• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 84: Finally, the Finals! Toby VS Busujima (Part 2)

The intermission came and went, and the battlefield was switched to a rocky waterfall battlefield. Toby and Busujima took their places once again, along with Kukui, "Alright, the second half of the Final Match will resume! From here on out, it's a battle to knock out the opposing trainer's team! The rules for substitutions remain the same! Now then, trainers, choose your Pokemon, and resume the battle!" Kukui said.

"Alright, Toxapex, go!" Busujima said, sending out his Toxapex.

"Gardevoir, you're up!" Toby said, sending out Gardevoir, who happily waved to her trainer.

"You're still holding onto that wimpy Gardevoir? This battle is going to be even easier than I thought," Busujima said.

"Don't be so quick to underestimate Gardevoir. She's more than capable of taking on this battle," Toby said.

"Alright, begin!" Kukui declared.

"Toxapex, use Toxic!" Busujima ordered. Toxapex then fired Toxic at Gardevoir, who dodged it, sensing what Toby wanted her to do, "Keep using Toxic until it hits!" Toxapex then fired Toxic rapid fire. Gardevoir did her best to dodge them all, but was struck by one of them.

"Gardevoir, use Psychic!" Toby instructed. Gardevoir then unleashed a Psychic attack, however...

"Baneful Bunker," Busujima said. Toxapex then used Baneful Bunker, protecting it from Psychic. Gardevoir then fell to her knees from the Poison.

"Gardevoir! Do you want to keep going, or do you want to rest for the rest of the battle?" Toby asked.

'P-Please, I don't think I can fight anymore,' Gardevoir projected into Toby's mind.

"Alright. Professor, Gardevoir wants to withdraw from the battle!" Toby called out.

"Very well. Gardevoir has retired from the battle!" Kukui proclaimed, as Toby recalled Gardevoir.

"Now's a good a time as any for your Z Move. Let's do this, Incineroar!" Toby said, sending out Incineroar.

"Heh, you're using both of the Pokemon I ditched back on Melemele Island, and for what? To help them get back at me? Man, you are just too nice to those third-rate Pokemon! You're even worse than that jock you've been travelling with!" Busujima said.

"Hey! I am not that bad!" Lynn Jr. yelled from the stands.

"Don't make the mistake of thinking they're weak, Busujima. They've been training hard for this tournament, all for the chance of battling you! Incineroar, use Bulk Up!" Toby instructed. Incineroar then bulked up, increasing it's power.

"Attack power means nothing! Toxapex, use Toxic Spikes!" Busujima ordered. Toxapex then fired a purple orb over Toby's side of the battlefield, and exploded, sending purple projectiles into the ground.

"Not good. Toxic Spikes will inflict any Pokemon Toby sends out with Poison Status," Will commented.

"What about Metagross? I think Toby mentioned something about having it on his team," Silver Spoon commented.

"You're right. Since Metagross is a Steel Type, it won't be affected by Toxic Spikes. Although, unless Toby has a Poison Type, he can't cancel it," Will replied.

"Incineroar, use Flamethrower!" Toby instructed. Incineroar then fired off Flamethrower.

"Baneful Bunker needs to be used sparingly, and only if he attacks directly. Into the water Toxapex!" Busujima ordered. Toxapex then dove into the water, dodging Flamethrower.

"Incineroar, use Bulk Up again, and use Thunder Punch on the water!" Toby instructed. Incineroar once again used Bulk Up, then used Thunder Punch on the water. This caused all the water to shoot up, forcing Toxapex out of the water.

"This could be his chance! Toxapex can't use Baneful Bunker when in the air!" Nico commented.

"Alright Incineroar, use Thunder Punch, once more!" Incineroar then leapt up to Toxapex, and delivered a high power Thunder Punch, sending the Brutal Star Pokemon down to defeat.

"Toxapex is unable to battle, the winner is Incineroar!" Kukui declared, as Busujima recalled Toxapex.

"Now Toby has one Pokemon up on Busujima, but things may prove more difficult from here on out," Will commented.

"Alright, Gorebyss, go!" Busujima said, sending out Gorebyss, "Use Aqua Ring!" Busujima ordered. a ring on water then formed around Gorebyss.

"What was that move?" Luna Loud asked.

"It's called Aqua Ring. It's a move that restores a Pokemon's stamina each turn. Busujima must be trying to beat as much of Toby's remaining Pokemon as possible," Will replied.

"I have a plan for what Busujima's final Pokemon could be, but I can't use any Z Moves with Metagross for it to work. Incineroar will just need to go for broke. Alright, use Thunder Punch!" Incineroar then charged at Gorebyss, it's fist coated in electricity.

"Gorebyss, use Surf!" Busujima ordered. Gorebyss then summoned a massive tidal wave, that stopped Incineroar's advance, and swamped the entire battlefield. Incineroar then got back up.

"Alright, I was planning on using this for your final Pokemon, but I guess now is a good a time as any! Let's go Incineroar! Incinerate the ring in a blaze of glory!" Toby said, doing the pose for Dark Type Z Moves, with his Incinium Z in his Z Power Ring, and enveloping Incineroar in Z Power, "Now, use Malicious Moonsault!" Incineroar then ran towards a large rock, before jumping off of it, engulfed in fire, before slamming into Gorebyss with full force. When the smoke cleared, Gorebyss was knocked out.

"Gorebyss is unable to battle, the winner is Incineroar!" Kukui declared, as Busujima recalled Gorebyss.

"Now Busujima is down to his last Pokemon!" Josh said.

"Yeah, but it's going to be tough if what he's plannin' is what Ah'm thinking he's a plannin'," Nathan replied.

