• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 58: A Reunion Gone Wrong

To say things were awkward would be an understatement. Our heroes had no idea that the man that Will had bumped into was their father. It didn't take long for the other adults from Royal Woods to arrive on the scene. There was an awkward silence, before Lola broke it, "Mom, Dad, Uncles Ross and Randy, and Aunts Rachel and Rhonda? What are you guys doing here?!" the little princess exclaimed.

"Well, for one thing, we've been looking for you kids since you disappeared a week or two ago," Ross replied.

"We've been exhausting every resource possible trying to find you," Randy added.

"And it's not just us that's here!" Rhonda said, pushing a certain stroller towards them, where Lily was happily babbling, and squealed happily upon seeing her brother and sisters.

"I'm so happy to be with my children again!" Rita exclaimed, hugging half of her daughters, while Lynn Sr. hugged the other half. Lincoln stepped out of the way, a look of pure contempt and distrust on his face. The Loud Parents then turned to their only son, and flinched slightly at his glare.

"Uh... hey Lincoln," Lynn Sr. awkwardly said to his only son.

"You look well," Rita commented also awkwardly. Lincoln simply turned his face away from his parents.

"Makes sense that Lincoln isn't too happy to see his parents," Silver Spoon whispered to the rest of the Ponyville group.

"Look, Lincoln, I know you're angry with us, but I promise you, that we have every intention of making this family right again," Rita said, trying to get through to her son.

"Like the other times you said that, and the family still remains a wreck?" Lincoln bitterly spat. His sisters and parents all winced at this.

"This time, we are going to stick with our vow to make things right! We've done some thinking while we were in jail," Lynn Sr. replied.

"Oh yeah?" Lincoln asked, still not trusting his parents.

"We have, and we plan to start making things right with you," Rita said.

"I'm listening?" Lincoln replied cautiously.

"We have decided that you young man, have had far too much free time. As punishment, not only for lying to us, but for also playing the forbidden game, you are grounded until we can trust you again," Lynn Sr. stated. A heavy silence hung in the room. Then....

"WHAAAT?!" Lincoln screamed

"Don't act surprised Lincoln. You know this family supports one another. In addition to being grounded, you'll also be attending ALL of your sisters events from now on to make up for all time you spent faking being bad luck," Rita snapped.

"Oh yeah, I can see how kicking me out and selling all of my things wasn't punishment enough!" Lincoln snapped back.

"Watch your mouth young man. Not only that, but you are also forbidden from being friends with these delinquents any longer," Lynn Sr. stated, looking at Clyde and the others, who were all just as shocked as everyone else. These two were still punishing Lincoln, even after everything they put him through?!

"They didn't have anything to do with the Bad Luck incident. Why are you punishing me from being their friend?!" Lincoln screamed.

"First of all, no yelling. Secondly, they clearly got you into Duel Monsters, even though you know it's banned from our home! Thirdly, there's no use trying to convince us otherwise. Ever since you lied to us on such a massive scale, we can no longer trust you. Anything that comes out of that mouth of yours, as far as we're concerned, is a lie," Lynn Sr. stated. Lincoln couldn't believe it.... even after all this time, these two still viewed him as the bad guy?!

"Now, come on. We have a stateroom where we'll be staying. You are forbidden to leave until we find our way home," Rita said, grabbing Lincoln's arm.

"NO!" Lincoln pulled his arm away from his mother's grasp, before running off.

"Oh, that boy is going to cause a lot more trouble for us," Lynn Sr. commented.

"No, he isn't. You guys just screwed yourselves out of getting custody of your kids back," Ross stated, as he and Randy slapped handcuffs on the two parents.

"What are you doing, Ross?! We're doing the right thing!" Rita yelled at her brother, who didn't flinch.

"My job. You guys clearly have learned nothing from those better parenting classes, and you just blew your only chance to get your kids back!" Ross yelled back.

