• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 62: Start! Pokemon League First Round (Part 3)

The Next Day,

"For those of us joining us here today for the second round of the first ever, Alola Pokémon League, we have Sergey of Motostoke in the Galar region, going up against Ryuki, from parts unknown! Both trainers have already lost two Pokémon each, Sergey with a Pokémon called 'Duraludon', and Ryuki going at him with Hydreigon!" the announcer declared, as Ryuki had a black and blue, Dragon Pokemon with two heads at the end of each of it's arms, while Sergey had a Pokemon that looked like a walking cannon.

"Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon, a Dark and Dragon Type. Anything that moves is an enemy to this Pokemon. The heads on it's arms don't have brains," Fluttershy's Rotom Phone explained.

"Duraludon, the Alloy Pokemon, a Steel and Dragon Type. Because it's body rusts easily, it hates water, and never goes out in the rain," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"Alright, so who has the advantage here?" Girl Jordan asked.

"I would have to say Duraludon. Dark and Dragon Type moves aren't really effective against Steel Types, and Duraludon can use a Dragon Type to deal massive damage to Hydreigon. However, that's not to say that Ryuki may not have a plan up his sleeve," Will explained.

"Alright Hydreigon, let's do this!" Ryuki said, as he crossed his arms, activating his Z Power Ring, which was equipped with a Firium Z, "We'll blaze around and rock out with flamin' hot music! Now, channel that power into one point!" Ryuki said, as he did the Fire Type Z Move pose, enveloping Hydreigon in Z Power, "Use Inferno Overdrive!" Ryuki said, as Hydreigon summoned a massive ball of fire, and fired it at Duraludon. It made contact, which caused a massive explosion. When the smoke cleared, Duraludon was just barely still standing, "Tsk, should have figured a Z Move alone wouldn't be enough," Ryuki commented.

"Duraludon, use Metal Burst," Sergey said in a stoic voice. Duraludon then fired a ball of light at Hydreigon, causing the Brutal Pokemon to fall to defeat.

"Hydreigon is unable to battle, the winner is Duraludon, therefore, Sergey shall be moving on!" the referee declared.

"What was that?! Is that Duraludon really that powerful?!" Rusty exclaimed.

"Could be, but what you all just witnessed was Metal Burst, a move that deals back more damage than the user took," Will explained.

"I see," Rusty commented.

"Alright, onto out next match, we have Arnold from Fuchsia City, going up against Busujima from Hau'oli City!" the announcer declared, as both trainers entered the arena, as the battlefield changed to an ice battlefield. The majority of the audience booed and jeered at Busujima, who looked like he couldn't care less.

"Alright the next battle will now begin. Both trainers may use no more than three Pokemon, and three knockouts are required to win. Substitutions may be made at any time. Now, trainers, choose your Pokemon!" the referee declared.

"Alright, now, Machamp, let's do this!" Arnold said, sending out a Machamp.

"Salazzle, deal with this geek!" Busujima said, sending out his Salazzle.

"Alright, begin!" the referee declared.

"Machamp, let's start off with Focus Energy!" Arnold instructed. Machamp then started to glow blue.

"Focus Energy may help increase the chances for a Critical Hit, but Fighting Type Moves aren't very effective against Poison Types like Salazzle," Will commented.

"Salazzle, use Toxic!" Busujima ordered. Salazzle then fired the Poison attack at Machamp, which badly poisoned it, "Now, use Venoshock!" Salazzle then fired Venoshock at Machamp, which caused major damage.

"Poison Type moves aren't very effective on Fighting Types, but Venoshock had more power since Machamp was poisoned. And since it was Toxic that poisoned it, damage from it will increase over time," Will commented.

"Machamp, quick, use Earthquake!" Arnold instructed. Machamp then stomped the ground, sending a massive tremor at Salazzle, damaging the Toxic Lizard Pokemon immensely.

"Return!" Busujima said, recalling Salazzle.

"Since Salazzle is a Poison and Fire Type, Earthquake was super effective," Will commented.

"Alright, go Gengar!" Busujima said, sending out a Gengar.

"Gengar, the Shadow Pokemon, a Ghost and Poison Type. If you feel a sudden chill for no reason, Gengar is lurking nearby," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"Since Gengar is a Ghost Type, Machamp's Fighting Type Moves aren't going to work. Plus, with the Levitate Ability, Gengar is unaffected by Ground Type moves," Will commented.

