• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: Training! Pokemon Pelago Style!

After clearing a hard fought battle at the Peak of Wela Volcano, our heroes soon found themselves at the base of the mountain, ready for their next adventure, "You guys have caught a lot of Pokémon. I bet training them all would be really hard, huh?" Lana asked.

"Yeah, but the thing is, trainers are only allowed to carry a maximum of six Pokémon at a time. With that rule in place, training the Pokémon we caught from clearing the last two trials does make things difficult," Will replied.

"You'd think there'd be a way to train up the Pokémon in storage, without taking them out," Fluttershy commented.

"I may have a solution to your problem," a middle aged man said. He looked to be a castaway, wearing tattered clothes, and a straw hat. He had bright green eyes, and pale blonde hair, "The name's Mohn, and I run a facility that helps trainers with raising their Pokémon. It's called 'Pokémon Pelago'. I see you've all cleared Kiawe's trial. Why not hop on the ride Pokémon he gave you, and pop in for a visit?" Mohn suggested, as he took his leave.

"Well, what do you guys think? Should we go?" Will asked.

"I don't see why not. It could prove helpful," Lori replied. The others gave their sentiments as well.

"Well, alright then," Will said, as the five trainers took out their Ride Pagers. They each selected 'Air Ride Pokémon'. In a flash, several large flying Pokémon appeared, ranging from a Charizard, to an Altaria, "Alright guys, buddy up with someone, and let's get going," Will said. Each Loud sibling grouped together with one of the five trainers. When everyone was safely on, they took off.


About 10 minutes of flying later,

"Is that it? Down there!" Luna inquired, seeing a group of five islands, each surrounding a hut.

"Looks to be," Will replied, as they all landed in front of the hut. Will went to knock on the door to the hut, only for it to open, with Mohn behind it.

"Alola! Welcome to Pokémon Pelago! I've bene running this here facility ever since I got here," Mohn said.

"How long ago was that?" Lisa asked.

"I.... lost track of time," Mohn admitted.

"So, what's there to do here?" Lola asked.

"Well, each of the five surrounding islands has it's own different facility. Each on can have Pokémon there to play at, or help out with your journey. One island has a massive bean stalk that will allow you to harvest Pokebeans. Unlike the ones you get from the Pokémon Center, there are two other kinds. There are patterned Beans, and the extremely rare Rainbow Beans. Each one is better at making you closer to your Pokémon than a plain bean. Another island allows you to plant and harvest berries. Another will let your Pokémon go and try to find treasures. There's also a Hot Springs Island where you can leave your Pokémon to relax, and grow more friendly to you. Last, but not least, is the island you folks probably came here to use. It has a variety of jungle gyms in which your Pokémon can play on and grow stronger. Of course, I have a variety of booster drinks that I make myself. If you have me give these to your Pokémon, they'll grow a lot stronger!" Mohn explained.

"I see, fascinating," Will commented.

"What's more, is that on the Jungle Gym Island, is that you can put Pokémon in storage onto the island, and they can go and play. One thing to note is that each trainer may only have a maximum of 18 Pokémon at a time, and your Pokémon can only play for little over two days," Mohn explained.

"Ok, that seems easy enough to understand. Now, which island is which?" Will asked. Mohn then pointed out each island to the trainers. With that, they all decided to split up and explore the individual islands, with Serenity sticking with Fluttershy, as they went to the farm Island with Luna, Lynn and Lana. Toby decided to go to the Bean Stalk Island with Leni, Lincoln, and Lola. Silver Spoon decided to go to the Hot Springs Island with Lori and Luan. Will figured he might as well see what the cave island had to offer with Lucy and Lisa.


Later that day,

After exploring Pokémon Pelago, our heroes returned to where they had left, leaving behind a number of Pokémon from storage to train, "Ok, so now we know we can rely on Pokémon Pelago to help with our training," Will said.

"That definitely won't stop our 'train' of thought, *chuckles weakly*. Man, even for me that was weak," Luan admitted.

"I only put the Pokémon I left in the Isle Eveup in a five hour session. So, I'm going to withdraw them once we get to the next Pokémon Center," Toby said.

"W-was it a good idea to leave my friends there too?" Serenity questioned.

"I'd say so. As we progress with the Island Challenge, we're going to meet more and more stronger Pokémon. It's a good idea to have some additional high level Pokémon on standby, just to be safe," Will replied.

"And at least this way, we don't have to run ourselves ragged training ALL of our Pokémon," Silver Spoon added.

"Indeed, especially when most Pokémon take a long time before they can evolve. In fact, why don't we spend the day at the Pokémon Center when we get there? You know, just take a break from training to have some fun in the sun?" Will suggested.

"That sounds great, I've been wanting to play with my Pokémon outside of training," Fluttershy said.

"Same here," Silver Spoon added.

"Well, then let's get going," Will said, as they ventured into the tunnel.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Dartrix (M), Alolan Grimer (F), Makuhita (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Kalos), Buizel (F), Corphish (M)

Fluttershy: Brionne (F), Trumbeak (F), Onix (M), Smeargle (M), Crabrawler (M), Rockruff (M)


Toby: Braixen (F), Torracat (M), Pikachu (F), Rockruff (F), Espeon (F), Prinplup (M)


Serenity: Buneary (F), Charjabug (M), Misdreavus (F), Spinda (F) Pikachu* (M)(Chubbykins),
Detective Pikachu (M)


Silver Spoon: Marill (F), Magnemite (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M) Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Eevee (F), Clauncher (F)


In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto Hat), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M), Magby (F), Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Cubone (M)


Fluttershy: Zorua*(F), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Eevee x2 (1 Male, 1 Female), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Phanpy (F), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M)


Toby: Vulpix (F), Noibat (M), Steenee* (F), Turtonator (M), Mawile (F) Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Eevee (F), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Skrelp (M), Corphish (M), Krabby (M), Ralts*(F), Shinx (M), Slugma (F), Growlithe (M), Magby x2 (Both Male), Numel (M), Litleo (F), Charmeleon (M), Quilava (F)


Serenity: Eevee x2 (1 Male*, 1 Female), Mareep*(M), Buizel (F), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M)


Silver Spoon: Eevee (F), Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Wartortle (F), Ralts (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (M), Monferno (F), Butterfree* (M)

Totem Stickers So far: 35/100

PreviousChapters Next