of your Pokémon," Girl Jordan added.

"Yeah, but Mudsdale looks like it's getting tired," Toby observed. And he was right. Mudsdale was panting.

"Mudsdale may have gained higher defenses, but all those Water Attacks added up," Lincoln commented.

"Alright, now, Decidueye, let's go!" Will said, releasing Decidueye.

"So, now it's a Grass Type, eh? Well, time I stopped playing around," Hapu said, as she crossed her arms.

"Here it comes," Lori commented, as Hapu began to do a Z Move Pose.

"Deep within the Earth's crust, true power can be found. Now, time to harness that power!" Hapu said, as she twirled around, and slid down to one knee, enveloping Mudsdale in Z Power, "Now Mudsdale, use Tectonic Rage!" Mudsdale then slammed the ground, opening a trench, which dropped Decidueye down it, with the Draft Horse Pokémon going in after it. It galloped at Decidueye, and slammed into it, sending Decidueye back to the surface in an explosion. When Mudsdale resurfaced, the trench closed up.

"Whoa, those Z moves pack a ton of power!" Rusty commented.

"Decidueye's stamina has dropped at least 75% with that one attack!" Rotom exclaimed.


"Well, what do you say we show her our full power, partner?" Will asked, equipping Grassium Z to his Z Power Ring. He then did the pose for Grass Type Z Moves, "Alright, just like a flower, we'll bloom after all our hardships! Now, Decidueye, use Bloom Doom!" Decidueye then became enveloped in Z Power. It then caused all the flowers around them to bloom, as Decidueye fired a beam of light , which then rained back down onto Mudsdale, who was unable to withstand the Z Move, and fell unconscious after the attack.

"And that clenches it!" Hapu declared, recalling Mudsdale, "You were great out there, old friend," she said, as she approached all four trainers, "You all have shown that you've come full circle in the Island Challenge, which is a remarkable achievement, and for that, I say congratulations," she said.

"Thanks, Hapu," Will replied.

"And, as proof that you won over me in this Grand Trial, I present you all with the Ground Type Z Crystal, Groundium Z," Hapu said, as she gave each of them a brown Z Crystal with a symbol of a mound of dirt in the center, "And you saw how I did the pose for Tectonic Rage, right?" Hapu asked, demonstrating the pose again.

"So, what happens now?" Zach asked.

"Well, normally, when a trainer clears all of the Trials and the Grand Trials, they usually have to take the final trial, in which they battle all four island Kahuna's in a series of battles. But this year is different. This year, we're having an actual Pokémon League, on behalf of the Aether Foundation!" Hapu exclaimed.

"'Pokémon League'? What's that?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"It's this huge tournament where all the strongest trainers compete for the title of Champion. In other regions, the League is usually made up of a group of trainers called the Elite Four, who are all crazy strong trainers," Will explained.

"But to enter the competition, trainers have to prove themselves worthy," Toby added.

"Right. In other regions, a total of eight Gym Badges is required," Will replied.

"But for Alola, all you guys needed to do was collect the eight Z Crystals from the Trials on all four islands, as well as the four Z Crystals from battling the Island Kahuna's," Hapu stated.

"Right. Which means now we qualify to compete," Will stated.

"The Leagues going to be held on this huge, floating Island built by the Aether Foundation," Silver Spoon added.

"Speaking of which, we need to see about registering," Will said, as they all left Exeggutor Island.


At the Pokémon League Island,

After a day or two of helping out, the Loud Parents, Rita's siblings, and Lily were all sitting in the stands, eyeing the stadium, "Wonder how this is all going to turn out," Rhonda commented.

"Only time will tell," Randy said, as he drank a soda.

"And there's no need to tell where I will be when this competition begins," Lynn Sr. commented. It was then they were approached by a familiar girl.

"Excuse me?" they turned to see none other than the Lillie our heroes were friends with, "I don't believe the island is ready for spectators," she said timidly.