"I'm going to stamp the custody release forms, denying the kids' return to you," Rachel proclaimed, as Randy and Rhonda walked the two disgraced parents away. Ross then turned to see the stunned Ponyville friends.

"Uh, sorry you guys had to see that," Ross apologized.

"It's fine, really. But, I had no idea Lincoln's parents would have it out for him this badly," Will commented.

"Yeah. They have their own flawed philosophy on how a parent should raise a kid," Ross replied.

"We'll go and try to find Lincoln," Clyde said, as he and the rest of Lincoln's friends raced off to find their friend.

"So, I take it you've been looking after Lincoln and his sisters?" Ross asked.

"Yes. My name is Will, and these are some of my students, Flora, Toby, Sylvia, and Serenity," Will said, introducing himself, and his friends.

"Detective Ross, Royal Woods PD," Ross said, returning the introduction.

"And I'm Rachel, attorney of the law. Those other two you saw were our other sister and our brother, Rhonda and Randy," Rachel said.

"So I guess you five are taking part in the tournament?" Ross asked.

"Oh no, Serenity's not participating. She's not one for battles," Fluttershy replied, as Rhonda and Randy returned.

"Well, Rita and Lynn put up a bit of a struggle, but we managed to lock them in the arena jail cell," Randy commented.

"Wait, there are jail cells?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah. I guess they were put in, just in case there were any trouble makers," Randy replied.

"I just can't believe what those two did. Even after they've put their son through, they still think Lincoln should be punished? I may not approve of lying anymore than the next person, but come on!" Silver Spoon commented.

"Well, as I said, the two of them are clearly unfit to be parents, and this was their only chance to get them all back, by power of the law," Ross replied.

"Well, I just hope Clyde and the others will find Lincoln soon," Lana commented.


With Lincoln,

Lincoln was sulking, as he sat on a bench, gazing out onto the ocean, "I can't believe how stupid those two are! Haven't they already done enough to me already?!" Lincoln vented. He hated always being singled out, while his sisters got off the hook, but this time, his parents had gone way too far. Not only had they remained stubborn to believing he was in the wrong entirely, but now they were going to punish him further than they already have?! How stupid could two people be?!

"Lincoln, there you are!" the lone son heard Girl Jordan say. He turned to see his friend coming towards him.

"Oh, hey Girl Jordan," Lincoln glumly said, as she sat down next to him.

"How are you feeling?" Girl Jordan asked.

"To be honest, more heartbroken than I was before the whole Bad Luck mess went out of control. I know that I should've stopped lying when things started going out of hand, but even if I did, those two nimrods would still take my sister's side, just because they outnumber me..... is it so wrong to want a little time to myself from time to time in my family?" Lincoln asked.

"I'd have to say no, and you're right about one thing, or maybe two. Firstly, you should have stopped lying before things got out of hand, but your sister, Lynn, is technically the one who is entirely in the wrong, and is responsible for everything that's happened to your family. As for free time from your sister's activities, with how many sisters you have, I guess free time would be a rarity in your house. But I wouldn't know. I am an only child," Girl Jordan replied.

"Yeah, but that still doesn't change the fact that my family needed to implement procedures to give people days off, instead of forcing everyone to come because 'family supports one another'. I'm sorry if I'm sounding selfish," Lincoln apologized.

"It's fine, and I can understand where you're coming from. And, I'll let you in on a little secret; Chandler and his gang, as well as other students who aren't exactly fond of you were cheering you on during your duel against your sisters. They all may hate your guts, but they had to agree that what they did was rotten," Girl Jordan replied.

"Yeah. Even Great Aunt Ruth gave me a pardon from visits to her place after we all were sent to live with Uncle Ross. But that was before the nine of them were sent to Aunt Rhonda's boot camp for the summer," Lincoln replied. He then turned to the girl, and smiled, "Thanks for this pep talk Girl Jordan. I really appreciate it," he stated.

