• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 64: Pokemon League First Round (Part 5)

Later, that night, in the Ponyville Friend's suite,

"Man, today had some really intense battles," Toby commented, laying down on his bed.

"I'll say. Cletus had that battle in the bag at first, but Chaz was able to make that comeback and win his spot in the next round," Will replied.

"And let's not forget about the match after that. Byakko against Ruby," Fluttershy added.

"Two of the Bandit Star Pirate's Big Four, going at it was really something to behold," Silver Spoon commented.


Earlier, that day,

The battle between Byakko and Ruby had only just started, and both trainers were down to their last Pokemon on an Ice Battlefield, "Hmm, you've gotten better, Ruby," Byakko commented, as his Alolan Persian was hissing intently, at the Pokemon they were facing. It was a bipedal pink Pokemon with a shell like crown, and a fancy looking cloth.

"And you've gotten sloppy, Byakko. But then again, you've always went in guns blazing, with no real strategy. Just savage brutality," Ruby retorted.

"You'll pay for that! Now, Persian, use Dark Pulse!" Byakko instructed. Persian then fired off Dark Pulse.

"Don't think so. Slowking, use Double Team," Ruby instructed. Afterimages of Slowking began to appear, as Dark Pulse missed it's mark, "Now, use Calm Mind, then into Signal Beam," Ruby instructed. Slwoking's eyes glowed blue, before it fired off a multicolored beam, surrounded by squares, at Persian, damaging the Classy Cat Pokemon. Byakko then roared loudly, as did Persian, as the boy's expression turned more fierce.

"Alright Persian, use Hone Claws!" Byakko instructed. Persian then sharpened it's claws on a chunk of ice, "Now, use Night Slash!" Persian then charged swiftly at Slowking, and slashed the Royal Pokemon with it's claws, which was able to defeat Slowking.

"Slowking is unable to battle! The winner is Persian, therefore, moving on will be Byakko, of Blackthorn City!" the referee declared. Byakko took a moment to compose himself. Once he was calmed, he then approached his Persian.

"Nicely done, Persian. You fought valiantly," Byakko said, recalling his Pokemon.

"Hmm, most peculiar. I had made all the proper calculations based on your battle style, and formed the perfect strategy to win, but I still lost. How queer," Ruby commented, recalling Slowking.

"That's the thing. You only based your strategy on what my primary battle style is. You failed to take into account whether or not I would be able to adapt my strategy," Byakko replied, as he left the arena.

"Hmm, perhaps I need to be able to add adaptability to my future plans," Ruby commented, as she too left. Meanwhile, in the stands, our heroes were contemplating the way Byakko and Ruby battled.

"What do you think that was, when he roared like that?" Lucy questioned.

"Don't know. But, remember what Nico said, about Byakko being the berserker of the Big Four? Maybe that's what we saw," Toby theorized.

"Wonder why it didn't happen when he battled me?" Lynn wondered.

"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Gyarados didn't fully trust you enough to listen," Lisa commented.

"That's right. Byakko may have thought you weren't worth going all out on," Silver Spoon added.

"Well, would you guys believe that what you saw still wasn't Byakko at his full potential?" they heard Nico say, as she approached them, "Byakko is a very wild and very aggressive trainer. That way he went berserk just now was actually tame as compared to what he can really do," she said.

"Have you seen that side of him before?" Lincoln asked.

"Once, when he and I first battled. He came really close to defeating me, but I was able to make a comeback," Nico replied.

"Byakko..... he may prove to be as much as a challenge as Gladion," Will commented.


Present Time,

"Truth be told, Byakko was kind of scary the way he went wild," Serenity commented.

"Yeah. Hopefully, none of us will have to battle him," Fluttershy replied.

"Well, with how the tournament randomly chooses our opponents, we may have to," Will replied.

"Well, we still have the next batch of trainers that need to battle," Toby commented.

"True. We can worry about who we'll face after tomorrow's battles," Will declared.


Meanwhile, with the regional Champions,

Each of the Champions, apart from Leon, Iris, and Wallace, were all gathered in a stateroom, discussing something, ".... And that's what I heard," Cynthia said, telling the others what she had heard the other day.

"Hmm, so Team Rainbow Rocket is finally making it's move," Lance commented. it was then that Iris, Wallace, and Leon all came into the room.

"I was wondering where you guys were," Steven commented.

"Leon kept getting lost," Iris dryly replied.

