• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 54: Mina's Trial (Part 2)

Wela Volcano National Park, at the Peak,

The group, led by Ilima, soon arrived back at the sight of the Fire Type Trial, "Ok, Kiawe should be waiting up there. He'll be the next opponent you face," he said, before taking off. With that, the group went through the Trial Gate, leading up to the summit.

"Would it be too much to ask if I could take this next battle?" Toby asked.

"Not at all," Will replied.

"That's right. I can take the next battle after this," Silver Spoon added, as they reached the summit. On the stage where the Marowak danced, they saw a lone hiker.

"Alola!" he greeted.

"Um... Alola. Is Captain Kiawe around?" Will asked.

"He had something to take care of, but he shouldn't be too long now," the hiker replied.

"Ok, but we're here for Captain Mina's Trial," Will replied back.

"I see. Well, then I hope you don't mind if I give you guys a quick test, to see if you're ready to take on Kiawe," the Hiker suggested.

"What kind of test? A battle?" Toby asked.

"Indeed! However, this will only be a one on one battle. Which of you will face me?" the Hiker asked.

"I'll be battling Kiawe, so I'll go," Toby replied.

"Ok then. Step on up, and we'll begin," the hiker said, as he took his place on one side of the stage, while Toby took the other side, "Now, for my Pokémon, Magmar!" he said, releasing a Magmar.

"I figured it would be a Fire Type. In that case, Lycanroc, let's go!" Toby said, releasing his Lycanroc.

"We haven't seen Toby's Lycanroc in a while," Fluttershy commented.

"Ok, then. You can have the first move," the Hiker said.

"Alright, thank you. Lycanroc, use Rock Slide!" Toby instructed. Lycanroc then hurled several large boulders at Magmar, who tanked the attack.

"Magmar, use Fire Spin!" Magmar then spewed a stream of fire, that surrounded Lycanroc in a vortex of fire, "Now, use Focus Blast!" the Hiker added. Magmar then focus energy into a sphere, before chucking it at Lycanroc, damaging it further.

"Hang in there Lycanroc! Use Stone Edge!" Lycanroc then punched the ground, sending several blue glowing rocks at Magmar. The Spitfire Pokémon tried to dodged, but was too slow, as a rock struck it, and was able to knock it out. With that, the vortex surrounding Lycanroc dissipated, leaving the Wolf Pokémon to catch its breath, as Toby rushed to it's side, "You did great Lycanroc," Toby said, using a Max Potion on his Pokémon, restoring Lycanroc's energy.

"Not bad," they all turned to see Kiawe standing before them, "I see you've all come a long way since I saw you last. I take it you guys are here for Mina's Trial?" Kiawe asked.

"We are," Will replied.

"I see. In that case, you already know the drill by now. One of you will face me in a battle. We'll each use two Pokémon, and two knockouts are needed to win. Sound reasonable?" Kiawe asked.

"Sounds good," Toby replied, as Kiawe took his place.

"If you're going to start off with Lycanroc, then I'll go with Marowak!" Kiawe said, sending out his own Marowak.

"You good to keep going Lycanroc?" Toby asked. Lycanroc nodded, as it took it's place again.

"You can have the first move," Kiawe said.

"Thank. We need an early win, so Lycanroc, use Stone Edge!" Toby instructed. Lycanroc once again sent the blue glowing rock at Marowak.

"Dodge, then use Bonemerang!" Kiawe instructed. Marowak dodged, and then chucked it's club at Lycanroc. It was able to hit, but Lycanroc withstood the attack.

"Nice, now use Rock Slide!" Toby instructed. Lycanroc then threw more boulders at Marowak, some of them hitting, sending the Bonekeeper Pokémon skidding back, "Now, use Crunch!" Toby added. Lycanroc dashed at Marowak, and bit down hard, causing an explosion, that was able to knockout Marowak. However, Lycanroc then had an ominous aura around it. Kiawe then recalled his Pokémon.

"Well done Marowak. You performed admirably," Kiawe said, as he readied his next Pokeball, "Go, Arcanine!" he said, sending out a massive, canine Pokémon that looked like a larger form of Growlithe.

"Arcanine, the Legendary Pokémon, a Fire Type, and the evolved form of Growlithe. Stories are told of this Pokémon's great speed. It is said to be so fast, it looks like it's flying," Rotom explained.

"It's so beautiful!" Silver Spoon commented.

"Alright, if we have the first move again, then let's use Crunch again!" Toby said, Lycanroc attempted to use the attack, but was unable to, "What's wrong, Lycanroc?" Toby asked.

"I'll tell you. It's Marowak's ability; Cursed Body. It often disables the use of an attack if the attacker makes direct contact," Kiawe explained.

"I see! So Lycanroc can't use Crunch for a while," Will commented.

"Now then, let me make my move. Arcanine, use Iron Tail!" Arcanine then charged at Lycanroc with blinding speeds, striking the wolf Pokémon with it's metallic tail.