"Oh, sorry young lady. We got sent through some kind of wormhole, and wound up here, where we ended up helping set up," Ross explained.

"I see. I apologize for the startle," Lillie replied, as she walked away, "Much as I don't like Pokémon battles, I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Will and them should feel right at home, even with those Louds they hang out with," she commented. This caught the attention of the adults from Royal Woods.

"Young lady, wait!" Ross called out, catching Lillie's attention, "Did you say some friends of yours hang out with 'Louds'?" the detective asked.

"Oh yes! I was surprised at how big a family they were. One boy among nine girls," Lillie replied.

"And the one boy.... he didn't happen to have white hair?" Rita asked.

"Why yes, he does. I think his name was 'Lincoln'," Lillie replied.

"Oh thank god!" Rita exclaimed, sounding relieved.

"I take it you're looking for them?" Lillie asked, as she began to put two and two together.

"Yes," Lynn Sr. replied, placing a hand on his wife's shoulder, "You see, we are their parents."


in another part of the Island,

A boat had docked in the harbor, as passengers began disembarking. Among them were Twilight and the rest of the Equestria crew, "Ok, here's our last stop!" Twilight exclaimed.

"A first ever Pokémon League.... Ah can hardly wait!" Nathan exclaimed.

"I hope Will, Fluttershy and them are competing," Josh commented.

"I'm sure they'll be here," Rainbow Dash replied, as some workers approached the group.

"Are you all the travelling Pokémon Swap Meet festival?" one of them asked.

"We are. We were asked to set up stands around the arena," the festival manager replied.

"Oh good. Then here's a map of the complex. You have the Aether Foundation President's blessings to set up shop," the worker said, giving the manager a map of the arena, "We can show you to a conference room where you can plan things out," he added.

"Thank you. Please do," the manager replied, as they all followed the workers tot he conference room.


On Team Rocket's Carrier,

"Giovanni, sir!" a Team Rocket Grunt said, holding some papers.

"Yes? What is it?" Giovanni asked.

"We have word that the Alola Pokémon League is going to be starting soon," the grunt replied.

"I see. Have any of our members been dispatched?" Giovanni asked.

"A small squad is heading that way now," the Grunt replied.

"Good. Contact them, and have them keep me updated on everything that goes on," Giovanni commanded.

"Yes sir!" the Grunt said, as he left the room. Giovanni then looked as a display case, holding six, sinister looking Pokeballs.

"Thanks to the Dark Ball Project, taking over the world will be as easy as taking candy from a baby," he cackled.


In the Seafolk Village,

The mysterious, gold nut headed Pokémon was latched on to some metal tools, melting them down, and absorbing them.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Trevenant*(M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Hariyama (M), Goodra (M),






Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Hawlucha (M), Toucannon (F), Torterra (M), Meganium (F)







Toby: Turtonator (M), Metagross* (N/A), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M)








Serenity: Lopunny (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)









Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Glaceon (F), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F)








Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)








Lori: Skarmory (F)








Luna: Houndour (F)








Lynn: Gyarados (M)










Lucy: Sandile (F)









Lana: Minccinno (F)








Lisa: Elgyem (M)









In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Seedot (M), Pumpkaboo (Large Size)(M), Yamask (F), Litwik (F), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Haunter (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Axew (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Meinfoo (F), Croagunk (M), Riolu (M), Dragonair (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M)









Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Yamask (M), Litwik (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Haunter* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Steelix (M), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M),










Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M),, Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), , Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Haunter (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Litwik (M), Duskull (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Yamask (F), Riolu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Axew (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Gible (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonair* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Mawile (F), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F)










,
Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)










Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Shroomish (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Elekid (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Litwik (M), Yamask (F), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A),




Totem Stickers So far: 97/100

If you guessed that the Pokemon at the end part was Meltan, you're right! I'm plannign to have Toby catch Meltan, but let me know your thoughts

PreviousChapters Next