"Gengar, use Psybeam!" Busujima ordered. Gengar then fired off the Psychic attack, which was able to take down Machamp.

"Machamp is unable to battle, the winner is Gengar!" the referee declared, as Arnold recalled Machamp.

"Alright, for Gengar, maybe this one. Go, Malamar!" Arnold said, sending out a Malamar.

"Malamar, the Overturning Pokemon, a Psychic and Dark Type. Malamar can hypnotize opponents with the luminescent spots on it's body. It is said that this hypnotic power played a role in certain history changing events," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"So, who has the edge in this matchup?" Zach asked.

"Malamar. Gengar is a Ghost and Poison Type, so it's a poor match against Malamar, whose a Psychic and Dark Type," Will explained.

"Well, are there moves that are good against Malamar?" Rhonda asked.

"Bug Type Moves are especially good against Malamar, as both Psychic and Dark Type Pokemon are weak to Bug Type moves," Will replied.

"Alright Malamar, use Psycho Cut!" Arnold instructed. Malamar then flung blades of psychic energy at Gengar.

"Quick, use Double Team!" Busujima ordered. Afterimages of Gengar then began appearing, as Psycho Cut went through one of the images, "Now, use Toxic," Gengar then fired Toxic at Malamar, badly poisoning the Overturning Pokemon.

"Not good. Malamar, return!" Arnold said, as he got out his Pokeball.

"I don't think so! Gengar, use Mean Look!" Gengar then fired a dark ring at Malamar, as a black aura surrounded it, preventing Arnold from recalling Malamar.

"Ok, so what's going on?" Ross asked.

"See, Mean Look is a move that prevents a Pokemon from switching out. So Arnold has to stick with Malamar until either it or Gengar is taken down," Will replied.

"And with Toxic in play, Malamar will take more damage from Poison status as the battle progresses," Toby commented.

"Now Gengar, use Shadow Ball!" Gengar then fired off Shadow Ball, which damaged Malamar quite a bit.

"Malamar, quick, use Night Slash!" Malamar then slashed at Gengar with Night Slash, only to miss. It was then that Toxic took it's toll on Malamar, as it fell to defeat.

"Malamar is unable to battle, the winner is Gengar!" the referee declared, as Arnold recalled Malamar.

"Now Arnold only has one Pokemon left, while Busujima still has all three of his. And one of them hasn't even battled yet," Liam commented.

"Alright. If poisoning my Pokemon is how you're going to battle, then how will you deal with a Pokemon that can't be poisoned? Now, Bisharp, let's go!" Arnold said, releasing a tall, bipedal Pokemon with red armor, and blades covering it's body.

"Bisharp, the Sword Blade Pokemon, a Dark and Steel Type. It leads a large group of Pawniard, and keeps a close eye on them, making sure none of them ever double cross it. Regardless of it's power, if the blade on it's head ever chips, it will retire from being the boss," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"Bisharp may be the turning point for Arnold. Steel Type Pokemon can't be, like, poisoned, right?" Leni asked.

"Normally, you would be right, but remember, Busujima still has Salazzle in play, and it has the ability Corrosion, which can let Salazzle poison Steel and other Poison Types as well," Will replied.

"Alright, Bisharp, use Swords Dance!" Arnold instructed. Bisharp then used the move, increasing it's Attack power, "Now, use Night Slash!" Bisharp then charged at Gengar, and slashed at Gengar, knocking out the Shadow Pokemon.

"Gengar is unable to battle, the winner is Bisharp!" the referee declared, as Busujima recalled Gengar.

"Alright, Salazzle, let's go!" Busujima said, sending out Salazzle, who was still weak from it's battle with Machamp, "Toxic, go!" Salazzle then fired off Toxic.

"Quick, dodge!" Arnold said. Bisharp then skillfully dodged Toxic, "Now, use Slash!" Bisharp then charged at Salazzle, and delivered a powerful slash, knocking out Salazzle.

"Salazzle is unable to battle, the winner is Bisharp!" the referee declared, as Busujima recalled Salazzle.

"Now they're all even!" Lynn commented.

"I got to admit, you got some real talent kid. But I'm not loosing this battle! I've saved my trump card for last! Now, go Salamence!" Busujima said, sending out a Salamence.