"Counter that Lycanroc!" Toby exclaimed. Lycanroc then delivered a powerful punch to Arcanine, sending it back. However, the Legendary Pokémon was still standing.

"Not bad. Using Counter to deal back all the damage Lycanroc took from Iron Tail is smart thinking," Kiawe commented.

"Thanks. I'm glad Lycanroc was able to take the attack," Toby commented. Lycanroc felt great pride in being praised like it was just then, "Now Lycanroc, use Stone Edge!" Toby instructed. Lycanroc then used the attack once more, which was able to deal a lot of damage to Arcanine, which the Fire Pokémon was unable to withstand, as it fell to the ground.

"Arcanine, no!" Kiawe said, rushing to his Pokémon's aid. Arcanine smiled at it's trainer, "You were great out there, old friend. Take a nice, long rest," Kiawe said, recalling his Pokémon, before turning to Toby, "Your Lycanroc has come a long way since I last saw it during the Fire Trial," Kiawe said.

"Thanks. We've had a lot of intense battles," Toby said.

"I can only imagine. But, I can't get ahead of myself here. Take this, all of you," Kiawe said, as he handed out Red Petals, "Now, for your next battle, you'll be heading to the Lush Jungle," Kiawe said.

"Ok. Thanks for the petals, Kiawe," Will said, as they all called their Air Ride Pokémon, and went to their next location.


Outside Lush Jungle,

"Been a while since we've been here," Fluttershy commented, as they entered the Jungle. Inside, they saw Mallow at fork in the path, looking around.

"Ok, doesn't look like anyone's here," they could hear her say, as she went down the right path in the fork.

"Maybe we're going to battle Mallow?" Silver Spoon pondered, as they followed after her. They arrived at the fork, when they heard Mallow screaming from down the path.

"What's happening?!" Toby questioned.

"I don't know, but we need to go help her!" Will said, as they dashed down the path. Eventually, they arrived at a clearing, where they saw Mallow, with a relaxed look on her face, with Captain Lana standing off to the side, with a look of amusement on her face.

"Ahh, that was amazing! Aromatherapy really does the trick!" Mallow commented, sounding relaxed.

"You sure look relaxed. So much so that you won't be shocked by the company we have now," Captain Lana commented.

"Yeah....." Mallow said. A moment later, she looked at her friend, "Wait, what?" she asked. Captain Lana then pointed to the four trainers. Mallow was startled by the sudden appearance of their friends, while Captain Lana merely chuckled, "What are you all doing here?!" Mallow yelled, sounding embarrassed.

"Uh.... we were told to come here after defeating Kiawe. We're taking Mina's Trial now," Will replied.

"Oh, that makes sense. Alright, Lana and I will battle two of you now. Which of you guys will take us on?" Mallow asked.

"I'll take one position," Silver Spoon said, stepping forward.

"How about you go too, Toby?" Fluttershy urged.

"Ok," Toby replied.

"We'll each use one Pokémon in a double battle format. Sound good?" Captain Lana asked.

"Fine by me," Silver Spoon replied.

"I'm good with it too," Toby replied.

"Ok, then here's my Pokémon, go Tsareena!" Mallow said, releasing a Tsareena of her own. It wasn't shiny like Toby's.

"As for me, I'll use Tentacruel!" Captain Lana said, releasing the Jellyfish Pokémon.

"A Grass Type and a Water/Poison type, huh? In that case, I'll go with Magnezone!" Silver Spoon said, releasing Magnezone.

"As for me, I'll go with Ninetails!" Toby said, releasing the Fox Pokémon.

"You both can have the first move," Captain Lana said.

"Thanks. Now, Magnezone, use Thunderbolt on Tentacruel!" Silver Spoon instructed. Magnezone fired off the electric attack at Tentacruel.

"Quick, use Protect!" Captain Lana said. A green barrier then appeared around Tentacruel, shielding it from Thunderbolt.

"Ninetails, use Extrasensory!" Toby instructed. Ninetails then used the psychic attack, which did a bit of damage to the Jellyfish Pokémon.

"Now Tsareena, use High Jump Kick on Magnezone!" Mallow said. Magnezone got blindsided by Tsareena's kick, which caused a lot of damage to the Magnet Area Pokémon, who was still in the battle.

"Tentacruel, use Hydro Pump on Ninetails!" Captain Lana said. Tentacruel then fired off a high pressured water blast at the Fox Pokémon.

"Double Team!" Toby quickly instructed. After images of Ninetails then began to appear, as Hydro Pump went through one copy, "Ok, now use Flamethrower on Tsareena!" Ninetails then fired off Flamethrower at Tsareena, who took a considerable amount of damage. As the attack died off, Tsareena then burst into flames.

"Tsk, Flamethrower caused Tsareena to get burned! But I have the solution. Now Tsareena, use Aromatherapy!" at Mallow's command, Tsareena then started letting of a pleasant smelling aroma, which looked to cure it of it's burn.

"Aromatherapy cures the status ailments of not only the one using it, but all Pokémon on the field, and in the trainer's party. Mallow was smart in using that move," Will commented.

