• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 14,152 Views, 1,374 Comments

Responses To A Disgruntled Friendship Student - keaton-furman-prower



Princess Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle to Ponyville to learn about friendship. This is going to be fun!

  • ...
72
 1,374
 14,152

PreviousChapters Next
Swarm of the Century

Author's Note:

Original letter here.

Dear Twilight Sparkle:

First off, if being asked to deliver your report in person was such a bother, then why didn't you just say so? That way, I'll come over every week just to hear what you have to say!

Secondly, I always knew what those creatures were. It's just that it was so cute to see you struggling to bring order to the unstoppable chaos unfolding in Ponyville that I just had to let you have your fun!

It's a shame I couldn't attend the party, though. I was looking forward to seeing the book fort you'd promised me. Also, that banner would have given me a great way to point out how the ponies who live there are always messing up. I'm kind of pissed that Pinkie ate my cake though. Nopony eats my cake.

Oh well, it was probably full of drugs, anyway.

It's a shame (for you) I never taught you about parasprites, though. If you had known how to deal with them, none of this would have happened. It's even more of a shame (again, for you) that the only one who did know was the town gypsy, so you'd never care about anything she says.

No, wait, I meant junkie, not gypsy. Those are completely different.

Or are they?

In any case, It was probably a bad idea to leave that parasprite with your fax machine. Fairies are super-effective against dragons, and immune to them too. Fax machine could easily have been murdered in his sleep, so you really dodged a bullet there.

On the other hoof, Fluttershy's desire to spread her demon spawn all over town clearly meant there was going to be trouble. She may seem weak and helpless, but she sure knows how to create catastrophes. I swear, the next thing you know she'll be the one who ends up summoning Smooze and damning us all.

But I digress. I was actually quite impressed at how you managed to round up all those parasprites and roll them into the next town. It would have been quite disappointing if it had ended there, but once again, the “weak and helpless” Fluttershy does not disappoint! Thanks to her, a parasprite survived, and so the apocalypse began.

I must admit, I was quite surprised when those little fairy bugs began to eat the town itself. And even more so when you somehow managed to create an exact replica of Ponyville. But what surprised me most was Pinkie Pie's ability to somehow put together a one-pony polka band and single-hoofedly lead the parasprites out of town. Anypony else would say it was impossible, but being high probably warps your definition of “impossible”.

Seeing how well you and your friends worked together, I think you will really enjoy rebuilding together!

Your Faithful Team-playing Teacher, Princess Celestia.

P.S.: The water tower survived? Well, you might want to make sure it's still a water tower...

PreviousChapters Next