"Salamence, the Dragon Pokemon, a Dragon and Flying Type. Uncontrollable when enraged, it flies around, spewing fire and tearing things up with it's sharp claws. The wings on it's back are a result of a mutation in it's genes from a strong desire to fly," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"So his Shelgon evolved since the last time we saw him," Will commented.

"So, who has the upper hand this time?" Rachel asked.

"Bisharp has the edge in terms of defense, as neither Dragon or Flying Type moves are very effective on it, being a Steel Type. However, Salamence can use Fire, Fighting, and Ground Type Moves that Bisharp is weak against.

"I'm not loosing this battle! Let's power up with Swords Dance again!" Arnold instructed. Bisharp once again used Swords Dance, powering up even further, "Alright, let's do this!" Arnold said, as he did the pose for Rock Type Z Moves, enveloping Bisharp in Z Power, "Now, use Continental Crush!" Arnold exclaimed, as Bisharp leapt into the air, and formed a massive boulder.

"Let's counter with a Z Move too!" Busujima said, doing the pose for Dragon Type Z Moves, enveloping Salamence in Z Power, "Now, use Devastating Drake!" Busujima ordered. Salamence then fired a dragon like projectile at Continental Crush, cancelling out both Z Moves, "My Salamence has exceptionally high Attack Power. Did you think one Z Move like that would work?" Busujima taunted, as Arnold stood there, just as stunned as the audience, "Now, Salamence, use Fire Blast!" Salamence then fired of some flames, which took a humanoid shape, as it crashed into Bisharp, knocking it out.

"Bisharp is unable to battle, the winner is Salamence, therefore, moving on will be Busujima!" the referee declared. Both Busujima and Arnold recalled their Pokemon and left the arena.

"Well, now we have Busujima going on to the next round, where he will be facing Sergey for the Victory Tournament! But before any of that, we have two more battles to get through! And first up is Will from Mahogany Town in the Johto Region, going up against Molayne!" the announcer declared.

"Looks like I'm up next," Will said, getting up out of his seat.

"Good luck out there," Fluttershy called out.

"Thanks!" Will called back.

"So, this Molayne guy, what's his story?" Ross asked.

"Molayne was the former Trial Captain for the Hokulani Observatory. He specializes in Steel Types," Toby replied.

"Ok, so what Pokemon does Will have that are good against Steel Types?" Randy asked.

"He has Fighting Types, like his Hariyama, and Fire Types like his Marowak, which can also use Ground Type Moves," Silver Spoon replied, as both trainers entered the arena, as it switched out to a sand battlefield.

"The next battle shall now get under way! You both already know the rules. Only three Pokemon max, and the battle will keep going on until all of either sides Pokemon can no longer battle, and substitutions may be made freely," the referee declared.

"Alright, let's do this, Hariyama!" Will said, sending out Hariyama.

"Ok, in that case, Skarmory, go!" Molayne said, sending out a Skarmory.

"That Skarmory looks stronger than yours, Lori," Lana commented.

"Not to mention it has an advantage over Hariyama, being a Flying Type," Lisa added.

"Alright, begin!" the referee declared.

"Return, Hariyama!" Will said, recalling Hariyama, and pulling out another Pokeball, "Go, Magmortar!" he said, releasing Magmortar.

"Good call. Magmortar has tons of Fire Type attacks," Toby commented.

"Now Magmortar, use Will O Wisp!" Will instructed. Magmortar then fired off the bluish white flame at Skarmory, which caused the Armor Bird Pokemon to burst into flames.

"Burn Status not only deals a small amount of damage as the battle goes on, but it also reduces attack power," Toby commented.

"Skarmory, stay strong, and use Spikes!" Molayne instructed. Skarmory then sent several projectiles into the ground on Will's side of the battlefield.

"Doesn't look like Spikes did anything," Girl Jordan commented.

"Allow me to explain! Spikes, a Ground Type Move. When the opponent sends out a new Pokemon, this move deals damage to that Pokemon," Rotom explained.

"In other words, it's a trap move," Clyde commented.

"Alright, then I'll just have to limit how much I swap out my Pokemon. Now Magmortar, use Flamethrower!" Magmortar then shot off Flamethrower, causing more damage to Skarmory, who remained resilient.

"Nice resolve Skarmory, now use Air Slash!" Molayne instructed. Skarmory then flung a number of blades of air at Magmortar, who tanked the attacks, "Now, use Toxic!"

