• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 14,163 Views, 1,374 Comments

Responses To A Disgruntled Friendship Student - keaton-furman-prower



Princess Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle to Ponyville to learn about friendship. This is going to be fun!

  • ...
72
 1,374
 14,163

PreviousChapters Next
Brotherhooves Social

Author's Note:

Original letter here.

Dear Twilight Sparkle:

I wished to go to the Sisterhooves Social this year, but I was unable to do so due to my sister suffering a bizarre mental breakdown. Thus I was left with a great deal of free time, which I decided to spend by observing the Social from afar.

To say that I was perplexed would be an understatement. Apparently, it is perfectly acceptable for ponies who are not blood-related siblings (or formally adopted siblings) to participate together. Note the use of the word "siblings," as it is also acceptable for male ponies to enter the competition, provided they have dressed like mares. Finally, while sisterhood is never limited to just two individuals, I could find no indication of any teams that did not consist of exactly two ponies. Never three, four, or more ponies, only groups of two. Needless to say, I am worried about what this implies for triplets.

Regardless, I am most curious about the stallion. I did not know that it was acceptable to dress as a pony of the opposite gender while competing in a tournament for the opposite gender. Have these things really changed that much since my banishment? Back then ponies like him would have been burned at the stake. I always thought it was a bit extreme.

It appears I shall have to investigate more in order to find the answers. I shall speak to you further at a later date.

Sincerely, Luna.


Dear Luna:

Were you saying something? I was having fun times with some friends of mine.

Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle.

P.S.: Moondancer tells me she couldn't find a certain guard. Could you please send Flash Sentry to the friendship castle?


Dear Cadance:

When we go to Ponyville next week to tell my sister the news, can I be dressed like a mare? It's the only way I can feel safe with her around.

Your worried husband, Shining Armor.


Dear Diary:

Ever since the Fall Formal, I've been learning more and more about the world that Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, and the Dazzlings came from. This has gotten me thinking, and I have come to a most shocking conclusion.

You see, my parallel self in their universe is a princess. This, in and of itself, is astounding. However, princesshood in that world is far more exciting than in ours, for the princesses are alicorns. From what I understand, this means that they carry the shared traits of the three other pony races; strength, flight, and magic. More importantly, my counterpart has ruled the land for well over a thousand years, and she has complete control over the sun. And she has faced beings so powerful, they could destroy the world a thousand times over.

My counterpart does this. MY counterpart. A humble school principal's counterpart is an immortal sun goddess.

But that means...

I AM A GODDESS!!!

Sincerely, Celestia, goddess of Canterlot High School.


Dear Principal Cinch:

I should warn you to be wary of my sister. She has gone mad with power.

...Well, madder than the time she sent me to space camp for six weeks.

Sincerely, Vice Principal Luna.

PreviousChapters Next