• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: Ring Around the Poke Ringer!

Looking around the rocky terrain, our heroes were unable to find a more easier to navigate route, as they came up to a field of spiked rocks, "Looks like this is the only path along this route," Luna commented.

"And we can't risk trying to step around those rocks. If we loose our balance, then, well, you get the idea," Lincoln commented.

"Maybe I can be of some help?" they turned to see Hapu and Mudsdale, "I was planning to give this to you back in Malie City, but I was just taken aback by how lovely that Lillie girl looked. Here, let me see your Ride Pagers," Hapu requested. The five trainers then gave her their Pagers. After a few moments, she gave them back, "There you go. I registered Mudsdale into your Pagers. You can use Mudsdale to get across terrain like that," Hapu said, eyeing the sharp rocks.

"It won't hurt the Mudsdale, will it?" Fluttershy asked.

"Not at all. Their hooves are very hard, so you needn't worry about that," Hapu said, as she then took her leave.

"Well, at least now that's taken care of," Will said, before remembering how big the Loud Family was, "Ok, this may be a tad tricky. We'll all probably need to buddy up. Try to pair up with no more than three people at a time," Will suggested, as the five of them brought out five Mudsdale. And that, they did. Lori, Luna, and Lynn paired up with Will, Leni, Luan, and Lucy went with Fluttershy, Lincoln, Lana and Lola went with Toby, and Lisa was left with Serenity. Guiding the Mudsdale towards the rough terrain, our heroes were able to easily traverse the rocks.

"You'd think there would be Rock Pokémon around these parts," Luna commented, not seeing any Pokémon.

"They're probably living in some kind of cave or up in the hills somewhere. It would be in our best interests not to disturb them. We don't know if they'll attack," Will suggested, as they neared the end of the rough path. They all dismounted the Mudsdale. As soon as they did, the Mudsdale vanished, "Ok, now then, where do we go from here?" Will asked. Lincoln then noticed something in the air. It was a balloon of some sort. It also had a ring attached to it.

"Hey Will, what's that?" the lone Loud Brother asked, pointing to said balloon. When they all looked to where he was looking, they then saw a Trumbeak and a Zubat flying for the ring.

"Oh wow! I didn't know they had PokeRinger in Alola," Will commented.

"What's 'PokeRinger'?" Lola asked.

"It's a competition in which a trainer with Flying Type Pokémon compete to put the ring on a goal post. In Hoenn and Sinnoh, if you won the entire competition, you would be awarded an honorary citizenship, as well as a year supply of Pokémon Food," Will explained.

"Sounds like a sort of game that's perfect for aerial Pokémon," Lisa commented.

"Well, why don't we go check it out then?" Will suggested. Everyone agreed, and they made way for their new destination.


A few minutes later,

Having followed where they saw the balloon, they soon found themselves in an open part of the valley, where they saw what Will assumed was a power plant. Over at a large corner of the area, they saw the Flying Pokémon all trying to get the ring on the post first. Among them were the Trumbeak and Zubat they saw before, as well as Murkrow, a bird Pokémon that looked like a cheerleader, and a Golbat, "So, is that PokeRinger, or whatever it's called?" Lynn asked.

"That's right. It's a competition in which Flying Pokémon try to get the ring onto that post there," Will explained, as the Murkrow landed the ring on a goal post, "Just like how Murkrow did," he added. It was then that they saw Murkrow and Golbat's trainer: Busujima.

"Not a bad run, but we could still stand to land a few blows," he said to his Pokémon. He then turned to see the group, "Oh great, nerds," Busujima groaned.

"I see you're getting in some practice with your Flying Pokémon," Will commented.

"Yeah. I want to power up Murkrow enough before I make it evolve. Apparently, the owner of the Power Plant over there is a fan of this PokeRinger thing they have in other regions," Busujima said, as Murkrow took to the skies again.

"What does Murkrow evolve into?" Lana asked.

