• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,701 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,701

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: A Taste of Being a Trainer! Lynn vs Busujima Lincoln vs Davis

Having finished their trial in the Lush Jungle, our heroes decided to head south, on their way to the Dimensional Research Lab, before tackling the Diglett Tunnel, "The Dimensional Research Lab is to the immediate right as soon as we reenter Heahea City," Rotom said.

"So, any idea on which Pokémon you guys will use in the Grand Trial?" Leni asked.

"Well, going by what Kukui said, our best bet would be to go in with Water, Fighting, Ground, Flying, Steel, or Grass Type Pokémon. So I'll be using Dartrix and Hariyama," Will replied.

"I have Brionne and Hawlucha, so I'm good," Fluttershy added.

"Magneton and Azumarill will give me the edge I need," Silver Spoon commented.

"And as for me, I know I can count on Tsareena and Mawile," Toby added.

"You guys make Pokémon training look easy," Lola commented.

"Well, there's a lot more to training Pokémon besides just battling. You need to know what Pokémon Types matchup with others, while also taking into account the stats of each one on your team. Then you got to utilize each move your Pokémon knows to draw out their fullest potential," Will replied.

"Back on Will's Ranch back home, he has well over 200 different species' of Pokémon," Silver Spoon commented.

"More like over 600," Will corrected.

"Yeesh, I like taking care of animals and all, but even I can't handle 600 at once," Lana commented.

"It's not so bad. I get some of my Pokémon to help out with handing out food, making sure everyone is healthy, and maintaining their habitats," Will replied.

"Maybe, if it's alright with you guys, we could maybe try our hands at battling?" Luan asked.

"I see no problem with that. But the Pokémon will need to be able to trust you for them to battle at their best," Will replied.

"That won't be a problem for me! Anyone can be a team player if I'm leading the charge!" Lynn boasted.

"Don't get too carried away. There have been several reports of Pokémon completely ignoring their trainer's commands if they don't like the trainer enough," Will warned.

"It'll be fine," Lynn shrugged arrogantly. It was then when they saw green flames shooting up into the sky, "What's that?" she asked.

"That looks like Dragon Breath," Will replied, as they went over to check it out. When they got their, they saw, much to their chagrin, Busujima. He was using his Shelgon to battle Davis and a large rock Pokémon. It looked to have two sets of arms, one of which that looked to be cemented to it's body.

"Graveler, use Bulldoze!" Davis commanded. Graveler then stomped on the ground, which caused it to shake profusely, causing some damage to Shelgon.

"Shelgon, get it together, and use Dragon Pulse!" Busujima ordered. Shelgon then fired a beam of energy at Graveler sending it back, knocked out.

"Return Graveler," Davis said, recalling his Pokémon. "Ready for the next battle?" Davis questioned.

"You bet! And this time, I'm using Tauros!" Busujima said, releasing a Tauros.

"HOLD IT!" the two members of the Bandit Star Pirates turned to see Lynn standing there, "Why battle a weakling like him, when you can battle me?!" Lynn challenged.

"Because, unlike you, Davis IS an actual trainer. You don't even have a single Pokémon on you," Busujima retorted.

"Lynn, what are you literally doing!?" Lori exclaimed.

"What does it look like? I'm challenging this big hotshot to a battle!" Lynn snapped.

"But you don't have any Pokémon, just like he said," Lincoln reminded.

"Can it, Stinkcoln! I can just borrow one!" Lynn snapped harshly.

"I don't know Lynn. Like I said, some Pokémon won't listen if they feel you're not worthy," Will commented.

"It'll be fine! I just need to borrow one Pokémon!" Lynn exclaimed.

"Well, if you're so insistent on it," Will said, as the four trial goers released their Pokémon, "Alright guys, which of you guys wants to battle along side Lynn?" Will asked. The Pokémon all looked at Lynn with uninterested looks.

"C'mon guys! We can win if you battle with me! Who's with me!?" Lynn questioned. The only response was the Pokémon ignoring her. Some of them were drinking green tea and rice buns, others were playing mahjongg or Chinese Checkers (don't ask where they got the games from), or just laying down in some futons. They all did anime style trips at this.

"Sorry Lynn, but it looks like they don't want to take orders from you," Silver Spoon commented.