"Any time. I often give pep talks to my best girl friends when they're feeling down," Girl Jordan said, as she stood up, "I think I saw your aunt and uncle take your parents away, but are you ready to head back to the others?" Girl Jordan asked.

"Yeah, I think so," Lincoln replied, as the two walked back to their friends.


Back with the others,

"We had no luck over at the northern part of the stadium," Rusty said, as Zach stood by his side.

"We couldn't find him over at the west side either," Clyde said, as he was joined by Liam.

"I wasn't able to find him on the east side," Ronnie Anne said.

"That only leaves Girl Jordan," Lori commented.

"Her name isn't actually 'Girl Jordan', is it?" Toby asked.

"No. Everyone calls her Girl Jordan because there's a boy Jordan too," Ronnie Anne replied.

"Well, speak o the devil, here she comes now, and with Lincoln too!" Liam exclaimed, spotting their two friends.

"Hey kiddo, how are you fairing?" Ross asked.

"Well, after Girl Jordan gave me a pep talk, I feel a lot better now," Lincoln replied.

"Well, that's good to hear. So, now that the unpleasantness of reuniting with your parents is out of the way, would you care to fill us in on your adventures in this 'Alola' place?" Ross asked.

"Ok, but Mom and Dad aren't around, are they?" Lincoln asked.

"No. They're in the stadium jail, where they will remain until the end of competition," Randy replied.

"And you needn't worry about you or your sisters going back to them. I've already done the paperwork, that bans Rita and Lynn from regaining custody over you and your sisters ever again," Rachel added.

"Well, do you think we can wait until after the preliminary round? Things are getting a bit close to time for them to start," Lincoln commented, spotting a nearby clock, where it was almost time for the preliminaries to start.

"Ah, when you're right, you're right. Sorry, but we'll fill you guys in after the prelims," Will said, as the four trainers went to go to their respective arenas, each joined by their friends from Royal Woods. Will was joined by Randy, Lori, Luan, Rusty, and Zach. Fluttershy was joined by Serenity, along with Rhonda, Luna, Lynn Jr., Lola, and Ronnie Anne. Silver Spoon was joined by Rachel, Leni, Lucy, Lana, and Liam. Toby was joined by Ross, Lincoln, Lisa, Lily, and Girl Jordan.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Trevenant*(M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Hariyama (M), Goodra (M),



Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Hawlucha (M), Toucannon (F), Torterra (M), Meganium (F)




Toby: Turtonator (M), Metagross* (N/A), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M)





Serenity: Lopunny (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)






Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), Gengar (M), Glaceon (F), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F)





Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)





Lori: Skarmory (F)





Luna: Houndour (F)





Lynn: Gyarados (M)







Lucy: Sandile (F)






Lana: Minccinno (F)





Lisa: Elgyem (M)






In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Arcanine (M), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Magmortar (F), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Mimikyu (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M)






Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (F), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Golem (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Gengar* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Steelix (M), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M),







Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Scizor (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxray (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Mawile (F), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Meltan (N/A), Heracross (M)








Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)







Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Gallade (M), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A),


Totem Stickers: 100/100

The reason that I had Lynn Sr. and Rita still continue to punish Lincoln was because, and let's face, THEY'RE AWFUL PARENTS! They're lazy, they always favor their daughters in favor of Lincoln, and are just plain irresponsible all together, and don't deserve any of their kids. There was even a YouTube video on why these two are terrible parents.

Anyhow, in the next chapter, the preliminaries will get underway! And as you can see, our heroes have collected 100 Totem Stickers, which will lead to a certain surprise in the next chapter. Let me know in the comments what Totem Sized Pokémon you want to see go to which Trainer. And no, they can't go to Leni, Luan, Lola, or any of Lincoln's friends. Also, I have a plan to introduce them to Wonder Trading. I already have plans to have Toby receive a Liligant. Let me know what Pokémon you want the others to get

PreviousChapters Next