"Murkrow can evolve into a Honchkrow when a Dusk Stone is used on it," Will replied.

"Honchkrow, the Big Boss Pokémon, a Dark and Flying Type. It commands a flock of Murkrow to bring back food while it stays at home, preening it's feathers. It is not hesitant to punish those who fail to deliver," Rotom explained, showing them Honchkrow.

"Hmm. You guys should put up somewhat of a fight. How about a round of PokeRinger?" Busujima asked.

"Well, Noibat could use some practice," Toby commented.

"I'd have to get Toucannon out of storage," Fluttershy added.

"It would be a good opportunity for Skarmory," Lincoln said to Lori.

"Well, when you put it that way," Lori commented, eyeing the Ultra Ball, holding her Pokémon.

"In the mean time, the rest of us can search around the grass for Pokémon," Will said.

"There's a lot of Electric Pokémon around these parts," Busujima commented.

"Well, what say all of you?" Will asked. Everyone was in agreement. Fluttershy ducked into the building to exchange her Pokémon, then came back out.

"Ok, I'm all set," she said, releasing her Toucannon.

"Hey Rotom, what moves can Skarmory do?" Lori asked.

"Skarmory's usable moves are: Steel Wing, Double Team, Swift, and Sky Attack," Rotom replied.

"Not a bad line up," Will commented, as the four trainers got into position, "Alright guys, let's head out and find some Pokémon," Will said, as they went over to the tall grass. Almost immediately, they came across an Elekid, who looked be itching for a fight.

"Oh, wow, an Elekid! I've been wanting to catch one since Hokulani Observatory," Silver Spoon commented, as she readied a Pokeball, however, from her belt, Magneton let itself out, "Hmm? What's up Magneton? You want to battle Elekid?" she asked. Magneton made a metallic sound that sounded like a yes, "Well, alright then. Magneton, use Tri Attack!" Silver Spoon instructed. Magneton then fired beams of fire, ice, and electricity at Elekid, which seemed to cause quite a bit of damage, but Elekid was still standing. Elekid then went in for a Brick Break attack, which connected with Magneton. It then went in with a Thunder Punch.

"This Elekid seems like it really likes being in close quarters," Will commented.

"Quick Magneton, use Thunderbolt!" Magneton then fired Thunderbolt, which was able to hit Elekid and paralyze it, "Now's my chance!" Silver Spoon said, chucking a Nest Ball at Elekid, encapsulating it. The Nest Ball rocked three times before it clicked. It then teleported away. It was then that Magneton evolved. It now looked somewhat like a UFO, "Oh wow! Magneton evolved!" Silver Spoon exclaimed.

"Magnezone, the Magnet Area Pokémon, an Electric and Steel Type. It uses it's radar to monitor it's territory. Intruders are quickly disposed of with a Hyper Beam. It emits a powerful magnetic field," Rotom explained.

"There must be a powerful magnetic field in this place. Pokémon like Magneton and Nosepass only evolve in places with powerful magnetic fields," Will explained.

"Well, it's a good thing we're here now," Lincoln commented.

"Charjabug are also capable of evolving in special magnetic fields," Rotom piped up.

"Well, that's good know. Are you going to let Charjabug evolve, Serenity?" Silver Spoon asked.

"I-I'm not too sure," Serenity admitted.

"Well, you can take your time before committing to it," Will said. Serenity nodded, before noticing something in the next patch of grass. Peering in, she saw a bunch of rodent Pokémon all playing with one another. One was a Togedemaru, another looked to be a flying squirrel, and another looked like a regular squirrel with a pink stripe along it's body.

"Oh my goodness! They're so cute!" Serenity whispered. The three of them noticed Serenity, and ran up to her, sniffing her with great curiosity.

"Togedemaru, along with an Emolga and a shiny Pachirisu," Will commented.