"Toby, we should finish this off quickly!" Silver Spoon said, as she put the Electrium Z into her Z Power Ring.

"Good idea," Toby said, equipping Firium Z to his Z Power Ring. With that, both of them did the pose of Fire and Electric Type Z Moves.

"Blazing passion.... like a roaring fire! Set all obstacles ablaze with our passion! Now, use Inferno Overdrive!" Toby said, as Ninetails became enveloped in Z Power. Ninetails then created a massive all of fire, and fired it at Tsareena, causing a massive explosion.

"Invigorating energy..... the will of a thunderstorm! Now, channel all that power into one point! Use Gigavolt Havoc!" Silver Spoon exclaimed, as Magnezone became enveloped in Z Power. It then gathered up electricity into an arrow, and fired it at Tentacruel, causing another explosion. When the smoke cleared, both Tsareena and Tentacruel were knocked out.

"Aww man, you guys have gotten strong!" Mallow said, as she and Captain Lana recalled their Pokémon.

"Well, our Pokémon were doing all the heavy lifting. We were just giving instructions," Silver Spoon replied.

"And that's what she meant by having gotten stronger. Now, take these," Captain Lana said, as she and Mallow passed out Green and Blue petals.

"You next series of battles are going to take place on Ula'ula Island, and your first battle will be at the Hokulani Observatory," Mallow said.

"Ok. Thank you for the battle," Silver Spoon said, as they all left.

"Lana, could you have Araquaind use Bubblebeam on my back? I think that would feel lovely," Mallow said, as the two of them continued their makeshift spa treatment.


Later, at the Hokulani Observatory,

"It feels like forever since we were here last time," Toby commented, as they entered the observatory. There, waiting for them, was Sophocles and Molayne.

"So, you've all come," Sophocles commented, trying to sound confident.

"You're doing great Soffy. Just keep your cool," Molayne said to his cousin.

"Right. Now then, I presume you're all here for Mina's trial?" Sophocles asked.

"We are. And if you don't mind, I would like to be your opponent," Will said.

"Ok. Then let's take this outside," Sophocles suggested, as they all headed outside, into the parking lot, "We'll each use two Pokémon. That sound good?" Sophocles asked.

"Fine by me," Will replied.

"Ok, then I'll start things off with Manetric!" Sophocles said, sending out a Manectric.

"Manectric, the Discharge Pokémon, an Electric Type. Manectric is said to be found under unnatural thunderclouds. It can run as fast as lightning," Rotom explained.

"Ok, if that's his beginning Pokémon, then I'll go with Hariyama!" Will said, sending out Hariyama.

"You can have the first move," Sophocles commented.

"Thanks. Ok Hariyama, let's get things started with Bulk Up!" Will declared. Hariyama then bulked up some muscle, which then raised it's attack and defensive power, "Now, use Arm Thrust!" Hariyama then went on the attack, slapping Manectric back and forth.

"Manectric, use Thunder Fang!" at Sophocles' request, Manectric bit Hariyama with fangs covered in electricity. This caused Hariyama to become rather sluggish.

"One of the potential side effects of Thunder Fang is paralysis," Toby commented.

"True, but Hariyama's ability is Guts, which boosts attack power when it has a status ailment," Silver Spoon replied. And true to her word, Hariyama looked to gotten stronger.

"Alright, now use Brick Break!" Will instructed. Hariyama went to deliver a karate chop, when static around it hindered it's movement, "Tsk, paralysis is tricky to work around," Will commented.

"Alright Manectric, use Discharge!" Sophocles instructed. Manectric then fired of an electric attack that spread across the entire field, damaging Hariyama, "Now use Wild Charge!" surrounding itself in intensely high electric power, Manectric then charged into Hariyama, while sustaining damage itself. Hariyama was barely able to keep standing.

"Wild Charge is a power Electric attack, but it carries the same amount of risk as a Volt Tackle. Hariyama, try to use Bulldoze!" Will commented. Hariyama then stomped the ground, causing the ground around Manectric to become unstable, as the force of the attack was able to knockout the Discharge Pokémon. The victory was short lived, as Hariyama also fell in a knockout.

"Both are unable to battle!" Fluttershy commented, as they recalled their Pokémon.

"Not bad. You've done a lot of training since you were here last time," Sophocles commented, readying his next Pokeball.

"We've been getting that a lot today," Will said, as he readied his next Pokeball.

"Well, this match will be what clenches this match. Now, Electivire!" Sophocles said, releasing an Electivire.

"Electivire, the Thunderbolt Pokémon, an Electric Type, and the evolved form of Electabuzz. A single Electivire can provide enough electricity for all the buildings in a big city for a year," Rotom explained.

"Yikes. Would not want to be one the receiving end of one of those blasts," Silver Spoon shuddered.

"Alright, now, Marowak, let's go!" Will said, releasing Marowak.

