• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40: Prempted Trial?! Training on the Mountain!

Passing through what looked to be a trailer park, our heroes continued their adventures, making their way to the next trial site, "Didn't think we'd find a trailer park all the way out here," Lincoln commented.

"This is the Tapu Village. According to legend, the Island Guardians of Alola did battle with the Ultra Beasts in this location," Rotom explained.

"How right you are," it was then that the group saw Dulse and Zossie, from the Ultra Recon Squad, "Other reports tell that the village was decimated by the creature known as Tapu Bulu," Dulse explained.

"But why would a Guardian Deity destroy a village?" Leni pondered.

"Maybe the villagers did something to anger it?" Lincoln theorized.

"It's possible that the local trial site had something to do with it. It used to be a grocery store, but our reports say that Tapu Bulu trashed it because it was built on sacred grounds," Zossie replied.

"We must go monitor another area. We'll take our leave now," Dulse said, as he and Zossie left. As they entered a more greener part of the island, rain started sprinkling on them. They then saw the imposing mountain towering overhead.

"Wow, so THAT'S Mount Lanakila," Will commented, seeing the snow covered mountain. Both Toby and Silver Spoon shuddered.

"Hopefully we don't need to go up there for any reason," Silver Spoon commented. Toby nodded, as they made their way over to the Pokémon Center. As they were about to walk in, they saw Busujima walking out.

"Busujima," Toby said.

"Have you already taken the Ghost Trial?" Will asked.

"No. I'm heading over there now. You guys probably wouldn't last two seconds there," Busujima said, as he left, heading down a path with pitch black sand.

"Guess he got to challenge the trial first. Well, this at least gives us the opportunity to do some training and come up with a strategy," Will commented, as they entered the Pokémon Center.


Later,

As their Pokémon were getting healed up, our heroes were seated around the lobby, discussing their plan for the trial, "Our first objective is identifying what kind of Pokémon are good against Ghost Pokémon," Lisa commented.

"Right. The only types of moves that can be super effective on Ghost Type Pokémon are Dark and Ghost Type moves. I have Decidueye, and you guys have Pokémon like Pawniard. So, we have a game plan for moves to attack with, but we should also think about defense too," Will said.

"I remember you telling us that Ghost Type Moves are not really effective on Dark Type Pokémon, and are completely useless on Normal Types, right?" Toby asked.

"They are, unless we use moves like Odor Sleuth and Foresight on the Ghost Pokémon. And having the ability Scrappy could help too, but I don't think any of our Pokémon has those moves or that ability," Will replied.

"So.... just the Dark Type moves then," Lori commented.

"Yep. We should also avoid sending in any Psychic Types, since Ghost Pokémon are strong against them," Will replied.

"Ok, so I'll put Metang into storage," Toby commented.

"But are there really no other types that provide defense against Ghost Types than Dark?" Lynn questioned.

"Afraid not," Will replied.

"Well, I can still swap Metang out for Incineroar. That'll take care of a powerhouse for me," Toby commented, as the bell went off.

"I'm happy to report that all of your Pokémon are back into top physical condition," Nurse Joy said, as the trainers all took back their Pokeballs.

"Thanks Nurse Joy. By the way, you wouldn't happen to know of anything we can do to pass the time until we can take the Ghost Trial?" Will asked.

"Well, I have heard that one of the caves on Mount Lanakila has a special ice covered rock that enables Eevee to evolve into Glaceon, as well as a pedestal that has the Ice Type Z Crystal, Icium Z," Nurse Joy replied. Toby and Silver Spoon shuddered. They knew that they would probably need to explore the mountain.

"Is it possible for us to explore it?" Will asked.

"Of course. We even have winter gear to keep you all warm," Nurse Joy said, pointing to a kiosk that had heavy winter coats, gloves, and goggles. It was then that someone dressed in some winter gear walked into the Pokémon Center. Taking of the gear, they saw that it was Chaz. He dropped the gear into a bin marked 'For Cleaning', "Hello Chaz. Were you successful in your exploration?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Yeah. I was able to snag myself the Icium Z," Chaz replied, showing a white Z Crystal with a snowflake symbol in it.

"That's quite the find. There aren't any Totem Pokémon, I take it?" Lincoln asked.

"Nah. Mount Lanakila and Haina Desert have no Totem Pokémon guarding the Z Crystals there," Chaz replied.

"A desert?" Lisa parroted.

"Oh yes. The Haina Desert is where trainers can find the Psychic Type Z Crystal, Psychium Z," the nurse replied.

"Well, then I suppose we can explore either or and try and find the Z Crystals while we wait for the trial to clear up," Will finalized.

"We can try exploring the desert. At least that place is warm," Silver Spoon volunteered herself and Toby, who was in mutual agreement with his girlfriend.

"Well, you guys do sound like you have a good game plan, but you guys also need to keep one thing in mind. Trainers are only allowed to have one of each type of Z Crystal Each. Any more than that, then the extras will disintegrate," Chaz explained.

"Then it looks like we're all going to have to tackle one or the other together," Will sighed.

"We should probably do the mountain first, so we can get that out of the way first," Toby suggested. He and Silver Spoon didn't really want to explore the mountain, but they knew that if they did, they could explore the warm desert later.