"I don't suppose I can bribe you with some Malasadas for listening to her, right guys?" Toby asked. Mawile blushed at her trainer's question. Looking at Lynn, Mawile really didn't want to listen to her, but she didn't want to upset her trainer. Reluctantly, Mawile stood up.

"See? Now was that so hard?" Lynn asked rudely. Mawile only shot a glare at Lynn.

"Are you bozos done over there?" Busujima asked.

"You bet, and I'm going with Mawile!" Lynn exclaimed. Mawile looked absolutely embarrassed for being chosen by Lynn.

"Alright, this shouldn't take too long Davis," Busujima commented.

"No worries. I need a laugh anyhow," Davis replied, taking a seat on a nearby rock.

"Alright, you can have the first move if you want," Busujima commented.

"Thanks, I will!" Lynn said, as she started hopping around.

"Uh, what is she doing?" Fluttershy asked. The Louds looked absolutely embarrassed about their sporty sister.

"What she IS doing, is making a complete idiot of herself! Are you going to battle, or dance around?" Busujima questioned.

"Truth be told, this is one of Lynn's obnoxious and delusional good luck rituals. She believes more in luck than her own skill," Lisa admitted.

"Alright, Mawile, use Iron Head!" Lynn exclaimed. Mawile, however, pretended not to notice, as she felt humiliated for agreeing to listen to Lynn, "Hey, I said use Iron Head!" Lynn repeated, sounding annoyed. Mawile didn't like the tone Lynn was taking with her, but she knew she couldn't upset Toby. With a grain of salt, Mawile then used Iron Head.

"Tauros, use Double Team," Busujima ordered. Several copies of Tauros began appearing one by one, causing Iron Head to miss, "Now use Earthquake," he added. Tauros then slammed the ground with it's hooves, which caused an Earthquake to shake up the battlefield, causing massive damage to Mawile. Lynn started hopping around again, causing Mawile to cover her face in embarrassment.

"I'm definitely going to need to treat Mawile to a big batch of Malasadas when I get the chance," Toby commented.

"Give Moonblast a try now!" Lynn ordered. Mawile then lazily fired off Moonblast at the copies, not even interested.

"Giga Impact," Tauros then charged at Mawile in a spiral energy, striking Mawile full force, "Now use Stomping Tantrum!" Busujima ordered. Tauros then started stomping around, striking Mawile, and knocking it out, "Just as I thought," Busujima commented.

"Wait, we're not done yet!" Lynn exclaimed.

"Yes you are!" Lynn flinched at the yell of her eldest sibling, "Can't you see that you and Mawile weren't in perfect synch?" Lori chastised.

"But we're not in a kitchen," Leni commented.

"No, being in synch means that two people are in tune with one another, as was not the case with Lynn and Mawile," Lisa explained, as Toby went to heal Mawile.

"You were great out there Mawile. Take a nice long rest," Toby said, recalling his Pokémon.

"Do you seriously call that performance Mawile's best?!" Lynn yelled, "It's all Mawile's fault we lost!" Lynn exclaimed.

"No, it wasn't!" Busujima argued, "If anyone is to blame, it's you!" he stated.

"But I did all the right lucky rituals!" Lynn countered.

"Luck has no place in Pokémon Battles! There's no such thing. You lost because you couldn't stay in touch with Mawile's feelings, and that's what cost you the battle," Davis chastised.

"It's true. The other Pokémon didn't want to listen to you, because they don't respect you! And I can hardly blame them! You rely too much on a stupid superstition that you care more about winning than your own team! You're the worst at Pokémon Training, and you'd be a failure as a trainer!" Busujima spat.

"I'll get even with that guy!" Lynn snarled.

"No you won't. Because as of this moment, you're banned from battling with any of the other Pokémon, and that includes Mawile," Lori stated. Her tone indicated that her decision was final.

"Alright, YOU try battling with one of these Pokémon!" Lynn snapped. Lincoln then approached Silver Spoon's Lycanroc.

"Lycanroc, do you think you can battle along side me if I asked you to?" Lincoln asked in a diplomatic tone. Lycanroc placed a paw on the white hair child's shoulder in affirmation.

"Now that's the proper way to gain the trust and respect of a Pokémon," Will commented.

"If you want, I guess I can spare some time to battle you," Davis said, getting off of the rock.

"Ok then," Lincoln said, as he and Lycanroc stepped forward.