"Alright, Electivire, use Thunderbolt!" Sophocles instructed. Electivire then blasted Marowak with the high powered electric blast, causing a massive explosion. When the smoke cleared, Marowak was fine, much to the confusion of the others. Toby then remembered something.

"I get it! Marowak's ability is Lightning Rod! It neutralizes all Electric Attacks, and raises Marowak's Special Attack power," he explained.

"Tsk, Marowak are a bit of a hassle with that ability. But how about something that isn't electricity based? Now Electivire, use Fire Punch!" Electivire's fist then became cloaked in flames, as it then went to attack Marowak.

"Dodge it, then use Bone Rush!" Marowak evaded Fire Punch, then went on to whack Electivire repeatedly with it's club until Electivire could take now more, and fell unconscious, "Nice work Marowak!" Will praised, as Sophocles recalled Electivire.

"You're way strong! Definitely not like last time you were here," Sophocles said, as he handed out Yellow Petals this time.

"You guys have one more battle to go through in order to face the Fairy Type Totem Pokémon," Molayne said.

"And for that battle, you'll be heading to the Aether House, at the southern end of the island," Sophocles said.

"Ok, thanks for the battle," Will said, as the four trainers called their Air Ride Pokémon, and flew off to the Aether House.

"Maybe the Kahuna will battle them, and use it as a Grand Trial," Sophocles commented.

"Maybe. There's no telling with that guy," Molayne shrugged.


Later, at the Tapu Village Pokémon Center,

The four trainers made their way to the Aether House, where their last opponent was waiting, "It's got to be Acerola. We've been battling Trial Captains all this time," Silver Spoon commented.

"Maybe. But we'll see soon enough," Will said, as they approached the Aether House. Outside, to their surprise was Guzma, but the Team Skull Emblem on his back was crossed out. He turned around to see the four Trainers, "Guzma? What are you doing here?" Will asked.

"Oh, it's you guys. I guess your trying to complete the last Trial on you Island Challenge, huh?" Guzma asked.

"We are. We're actually on our way to face our next opponent," Will replied.

"I see...… I used to hate the Island Challenge, on account that I wasn't chosen to be a Trial Captain, but I think it's high time I put that all aside, and start anew. Thanks to Hala, I'm working on the Island Challenge myself, in hopes of competing in the Pokémon League that Kukui was setting up," Guzma said.

"We're all trying to make it in ourselves. Though, it's thanks to our friends that we're making it so far," Toby replied.

"Friends, huh? It sure would be bothersome to have friends, but I guess it's that kind of stuff that what makes things better, right?" Guzma asked rhetorically.

"Indeed. But you have all kinds of friends already..... Plumeria, all of Team Skull, and your own team of Pokémon," Fluttershy said. Guzma took out a Pokeball, and looked at it.

"I guess you're right. Golisopod has been with me since I started out as a trainer. But anyhow, don't let me keep you from your next match," Guzma said, as he walked off. With that, the group entered the Aether House. Inside, they were greeted to an unusual sight. The same cop from Po Town that let them in was teaching the kids from before what looked to be a Z Move Pose. They leaned down, rose, and did a pouncing stance.

"Hmm. A bit shaky, but not bad," the cop commented. He then turned to see the group, and sighed, "So, you're all here for the final trial?" the cop asked.

"We are. Is Acerola in?" Will asked.

"No. She went out to do some shopping. Anyhow, I guess I can be your opponent. All you have to do is get a petal, right?" The cop asked.

"We're ok with that, but will Acerola mind?" Will asked.

"Nah. Besides, this is opportunity to do two tasks at once," the cop said, causing confusion among the four trainers, "To put it bluntly, this battle isn't just going to be for the last petal, but it'll also be your Grand Trial of Ula'ula Island," he stated.

"But, isn't the Kahuna of the island supposed to be the one we battle for that?" Silver Spoon asked.

"You see, this guy here is the Kahuna. The Dark Type Specialist, Nanu!" one of the kids declared, as Nanu scratched the back of his head.

"Whoa, I never pegged him for being the Kahuna!" Fluttershy commented.

"Yeah, it's a real pain, but I can't refuse the will of the Island Guardian. Any ways, let's get this over with. One of you will battle me three on three," Nanu replied.

"How about I take this one?" Toby volunteered.

"Fine by me," Will replied. Fluttershy and Silver Spoon nodded, as they all stepped outside. In the clearing, Toby and Nanu took their places.

"Alright kid, here's my first Pokémon.... go, Krokorok!" Nanu said, releasing a Pokémon that looked like a larger, bipedal Sandile.

"Krokorok, the Desert Croc Pokémon, a Ground and Dark Type. It buries some of its prey in the sand to use as emergency meals when its hunts are unsuccessful," Rotom explained.

"Ok, then my first Pokémon will be Turtonator!" Toby exclaimed, sending out the Blast Turtle Pokémon.

"Alright, let's get this over with. Krokorok, use Sand Attack," Nanu lazily said. Krokorok then hurled some sand at Turtonator, who turned it's head away to keep sand from getting in it's eyes.

