• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 56: Training for the Pokemon League! (Part 1)

Having finally cleared the last Grand Trial, our heroes were all at the Pokémon Center, not only to have the tired Pokémon all healed up, but to also get information on the Pokémon League, as night fell on the island, "Nurse Joy, have you heard anything about the Alola Pokémon League?" asked Will.

"Let me check," Nurse Joy said, typing into her computer, "Well, construction of the stadium was completed earlier this morning, and tomorrow, registrations will get under way, as early as nine o clock, tomorrow morning," Nurse Joy replied.

"The tournament's starting that early?" Fluttershy asked, surprised.

"Oh heavens, no! There's going to be a week before it begins, so trainers can get in some last minute training," Nurse Joy explained.

"Great! We have a full week to get ready!" Will exclaimed.

"But right now, I'm ready for bed," Toby commented, feeling tired.

"Yeah, I am too," Silver Spoon added.

"Alright, we can hit the hay tonight, and begin training tomorrow," Will said, as they all headed to their rooms. Lincoln's friends opted to ask for a room for themselves, and invited Lincoln to spend the night with them.

"We'll see you in the morning, Linky," Leni said, as she went into the room where the Loud Sisters would be sleeping. Lincoln then entered the room where he and his friends would be sleeping.

"So, guys, how're things in Royal Woods?" Lincoln asked.

"Well, you've got a long line up of challengers aiming to take your title, including Chandler," Girl Jordan replied, as the rest of Lincoln's friends went on to explain all the events since Lincoln went missing.


The next morning, just outside the Pokémon Center Kitchen,

The mysterious Hex Nut headed Pokémon was attempting to get in to the kitchen, by melting and absorbing the lower part of the door, and proceeded inside. it climbed up to the counter, and eyed the pots and pans with intent. It then proceeded to melt down the closest pan, when Nurse Joy walked in, "Now, time for a little breakfast!" she said, as she went for the same pan the Pokémon was melting. She then noticed the Pokémon, and how it was dissolving the pan. Nurse Joy then did the one thing she thought was appropriate in this situation: she let out a piercing shriek, and dropped the pan to the ground. This caught the attention of the Ponyville friends, who were up before their friends from Royal Woods. They then barged into the kitchen.

"Nurse Joy, what happened?!" Will asked.

"THAT happened!" she exclaimed, pointing to the Pokémon that was still melting the pan.

"Whoa, what kind of Pokémon is that?" Toby wondered.

"I've certainly never seen it before," Will commented.

"I-it's kind of cute," Serenity quietly added.

"Searching.... searching..... No data found. Pokémon unknown!" Rotom exclaimed.

"An unknown Pokémon? Talk about cool!" Will commented.

"If it's all the same with you guys, could I maybe try to catch it?" Toby asked.

"You, Toby?" asked Will.

"Yeah, I think it would be cool to have a Pokémon like this Pokémon," Toby replied.

"Well, I see no problem with that. Go for it," Will urged.

"Thanks!" Toby said, as he approached the Pokémon, "Alright, I'll need a Pokémon that can whittle down it's energy little by little. So in that case, let's go, Sceptile!" Toby said, releasing Sceptile, "Use Leaf Blade on that Pokémon!" Sceptile then used Leaf Blade, which did little damage, "Now, use Dual Chop!" Sceptile then delivered to chops with it's blade arms, which damaged the Pokémon even further, "Alright, now let's see this will do it!" Toby said, tossing an Ultra Ball at the Pokémon, encapsulating it. It rocked two times, before it broke free. It then used a Flash Cannon attack, which sent Sceptile back a few feet.

"Almost had it!" Silver Spoon commented.

"Alright, let's give Dual Chop another go!" Toby instructed. Sceptile once again used Dual Chop, which seemed to keep the Pokémon from getting back up, "Alright, one more time!" Toby said, tossing another Ultra Ball at the Pokémon. This time, it rocked three times, and clicked.

"Alright, I caught the Pokémon!" Toby exclaimed, as the Ultra Ball teleported away.

"It's very rare to encounter a Mythical Pokémon, especially when it's unknown," Will commented.