"And here's my Pokémon. Go, Electrike!" Davis said, sending out a small, green dog like Pokémon with thunderbolt patterns on it.

"Electrike, the Lightning Pokémon, an Electric Type. Friction between the air and it's fur produces static electricity. When it runs, it makes a cackling sound," Rotom said.

"Like with your sister, you can have the first move," Davis said.

"Thanks. Now let's see, I know Lycanroc's moves are Accelerock, Stone Edge, Double Team, and Thunder Fang. So, let's give Double Team a try!" Lincoln instructed. Several copies of Lycanroc began appearing.

"That Lycanroc has some speed on it. But let's see how it deals with this; Now Electrike, use Shock Wave!" Davis ordered. Electrike then fired off a wave of electricity, which homed in on the real Lycanroc.

"What happened?!" Lana questioned.

"Shock Wave is a move that never misses. It's good if the user has low accuracy or the target has high evasiveness," Will explained.

"Nice! Now let's try a Thunderbolt!" Electrike then fired off Thunderbolt at Lycanroc.

"Quick! Use Accelerock, and dodge!" Lincoln instructed. Lycanroc did just that, and narrowly avoided the electric attack, "That's the way! Now use Stone Edge!" Lincoln instructed. Lycanroc then used Stone Edge, which was able to hit and deal a lot of damage to Electrike.

"Since Stone Edge has a high critical hit ratio, that did a lot more damage, right?" Lisa asked.

"Precisely," Will replied. The Loud Sisters were all amazed at how well Lincoln was working with Lycanroc, but Lynn looked downright furious.

"How is he even doing that?! I did the exact same thing, but I still lost!" Lynn exclaimed.

"Maybe because Lincoln is using his head instead of his gut!" Lola argued.

"Electrike, use Shock Wave!" Davis ordered. Electrike once again used Shock Wave, striking Lycanroc, who was still standing.

"Lycanroc, use Accelerock!" Lincoln instructed. Lycanroc then used the move, and was able to knock out Electrike.

"Not bad for your first battle," Davis commended, recalling Electrike.

"That's was perfect battling Lycanroc!" Silver Spoon praised.

"I got to admit, you were a natural at battling, bro," Luna commented.

"Well, I figured I would use whatever moves seemed appropriate at the time," Lincoln commented.

"I guess it helps that you payed close attention to when our friends were battling," Lisa replied. Lynn was still fuming at how Lincoln showed her up.

"Yeah, but I think we would need to start out at the very beginning if we wanted to train any Pokémon," Lincoln commented, as Busujima and Davis began to leave.

"Where are you two going?" Lori questioned.

"We're done wasting our time with you guys, and I need to get back to training my Pokémon," Busujima snapped.

"You guys probably heard that Olivia likes Rock Type Pokémon, so I'm the best choice for a training partner for Busujima here," Davis said.

"Well, in any case, we should get going too. The Professor is waiting for us," Will said, as they continued onward.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Dartrix (M), Alolan Grimer (F), Hariyama (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M)

Fluttershy: Brionne (F), Toucannon (F), Smeargle (M), Hawlucha (M), Crabrawler (M)


Toby: Braixen (F), Vulpix (F), Torracat (M), Noibat (M), Mawile (F), Turtonator (M)


Serenity: Lopunny (F), Charjabug (M), Misdreavus (F), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F)


Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Magneton (N/A), Butterfree* (M) Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M), Growlithe (F), Gallade (M)


In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M) Goodra (M)


Fluttershy: Zorua*(F), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Phanpy (F), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Onix (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M) Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Goodra (F)


Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Eevee (F), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Skrelp (M), Corphish (M), Krabby (M), Luxio (M), Slugma (F), Growlithe (M), Magby (M), Numel (M), Litleo (F), Espeon (F), Prinplup (M), Charmeleon (M), Quilava (F), Alakazam (M), Kirlia*(F), Seedot (M), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Tsareena* (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Goodra (F), Pikachu (F)


Serenity: Eevee* (M), Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Mareep*(M), Buizel (F), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Detective Pikachu (M), Seedot (F), Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M)


Silver Spoon: Eevee x2 ( Both are Female), Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Wartortle (F), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (M), Monferno (F), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Clauncher (F), Seedot (M), Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Goodra* (F)


Totem Stickers So far: 45/100

PreviousChapters Next