"Uh oh! Magmortar, quick use Protect!" Will instructed. Magmortar then formed a green barrier, just as Toxic was fired, "Now, use Flamethrower, once more!" Magmortar then used Flamethrower again, knocking out Skarmory.

"Skarmory is unable to battle, the winner is Magmortar!" the referee declared, as Molayne recalled Skarmory.

"You did great, old friend. Now then, for my second Pokemon, I think this one will do!" Molayne said, sending out a Dugtrio.

"Dugtrio is going to be trouble. Fire Types like Magmortar are weak against Ground Type Moves," Lincoln commented.

"True, but Dugtrio is also a Steel Type, so Fire Type moves are good against it," Lucy replied.

"Magmortar, use Will O Wisp!" Will instructed. Magmortar then fired off Will O Wisp.

"Don't think so. Dugtrio, use Dig!" Molayne instructed. Dugtrio then burrowed underground, dodging Will O Wisp. Moments later, it erupted from the ground, striking Magmortar. However, this caused Dugtrio to burst into flames still.

"What happened? I saw Dugtrio dodge Will O Wisp," Zach commented.

"It must be Flame Body, Magmortar's ability. It can sometimes inflict Burn Status to opponents that make direct contact," Toby replied.

"Ok, so Dugtrio got burned anyway, but isn't Dig a Ground Type move?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"It is, so Magmortar took a lot of damage from it," Toby replied.

"Alright Magmortar, use Flamethrower!" Will instructed. Magmortar then shot off Flamethrower.

"I don't think so. Dugtrio, dig once more!" Molayne instructed. Dugrtio then burrowed underground again.

"Aim Flamethrower into the hole!" Will instructed. Magmortar did just that, blasting Flamethrower into the hole, which was able to flush out Dugtrio.

"Quick Dugtrio, use Mud Bomb!" Molayne instructed. Dugtrio then fired a large ball of mud at Magmortar, just as the burn it received earlier finally took down Dugtrio. However, Mud Bomb still hit Magmortar, knocking it out as well.

"Both Dugtrio and Magmortar are unable to battle!" the referee declared, as both trainers recalled their Pokemon.

"You were great out there Magmortar," Will commended, as he got out his second Pokeball, while Molayne readied his third and final one.

"Alright, this is my last chance to win. But this last Pokemon can handle anything he can throw at me. Now, Metagross, let's go!" Molayne exclaimed, sending out his own Metagross. Unlike Toby's, Molayne's Metagross was blueish grey, with a large, white X on it's face.

"Metagross? But it looks different than yours, Toby," Girl Jordan commented.

"You're right. My Metagross is a Shiny Pokemon. That's how a normal Metagross looks," Toby replied.

"Alright. Marowak, let's do this!" Will said, sending out Marowak.

"Since Marowak is a Ghost and Fire Type, it has the advantage over a Steel and Psychic Type, like Metagross," Toby commented.

"And it also helps that Marowak can use Ground Type moves too," Fluttershy added.

"Alright Marowak, let's start things off with Flame Charge!" Will instructed. Marowak, coated in flames, then slammed into Metagross, while getting faster, "Alright, now use Bonemerang!" Marowak then chucked it's club at Metagross.

"I don't think so. Metagross, use Protect!" Molayne instructed. A green barrier then appeared around Metagross, as the Bonemerang bounced off, "Now we'll use Iron Defense," Molayne said. Metagross' body then turned more metallic in color, as it glowed red.

"Iron Defense raised Metagross' Defensive Power," Lincoln commented.

"Now, we'll use Shadow Ball!" Molayne declared, as Metagross fired off Shadow Ball, that made contact with Marowak.

"Since Alolan Marowak are Ghost Types, Shadow Ball was super effective," Will commented.

"Indeed, and we're not finished just yet, now Metagross, use Shadow Ball, once more!" Metagross then fired off another Shadow Ball, striking and taking down Marowak.

"Marowak is unable to battle, the winner is Metagross!" the referee declared, as Will recalled Marowak.

"Now all Will has left is Hariyama, which isn't good against Metagross, being a Fighting Type," Fluttershy commented, as Will sent out Hariyama.

"Hariyama may have not taken any damage during the match, but one Psychic type Move could ultimately decide this match. Alright Hariyama, let's start off with Focus Energy!" Will instructed. Hariyama then began to glow yellow.

"So, what's happening now?" Rhonda asked.