"Maybe a certain friend of mine can fill us in," Fluttershy commented.

"Well, I'm happy for you all catching that Pokémon. Now, I'll get started on Breakfast," Nurse Joy said. The five trainers cleared out of the kitchen.

"I'll head back to Ponyville with Toby to see about identifying the Pokémon," Fluttershy commented.

"We have someone back home that can help us out?" Silver Spoon asked. Fluttershy gave her a knowing look, which Toby' girlfriend caught on rather quickly.

Alright. While you're gone, we'll have breakfast, and get a start on training," Will said. With that, Fluttershy and Toby took out there amulets, and gave them a rub. They then vanished.


Back on Will's Ranch,

When the light around them died down, the mother and son duo found themselves back in Will's living room. Toby then noticed several large parcels, "What are all those?" Toby asked.

"Oh, well, back on Ula'ula Island, Serenity and I did some shopping, and brought them all back, so we wouldn't have to carry it all around," Fluttershy sheepishly replied. It was then that Discord popped in.

"My, my, this is quite the surprise. What brings you back from your journey?" the Chaos Spirit asked.

"Well, we were hoping you could tell us something about this Pokémon I caught. It's one that the Pokedex we got doesn't even know about," Toby replied. This caught Discord's attention.

"I see. Well, care to show me?" Discord asked. Toby then went over to the Storage cabinets that Discord provided for them all. In each on, were the various Pokémon they had all caught. Toby then swapped Snowball out for the mysterious Pokémon.

"Ok, here it is," Toby said, releasing the Pokémon. Discord then took a moment to look over the Pokémon. He then conjured up a laptop, and began typing on it.

"Ah, here we go! Apparently, what you caught is a Pokémon called 'Meltan'," Discord explained.

"Meltan?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes. According to these records, it's a Mythical Steel Type Pokémon, that's classified as the Hex Nut Pokémon. It melts down metallic substances, and absorbs it into it's body for food," Discord replied.

"I see. Is there anymore information on Meltan?" Toby asked.

"Yes. Apparently, Meltan is capable of evolving into a Pokémon called 'Melmetal'. But it can only evolve if it merges with several other Meltan," Discord explained, showing them a picture of Meltan's evolved form. It was a hulking giant Pokémon, with a humanoid body that was still like liquid. It hat large golden Hex Nuts on it's wrists, it's shoulders, and in it's chest.

"Too cool!" Toby commented.

"Yes, but if you want more information on Meltan and it's evolved form, I will arrange for your group to have some upgraded gear," Discord stated.

"What kind of gear?" Fluttershy asked.

"Now, if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it? But for now, I should get to work catching as many Rotom as I can," Discord said, as he teleported away.

"Well, I guess that answers our questions," Fluttershy said, as Toby recalled Meltan. They once again rubbed their amulets, and teleported out of the house.


Back on Poni Island, outside the Pokémon Center,

The two of them found themselves outside the Pokémon Center, back on Poni Island, "Alright, next order of business, breakfast," Fluttershy commented. Both she and Toby were feeling hungry, as they entered the Pokémon Center, where their friends were all in the dining area, eating their breakfasts.

"Hey there!" Will called out, as the two of them joined their friends, "So, did you find anything out about our new mystery Pokémon?" he asked. Fluttershy and Toby then told them all about what Discord had told them. Needless to say, everyone was surprised, "I've never heard of a Mythical Pokémon capable of evolving," Will commented.

"It just makes the discovery all the more worth while!" Silver Spoon replied.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Lori asked.

"Well, we're going to head to Professor Kukui's house to ask about the Poison and Bug type Z Moves. We still don't know the poses for them yet," Will replied.

"Then, we need to go register for the Pokémon League. While we're doing that, you guys can explore Hau'oli City," Silver Spoon added, looking at their Royal Woods friends.

"That sounds like fun," Rusty commented.

"And once we get registered, we're going to go do some training for the competition," Will added.

"We can take the ferry to Melemele Island, while you guys go do your things," Lincoln suggested.

