Comments ( 283 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 283
geb
geb #201 · Jul 6th, 2019 · · ·
TAustraeoh
Rainbow Dash flies east.
Imploding Colon · 213k words  ·  2,755  88 · 54k views
TTo Try For the Sun
Facing starvation in an endless winter, the young filly Celestia attempts to raise the sun... and finds a wonder that her cynical mind had never conceived.
Rune Soldier Dan · 5k words  ·  1,798  19 · 18k views

or

TPrincipal Celestia Hunts the Undead
The faculty of Canterlot High battles otherworldly horrors with style
Rune Soldier Dan · 91k words  ·  1,336  25 · 17k views

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but...

EUnexpected Relations
She was adopted - that much was for sure - but it had never been brought up. Not that it was really needed, but it was on her mind quite often now.
Edward256 · 33k words · 455 views

:scootangel:

Here's one that I am in the process of turning into a comic.

[Adult story embed hidden]

EThe Silent Shore
What secrets of old Equestria hide in the deep woods and upon the silent shore?
The Descendant · 15k words  ·  223  2 · 5k views
EHow to Preen Your Chicken
After a long day of flight practice with Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash teaches the filly a little about preening.
Drakkith · 2.8k words  ·  3,826  48 · 42k views

And finally, as another user did, here's a trilogy.

EVanilla Twilight
A night of soul-searching for Rainbow Dash leads her to an unexpected revelation about her friends and her feelings.
Quillery · 6.7k words  ·  1,354  31 · 24k views
EDreams and Disasters
A globe-trotting adventure gives Rainbow Dash the perfect opportunity to admit her feelings for Twilight, if not for her own ego getting in the way.
Quillery · 99k words  ·  1,262  28 · 13k views
THold Your Color
The fate of colors in Equestria are in Dash's hooves as an ancient artifact tied to her family is stolen. Old enemies are rising from the darkness, vying for her life, and time is running out.
Quillery · 98k words  ·  470  30 · 6.6k views

Btw, what would you consider a "finished story"? Would you count against unfinished sequels? Like someone posts the first book out of, say, 5, but the 5th is unfinished? Maybe something worth double checking in each of these posts, following any string of sequels.

Comment posted by Sparks the griffon deleted Jul 6th, 2019
EThe Glass Blower
A young artist in love will do whatever it takes to satisfy his heart.
Cold in Gardez · 10k words  ·  1,184  27 · 21k views
TThe Moon's Apprentice
Twilight Sparkle failed her entrance exams for Celestia’s school. Worse, she is a danger to both herself and others, resulting in her magic being suppressed. Dreams crushed and now one of the weakest unicorns, a nightmare comes to her.
Forthwith · 412k words  ·  3,780  170 · 47k views
ELessons Learned from Loyalty
Many ages after the original adventures of the Elements of Harmony, a young stallion soars high into the clouds, searching for the Element of Loyalty.
Whateverdudezb · 14k words  ·  816  14 · 4.5k views
TMy Harshwhinnial
Medal Pector'al Biathlon Lula Whinny is an ALICORN, not a troll, ok? So this is an ALICORN fic like "My Immortal" but less goffik. also sports
horizon · 14k words  ·  106  88 · 2.1k views

ETwo Ponies
Smudge loved well, and loved deeply -- perhaps too deeply for those ponies he left behind.
TwilightSnarkle · 12k words  ·  96  0 · 1k views
TPride
It should have been a simple raid on the ponies’ livestock, but they had prepared some kind of ambush. There had to be some reason he had been spared, and whatever that reason was, he would probably need all his strength to face it.
Inquisitor M · 13k words  ·  87  6 · 2.1k views
TRUN
There's only one rule: never stop moving.
Stereo_Sub · 6.6k words  ·  203  5 · 5.7k views
TThe Mailmare
The Equestrian Postal Carrier's Hoofbook lists three circumstances under which mail service may be suspended. The end of the world is not one of them.
Bad Horse · 12k words  ·  359  6 · 4.2k views

Needs more ChuckFinley (family friendly of course)

TLuna, Princess of Space
Space Princess Luna returns to New Canterlot to charm her love and root out a dangerous spy known only as The Broker. Find space, spears, and thrilling intrigue in this dashing planetary romance!
Neon Czolgosz · 14k words  ·  252  8 · 4.6k views

Of the massive number of amazing fics on this site, I couldn't justify any more or less than these three. A good start here is

EShipping and Handling
Ditzy Doo winds up in the matchmaking business
Pegasus Rescue Brigade · 131k words  ·  2,733  60 · 29k views

Shipping and Handling is an amazing fic, with well written and understandable characters, interesting plot, and more than enough happy moments. I can easily consider it one of the best fics we've got.

Of course, Alarm Clock is quite the story as well.

EAlarm Clock
Ditzy Doo sees things nopony else can see: higher-dimensional spatial anomalies, fae creatures, and eldritch abominations. She solves problems that other ponies don’t even know exist. But now, she may have bitten off more than she can chew.
Meta Four · 51k words  ·  558  8 · 8.7k views

There's not much I can say that does this story justice, it's funny, interesting, and just the right amount of bizarre. It's shorter than many of the other nominations, but I don't think that's a bad thing. With the thousands of stories on this site that go on forever(also not a bad thing.) sometimes it's nice to just have a shorter adventure to retreat to.

