• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44: Operation: Storm Po Town! (Part 1)

Acerola went on ahead, as our heroes decided to swing into the Pokémon Center to recuperated their weary Pokémon. They were all just waiting in the lounge area, discussing their plans for the Grand Trial, since they had completed all of the trials on Ula'Ula Island. However, they found themselves at an impasse, "Without an understanding of what the Kahuna specializes in, we can't fine tune our teams," Toby pointed out.

"Well, we can at least narrow down the possibilities of the Kahuna's specialty," Lincoln commented.

"How do we do that?" Lynn asked.

"First, let's examine the Z Crystals we've collected so far. We have Z Crystals for Normal, Flying, Fighting, Water, Fire, Grass, Rock, Electric, Steel, Psychic, Ice, and now Ghost type Z Moves. What types are left?" Lincoln asked.

"There's Dark, Bug, Poison, Ground, Dragon and Fairy Types," Will replied.

"Well, that Guzma guy and Plumeria lady uses Bug and Poison Types, so we can, like, rule out those two," Leni commented.

"It's possible. So that would leave Dark, Ground, Dragon and Fairy. Fairy Types are weak against Poison and Steel Types, but are strong against Fighting, Dark and Dragon Types, while also being immune to Dragon Types," Will commented.

"If the Kahuna specializes in Dark Types, what Pokémon are good against them?" Lola asked.

"Dark Type Pokémon are weakest against Bug, Fighting, and Fairy Types, but are strong against Psychic and Ghost Types, being immune to the former," Toby replied.

"Then there are Dragon Types. They're only strong against other Dragon Type Pokémon, but are also weak Ice and Fairy Types," Silver Spoon chimed in.

"Then there are Ground Types. They strong against Electric, Rock, and Fire Types, but are weak to Water, Grass, and Ice. Also, Flying Type Pokémon are immune to Ground Type moves," Fluttershy added.

"Which means your teams will have to have Pokémon that can cover each of those bases," Lori commented. Just then, the bell chime went off, signaling that their Pokémon had been healed.

"I'm happy to report that all of your Pokémon are back to full health. We hope to see you again," Nurse Joy said, as the trainers recalled their Pokémon, and changed up their teams again. With that, they left the Pokémon Center, and made their way back to the Aether House.

"Wait, I just remembered. Didn't Sophocles and Molayne say the Kahuna was a Dark Type Specialist?" Lisa asked. They all then remembered the two scientists telling them about the Kahuna. However, after about a six minute walk, they saw there was some trouble at the Aether House, in the form of Team Skull.

"Hey now, what's all this?" Will questioned, as they rushed over to the commotion. Hau and Acerola were also trying to deal with Team Skull.

"Huh? Oh, it's you," Plumeria commented, annoyed at seeing the group.

"I knew these guys were crooked, but attacking a facility with children inside? How low can they go?" Lincoln grumbled.

"We heard there were some rare Pokémon being looked after here, so we came to snag a few to sell," the Butt Grunt retorted.

"That's enough!" Plumeria scolded, making the Butt grunt stand down, "I told you guys this once, and I will say it again, get in my way, and I won't hesitate to crush you all!" Plumeria snarled, as she sent out her Salazzle, Garbodor, Golbat, and Toxapex, as the grunts all sent out several Raticate, Grimer, and Scraggy.

"We need to drive these guys away! Go, Dhelmise!" Acerola said, sending out a Pokémon that looked like an anchor, attached to a ship's helm.

"Whoa, what's that?" Lynn wondered.

"Dhelmise, the Seas Creeper Pokémon, a Ghost and Grass Type. It swings it's massive anchor around, which is strong enough to KO a Wailord. For some reason, this Pokémon gets along well with Skrelp," Rotom explained.

"We need to give them some help too. Go, Decidueye, Hariyama, Marowak!" Will said, releasing his Pokémon.

"My thoughts exactly. Go, Primarina and Steelix!" Fluttershy said, sending out her two Pokémon.

"Let's go, Mawile, Incineroar, Flareon!" Toby said, sending out his three Pokémon.

"And you guys need to help out too! Azumarill, Lycanroc, Magnezone!" Silver Spoon said, sending out three Pokémon as well.

"I should get in on this too. Go, Primarina, Raichu, Jolteon!" Hau said, releasing his three Pokémon.

"We should lend aid too," Lincoln suggested. His sisters agreed, as they all released their Pokémon.

"ATTACK! ALL AT ONCE!" Plumeria ordered. All of the Team Skull Pokémon began firing moves, like Sludge Bomb, Air Slash, Sludge, and Quick Attack.

"Quick, Decidueye, use Leaf Blade! Marowak, use Flame Wheel! And Hairyama, use Arm Thrust!" Will instructed. All three of his Pokémon launched their respective attacks, knocking out a few of Team Skull's Pokémon.

"Dhelmise, use Anchor Shot on Salazzle!" Acerola instructed. Dhelmise then swung it's anchor, striking Salazzle, who did not take too kindly to that.

"Why you..... Salazzle, use Toxic on that Dhelmise!" Plumeria ordered. Salazzle was about to fire off Toxic, when a green barrier stopped the attack.

"Nice job with Safeguard, Elgyem," Lisa praised her Pokémon.

"Skarmory, use Swift attack!" Lori instructed. Skarmory then fired of Swift, which was able to knock out a few more of the grunt's Pokémon.