"Nice work Turtonator, now use Flamethrower!" Toby instructed. Turtonator then fired off Flamethrower at Krokorok.

"Use Dig," Nanu said. Krokorok quickly burrowed underground, avoiding Flamethrower. Moments later, Krokorok resurfaced, striking Turtonator, "Since Dig is Ground Type Move, it does well against Turtonator, even with Dragon Typing," Nanu commented.

"Ok, if we can't hit it with ranged attacks, then maybe a direct attack will work. Turtonator, use Dragon Tail!" Toby instructed. Turtonator then charged, albeit slowly, at Krokorok, with it's tail glowing in a cyan color, and was able to strike Krokorok, who was then recalled back it's Pokeball, and replaced with a Sableye.

"What just happened?!" Silver Spoon questioned.

"See, Dragon Tail has an additional effect other than dealing damage. It can often force a Pokémon back to their Pokeball, and draw out a new one. Depending how it's used, it can either help or hinder your progress," Will explained.

"I see. Turtonator was weakened from that Dig attack, but Sableye is fresh as a daisy," Fluttershy commented.

"Sableye, the Darkness Pokémon, a Ghost and Dark Type. Sableye are often drawn to anything sparkly, including jewelry. For this, they are the natural predator of Carbink," Rotom explained.

"Well, if Turtonator is struggling, then I should recall it," Toby commented, getting Turtonator's Pokeball out.

"Oh no you don't. Sableye, use Mean Look," Nanu instructed. Sableye then shot a dark ring at Turtonator, surrounding the Blast Turtle Pokémon in a dark aura.

"Not good. Mean Look prevents a Pokémon from being able to switch out," Will commented, as Toby put Turtonator's Pokeball away.

"Ok, if we can't switch out, then we'll just have to keep this up for now. Turtonator, use Dragon Pulse!" Toby instructed. Turtonator then fired off the Dragon Type attack at Sableye, damaging the Darkness Pokémon.

"Not bad, but how will you deal with this? Now Sableye, use Shadow Claw!" Sableye's claws then became cloaked in shadow energy, as it charged at Turtonator.

"Perfect. Now Turtonator, use Shell Trap!" Toby instructed. Turtonator quickly turned it's back on Sableye. As Sableye slashed Turtonator, it came into contact with the spikes on the Fire Pokémon's shell, which caused it to explode. Sableye was just barely hanging on.

"Sableye, don't go getting cold feet on me now! Use Shadow Sneak, and keep out of Turtonator's firing range," Nanu instructed. Sableye then sank into the ground, becoming a shadow, as it charged at Turtonator, striking from various angles.

"Turtonator, use Dragon Tail on the ground!" Toby instructed. Turtonator then struck the ground with it's Dragon attack, which forced Sableye out of hiding, "Now, use Flamethrower!" Turtonator then blasted Sableye with Flamethrower, knocking it out in the process.

"Toby's up by one match!" Silver Spoon commented.

"Not only that, Mean Look's effect is now gone," Will replied, as Nanu recalled Sableye. He got his next Pokeball ready. He then released Krokorok again.

"Turtonator, do you want to take a break?" Toby offered. Turtonator nodded, as Toby recalled his Pokémon, "You were great out there. Now, for my next Pokémon, go Mawile!" Toby said, releasing Mawile.

"A matchup like this is pretty much a stalemate. Krokorok's Ground Type Moves are strong against Mawile, with it being a Steel Type. But by that same token, Mawile's Fairy Type moves are also good against Krokorok, being a Dark Type," Will commented.

"Not to mention, Krokorok took some damage when it battled Turtonator," Fluttershy added.

"Alright Mawile, let's get this started with Iron Head!" Toby instructed. Mawile then charged at Krokorok with Iron Head.

"Krokorok, use Mud Slap," Nanu instructed. Krokorok then slapped some mud at Mawile, stopping the Iron Head.

"Ok, maybe a direct approach won't work, then maybe a ranged attack would be better. Mawile, use Moonblast!" Toby instructed. Mawile gathered lunar energy, and fired it at Krokorok, striking the Desert Croc Pokémon, who was just barely able to keep standing.

"Krokorok, use Bulldoze," Nanu instructed. Krokorok then stomped the ground, causing the ground around Mawile to cause damage to the Deceiver Pokémon. But Mawile remained resilient for her Trainer.

"Alright Mawile, one more time, use Moonblast!" Toby instructed. Mawile once again fired Moonblast at Krokorok. This time, Krokorok was unable to withstand it, and fell unconscious. Nanu then recalled Krokorok, but didn't look too worried.

"You're good kid, but how are you going to deal with my ace Pokémon? Now, Persian, let's go!" Nanu said, releasing a gray, cat Pokémon, with a perfectly circular face, and a blue gem in the middle of it's forehead.

"An Alolan Persian?" Will questioned.

"Persian, Alola Form, the Classy Cat Pokémon, a Dark Type. This Pokémon is well liked among trainers for it's velvety fur. It tends to fight dirty in battle," Rotom explained.

