• ...
20
 260
 4,378

Settling in

When Scootaloo abruptly leaped onto the couch and turned on the TV as soon as we entered my apartment, I grinned and grabbed the bag that she had carelessly tossed to the ground.

I grabbed it and headed to her new room, where I noticed she was watching a Wonderbolts game. Although I wasn't particularly interested in that kind of stuff, I figured I might as well at least pretend to be.

She glanced at me and grinned. "So I see you warming up to the place quite quickly," I added happily.

"Well I haven't been able to watch Tv for a while and I get to watch the wonder bolts some of my favourite people in the world," she smiled.

"Who's your favourite person in the whole world, then if it's not any of the wonder bolts?" I posed as ignorant when I inquired.

She answered hesitantly in the conclusion, "That would be Rainbow Dash; she's the fastest and best football player I have ever seen. She's also my idol; I also see her as a Big Sister," before her expression turned melancholy.

"What is it?, why do you look sad?" I questioned her, worried about how she could have gone from being happy to sad so quickly.

"She probably thinks I'm a freak," Scootaloo stated, I understood what she was thinking, but I also realised that it wasn't abnormal; rather, it was natural.

I softly pleaded, "Scootaloo, look at me," and she raised her eyes, tears starting to form.

"If anyone calls you a Freak again, you instantly come to me understand or go to Rainbow whichever you are comfortable with, you understand?" I spoke out; she appeared bewildered.

"how would that be helpful?" To say I was shocked that she would think that would be an understatement, along with the fact someone predicted I would invite her to live with me, would be to say "you are just a teacher who pities me don't think I can't see it, you're only doing this for your subconscious, just like she said you would do."

I said genuinely and honestly, "Scootaloo, if that was the only reason I would have been much more strict and rude, who's been filling your head with this stuff, I would never do this for you just to ease my subconscious," and she gave me a look of disbelief.

"You are probably right seeing as the one who told me this is also the reason my friends broke off their friendship with me," she said. I did a double take right away because not even I could break their friendship during my reign of terror over the school. she added gloomily.

"Who was this person?" When I asked, she gave me a straight look.

"She's been around for a while, and while I don't know her name particularly, she usually has this kind of swirly hair." I stared at her, utterly amazed at the details, and she replied, "Along with a bow in it, but she lost her old red one so she wears a blue one now. Her hair is an interesting colour seeing as it's turquoise but pale turquoise, that's all I know."

"Why are you looking at me like that," she asked.

"I'm just stunned that you can remember such little details of someone, not even me and some of the other staff can manage that," I replied with amazement

She smirked, "And people still wonder how I got into the top class." I merely chuckled a little.

I gladly answered, "I guess that would explain it," as I glanced at the time and realised it was almost nine o'clock at night.

"Okay, time for bed, scootaloo," I firmly remarked, and she frowned at me.

"Do I have to go to bed now I want to stay up a bit longer?" She remarked that, despite my immunity to that specific tactic from my time as an equestrian, she could still make the cutest expression possible.

She refused to move, so I grabbed her up and said, "No, I'm sorry, scootaloo, but it's a school day tomorrow meaning you have to be up early to make it on time."

"Seems like my plan worked," she said, and I was perplexed as I peered down at her.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked

I simply grinned at her response. "I just wanted you to carry me to bed so I didn't have to," she replied, sounding even more smug than before.

"You win this time," as I placed her in bed and covered her with the covers.

I shut the door and said "Scootaloo, sweet dreams, have a good sleep."

She said swiftly and nervously, "Good night, M-I mean Sunny," as I was closing the door.

Author's Note:

Thought I would try a different kind of chapter to see if you guys would like it or not also Hi pete and kittyrinnakio

03/03/2024-rewritten