"Emolga, the Sky Squirrel Pokémon, an Electric and Flying Type. It glides with it's cape-like membrane. It makes it's nest in holes that Pikipek gouge out, and because it gives of electricity when it flies, other Flying Pokémon keep their distance, so it keeps all of it's food for itself. Pachirisu, the EleSquirrel Pokémon, an Electric Type. A pair may be seen rubbing their cheeks together to share electricity," Rotom explained.

"They're all so chubby and adorable! I want them all!" Serenity said, hugging all three of them.

"Well, you do have a ton of Quick Balls. You could always use those," Will urged. Serenity got out some Quick Balls, and gently tossed one at each of the Electric Pokémon. They willingly let themselves get captured, as each of them clicked upon encapsulating them. The Quick Balls then teleported away.


"Go Noibat! Use Acrobatics!" Toby instructed. Glowing teal, Noibat collided with Murkrow, who was still able to keep battling, while still holding onto the ring.

"Toucannon, use Beak Blast!" Fluttershy instructed. Toucannon's beak started heating up.

"Skarmory, use Steel Wing!" Lori instructed. With it's wings turning metallic, it swooped in at Murkrow.

"Gah! Murkrow, use Heat Wave on Skarmory!" Busujima ordered. Murkrow then fired of a blast of heated air, which seemed to damage Skarmory a lot, as it fell to the ground, "As for those other two, use Icy Wind!" he added. Murkrow then fired a chilly blast of air at both Noibat and Toucannon, sending them to the ground too. Murkrow then placed the ring on the post.

"Unreal!" Toby commented, as he went to the aid of Noibat. Fluttershy and Lori went to the aid of Toucannon and Skarmory. Murkrow then landed in front of Busujima.

"That was quite the performance Murkrow, but we need to work on improving your speed," Busujima said, as he recalled his Pokémon. He then went to leave the canyon.

"Where are you going?" Toby questioned.

"The Ghost Type Trial. After that, I'm going to find the Kahuna and have my Grand Trial," the bully replied, as he left them. Tending to their Pokémon, and recalling them, the three other trainer went to go and find the rest of their party. Once there, they saw Will engaged in a battle with what looked to be a smaller Houndoom.

"Ok Blitzle, use Shock Wave!" Will instructed. A small, zebra like Pokémon with lightning shaped stripes then fired off Shock Wave, which was able to knock down the Houndour, "Ok Luna, here's your chance," Will said, giving the rocker girl a Nest Ball.

"Ok, here goes nothing!" Luna said, as she chucked it at Houndour, encapsulating it. The Nest Ball rocked three times, and clicked. Luna then went to collect her new Pokeball.

"Catching some Pokémon?" Toby asked.

"Yeah. Serenity was able to catch three Electric Pokémon, as did Sylvia," Will replied. It was then that Charjabug let itself out of it's Ball.

"I-is something wrong, Charjabug?" Serenity asked, as Charjabug evolved into a Vikavolt. No one there was expecting that to happen.

"So this is what Vikavolt looks like," Will commented.

"Vikavolt, the Stag Beetle Pokémon, a Bug and Electric Type. It uses electric attacks to fend of bird Pokémon. It often uses Charjabug as a source for more power," Rotom said.

"Apparently, this place has a strong Magnetic Field. It was also able to allow my Magneton to evolve," Silver Spoon said.

"Nosepass are also capable of evolving in these types of fields too," Will commented. Fluttershy then took out the Pokeball that held her Nosepass.

"Is that right?" Fluttershy asked, as Nosepass let itself out. Upon fully materializing, Nosepass then evolved into Probopass.

"I forgot how big Probopass is," Lincoln commented. Just then, an Alolan Geodude appeared from the grass. It used a Thunderpunch on Probopass, who tanked the attack.

"What on Earth was that for?!" Lynn exclaimed. Geodude seemed like it was looking for a fight.