"My brother is right..... I am pants with directions. I'm always getting lost," Leon commented, as he and the others took their seats.

"So, did we miss anything?" Wallace asked.

"Quite a bit, actually. But I'll give you guys the short version.... basically, Team Rainbow Rocket is planning to make a move soon," Cynthia replied.

"What kind of move?" Leon asked.

"From what I was able to hear, they're apparently scouting out trainers for something. And what ever it is they want, it can't be anything good," Cynthia replied.

"We shouldn't rush into things just yet. It's best to just make it look like we're here to watch the Pokemon League and not draw any unwanted attention," Alder commented.

"True, but we should also be ready to engage them at the drop of a hat," Diantha replied.

"Well, the fact we were introduced at the start of the competition kind of ruins the whole 'element of surprise' thing," Iris commented.

"True, but we haven't drawn any unwanted attention to ourselves, so Team Rainbow Rocket could forget we're here," Alder pointed out, as they all continued to discuss their plans.


On Team Rainbow Rocket's Aircraft Carrier,

"So, Professor, how are the updates to the Dark Ball Network coming?" Giovanni asked.

"Slowly, but perfectly well. With these new updates, any unevolved Pokemon will be forcibly evolved into their final state, regardless of such trivial things as items or *BLECH* friendship!" Professor Nanba replied.

"Good. Anything goes as long as it's to help achieve our ultimate goal," Giovanni said, as he looked on at a massive, black sphere. Purple sparks flew off of it, 'Of course, when I say 'our' ultimate goal, I of course mean mine,' he thought to himself.

"The Dark Core is generating more power with each passing second, making the influence of all of the Dark Balls we distribute more powerful," Nanba stated.

"Good. As you were," Giovanni said, as he left the lab.


The next day,

"Boy, what a series of battles the fourth day of the Pokemon League has brought! Our first round had Amy and Delilah, both members of the Bandit Star Pirates, going head to head! It was a close match, but Amy was able to come out on top! Next, we had the battle between Captains Kiawe and Sophocles, with Alola's fiery dancer coming out on top! Now, our third match, pitting Hau of Iki Town up against Plumeria, from parts unknown," the announcer said, as both trainers entered to a grassy battlefield.

"Alright, the next battle will now get underway! Both trainers may use up to three Pokemon each, and three knockouts are required to win. During the battle, both trainers may make substitutions at any time," the referee declared.

"Alright, now my cute little Arbok, let's do this!" Plumeria said, releasing a massive, cobra like Pokemon with a face like pattern on it's belly.

"Arbok, the Cobra Pokemon, a Poison Type. The latest research has determined that there are over 20 possible patterns that can appear on it's body." Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"I hate snakes!" Leni commented.

"Alright, if that's how you're doing this, then I'll go with Raichu!" Hau exclaimed, releasing an Alolan Raichu of his own.

"A mouse against a snake? What kind of a matchup is that?!" Ross exclaimed.

"A pretty decent one in Hau's favor. Alolan Raichu are Electric and Psychic Types. Poison Type Pokemon are weak against Psychic type Moves," Will replied.

"Plus, Raichu has more mobility that Arbok," Toby added.

"Alright Raichu, let's start things off with Thunderbolt!" Hau instructed. Raichu then charged in close to Arbok, and unleashed the electric attack at pointblank range. This ended up paralyzing Arbok.

"Arbok, try and shake off that paralysis!" Plumeria instructed. With great determination, Arbok then broke free of it's paralysis, "Nice, now give Raichu a taste of Mud Bomb!" she added. Arbok then fired a Mud Bomb straight at Raichu.

"Quick! Dodge it!" Hau instructed. Raichu then got out of the way, surfing on it's tail to avoid Mud Bomb.

"Return, Arbok!" Plumeria said, recalling Arbok.

"She's swapping out," Girl Jordan commented.

"Most likely, Plumeria wants to use a Pokemon that can keep up with Raichu in the air," Lincoln replied.

"But which Pokemon would that be then?" Clyde wondered. Then, Silver Spoon realized what Plumeria was thinking.

"Of course! She must have a Crobat!" she proclaimed.

"Go, Crobat!" Plumeria said, releasing a Crobat.

"But Crobat is a Flying Type, so wouldn't that put Plumeria at more of a disadvantage than before?" Luan questioned.

"Maybe. See, Crobat can also use Dark Type Attacks, and is quite fast and agile," Will replied.