"Even if it fights dirty, Mawile has the advantage, in terms of both defense and offense," Will commented.

"Ok Mawile, use Iron Head!" Toby instructed. Mawile then used Iron Head again, charging at Persian.

"Persian, use Fake Out when Mawile closes in," Nanu instructed. Persian waited until the last second, when it then clapped it's paws, startling Mawile, causing Iron Head to fail, "Now use Night Slash," Persian then slashed Mawile with it's glowing, purple claws. Mawile took a bit of damage, but was still standing.

"Nice, now use Moonblast!" Toby instructed. Mawile then began to charge up Moonblast, when.....

"Double Team," Nanu said. Afterimages of Persian then began appearing all over the battlefield. Mawile wasn't sure where to aim.

"Persian really is playing dirty!" Silver Spoon commented.

"No, it's a legitimate battle tactic among Dark Type Trainers. They'll use moves that make your own Pokémon Flinch or reduces their accuracy, or increasing their own evasiveness, so a combination of those three tactics. This is why only members of the Elite Four, like Karen, Sydney, or Grimsley are official Pokémon League Dark Type Specialists," Will explained.

"Double Team raises a Pokémon's evasiveness, but if it's a land Pokémon like Persian, then it needs solid ground to stand on. Mawile, aim Moonblast at the ground!" Toby instructed. Mawile was surprised at her orders, but chose not to question it, as she fired Moonblast on the ground, which caused all the Persian afterimages to disappear, "Now, Dazzling Gleam!" Mawile then fired off a dazzling light, which was able to inflict major damage to Persian.

"This isn't going to be good if this drags out. Persian, use Roar!" Nanu instructed. Persian then roared at Mawile, causing Mawile to return to it's Pokeball, and was replaced with Lycanroc.

"Nanu probably used Roar because Fairy Type Moves are strong against Persian. Lycanroc should be able to continue the battle from here," Will commented.

"Persian, let's get this one out of the way quickly," Nanu said, taking the Z Crystal from around his neck, and equipping it to his Z Power Ring.

"That's....!" Will exclaimed, as Nanu did the same movements he was teaching the younger kids from earlier.

"Now, let the light of Z Power swallow everything into darkness! Now, use Black Hole Eclipse!" Nanu said, as Persian became enveloped in Z Power. Persian then fired a small black orb into the sky, which then turned into a makeshift black hole, which sucked in Lycanroc. When the Wolf Pokémon made contact, the Black Hole exploded, and Lycanroc came crashing down, barely able to stand.

"Lycanroc, do you think you can keep this going?" Toby asked. Lycanroc nodded, smiling at it's trainer, "Alright Lycanroc, let's show them OUR power too!" Toby said, as he equipped the Lycanium Z to his Z Power Ring, and did the pose for Rock Type Z Moves, "Now, with the power of the moon, let the power of stone reign judgement down on our opponent! Lycanroc, use Splintered Stormshards!" Lycanroc, fueled by Z Power, then summoned several pointed rocks, which were then aimed at Persian from all angles. Lycanroc then lunged at Persian, with the rocks following after it. Lycanroc then skidded past Persian, leaving the Classy Cat Pokémon to take the full assault of all the rocks. This was able to finally knock Persian out, "Lycanroc, we won!" Toby cheered, as he hugged his Pokémon, who hugged back. Nanu then recalled Persian, and let out a bored sigh.

"Well, you got spunk kid, and that's what matters in a Pokémon Battle. These belong to all of you now," Nanu said, as he handed out not only four Purple Petals, but four Black Z Crystals with a moon like shape in the center, "This can count as your Grand Trial, so you all don't have to battle me one after the other. And you saw how I did the pose for the Dark Type Z Move, right? he asked.

"We did. Thank you for this," Will replied, as he and the others bowed to the Kahuna.

"Well, in any case, this completes all the Trials on Ula'ula Island, and lets you meet the requirements to face the Fairy Type Totem Pokémon," Nanu said, as he walked off.

"Well, what do you say guys? You feel ready to head back to Poni Island?" Will asked. All three of them nodded.

"Could we stop at the Pokémon Center first?" Toby suggested.

"Good call," Will replied, as they all called their Air Ride Pokémon, and flew back to Poni Island.


Back at the Seafolk Village,

Serenity was walking around the dock, seeing what was there to see. She made note of a large, floating restaurant Boat, that served something called "Ramen". She wasn't too sure what it was, but she heard the Fujiyama siblings talk about it, and figured it was a food of some kind. She looked back towards the Louds and Lincoln's friends, who were all laying about, waiting for the four trainers to come back. It was then that she spotted something on the horizon. Four somethings to be precise. Soon, they came into view, as the four trainers landed in front of the Pokémon Center. Serenity quickly made her way over to them, "Hello Serenity. I hope you weren't too bored by we were gone," Fluttershy said, hugging her daughter.

"N-No Mommy," Serenity replied. Soon, their friends from Royal Woods came over to greet them.