"Well, if that's the way you want it, then we'll battle. Blitzle, use Double Kick!" Will instructed. Blitzle then unleashed two consecutive kicks on Geodude, who took the attacks, and retorted with a Rock Throw attack, "Quick, use Flame Charge, and dodge!" Will instructed. Becoming cloaked in flames, Blitzle quickly dodged all the rocks, while also speeding up in the process, "Now, use another Double Kick!" Blitzle repeated it's attack, which was able to knock down Geodude.

"If you don't mind, could I maybe catch this one?" Fluttershy asked, holding a Level Ball.

"By all means," Will said, stepping out of the way. Fluttershy then chucked the Level Ball at Geodude, encapsulating it. It rocked three times, clicked shut, and teleported away.

"So, looks like most of our group caught a new Pokémon," Luan commented.

"Yeah. But for now, let's try to find the Pokémon Center. Our Pokémon must be beat from battling so much today," Will suggested, as they left the canyon.

"So, how'd things go again Busujima?" Leni asked.

"Turns out that Murkrow of his can use Heat Wave and Icy Wind. He was able to beat out Pokémon, and still score a goal," Toby replied.


Elsewhere,

On board a massive aircraft carrier, inside the main office, a middle aged man dressed in a fancy suit was seated behind his desk. Before him, stood three other men. The first man had a nasty scowl on his face. He had cyan hair, and on his vest was the letter "G". The next man looked a bit older, and more sinister. He was dressed in a black robe, and had pale green hair and an eyepatch. The third man was dressed in similarly fancy suit. He had extravagant red hair, like fire.

"So gentlemen, to recap. Our combined forces are succeeding in capturing a large number of Pokémon from the various regions, bolstering our ranks, thanks to the Dark Ball project," the man behind the desk said.

"Indeed. However, it would appear that the sudden disappearances of a large group of Pokémon are making headway to the media," the man in the black robe commented.

"Ghetsis has a point," the man with red hair replied.

"I understand his concern, as well as yours, Lysandre. But you needn't worry. Once we defeat the Champions of all the other regions, nothing will stand in our way of global domination," the first man said.

"And if the Dark Ball project is this effective now, we may stand a chance of finding and making all of the Legendary Pokémon our personal slaves. Then nothing will stop us," the man with the vest added.

"Well put Cyrus. After this week, Team Rainbow Rocket will stand at the top of the Pokémon world, unopposed!" the first man declared, adjourning the meeting. The three men went to leave, but Ghetsis stayed behind.

"You know we'll back you up as much as we can Giovanni, but make no mistake. If you do anything that could potentially betray our trust, we will not hesitate to end your rule over Team Rainbow Rocket!" Ghetsis threatened, as he left. Giovanni, however, seemed unfazed by his partner's threat.

"You can try all you want, but with my most powerful Pokémon, not even the three of you have a chance!" Giovanni said, as he held a Dark Ball.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Muk (F), Aron (M), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Blitzle (M)




Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Toucannon (F), Pupitar (M), Phanpy (F), Probopass (M), Bronzor (N/A),



Toby: Pikachu (F), Noibat (M), Metang*(N/A), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F)




Serenity: Lopunny (F), Vikavolt (M) Eevee* (M), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)





Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Magnezone (N/A), Numel (F), Eevee (F) Helioptile (F), Shroomish (F)


Lincoln: Mareanie* (M)




Lori: Skarmory (F)





Luna: Houndour (F)





Lynn: Gyarados (M)





Lana: Minccinno (F)





Lisa: Elgyem (M)






In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M), Hariyama (M)





Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F),), Hawlucha (M) Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F), Steelix (M), Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Crabrawler (M)





Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Vulpix (F), Delphox (F),Incineroar (M), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Mawile (F), Empoleon (M), Flareon (F), Espeon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F),





Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Pachirisu* (F) Misdreavus (F)





Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Blastoise (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), , Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Elekid (M), Butterfree* (M) Goodra* (F), Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M)




Totem Stickers So far: 70/100

PreviousChapters Next