"Alright, playtime is over! Now is where I get serious! Salamence, go!" Busujima said, sending out Salamence. It's fierce glare caused Incineroar to glow blue.

"Salamence has the Ability Intimidate, which reduces the opponent's attack power the second Salamence is brought out. But it doesn't work on any new Pokemon Toby sends out," Will commented.

"Alright, Salamence, we're going strong right off the bat!" Busujima said, taking out his Key Stone, and tapping it, "Now, Mega Evolve!" he yelled, as Salamence Mega Evolved to Mega Salamence.

"Mega Evolution.... the hardest thing I'll probably ever deal with. So we'll just have to do our best! Now Incineroar, use Darkest Lariat!" Toby instructed. Incineroar then charged in using Darkest Lariat.

"Salamence, use Hyper Beam," Busujima ordered. Salamence then fired off Hyper Beam, that sent Incineroar back, and knocked out.

"Incineroar is unable to battle, the winner is Salamence!" Kukui declared, as Toby recalled Incineroar.

"Mega Evolution really is powerful. That Hyper Beam was way too strong!" Rusty commented.

"True, but it can't stop Hyper Beam's second effect. Salamence can't move for a while after firing it," Will replied.

"Alright, I know you want to get in here as soon as possible, but with Toxic Spikes out, I'll save you for later Tsareena. In the mean time, Metagross, go!" Toby said, sending out Metagross, "And just to level the playing field a bit, I think we'll follow your example, Busujima," Toby said, pulling out his Key Stone, and tapping it, causing it to resonate with Metagross' Metagrossite, "Alright Metagross, Mega Evolve!" Toby said, as Metagross began to Mega Evolve into Mega Metagross.

"Whoa, Metagross looks kind of like a satellite, or a rocket," Lincoln commented.

"Meteor Mash!" Toby instructed. Metagross then slammed into Salamence with Meteor Mash. It was then that Salamence was able to move.

"Heh, right on time. Salamence, use Dragon Tail!" Busujima ordered. Salamence flew in at Metagross, and smacked it with it's tail that was glowing cyan. Metagross was then sent back to it's Pokeball, and was replaced with Tsareena. Upon entering the battle, she became poisoned from the Toxic Spikes trap.

"That Dragon Tail is really troublesome. It not only damages your opponent, but can force them back into their Pokeball and switch with an able Pokemon," Will commented.

"Alright, not what I was planning, but we can make it work. Tsareena, use Dazzling Gleam!" Toby instructed. Tsareena fired off Dazzling Gleam, which caused a lot of damage to Salamence.

"Salamence, use Aerial Ace!" Busujima ordered. Salamence then swooped down into Tsareena, causing major damage that knocked out the Fruit Pokemon.

"Tsareena is unable to battle, the winner is Salamence!" Kukui declared, as Toby recalled Tsareena.

"You were great out there Tsareena. Take a long rest," Toby said, as he got out Metagross' Pokeball.

"Heh, a weakling will always be a weakling," Busujima said.

"Tsareena and Incineroar are not weak, and they've proven to be great friends to me since they joined up with me!" Toby said, as he sent out Metagross.

"All up to Metagross now," Fluttershy commented.

"Who has the advantage between those two?" Rhonda asked.

"Technically, neither one has an advantage over the other, but Metagross is really strong in terms of defense, since Dragon and Flying type Moves aren't very effective on it. But Salamence can use Fire, Ground, and Dark Type moves that Metagross is weak against," Will explained.

"Salamence, use Flamethrower!" Busujima ordered. Salamence then fired off Flamethrower.

"Metagross, deflect it with Psychic!" Toby instructed. Metagross then used Psychic to manipulate the Flamethrower, and send it into the air, "Now, use Ice Punch!" Metagross then charged straight into Salamence, using Ice Punch. Salamence, however, remained airborne, and roared loudly, signaling it was still able to battle.

"Use Dragon Rush!" Busujima ordered. Salamence then surrounded itself in energy, and charged straight into Metagross, "Dragon Type moves aren't very effective on Steel Types, but any amount of damage is better than nothing," Busujima said.

"Metagross, use Flash Cannon!" Toby instructed. Metagross then fired off Flash Cannon, striking Salamence.

"This battle is nuts! I can't tell who's doing more damage!" Lincoln commented.

"It may come down to this last move," Will replied.

"Salamence, use Dragon Rush!" Busujima ordered.

"Metagross, use Meteor Mash!" Toby instructed. Both Mega Evolved Pokemon then charged at one another in full force. Upon making contact, a pillar of energy from the collision erupted from the impact, which nearly blew everyone in the stadium off their seats.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Aggron (M), Crawdaunt (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Garchomp (F), Mimikyu (M)

Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Absol (F), Steelix (M), Toucannon (F), Gengar* (M) Smeargle (M)

Toby: Tsareena* (F), Incineroar (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Metagross* (N/A), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Gardevoir*(F)

Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)

Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),

Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)

Lori: Skarmory (F)

Leni: Milotic (F)

Luna: Houndoom (F)

Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)

Lynn: Gyarados (M)

Lucy: Krokorok (F)

Lana: Minccinno (F)

Lola: Jellicent (F)

Lisa: Beheeyem (M)

In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M), Barbaracle (M), Arcanine (M), Magmortar (F)), Decidueye (M)

Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Camerupt (F), Torterra (M), Alolan Golem (M), Probopass (M), Hawlucha (M), Crabominable (M)

Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M), Goodra (F), Espeon (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Meltan (N/A), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Mawile (F), Heracross (M), Scizor (M), Alakazam (m), Luxray (M), Charizard (M), Empoleon (M)Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Delphox (F), Ninetails (F), Noivern (M)

Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)

Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next