"Focus Energy. It's a move that boosts a Pokemon's chance of landing a Critical Hit," Silver Spoon replied.

"Probably a good move on Will's part. Metagross is a Psychic Type, which is not a good match up for the Fighting Type Hariyama," Luna added.

"Alright Hariyama, use Fire Punch!" Hariyama then charged at Metagross, and landed a powerful fiery punch, causing a lot of damage to Metagross.

"Hang strong Metagross, use Zen Headbutt!" Metagross then retaliated with a headbutt, infused with Psychic energy, which also caused major damage to Hariyama.

"Let's finish this in one move Hariyama!" Will said, as he equipped his Z Ring with Groundium Z, and did the pose for Ground Type Z Moves, "With power from the land, split the earth apart, and swallow up our foe!" Will chanted, as Hariyama became enveloped in Z Power, "Use Tectonic Rage!" Hariyama then slammed the battlefield with it's massive palm, splitting it apart, which caused Metagross to fall into the trench. Hariyama then followed after Metagross, slamming into the Iron Leg Pokemon, causing a massive explosion that force Metagross out of the trench, knocked out, while Hariyama landed on the other side of the battlefield, just as the trench closed up.

"Metagross is unable to battle, the winner is Hariyama! Therefore, moving on will be Will!" the referee declared.

"Nicely done Hariyama," Will commended.

"You were great Metagross, now take a well deserved rest," Molayne said, as he recalled his Pokemon, "Congrats on your win, Will. Kukui definitely knows some strong trainers," Molayne said.

"Thanks. You really made me work for that win," Will said, as both trainers shook hands, and left the arena.

"Now that's a true display of sportsmanship, ladies and gentlemen! Anyhow, for our next battle, which will be the final match of the First Round, we have Sylvia, a trainer also hailing from Mahogany Town, going up against Gladion, from parts unknown," the announcer declared.

"Well, here goes nothing. Wish me luck guys," Silver Spoon said.

"Good luck, Sylvia," Toby said, sharing one quick kiss with his girlfriend, as she left for the arena. Will then rejoined the group.

"Alright, so who has the edge in this battle?" Ross asked.

"Sylvia has a pretty good line up on her, but Gladion has a lot of strong Pokemon on him. Most powerful of his Pokemon is a Synthetic Pokemon called 'Type: Null'," Will explained, as both trainers entered the arena, which had changed to a town square battlefield.

"Now, the last match for the first half of the first round of the Alola Pokemon League will now begin! You both know the rules! Only three Pokemon allowed, and the battle will be over when all of either trainer's Pokemon can no longer continued. Substituions may be made at any time during the battle!" the referee declared.

"My first Pokemon shall be the fastest flier of the nighttime sky, Crobat!" Gladion said, sending out a four winged bat.

"Crobat, the Bat Pokemon, a Poison and Flying Type. Both of it's legs have become wings. As a result, it's not very good at moving on the ground. The best it can do is crawl," Rotom explained.

"As for my Pokemon, I'll go with Glaceon!" Silver Spoon said, sending out her Glaceon.

"Alright, begin!" the referee declared.

"Crobat, use Cross Poison!" Gladion instructed. Crobat then swooped down at Glaceon.

"Quick, use Double Team!" Silver Spoon instructed. After images of Glaceon then began appearing, as Crobat swooped past one of them.

"Use Air Cutter!" Gladion instructed. Crobat then flung several blades of air across the battlefield, striking the after images of Glaceon.

"Now, use Mirror Coat!" Glaceon's coat then became reflective, as one of the blades bounced off of Glaceon, and went back at Crobat with twice the force.

"What was that?" Luan asked.

"Mirror Coat, a Psychic Type Move. If the user takes damage from a Special Attack, the move returns double the damage the user took," Rotom explained.

"Great! Now let's use Ice Beam!" Silver Spoon instructed. Glaceon then fired off Ice Beam at Crobat, who was still reeling from Mirror Coat, striking the bat Pokemon, sending it down to defeat.

"Crobat is unable to battle, the winner is Glaceon!" the referee declared, as Gladion recalled Crobat.

"Alright, now then, I call upon Lycanroc to show it's crimson glare!" Gladion said, sending out a Mignight Form Lycanroc.

"Whoa, that looks like your Lycanroc, Toby!" Leni commented.

"Gladion must've caught his own Lycanroc since we saw him last time," Will commented.