"Alright. So for now, we should change up our teams so we can make the trek up the mountain. We'll need Fire, Rock, Steel, and Fighting Types," Will said. With that, each of them changed out their teams, and went to borrow the mountain gear.

"I'll let the trial captain that she has some challengers when she comes back," Nurse Joy said.

"Thanks Nurse Joy," Will said, as they exited the Pokémon Center, and made their way to the mountain.

"This is not going to be pleasant," Silver Spoon commented, as they made their way up to the mountain.


Hiking up the mountain was difficult, to say the least. The icy, rocky terrain made it hard to keep a good foothold, "Hopefully this will all be worth the Z Crystal," Toby complained, as his Growlithe stayed close to him. Thankfully, Fire Pokémon weren't terribly bothered by the cold.

"Don't worry Toby. Once we find the cave the Z Crystal Altar is at, we can head back down as quickly as possible," Fluttershy reassured, as they ventured into a cave. Once inside, Silver Spoon's Eevee let itself out of it's Pokeball.

"Eevee? What are you doing out of your Pokeball?" Silver Spoon asked. Eevee only dashed off, "Eevee! Wait!" Silver Spoon cried out, following close after it. The others also followed after them. After some running, the group found themselves in front of a massive, ice covered rock.

"What is that?" Lana asked.

"It's an ice covered rock. It's places with something like this that enables Eevee to evolve into a Glaceon, much like how a Moss Covered Rock turns Eevee into a Leafeon," Will explained. Soon, they saw Eevee, running up towards the rock. Placing it's paw on the rock, Eevee then evolved into Glaceon.

"So that's what Glaceon looks like up close," Lola commented.

"Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, an Ice Type, and an evolved form of Eevee. It can instantly freeze any nearby moisture that's around it, creating ice pellets to shoot at it's prey. Once it evolved, Glaceon is now able to use the following moves: Icy Wind, Ice Beam, and Ice Fang," Rotom explained, as Glaceon ran back to Silver Spoon.

"Well, at least you can help me to keep cool during summer," she commented, recalling her newly evolved Pokémon.

"Well, at least that's something else we can take back with us when we're done here. But for now, let's continue trying to find some Icium Z," Will suggested. Lincoln then noticed a nearby wall. It had some murals, that led to a deeper part of the cave.

"Hey guys, how about down there?" Lincoln asked, pointing down the path. The others took notice of the murals.

"This looks promising," Toby commented, as they ventured down the path. Along the way, they saw a variety of Ice Type Pokémon, including Glalie.

"We needn't worry about the Ice Pokémon. They won't bother us, as long as we don't bother them," Will said, as they continued walking. They eventually came across a Z Crystal Pedestal. On it were several shards of Icium Z.

"Guess the trip up here was worth it after all," Silver Spoon said, as the four trainers each took a shard.

"And look over here! Murals, showing how to use the Ice Type Z Move!" Luna commented, showing them some murals. It showed the people making an ascending slashing motion with their arms, which then was extended outward to the sides, then to the front. Rotom took some pictures of these murals.

"Data updated! The name of the Ice Type Z Move is called 'Sub-Zero Slammer'," Rotom said.

"Ok, so we got what we came for, now can we get back down the mountain?" Silver Spoon begged.

"Yeah, the cold's starting to get to me too," Lori commented.

"Alright, since we have the Z Crystals, we can get out of here," Will said, as they all went back out the way they went.


Back at the Pokémon Center,

Toby and Silver Spoon were both enjoying a hot cup of cocoa to warm up as soon as they got back to the Pokémon Center, while the others returned the gear they borrowed, "You all look like you had quite the adventure," Nurse Joy said.

"Yeah, but it was all worth it," Will said, showing his Icium Z.

"That's wonderful! By the way, Busujima finished up his trial not too long before you all came back. You should make it a point to check in with the Trial Captain at the Aether House," Nurse Joy said.

"Ok, so where's the Aether House?" Will asked.

"You'll find it around the corner. It's the big white building with the Aether Foundation emblem on it," the nurse explained.

"Ok, so once we're all warmed back up, we can go and see the Trial Captain," Will said, as he and the others partook in some hot cocoa.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Muk (F), Aron (M), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Blitzle (M)



Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabrawler (M), Steelix (M), Pupitar (M), Probopass (M), Bronzor (N/A),




Toby: Incineroar (M), Metang*(N/A), Mawile (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F)



Serenity: Lopunny (F), Vikavolt (M) Eevee* (M), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)





Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Magnezone (N/A), Numel (F), Glaceon (F) Helioptile (F), Magby (M)




Lincoln: Mareanie* (M)



Lori: Skarmory (F)




Luna: Houndour (F)




Lynn: Gyarados (M)




Lana: Minccinno (F)




Lisa: Elgyem (M)





In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M), Hariyama (M)




Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F),), Hawlucha (M) Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Toucannon (F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M)




Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Vulpix (F), Delphox (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Noibat (M), Pikachu (F), Empoleon (M), Flareon (F), Espeon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F),




Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Pachirisu* (F) Misdreavus (F)




Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Blastoise (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), , Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Elekid (M), Shroomish (F) Butterfree* (M) Goodra* (F), Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M)



Totem Stickers So far: 74/100

PreviousChapters Next