"So, how'd it go?" Lincoln asked.

"We battled five trial captains, and had the Ula'ula Grand Trial, or what the Kahuna figured was good enough for it," Toby replied, showing him the Darkinium Z they got.

"That's great, but I doubt it'll help in the battle with the Totem Pokémon," Lori commented.

"True. But before we head over, we're going to have our Pokémon healed up," Will said, as they all entered the Pokémon Center, "Nurse Joy, could you top off our Pokémon?" Will asked, as the four of them gave her their Pokeballs.

"Of course. You can count on me!" Nurse Joy replied, as she put each Pokeball into the healing machine.

"So, want to give us the run down on how your battles went down?" Lana asked.

"Well, first, Flora went up against Ilima on Melemele Island. He gave her some trouble with his Pokémon, but she was able to come through. Next, Toby faced Kiawe at Wela Volcano. He did have to battle a Hiker first, but he was able to triumph over both of them. Next, he and Sylvia battled Mallow and Captain Lana in the Lush Jungle, with a double battle. The two captains gave them some trouble, but they pulled through. Next, I faced Sophocles at the Hokulani Observatory. He and I were able to knock out both of our first Pokémon, but Marowak was able to win the match for me. We then went to the Aether House, where we thought Acerola was going to be our opponent. However, she was out shopping, so the Kahuna of Ula'ula Island took her place, and decided to make the battle the Grand Trial as well. Toby went up against him. He used a lot of tactics that are common amongst Dark Type specialists, including reducing the accuracy of Toby's Pokémon, increasing his Pokémon's evasiveness, and making Toby's Pokémon flinch to keep them from attacking," Will explained.

"Sound like you've all met some pretty interesting people," Girl Jordan commented, as the bell went off.

"Alrighty then. If you guys are all ready, let's go take on the Totem Pokémon," Will said, as the four trainers reclaimed their Pokeballs, and exited the Pokémon Center. They all made their way back over to Mina's houseboat, where she was waiting outside of it. She saw the four trainers.

"Were you able to get the petals?" she asked.

"We were," Will replied, as each trainer gave her the petals they gathered.

"Alright. Then I'll just borrow these for a moment," Mina said, as she got out some shadow boxes, and assembled the petals all into what looked to be a flower. Once she assembled all four flowers, she gave them back to the trainers, "Those Rainbow Flowers are proof that you've come far in the Island Challenge, and have cleared all the challenges put before you. And you've almost completed the Challenge. There is one last Totem Pokémon for you to face," Mina said, as the sound of fluttering could be heard. Something circled around the group, before stopping in front of them. It looked to be a bee like Pokémon with a brown scarf around it's neck, "And that is your final Totem Pokémon opponent! Totem Ribombee!" Mina declared.

"Ribombee, the Bee Fly Pokémon, a Bug and Fairy Type. Ribombee hate getting wet or rained on. On cloudy days, they are seldom seen," Rotom explained, as Totem Aura flared up around Ribombee.

"Alright guys, just as we planned!" Will said, releasing Marowak. Fluttershy released Probopass, Toby sent out a large, red scorpion like Pokémon, with massive claws, and Silver Spoon sent in her Haunter.

"I've never seen that Pokémon Toby sent out," Lori commented.

"Allow me to explain! Drapion, the Ogre Scorp Pokémon, a Poison and Dark Type. It's claws secrete a power poison that can turn a car into scrap metal. It's head can swivel 180 degrees around, so it has no blind spots," Rotom explained.

"I caught Drapion while we were in Ultra Space," Toby explained. Ribombee went on the offensive, firing off a Dazzling Gleam, which struck all of the opposing Pokémon. Thankfully, they were all resistant to the attack.

"Quick, Marowak, use Flame Wheel!" Will instructed. In the flaming wheel, Marowak charged at Ribombee, only for the Totem Pokémon to dodge effortlessly.

"Haunter, use Sludge Bomb!" Silver Spoon instructed. Haunter fired off Sludge Bomb, which was able to strike Ribombee, who remained floating.

"Alright Drapion, use Cross Poison!" Toby instructed. Drapion then slashed at Ribombee in an X formation, with it's claws being coated in poison. However, like Marowak, Drapion's attack missed it's mark. Ribombee then formed some cotton balls, and flung them at Drapion, damaging it.

"That's Ribombee's signature move, Pollen Puff!" Mina commented. Ribombee then called for aid, which came in the form of a fluffy, egg shaped Pokémon.

"Blissey?" Will questioned. Blissey wasted no time, going on the offensive, as it used a Brick Break attack on Probopass.

"Blissey may make things a lot tougher on us. Haunter, use Dark Pulse on Blissey!" Silver Spoon instructed. Haunter then fired the dark rings at Blissey, who tanked the attack with ease. It then used Psychic on Haunter, causing a lot of damage to the Ghost Pokémon. Blissey then used some kind of aura pulse that seemed to rejuvenate Ribombee.