"Rock Type Pokemon have the edge over Ice Pokemon, but we'll see how Sylvia's strategy plays out," Lincoln commented.

"Glaceon, use Iron Tail!" Glaceon then charged at Lycanroc, it's tail turning metallic.

"Counter," Gladion said. Lycanroc then allowed Iron Tail to hit, then delivered a powerful punch, which sent Glaceon into the wall behind Silver Spoon, knocked out.

"Glaceon is unable to battle, the winner is Lycanroc!" the referee declared, as Silver Spoon recalled Glaceon.

"So, what was that?" Liam asked.

"Counter. It's a Fighting Type move that works the same way as Mirror Coat, except a Physical Attack is needed," Will explained.

"Alright, now, Azumarill, let's go!" Silver Spoon said, releasing her Azumarill.

"Water type moves are good against Rock Pokemon," Will commented.

"Alright Azumarill, lets start things off with Bubblebeam!" Silver Spoon instructed. Azumarill then fired Bubblebeam, which seemed to damage Lycanroc a lot.

"Lycanroc, quick, use Rock Slide!" Gladion instructed. Lycanroc then hurled a bunch of large boulders at Azumarill, damaging the Aqua Rabbit Pokemon.

"Hang strong Azumarill! Use Surf!" Azumarill gathered it bearings, and then summoned a giant wave, that swamped the entire battlefield, striking Lycanroc, knocking it out.

"Lycanroc is unable to battle, the winner is Azumarill!" the referee declared, as Gladion recalled Lycanroc. Despite being out two Pokemon, while Silver Spoon still had two, Gladion didn't look too worried.

"Alright, now you will face the beast wo has broken the shackles of it's power! Now, Silvally, let's go!" Gladion said, releasing what looked to be Type: Null, but it's head looked to be similar to that of a bird like creature.

"What is that thing?!" Lori exclaimed.

"That body...... doesn't it look like Type: Null?" Lincoln questioned. His sisters and their Ponyville friends all took a closer look at Silvally, and realized he was right.

"That Pokemon.... it's Type: Null, right?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Yes. This is Null's true form, now free from the mask that shackled it's power. It is now Silvally," Gladion replied.

"I see. Well, it may not have that mask anymore, but I am still going to try to defeat it! Now Azumarill, use Play Rough!" Silver Spoon instructed. Azumarill then began charging at Silvally.

"Crush Claw," Gladion said. Both of Silvally's front legs started glowing red, as it then slashed Azumarill, which ended up defeating it.

"Azumarill is unable to battle, the winner is Silvally!" the referee declared, as Silver Spoon recalled Azumarill.

"That was way strong! Good thing you're on my team, now lets go, Gallade!" Silver Spoon said, releasing Gallade. She then took out a charm from around her neck, adorned with a Key Stone, "If you're coming at me with your full power, then I'll come at you with my full power too!" Silver Spoon said, tapping her Key Stone, which then reacted with Gallade's Mega Stone, "Now, MEGA EVOLVE!" Silver Spoon exclaimed. Gallade then began to Mega Evolve. The blades on its arms became sharper, and grew red blades as well. It also got a cape like growth from behind it.

"Well, that's quite a show of power. In that case, to the restore beast, Silvally, accept this Fairy Memory, and become the mystical beast that enchants the battlefield!" Gladion said, tossing a pink disc like object at Silvally. A cylinder like device opened up, allowing the disc to enter. Once the cylinder closed, Silvally's crest and tail fin turned pink.

"My analysis indicates that Silvally has turned into a Fairy Type," Rotom commneted.

"That's bad news for Sylvia, but well see if Silvally can truly stand up to Mega Evolution," Will replied.

"Gallade, use Psycho Cut!" Silver Spoon instructed. Gallade then started flinging blades of psychic energy at Silvally, who tanked the attack.

"Air Slash!" Gladion instructed. Silvally then retaliated with Air Slash, which seemed to damage Gallade quite a bit.

"Alright, then how about this? Gallade, use Swords Dance!" Silver Spoon instructed. Gallade then used Swords Dance, and powered up, "Now, use Leaf Blade!" Gallade then used Leaf Blade, which did quite a bit of damage to Silvally.

"Alright Silvally, use Multi Attack!" Gladion instructed. Both of Silvally's claws began glowing pink, and then it slashed at Gallade, knocking it out, reverting to it's normal form.

