• ...
20
 260
 4,391

A surprising Answer

Author's Note:

New chapter and a quick announcement as well, What I like to call the rewritten Rework has been completed with all chapters being so called 'rewritten' with Grammar corrections and better structure

Rainbow began, "The answer we have is," but Scootaloo abruptly interrupted.

"Why are you doing this?"


"What do you mean by that, I've already explained why." Gazing at Scootaloo, I expressed my confusion as to why she would pose such a question.

"Not really; you've explained why we should and why it's necessary, but why would you specifically want to adopt the five of us as your 'Daughters' when we don't even know you?, all we really know about you is that you're a consular at Rainbow's and mine school! what all five of us here really need to ask ourselves is 'Why you?' Out of all the people we know and have grown comfortable to, why should some random woman from Whitetail help us after only knowing us for a month or so? The Dazzlings, as you mentioned, were found by you at the mall, and you took them to the shelter. That's it! Nothing more. You hardly know us, no offence intended." The only reason I wanted to help them was because I knew them from when I was Sunset, but that isn't a valid reason here, I reminded myself silently, without any plausible explanation for why I made my request. Scootaloo made me realise how trapped in a corner I was.

The other girls' expressions were all over the place after Scootaloo said before she left, "Your silence tells me all I need to know." Sonata appeared worried, Adagio was even worse, glancing at me indifferently, Aria was just staring out the window, either processing what had been said or getting tired of it all, and Rainbow appeared to be deep in thought. I took a deep breath before finally sitting down at the table, not having the mental strength to stand much longer after what Scootaloo said to me and the others.

"She has a point, you know?" Rainbow finally spoke. "I know we have all opened up to you in one way or another, but we... don't really know you. The only thing we know about you is that you're from Whitetail, that you're twenty-one, that you're our new consular at Canterlot High, and that you've become friends with some of the staff," she said, and I instantly understood what she meant. That concludes it. I wanted to give her something, any response at all, but she wasn't wrong. I had absolutely nothing.

When Sonata eventually said, "It was quite out of the blue, even for a decent person to do," I turned my gaze from rainbow to her.

"What do you mean exactly?" I questioned, not quite understanding what she meant.

Adagio remarked, "I think I understand what she means," just before Aria spoke for the first time in a long time and eventually turned away from the window she was peering out of.

"Sonata is the only one of us three who sees you as a guardian; me and Adagio see you more as an outsider who show far greater interest in us than she should. What she means is that you went above and beyond for us three, more than any other decent person would, even Celestia wouldn't do what you did for us, checking up on us every few weeks, risking your job and reputation to let us get back to Canterlot High. None of it adds up. We will accept your offer However, we won't start calling you mum or entrusting you with our personal matters anytime soon. even though Rainbow and that little youngster share the same views to ours." Aria spoke up with a firmness that surprised me because she was typically more reserved and more egocentric of the three.

"I hate to say it but I also share a similar opinion" Rainbow began "I know us two have shared quite a lot of personal issues and troubles but, we still don't know each other too much either besides personal Feelings and issues we've never really sat down and talk as just friends let alone mother and daughter, at best we are people who have just become friends, nothing even close to what your trying to do, like Aria said am not saying no to your offer but it isn't gonna start making me think of She concluded Lightly

"I wish I had something more to give as a reason but am not gonna lie or make up an excuse you all have a right to be suspicious of me or at least not trust me, as you have said we don't really know each other at all, other then a few personal moment or acts of helpfulness, am glad your at least fine with me becoming your guardian, but I promise to try to take it slow from now on, no more surprises, no more major decisions, I'll talk to Scootaloo once I let you all be on you way, wherever she is" I said honestly as they all nodded cautiously

Comments ( 8 )

Scootaloo is pretty smart.

11837754
I think Rytr might help. Have you tried that out? I should warn you though, it’s an online AI. Is that a problem for you?

I have read the whole story so far and you keep making the very same mistake: The job posicion Sunset just applied is called Counselor, not Consular. Consular is to be said for activities relevant to a Consul, who is a diplomat representative of one nation in another, in another words: an Ambassador.

"I hate to say it but I also share a similar opinion" Rainbow began "I know us two have shared quite a lot of personal issues and troubles but, we still don't know each other too much either besides personal Feelings and issues we've never really sat down and talk as just friends let alone mother and daughter, at best we are people who have just become friends, nothing even close to what your trying to do, like Aria said am not saying no to your offer but it isn't gonna start making me think of She concluded Lightly

Is something missing here?

11842431
I've been using Grammarly. It helps. That said I've started shutting it off when not in use for editing. The program has had AI added and it has become extremely bloated.

11842836
yes the AI has really been making it harder and harder to work with Grammarly, its why ive stopped using it but its also made it harder due to me not using it and all, a lot of things get by me

11842772
....how the hell has this slipped by me

11844080
:rainbowderp: *Shrugs* I have no Idea, but when in doubt, is better to find a dictionary, regardless if is an actual book or an online website or app.

Althought I'm still scratching my head about why Twilight and Celestia make her legal documents IN Equestria when it would have been made a whole lot more better sence if Sunset could have them aquired in the very same way as the ones she originally have in the Human World? Unless they are her own old documents and ID's with illusionary spells that show her current identity, supposed data and notice me not spells on it so nobody notice they may be fake documents or don't pay attention about the validity of said documents.

Still, great Job with the story though.

Login or register to comment