"Sounds good. I'll arrange for you to get taken over there after we're done eating," Will stated. And true to his word, once they were all done eating, they gathered their belongings, and headed to the pier. Will arranged for the Royal Woods gang to be taken to Melemele Island, "Alright guys, you can start boarding now. We'll meet up at the Malasada Shop near the Photo Club," Will said, as they all boarded the ship. Once everyone was safely aboard, the ship took off, "Alright, now, let's get to the Stadium, and get ourselves registered," Will said, as the five trainers all called their Ride Pokémon, and flew off to the Arena.


At the Pokémon League Arena,

The five trainers all landed in front of the front gates, where a crowd of trainers was beginning to gather, "Man, I knew the League was going to attract all kinds of Trainers, but I never expected this many!" Silver Spoon commented.

"Well, this is normal for any Pokémon League. Everyone here wants a chance at that title," Will said, looking around the crowd. They saw familiar faces like Hau, Gladion Plumeria, and Guzma, as well as the Bandit Star Pirates, who were all registering.

"Could you enter Nico from Turffield in the Galar Region?" Nico asked the workers.

"Of course. Let me see your Pokedex, and the 12 Z Crystals you've obtained," the worker replied. Nico then took out a case that had the 12 Z Crystals that were given out during the Island Challenge, and showed it to the worker. She then gave him her phone, which he inserted into a computer. In moments, he gave back her phone, "Alright Nico, you're all registered," he said.

"Thank you," Nico said, going off to the side. She then noticed the Ponyville group, "Hey, I was wondering when you guys would show up!" she exclaimed.

"Well, we did clear our fourth and final Grand Trial yesterday, and that was when we caught wind of the Pokémon League's registration," Will replied.

"Yeah. This is going to be really similar to the battles we have back in Galar," Nico commented.

"How so?" Toby asked.

"Well, for a chance at the title, we have what's known as the Champion Cup, where Gym Challengers from all over Galar, including the Gym Leaders, all battle in tournament format for the chance to battle Leon," Nico explained.

"I see. So even the Gym Leaders have a chance for the Champion Title," Will commented, as they neared the front of the line.

"Yeah. Though the one who almost always makes it to battle Leon is the Dragon Type Gym Leader, Raihan," Nico explained, as it was finally their turn to register.

"Name?" the worker asked.

"Will, Flora, Sylvia, and Toby, from Mahogany Town in the Johto Region," Will replied.

"Ok, I will need to see that each of you has the twelve Z Crystals from the trials you took, as well as your Pokedex," the worker replied. Rotom then attached itself to the computer, as the four trainers showed the Z Crystals, "Alright, Will, Flora, Toby, and Sylvia are all registered. The League preliminaries will start next Wednesday," the Worker said.

"Great, so we're all registered, and ready to go," Will said.

"So, Nico, whose that Raihan guy you were telling us about?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Ah yes. Raihan is a very talented Dragon Type Trainer. His partner is a Pokémon called Duraludon, a Steel and Dragon Type. He likes to take selfies when he battles," Nico explained.

"He sure sounds strong," Toby commented.

"He is, but every time he went up against Leon, he would always end up loosing, because Leon and his Charizard are crazy strong," Nico replied.

"I see. Well, we need to get to training, so we'll see you when the tournament starts," Will said, as they all called their Ride Pokémon again, and took off.

"Of course, I don't plan on loosing this tournament myself," Nico said to herself.


On Melemele Island, in front of the Malasada shop,

The five trainers landed back on Melemele Island, and were waiting for their friends to show up, "Looks like the boat hasn't come in yet," Fluttershy commented.

"Well, the Marina isn't too far. We could go and wait for them there," Silver Spoon suggested.

"Good idea," Will said, as they walked towards the Marina. When they got there, they saw that the boat their Royal Woods friends were on was just now docking. Once it was safely in the port, passengers began disembarking. They saw that among them, were their Royal Woods friends, "Hey guys, I take there was no trouble?"

"None at all," Lori replied.

"So, this is Melemele Island, huh?" Ronnie Anne asked, looking at the city.

"Yeah, this is where we wound up when we first arrived here," Lincoln replied, as the began walking to the city.

"Alright, we're going to see the Professor about the Z Moves. You guys can look around if you want while we're gone," Will said.