And of the three, the one I most often find myself coming back to time and time again,

TThree Wishes: The Cutie Mark Crusaders Before They Changed The World
The Crusaders learn that they aren't like other ponies. As they uncover the secrets of their origins, the trio grow closer than ever, discovering not only their unique nature, but the incredible power that comes with it as well.
Xepher · 69k words  ·  1,223  16 · 19k views

Three Wishes is likely the best CMC story out there. There is almost nothing I can say about this story that doesn't take something away from it.
With that said, I'm going to stop typing nominations as if they were reviews written by a half asleep rabbit, I hope these aren't to late too get some real consideration, I consider all three equal contenders for the spot of best story.

A couple really good ones I could choose, but I’m choosing one of my favorites.

ETangled Up in Blues
Blues tells of the big heartbreaks and little joys of his life, and how a bluespony made it happen.
The Descendant · 39k words  ·  217  2 · 4k views

Besides kicking off a raft of intriguing side stories, this fix is the gold standard for dialog that comes across as natural and organic.

TLooking Glass
When Sunset sees herself as an alicorn in a magical mirror, she goes looking for answers, eventually going through the mirror into another world. Some things are better left alone though, as she finds herself trapped in the other world as a child.
Krickis · 195k words  ·  854  38 · 11k views
TThe Things Tavi Says
Let me tell you a few things about my roommate, Octavia. After all, she saved my life.
shortskirtsandexplosions · 223k words  ·  1,149  46 · 12k views

The Weed by kudzuhaiku.

TThe Fishbowl
Vinyl remembers the doll. It's unmistakably hers. Except it's in Octavia's closet. Why do they have the same doll – and the same memory?
Shrink Laureate · 84k words  ·  234  8 · 2.9k views

So many great fics that I've read over and over. So many fics that I'd recommend to someone in a heartbeat. But for the greatest fic ever you need something that everyone can enjoy. So I've only been able to upvote 3 fics...

BUT that doesn't stop me from adding a fic that while I might not feel deserves the win does deserve to be considered

EOut Of Space
Running low on pages to talk across the dimensional rift, Twilight reads what might be Sunset’s final message to her. However much to Twilight’s surprise, there’s also another message to a different pony.
Justice3442 · 5.8k words  ·  1,022  22 · 14k views

Didn't see this one on here:

And one on a smaller scale:

ESmall-town Charm
Twilight has seen some odd things in Ponyville.
Cold in Gardez · 4k words  ·  1,179  34 · 13k views

Well, crap. I have a version of this in process. :facehoof: Different take, at least. (I assume, anyway.)

TThe Last Pony on Earth
One day, Earth. The next, everyone is gone and I'm a pony. What the heck is going on?
Starscribe · 105k words  ·  2,091  84 · 26k views

If you pop the story link in the 'Insert Embeddable Content' option on the comment toolbar, that should make the story card appear. :twilightsmile:

I find it kinda funny that I didn't find out this was a crossover until I started reading the sequel. As it stands, though, and with zero knowledge of what the series that crosses over, this is probably the best murder mystery I've read on this site.

Also, TwiGuard series.

TTwilight Sparkle of the Royal Guard
Twilight Sparkle is the newest member of Celestia's Royal Guard. Fresh out of the Military Academy, she's ready to prove herself, but will her first assignment be too much for her to handle?
King of Beggars · 80k words  ·  2,905  44 · 35k views

Because, c'mon.

Have to add one of my favorite stories of the whole fandom and what made me create an account so I knew when it was updated.

TVinyl and Octavia: University Days
Vinyl Scratch and Octavia go to university.
DawnFade · 71k words  ·  8,040  128 · 120k views
EThrough the Well of Pirene
[Now EQD Featured!] A young girl must travel to Equestria to rescue her kid sister from the clutches of a terrible magician.
Ether Echoes · 358k words  ·  1,510  94 · 26k views
TTo Be Remembered
The world is vast and so is time, but not even that can hide the existence of an ancient city forever.
MrSpartan · 9.5k words  ·  869  20 · 17k views
EThe Numbers Don't Lie
An ancient magical artifact causes floating lie meters to appear above everypony's heads. This causes Twilight to reflect on honesty and friendship. Based on an idea by theworstwriter.
shortskirtsandexplosions · 20k words  ·  3,675  58 · 36k views
TTraitor
The story of "Twilight's Kingdom" from Discord's point of view.
alarajrogers · 29k words  ·  370  6 · 8.1k views
TUnnoticed
On one of the last nice autumn days for his first fall in Ponyville, all Spike has to do is collect late fees and a lost book from a unresponsive library patron. A pony who isn't answering letters. A pony who might as well have never existed.
Estee · 18k words  ·  691  14 · 8.3k views
THistory Repeats
The return of an ancient threat spurs the Ponies to seek out an ancient ally... but is she still the heroine she once was?
SaddlesoapOpera · 59k words  ·  1,086  42 · 19k views

I can't believe no one nominated this yet. It's the one ponyfic I keep coming back to.

TMy Little Alicorn
A magical prank backfires, leaving Celestia stuck as a filly and Luna having to take her place.
InsertAuthorHere · 180k words  ·  2,982  61 · 41k views
TFive Hundred Little Murders
Flitter thinks Fluttershy is the weakest pony in the world. Flitter has never confronted what Fluttershy's job really means. Nopony ever wants to or should. Now Flitter has to. And 'weak' will turn out to be exactly the wrong word.
Estee · 11k words  ·  1,134  25 · 15k views
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 283