• Published 4th May 2014
  • 15,078 Views, 1,877 Comments

My Incredibly Convoluted Life as a Changeling Monarch - LordBrony2040



The brony changeling prince(ss) continues his/her/its life in Equestria...however shot it may be. Sequel to My Secret Life as an Evil Insect Overlord

  • ...
89
 1,877
 15,078
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 100 )

I don't remember reading this story yet it says I have read over 40 chapters, will have to reread I guess

An-an update?
I must be seeing things

Really? You have the help of a pony whose name will cause everything and anything to go wrong? I agree with Omnifarious, we're doomed.

Worse, the 'Wizard' she's referencing? It's pony-Dresden; and if she isn't Murphy's Law personified, he is. A short summary of pretty much all his adventures wouldn't be complete without at least one "And then everything caught on fire..."

Odd seeing this back, probably gonna have to catch myself back up at some point.

ITS ALIVE!!!

the party consisting of four quadrupeds and a biped quickly decreased in size until each of them could have walked through a hole on my leg without problem. And a moment later, they tell into the book.

fell.

its not go wrong
is is anything that can happen will happen good or bad

Ohh an update and a Dresdon Files camp... good times!!!

we wondered if Murphy would show up! She'll definitely be helpful!
So they get to purposefully incite chaos to bide time? Interesting plan.
Keep going! ;)

7941560 Yes, but he's still awesome and I would be really dissapointed if a guy that's so good at getting out of exactly this kind of situations wouldn't be of great assistance.

Yay! 1,400th comment!
I kinda wonder if he feels like he's lost his man card, at least until he started herding.

Here's hoping he includes more non main characters in these ongoing romps! :rainbowlaugh:

I finished re-reading this story yesterday!

.... murphy... whatever you do.... DO NOT TEMPT FATE

Oh my gosh this updated! :pinkiegasp::yay:

Laughed at the power rangers dying like that.

just watch murphy law ends up stay because she is Murphy law.

Oh happy day, an incredibly convoluted update!

Here we see a typical reanimation. Unless it's a zombie.

Great Scot! The fic LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that a Dresden Files reference I saw at the end there?

Wow... I can hear Copper Field crying out "It's not my Fault!" even now. Hopefully he has his Duster and Shield Bracelet.

7941939
The only way to be sure is to vigorously poke it with a stick. Ideally all of us should poke it several times.

Copperfield walks the land.

And Murphy follows after.

I really hope Discord is recording this, and those stabilised ponies are quietly getting slipped out of there. How shall it be done? Let me count the ways.

We could always use Flurry Heart and Pepper? :pinkiecrazy:

7941771 he already stated in some long far gone chapter that his man card is shredded and gone. She's the herd's little bitch and she knows it :raritywink:

And I don't think she actually minds... :trollestia:

yay is alive

great to see an other chapter of this great running story again, I was seriously wandering if I would ever continue, and I can't wait to see what you will come up with to the story.

The fuck is this?!

IT LIVEEEESSSSSS!!!

Almost two years, i still remember everything thats happened up to this point and i had to read this chapter the moment i saw it

Oh shit! An update!? :pinkiegasp:
I thought the author moved on! Wooo!

Woot more good story goodiness!

Very happy to see this story update again.

And I feel so very sorry for Murphy Law. That is just a cruel thing to have happen.

This must be a mirage... This story alive? after more that a year without updating.

I didn't think about the Book character named after Murphy's Law. I was thinking about the Dresden files book series from the info that SGT Murphy gave.
When I read her description:
:pinkiegasp:

Sweet bejeezus, IT'S BACK!!

I am not sure if you know this is a movie quote or not as the movie is vary old as in 1949 white heat with James Cagney.
yep I am showing my age hear at 53.
“MUHAHAHAHAHA! TOP OF THE WORLD MA!”

7941560 I can see the Chapter 53 intro already...

"Ponyville was on fire, and it was totally not my fault."

7943596
Kiiiinda hope the magical bullshit plot results in her staying around after this is sorted out.

In wondering, as its been a bit of a chekovs point of reference that sorta got dropped. Is there much that is ever going to get the whole old hive mind issue brought back up again? (or is it more going to languish?) As in wondering, given the nature of things, what answers might lie in there.

A Cop... named Murphy............(inhale) AWESOME!!!!!!!!! *Don't fan out over Robocop* *Don't fan out over Robocop* *Don't fan out over Robocop* Okay I think I'm good.

im hoping fae hasn't made any Fallout: Equestria stories, im not sure how well the bookworm's magic will handle a character who can only be killed by beheading, never mind one who could lift a house or has more cybernetics then a borg drone (thats not even considering the foes those ponys have to fight) if any of those show up then there likely won't be a ponyville by the time all is said and done


7971247

Please tell your being ironic.:ajbemused:

Pinkie looked back as me as she finished making her knot to keep the headband on and rolled her eyes. “Getting infinite ammo, duh,”

Tactical. Espionage. Action.

Holy shit.

NOOOOoooooo!! All caught up:fluttercry:. Well time to hibernate until the next chapter comes out.
ZZZZZZzzzzzz......

8128814 Yeah Spike is REALLLLYYYY lucky.

Woah... An update. Cool!

cutsie

cutesy

if the shelters your houses are still open

shelters of your

pony-balrogs flaming hoof

balrog's

singal

signal

isle three

aisle
and done.

8295990
And you've obviously never dealt with the aftermath of people who try to apply a simple solution to a complex problem only to have it blow up in their face. Something that historically has happened repeatedly with farmers trying to get rid of pests. The problem with folk wisdom passed down by word of mouth is that it isn't always very wise and is very good at forgetting its past errors. AJ wanting to do this? Fine. Fae actually doing it? Sure. But there being no unintended side effects? That's dumb, and also tonally inconsistent with the rest of the story, which is largely based around with dealing with the consequences of half-baked spur-of-the-moment ideas that weren't actually that clever with the benefit of hindsight.

This whole sub plot comes across as the author soap-boxing against the outcome of that episode. And while I agree that outcome was stupid, his solution is only slightly better. Objectively the whole episode was an example of shoddy writing, spectacle over substance, and shark jumping. It also threw a spotlight over how critically under-developed both AJ and Fluttershy were at that point in the series. (And also that STEM fields Twilight's education is never useful for anything.) Flutterbat was fun and all, but I can't help but wonder if she was invented whole cloth at some late stage, because someone suddenly vetoed the continuation of the original friendship problem the episode opened on.

Lol, did you make a Halo reference with that bit about Pinkie's headband(bandana) and unlimited ammo?

I've already posted several comments about how great I think this story is(especially Celestia), and I'd just be repeating myself if I reiterated on that.

I really like stories that feature changelings as main characters. Having the main character then be a changeling queen is just the icing on the cake for me. Definitely, can't wait for Fey to finally evolve into a fully realized changeling queen. It also might be interesting to have Fey molt her shell every six months(and seeing how she's about six months old.....) in order to have something of a bonding experience for Fey's herd while he/she is incapacitated and can't care for himself.

Can't wait for the next chapter.......whenever that might be. =)

Login or register to comment