"This isn't good. We need to deal with Blissey if we're going to have any chance of winning this Trial!" Will commented.

"I have an idea! Swap Marowak out for Hariyama, and I'll do the same with Drapion for Mawile," Toby whispered to him. Will caught onto the plan Toby had in mind. Both trainers recalled their Pokémon, and swapped them out for Hariyama and Mawile.

"Alright Hariyama, let's go!" Will said, as he began to do the pose for Fighting Type Z moves, "The true power of both people and Pokémon is a result of physical training! Now, to show the result of that training! Hariyama, use All Out Pummeling, now!" Will said, as Hariyama became enveloped in Z Power. It then began to unleash the Z Move on Blissey, which was able to knock it far to the other side of the island.

"Mawile, let's finish this too!" Toby said, as he did the pose for Steel Type Z Moves, "Forged in heat, ready to clear out all obstacles! Now, Mawile, use Corkscrew Crash!" Mawile became enveloped in Z Power, as it charged at Ribombee, in the form of a drill. It made contact, which made the Bee Fly Pokémon dizzy, before attacking it again from above. Mawile jumped clear of the explosion. When the smoke cleared, they were all amazed to see Ribombee was still fluttering.

"This Totem is even tougher than all the others we've faced!" Silver Spoon commented.

"True, but it looks like Corkscrew Crash did a number on it," Will replied, as Ribombee was panting.

"Let's try this! Probopass, use Rock Slide!" Fluttershy said, as Probopass flung several large rocks at Ribombee. This was able to knock it out for good.

"We won!" Silver Spoon exclaimed, hugging her boyfriend. Mina went to treat the Totem Pokémon.

"You did well, Ribombee. Now go have a nice long rest," Mina said, as Ribombee fluttered away, "As for you guys, I'm speechless. You were able to beat the Ribombee that I've trained up into such a powerful state. Well, in any case, take these with you," Mina said, giving each trainer a Pink Z Crystal with a fairy like symbol in the center, "This is Fairium Z, and to unleash the Fairy Type Z Move, Twinkle Tackle, you'll have to move like this," Mina said, as she demonstrated the Z Move Pose. First, she made a heart with her hands, then balancing herself on one foot, then looked like what a fluttering fairy would look like. Just then, Hapu and Hala came in to the group.

"So, you four have finally finished your last Trial, I see," Hala commented.

"Who's this guy?" Ronnie Anne whispered to Lincoln.

"That's Hala, the Kahuna of Melemele Island. He specializes in Fighting Types," Lincoln replied.

"So now, all y'all have to do is face me in the Grand Trial. And so you know, I don't plan to go easy on you," Hapu said, as she went to the dock that would head out to Exeggutor Island.

"Before she was crowned the Kahuna, we had Nanu deal with the Poni Island Grand Trial. But you lot, you all will be facing Hapu in her debut Grand Trial," Hapu commented, as he took his leave.

"Well, before we head to Exeggutor Island, let's go get our Pokémon healed up, and our teams changed up," Will suggested, as they all made their way back to the Pokémon Center.


At the Pokémon League Stadium,

While our heroes were getting ready to take on Hapu in her first Grand Trial, The Loud Parents, along with Rita's siblings, were helping set up for the tournament, "Hopefully, we can get a message out to our kids," Rita commented, as she and her husband were off loading some food supplies from a shipping freighter.

"If we can get some screen time on the cameras, we can send out a message on TV," Lynn Sr. replied.

"I hope so. I can only wonder how our kids have been since, well, you know," Rita said.

"Right. And not to worry, Rita. Once we find our kids, we'll be sure to give our daughters all the comfort they need, and Lincoln was he deserves as well," her husband replied. Meanwhile, a ways off, Ross and them were directing workers where to put the cargo. Once in a while, Ross would glance to his sister and brother in law.

"I hope those two know what they're going to do," he commented.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M)




Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Steelix (M), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M), Hawlucha (M)




Toby: Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Turtonator (M), Drapion* (M), Metagross* (N/A), Mawile (F),





Serenity: Lopunny (F), Vikavolt (M) Sylveon* (M), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)





Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Glaceon (F),






Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)







Lori: Skarmory (F)







Luna: Houndour (F)







Lynn: Gyarados (M)







Lucy: Sandile (F)







Lana: Minccinno (F)






Lisa: Elgyem (M)







In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M), Pumpkaboo (Large Size)(M), Yamask (F), Litwik (F), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Haunter (M),
Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Axew (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Meinfoo (F), Croagunk (M), Riolu (M), Dragonair (M), Barbaracle (M), Poipole (N/A)







Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F), Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Toucannon (F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Yamask (M), Litwik (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Haunter* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A)








Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Haunter (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Litwik (M), Duskull (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Yamask (F), Riolu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Axew (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Gible (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonair* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A)








Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Pachirisu* (F) Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A)







Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Blastoise (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), , Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Shroomish (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Elekid (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Litwik (M), Yamask (F), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A)





Totem Stickers So far: 97/100

PreviousChapters Next