"Now Flareon and Incineroar, use Flamethrower!" Toby instructed. Both Fire Pokémon then launched Flamethrower, which was able to knock out a few more Pokémon, including Plumeria's Garbodor and Golbat.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" the battling stopped when Plumeria yelled out, "I have a message to you from Guzma. Some of our Grunts have taken a hostage back to our home base in Po Town. The four strongest trainers in this group is to come alone if they want to rescue the hostage," Plumeria said, as she, and the Grunts all recalled their Pokémon, and retreated.

"Is everyone alright?!" Acerola cried out, rushing into the Aether House. The others followed close after her. Inside, they saw Lillie comforting the two kids from earlier. who were crying, holding their injured Pokémon.

"What happened?!" Silver Spoon exclaimed.

"Those Team Skull thugs broke in, and took this little girl's Yungoos. They tried to fight them off, but there were too many of them," Lillie replied.

"Those numbskulls! They actually succeeded in something for a change!" Acerola exclaimed.

"That Plumeria woman said the four strongest trainers have to go to 'Po Town' alone. Where's that?" Lana asked.

"Po Town is at the north end of Ula'ula Island. You'll be able to spot it because of the ridiculously high walls," Acerola replied.

"But they said they have to go alone! That's totally not fair!" Hau complained.

"Fair or not, we know what we have to do now," Will commented, before turning to the Loud Siblings, "The ten of you should stay here and help hold down the fort with Hau and Acerola. It's more than likely that Team Skull will try something again, and we need someone to defend Lillie and these kids," Will suggested.

"We'll keep things in order here," Lincoln replied, as his sisters all agreed.

"I think it's safe to say we can forget about training up our other Pokémon for now, and bring a team of our strongest Pokémon," Toby suggested.

"I was thinking the same thing," Will replied, as he, Fluttershy, Silver Spoon, and Toby all left.

"Wait! Before you leave, head to that beach over there! Po Town is more easily accessible from the water way, but you'll need to talk to a Kimono clad man before you can go any further," Acerola said.

"We'll be sure to do that," Will said, as they left.


Later, at the beach,

When the team of four arrived at the beach within minutes, "Ok, looks like we can cut through that passageway there. The only problem is that there are huge rocks in the way, and I don't think Lapras has any moves that can smash rocks," Silver Spoon said, looking at a nearby canal, which was peppered with rocks.

"Perhaps, I could be of some assistance?" a man's voice asked.

"Wait, I know that voice!" Will commented, as they turned to see a man in a black and white kimono, standing before them. He had black hair, and looked to have black mascara under his eyes, "Grimsley! What are you doing in Alola?" Will asked.

"I am merely on vacation, as are Shauntel, Marshal, and Caitlan. I see you've taken in apprentices?" Grimsley commented, looking at the three trainers.

"Ah, yes. I've been helping these three out with their training. This is Flora, Toby, and Sylvia. Guys, this is Grimsley, the Dark Type Specialist of the Unova Region Elite 4," Will introduced.

"A pleasure to meet you all. Now then, I assume you've come to this dreary place in hopes of heading to Po Town?" Grimsley asked.

"Yes. They've kidnapped a Pokémon, and we're going to rescue it," Will replied.

"I see. Well, if you want to reach the shore on the other side of this bay, you're going to need to smash through those rocks. In that case, I'll give each of you a new Ride Pokémon, suited for breaking rocks in the water," Grimsley said, as he took each of their Ride Pagers, and uploaded something into each of them. Will then took a look at his Ride Pager.

"Oh, so we're now able to use Sharpedo?" Will asked.

"Indeed. Sharpedo's power in the water is enough to shatter those rocks to bits. But, I have a bit of advise you may not even bother heeding. Team Skull's stronghold is crawling with grunts, even outside the perimeter. Only those who are confident about taking them on or those who are going to join would go there," Grimsley stated.

"Well, even if we'll be heavily outnumbered, we still have to try to rescue the Pokémon they stole," Will said, as the other three mounted their Sharpedo.

"Very well then. But before you leave, I have a little bit of interesting news to share with you. Alder and Iris, along with the champions from all the other regions are coming to add commentary at the Alola Pokémon League, and that's including some guy named 'Leon' from some place called 'Galar'," Grimsley added.

"Well, that should make for quite the turnout. I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm on a mission with my students," Will said, mounting his Shapredo, and following after the three others.

"And hopefully, the situation with Team Rainbow Rocket will be resolved in time for the League," Grimsley commented, as he pulled out his phone, "It's Grimsley. No sign of Team Rainbow Rocket just yet. I'll continue monitoring Alola," he said, putting his phone away.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Aron (M), Blitzle (M)




Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Steelix (M), Pupitar (M), Probopass (M), Bronzor (N/A)




Toby: Incineroar (M), Metang* (N/A), Flareon (F), Mawile (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M)




Serenity: Lopunny (F), Vikavolt (M) Eevee* (M), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)




Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Glaceon (F),




Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)





Lori: Skarmory (F)





Luna: Houndour (F)






Lynn: Gyarados (M)





Lucy: Sandile (F)





Lana: Minccinno (F)





Lisa: Elgyem (M)



In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M), Pumpkaboo (Large Size)(M), Yamask (F), Litwik (F), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Haunter (M)


Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F), Hawlucha (M) Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Toucannon (F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Yamask (M), Litwik (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Haunter* (M)


Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Vulpix (F), Delphox (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Noibat (M), Pikachu (F), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F) Haunter (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Litwik (M), Duskull (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Yamask (F)



Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Pachirisu* (F) Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M),



Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Blastoise (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), , Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Shroomish (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Elekid (M) Butterfree* (M) Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Litwik (M), Yamask (F), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M)

Totem Stickers So far: 80/100

PreviousChapters Next