"Gallade is unable to battle, the winner is Silvally! Therefore, the victor of this match is Gladion!" the referee declared. Silver Spoon went to check on Gallade.

"Hey Gallade, are you ok?" she asked. Gallade smiled at his trainer.

"Mega Evolution was truly a challenge. You clearly raised Gallade quite well," Gladion said to Silver Spoon.

"Thanks. Though I mostly relied on Poke Pelago to help raise Gallade's level," Silver Spoon replied.

"Either way, you and your Pokemon are definitely a force to be reckoned with," Gladion said, recalling Silvally, before exiting the arena.

"Man, tough break for Sylvia," Girl Jordan commented.

"Silvally may prove to be more formidable than Type: Null ever was," Will commented, as they saw Silver Spoon recall Gallade, and exit the arena.

"I'd better go check on her," Toby said, getting out of her seat, followed by his mother and sister.

"And with that, the first half of the first round is concluded! Now we'll announce the matchups for the second half! And here they are!" the announcer declared, as images of the other sixteen trainers appeared on the jumbotron, "Our first match is pitting Captain Mina against Guzma! Next we have Reji vs Toby! Next is Chaz VS Cletus! Byakko VS. Ruby! Amy VS Delilah! Captain Kiawe vs Captain Sophocles! Hau VS Plumeria! Then for the last match, we have Diego going up against Leo!" the announcer declared.

"A lot of interesting match ups," Lori commented.

"But who's this Reji guy that Toby will face?" Leni asked.

"I don't know. But maybe the captains will know something," Lincoln theorized, as they all left their seats as well.


At the Pokemon Center,

"We'll have our Pokemon back in perfect shape in no time, Sylvia," Nurse Joy said, as she took Silver Spoon's Pokeballs.

"Thank you," Silver Spoon said, as she went to sit down on a nearby couch. She was a little bummed about being eliminated, but she didn't let it bother her. Lynn's behavior prior to Ula'ula Island was a good example of what NOT to do after a loss. It was then that she saw her boyfriend and his family enter the Pokemon Center.

"Hey Sylvia. How are you feeling?" Toby asked, sitting next to his girlfriend.

"Truthfully, still a little down, but I don't really feel all that bad about loosing," Silver Spoon replied.

"That Silvally Gladion used..... it may be the most troublesome opponent any of us will face," Fluttershy commented.

"Rotom did say that using that disc Gladion used turned it into a Fairy Type," Toby added.

"A Pokemon that can change it's type, just like that? Is something like that even possible?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Let me see," Toby said, pulling out his Rotom Phone. He punched a few keys into the search bar. In a moment, something popped up, "Looks like there is only one recorded Pokemon said to be able to change it's type. It's called Arceus," Toby said, showing them a picture of a quadruped Pokemon with a gold ring around its midsection.

"Hmm, I wonder..... Since Type: Null was a man made Pokemon, Silvally must be the same way, and must have been equipped with something that makes it like this Pokemon," Silver Spoon wondered.

"It's possible," Toby replied.

"Well, if that's the case, then we need to be prepared if any of us are to go up against Gladion," Will said, as he joined the group. It was then they all felt someone stalking them from behind the wall, like a snake in the grass. They looked around, but found no one.

"Did you guys feel that?" Toby asked.

"Yeah. Felt like some creep was checking us out," Silver Spoon shivered.

"By the way, shouldn't we find the captains and ask about Toby's opponent tomorrow?" Fluttershy asked.

"The announcer said I was going up against someone named 'Reji'," Toby commented.

"Well, let's go ask around," Will said.

"I'll stay here and wait for my Pokemon," Silver Spoon said. With that, the four other trainers left to find at least one of the captains and ask them about Reji.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Magmortar (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M),








Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Hawlucha (M), Absol (F), Torterra (M), Steelix (M), Camerupt (F)








Toby: Turtonator (M), Metagross* (N/A), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M)








Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)











Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),








Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)








Lori: Skarmory (F)







Leni: Milotic (F)






Luna: Houndour (F)







Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)






Lynn: Gyarados (M)







Lucy: Sandile (F)








Lana: Minccinno (F)








Lola: Frillish (F)







Lisa: Elgyem (M)







In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Arcanine (M), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Mimikyu (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M)








Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Golem (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Gengar* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Crabominable (M)







Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Scizor (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxray (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Mawile (F), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Meltan (N/A), Heracross (M), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F)










Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)








Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next