"Alright Crobat, use Dark Pulse!" Plumeria instructed. Crobat then went on to fire the dark rings at Raichu, making contact with it. Raichu, however, was still able to keep going.

"Alright, use Discharge!" Hau instructed. Raichu then let off a powerful blast of electricity that covered the entire field, striking Crobat.

"Shake it off Crobat! And use Cross Poison!" Plumeria instructed. Crobat then flew in fast, and then, in a cross motion, slashed Raichu with poison covered wings, knocking out Raichu.

"Raichu is unable to battle, the winner is Crobat!" the referee declared, as Hau recalled Raichu.

"Thanks Raichu, you were great," Hau said, as he got out his next Pokeball, "Alright, Noivern, let's do this!" Hau said, sending out a Noivern.

"Noivern, the Soundwave Pokemon, a Flying and Dragon Type. Although it has a violent disposition, it can be tamed with nice, ripe fruit. The ultrasonic waves emitted by this Pokemon are strong enough to crush boulders," Serenity's Rotom Phone explained.

"Noivern should help give Hau an edge in the battle," Will commented.

"Alright Noivern, let's start of with Acrobatics!" Hau instructed. Noivern then became enveloped in a cyan glow, as it flew into Crobat from various directions, eventually knocking it out of the air, knocked out.

"Crobat is unable to battle, the winner is Noivern!" the referee declared, as Plumeria recalled Crobat.

"You did great," Plumeria said, as he readied her next Pokeball.

"What was the deal with that move Noivern used?" Rhonda asked.

"It's called Acrobatics. It's a move that deals massive damage if the user doesn't have an item to hold," Will replied, as Plumeria released a Toxapex.

"Alright Noivern, let's give them a Boomburst!" Hau instructed. Noivern then fired a sound blast from it's speaker like ears.

"Toxapex, quick, use Baneful Bunker!" Plumeria instructed. Toxapex then closed it's two open tentacles, and the spikes around it's body extended. Boomburst hit, but did nothing to Toxapex.

"What's that?" Rusty asked.

"Baneful Bunker. It's a Defensive move that only Toxapex can use. It protects the it from damage, and if direct contact is made, can also poison the opposing Pokemon," Lincoln replied.

"That's true. But moves that block damage fail to do so if they're used in succession," Will added.

"Alright, Noivern, use Dragon Pulse!" Noivern then fired off Dragon Pulse.

"Toxapex, dodge! Then use Icy Wind!" Plumeria instructed. Toxapex leapt out of the way of Dragon Pulse, and blew an ice cold wind at Noivern, that seemed to damage the Soundwave Pokemon a lot.

"Get away Noivern! Then use Psychic!" Hau instructed. Noivern flew out from the path of Icy Wind, and blasted Toxapex with Psychic. This caused a lot of damage to Toxapex.

"If this keeps up, Toxapex wont last long. Use Icy Wind, again!" Plumeria instructed. Toxapex then fired Icy Wind, once again. This time, it was able to defeat Noivern.

"Noivern is unable to battle, the winner is Toxapex!" the referee declared, as Hau recalled Noivern.

"So now Hau just has one Pokemon left," Lola commented.

"True. But both of Plumeria's Pokemon have already battled and taken damage, while Hau's third Pokemon hasn't seen any action," Lincoln reminded.

"Alright, Espeon, let's do this!" Hau exclaimed, releasing an Espeon.

"Espeon, the Sun Pokemon, a Psychic Type, and an evolved form of Eevee. By reading the air currents, it can predict it's opponent's next move. If the gem on it's forehead goes dark, that means it's Psychic powers are temporarily depleted," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"Espeon, use Psybeam!" Hau instructed. Espeon then fired Psybeam at Toxapex.

"Toxapex, use Baneful Bunker!" Plumeria instructed. Toxapex then used the move, blocking Psybeam.

"Since the chances of damage blocking moves increases each time you use it, this is a perfect time to strike. Now, use Psybeam, again!" Hau instructed. The move was able to hit Toxapex, knocking it out.

"Toxapex is unable to battle, the winner is Espeon!" the referee declared, as Plumeria recalled Toxapex, and sent Arbok back out.

"Arbok vs Espeon now," Zach commented.

"Espeon has the advantage as a Psychic Type, but Arbok can use moves that are super effective against Psychic Pokemon," Will commented.

"Alright Arbok, use Dig!" Plumeria instructed. Arbok then burrowed underground.