"Sounds reasonable," Lisa commented, as they veered off from the trainers, and went on to the shopping district, while the trainers went to Professor Kukui's house.


Later, on the Beach, in front of the Professor's house,

"Alright guys, just like how I showed you," Kukui said, as the four trainers all had Pokémon by their sides. Will and Silver Spoon were practicing the Poison Type Z Move with Goodra and Haunter, respectively, while Fluttershy and Toby were practicing with Hawlucha and Metagross respectively to use the Bug Type Z Move. They were unleashing Z Moves against some large rocks that were near the shoreline.

"Alright, here we go," Will said, as he and Silver Spoon went first. They kept one arm close to their chests, while shaking their other hands above their unmoving arms, before leaning down low. This enveloped both Goodra and Haunter in Z Power.

"NOW, USE ACID DOWNPOUR!" they both yelled. Both Goodra and Haunter then unleashed a torrent of sludge, which seemed to melt down the rocks they were targeting.

"That looks like some powerful stuff!" Toby commented, as the sludge dissipated.

"It won't harm the other Pokémon, will it?" Silver Spoon asked in concern.

"Not at all. They will experience some numbness, but that's about it," the professor replied, putting their worries to rest, "Alright, now, it's your guy's turn," he said, looking at Toby and Fluttershy. Both trainers and their Pokémon then each stepped in front of a large boulder. They then began to do the Z Move Pose. They raised their arms like a praying mantis, then made an upward slashing motion. This enveloped both Metagross and Hawlucha in Z Power.

"ALRIGHT, USE SAVAGE SPIN-OUT!" they both yelled. Both Metagross and Hawlucha, somehow, shot out a thread like substance, which wrapped around the two boulders, like cocoons. Then, with great strength, both Pokémon hurled the cocoons around, before slamming them into the ground.

"Wow, now that's power!" Will commented.

"Right. I am a little surprised that you guys taught those Pokémon how to use Bug Type Moves," Kukui commented.

"Well, I wanted to keep Metagross' move set as open as possible," Toby replied.

"Same with Hawlucha," Fluttershy added.

"Well, now that you have the general idea of what to do for the Z Moves, I take it your going to get in as much training as you can over the next week?" Kukui asked.

"We will. Got any places to recommend that are good for training?" Will asked. Kukui thought about it for a moment.

"Well, there is one place. It's called Poni Plains, and, as the name suggests, it's on Poni Island," Kukui replied.

"Sounds good," Will commented.

"But you'll probably want to check in with the Kahuna of Poni Island before you go over there. It's home to a lot of powerful Pokémon. Any unprepared trainers are ill advised to go there," the Professor suggested.

"We'll be sure to talk to Hapu when we go," Will said, as they took their leave.

"Thanks for helping us out!" Silver Spoon called out.

"No problem! Be sure you all bring that fire to the competition!" Kukui called back.

"Alright, so we have our training spot. Now, what to do about our friends?" Will wondered.

"I have an idea," Toby piped up.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Trevenant*(M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Hariyama (M), Goodra (M),





Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Hawlucha (M), Toucannon (F), Torterra (M), Meganium (F)






Toby: Turtonator (M), Metagross* (N/A), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M)







Serenity: Lopunny (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)








Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Glaceon (F), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F)







Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)







Lori: Skarmory (F)







Luna: Houndour (F)







Lynn: Gyarados (M)









Lucy: Sandile (F)








Lana: Minccinno (F)







Lisa: Elgyem (M)








In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Seedot (M), Pumpkaboo (Large Size)(M), Yamask (F), Litwik (F), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Haunter (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Axew (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Meinfoo (F), Croagunk (M), Riolu (M), Dragonair (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M)








Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Yamask (M), Litwik (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Haunter* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Steelix (M), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M),









Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M),, Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), , Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Haunter (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Litwik (M), Duskull (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Yamask (F), Riolu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Axew (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Gible (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonair* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Mawile (F), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F)









,
Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)









Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Shroomish (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Elekid (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Litwik (M), Yamask (F), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Tyrogue (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A),



Totem Stickers So far: 97/100

PreviousChapters Next