• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 85: The First Alola Region Champion!

Smoke continued to billow out from the battlefield, leaving the outcome to remain a mystery, "Ladies and gentlemen, I am unable to see through that thick cloud of smoke, but something tells me the outcome is still in the air!" the announcer stated.

"Which one could've withstood that blast?" Girl Jordan asked.

"Hard to say without knowing much about Mega Evolution. All we can do is speculate based on the types of the Pokemon and the moves they used," Lincoln replied.

"Metagross is a Steel and Psychic type, and it was using Meteor Mash, and has the Ability Tough Claws as Mega Metagross. Salamence is a Dragon and Flying Type, and was using Dragon Rush, and has the ability Aerialate as Mega Salamence," Will explained.

"Dragon Type Moves aren't very effective on Steel Types, and Steel Types do a normal amount of damage to Dragon Types," Nathan commented, as the smoke finally dissipated. Both Pokemon were battered, and just barely able to stay airborne.

"Unbelievable! Both Pokemon may be battered, but they're still in the fight! The next attack could decide it!" the announcer declared. Busujima then started laughing.

"Oh man, this next attack will be what decides it! Then I will be the Alola Region's First Champion!" Busujima proclaimed.

"Don't count Metagross or me out yet," Toby said. Despite his words, Metagross seemed to have fallen to the ground, struggling to get back up.

"No!" Silver Spoon exclaimed.

"C'mon Metagross! You can still fight!" Luan called out.

"This ends here! Now Salamence, use Flamethrower!" Busujima ordered. Salamence prepared to fire off Flamethrower, when it fell to the ground as well, and it struggled to get back up, until it completely collapsed, and reverted back to normal, having been defeated. Kukui then went over to check it out.

"Salamence is unable to battle, the winner is Metagross! Therefore, the victor, and First Champion of the Alola Region is Toby Mason!" Kukui declared. Silence was all that was heard in the stadium, as everyone took a moment to process this information, before they erupted into a frenzy of cheers. Metagross then reverted back to normal.

"Metagross! Are you alright?" Toby exclaimed, running up to his Pokemon. Metagross grunted, indicating it was alright. Busujima approached Salamence. At first, he glared down at his Pokemon, but then knelt down.

"You did great, Salamence. Take a long rest," Busujima said, recalling his Pokemon. He then looked towards Toby, "I guess you were right. Incineroar and Tsareena have truly become strong, and maybe compassion does help with training Pokemon, if only a little bit," Busujima admitted, before heading out of the arena. He then stopped, just before exiting, he then turned back around, "Just don't let it go to your head. Other's are bound to come after your crown," he said, before leaving.

"Congratulations on achieving the esteemed title of First Ever Alola Region Champion," Kukui said, approaching Toby, "Now that you've earned the title, we're going to have a big party tonight to celebrate this accomplishment," he said.

"Thank you, Professor. Perhaps my aunt Penny can help out with the preparations?" Toby asked, pointing to the stands where his family and friends were at.

"Of course! We'll get things started right away," Kukui said.


Later, that night,

Everyone who was there for the tournament, either trainers or spectators, were all enjoying the party that was being held in honor of Toby's accomplishment in winning. Will was catching up with the other Champions from the other regions, the other kids of Equestria were enjoying the food provided by the tournament officials, along with the Louds, and the friends they've all made in Alola, "Attention everyone!" everyone turned to the stage, where Lusamine and Kukui were standing, "As per the traditions of other region's Pokemon Leagues, we now present our first champion with coveted Alola Pokemon League Award!" Lusamine said, as she presented Toby with a big trophy, "You have truly earned this, Toby."

"Thank you for this honor," Toby said.

"And without further ado, we'll now admit Toby and his team into the Hall of Fame, where they shall be remembered for all time," Kukui said, as a machine similar to that of what's in the Pokemon Centers was wheeled out. Toby then placed each of his Pokeballs into the machine. On the big jumbotron, they saw each of Toby's Pokemon appearing, along with Toby himself, "And with that, you are now the first trainer ever to be admitted into the Hall Of Fame, as the first Champion of Alola!" Kukui declared.

"Thank you for everything," Toby said respectfully, as his Pokemon all let themselves out of their Pokeballs, and joined their trainer.

"This is an accomplishment to be proud of, Toby," Will said to the young man.

"We all are," Fluttershy said.

"Thank you guys," Toby said, as he and the others joined the party themselves.

"You know, Toby, if you want, you can one last, exhibition battle with any one of the other Regional Champions," Toby turned to see Leon and the other champions standing before him and his friends.

"An exhibition battle?" Toby asked.

"Indeed. Basically, you'd battle one of us in a one on one match," Cynthia explained.

"And you don't have to worry about your title being taken in the event of a loss. You've already been crowned Champion and it has been recorded," Wallace stated.

"So, take you pick! Who would you like to battle against?" Iris asked. Toby looked around at them, before making up his mind.

"Leon, could I try my hand at battling you?" Toby asked.

"Hmm, I don't see why not. Charizard has been itching for a battle since arriving in Alola," Leon said.

"Of course, you won't be able to Gigantamax Charizard here, you know that," Lance said.

"Eh, it doesn't matter. All that matters is having a Champion time!" Leon said, striking his trademark pose.

"Alright! An exhibition battle!" Josh exclaimed, as everyone went to the stands, while Toby and Leon remained on the battlefield.

"You already know who my choice is. Come out, Charizard!" Leon said, sending out his partner, Charizard, who roared loudly, "Alright Charizard, we won't be able to Gigantamax here, but we're going to still battle all out!" Leon declared.

"Ok, in that case, for Charizard, my choice will be Lycanroc!" Toby said, as Lycanroc ran up into the battlefield.

"Alright, you both know the rules of this battle! You're only allowed the use of the Pokemon you've selected, with no substitutions. If you both are ready, then begin!" Kukui declared, as the battle commenced.

Author's Note:

Final Teams
Will: Aggron (M), Crawdaunt (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Garchomp (F), Mimikyu (M) Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M), Barbaracle (M), Arcanine (M), Magmortar (F)), Decidueye (M)

Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Absol (F), Steelix (M), Toucannon (F), Gengar* (M) Smeargle (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Camerupt (F), Torterra (M), Alolan Golem (M), Probopass (M), Hawlucha (M), Crabominable (M)

Toby: Tsareena* (F), Incineroar (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Metagross* (N/A), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Gardevoir*(F), Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M), Goodra (F), Espeon (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Meltan (N/A), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Mawile (F), Heracross (M), Scizor (M), Alakazam (m), Luxray (M), Charizard (M), Empoleon (M)Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Delphox (F), Ninetails (F), Noivern (M)

Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F) Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)

Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M), Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)

Lori: Skarmory (F)

Leni: Milotic (F)

Luna: Houndoom (F)

Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)

Lynn: Gyarados (M)

Lucy: Krokorok (F)

Lana: Minccinno (F)

Lola: Jellicent (F)

Lisa: Beheeyem (M)

PreviousChapters Next