"Arbok can come up from anywhere, so use Double Team!" Hau instructed. Espeon then began to use Double Team, in hopes of avoiding Arbok. And their hopes were not in vain, as Arbok resurfaced through one of the afterimages, "Alright, now use Swift!" Espeon then fired a stream of star like projectiles, that homed in on Arbok, striking the Cobra Pokemon.

"Arbok, quick, use Gunk Shot!" Plumeria instructed. Arbok then fired green sludge at Espeon, who skillfully dodged the attack.

"Nice dodge! Now, use Psybeam!" Hau instructed. Espeon then fired Psybeam directly at Arbok, knocking it out.

"Arbok is unable to battle, the winner is Espeon! Therefore, victory goes to Hau!" the referee declared.

"Alright!" Hau cheered, as Espeon dashed over to it's trainer, "You were amazing, Espeon! Now, take a nice long rest," he said, recalling his Pokemon. Plumeria did the same with Arbok.

"You guys will always be my cutie pies," Plumeria said, as she left the arena, as did Hau.

"Hey Hau!" Will was able to get the young boy's attention, "That was a pretty good battle you had with Plumeria!" he said.

"Thanks! It was a ton of fun! We'll talk later, I'm taking my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center!" Hau said, as he exited the arena, as the battlefield changed to a forest battlefield.

"Alright! Now, for the next and final battle of the Alola Pokemon League First Round's Second half, we have two trainers that blasted their way through ALL of the Trials and Grand Trials when they first arrived! First up is Diego from Lavaridge Town!" the announcer said, as a tan skinned boy in a tank top and khakis entered the arena, "And his opponent will be Leo, from Shalour City!" he said, as another boy entered the arena. He looked really ragged, and aggressive. He wore a tattered karate gi.

"Alright, the rules are the same! Three Pokemon maximum, and all of your opponent's Pokemon must be unable to battle in order to win! You may make substitutions as freely as you wish," the referee declared. Diego sent out a Camerupt, while Diego sent in a Lucario, "BEGIN!" the referee declared. The audience watched intently, but many of them soon had looks of discomfort, and even fear, as Leo decimated all three of Diego's Pokemon with just Lucario, "Th-the winner is Leo!" the referee declared, uneasy from the battle. Leo recalled Lucario, and left.

"That match didn't even last five minutes!" Lisa exclaimed.

"That Leo guy sure does seem strong. He only used one Pokemon," Liam commented.

"And with that, the second half of the first Round of the Alola Pokemon League has concluded. Now, we will have the computer randomly pair up the next matchups, and here they are!" the announcer said, as the images of the remaining 16 trainers appeared on the board, "Gladion VS Sergy! Guzma vs Nico! Toby Vs Byakko! Will Vs Chaz! Flora vs Amy! Kiawe VS Leo! Acerola VS Busujima! And Hau VS Mallow!" he declared.

"Well, at least none of us are up against Gladion or that Leo guy," Toby commented, looking worriedly at who he was going up against.

"But Kiawe is going to have his work cut out for him. Especially if Leo battles the same way he did earlier," Will commented.

"Well, at least I'm not up against anyone unfriendly," Fluttershy sighed in relief.

"So come back tomorrow for the next round!" the announcer said, as everyone in the stands left.

"So, what are we doing for food tonight?" Lincoln asked.

"I'm thinking pizza," Toby commented, as they left, discussing their plans for dinner.


In the shadows,

"Hmm, that Leo kid has potential. Maybe he will suffice," one of the Team Rainbow Rocket grunts in disguise said.

"Maybe. But we have orders to wait for the finals. Only the two trainers who make it through that round can go on," the other grunt said, as they left, as to avoid arousing suspicion.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Magmortar (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M),










Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Hawlucha (M), Absol (F), Torterra (M), Steelix (M), Camerupt (F)










Toby: Metagross* (N/A), Alolan Raichu (F),Charizard (M) Empoleon (M), Mawile (F), Gardevoir* (F)











Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)













Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),










Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)










Lori: Skarmory (F)









Leni: Milotic (F)








Luna: Houndour (F)









Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)








Lynn: Gyarados (M)









Lucy: Sandile (F)










Lana: Minccinno (F)










Lola: Frillish (F)









Lisa: Elgyem (M)









In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Arcanine (M), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Mimikyu (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M)










Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Golem (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Gengar* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Crabominable (M)








Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Scizor (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Espeon (F), Luxray (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Noivern (M), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Meltan (N/A), Heracross (M), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M) Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Tsareena*(F), Turtonator (M)












Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)










Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next