• ...
20
 260
 4,391

The first Encounter

When I looked over my shoulder, I saw that I was taller than I had been. I used to be about 5.6 feet tall, but I felt like I was closer to 6 or 6.1 feet now. I didn't mind, but I honestly had no idea how much a change in height affected my ability to balance on my legs.

Okay, I thought as I started to walk towards my flat, I need to get back there and figure out what to do from there. However, seven minutes later, when I was about to pass the human version of Celestia, she came around the corner and put a hard on my shoulder. At first, I thought I had been caught, but what she said next surprised me: "One of your jacket buttons is undone." She smiled at me.

She was right, I looked down. With haste, I put it back on. As I extended my hand to greet her, I said, "Thank you for telling me, sunny skies and yours."

"Celestia Everfree but you can call me Celestia," she stated while shaking my hand. "are you new to town I know everyone here and I am quite sure I haven't met you yet," Warmly, she said.

"Yea, just moved here in fact. You can call me sunny if I'm calling you Celestia it is only fair." I questioned, knowing that the job I had before would probably not believe me if I told them I was sunset. "I need to ask, do you know where I could find a place to work around here?"

Though Luna was the consular officer, Celestia startled me by saying, "Well, I do have an open consular position at the school I run."

"I was just wondering what happened to the person who came before me, since schools usually have consular due to how important they are," I said, feigning ignorance of the fact that it had already been filled when I had left a few days before.

"You see my sister who is also the vice-Principal was the consular as well unfortunately some account run by a student exposed that she went to jail and that she was the gang member known as nightmare moon," I hugged her right away and said, "It's okay what happened in the past stay's in the past and if these students of yours can't understand that then they may need a lesson or two on forgiveness," as her voice cracked before she started crying. Celestia gave me a quick glance and a nod.

That's how we remained for two minutes before she continued. "Thank you and I know I shouldn't ask but how old are you since you look 18 and no offence 18 would be a bit young for a consular"

"I am 21 years old," I declared firmly.

She said, still a little shaken from her earlier breakdown, thinking I hadn't noticed before she walked away. "Yeah I thought you were probably older just had to make sure, come to my school tomorrow and we can do a possible interview, you can also meet my sister, Im afraid I must be off but thank you I couldn't keep all of it inside me until we meet again Sunny."

When I turned the corner, I considered what I needed to do tomorrow: first, get some clothes for my new size; second, go to Canterlot High and meet with Celestia for a proper interview; and third, if I do get accepted, I will have access to more areas to investigate. As I settled into bed, I realised it was later than I had thought and remembered I would have to get up earlier than usual to make sure I had everything. At least now I know she doesn't think I'm sunset because she would have probably accused me of being anon-a-miss despite having proof herself. I pondered this before I went to bed and fell asleep in a matter of minutes: "Fourth, make sure to get support from the other teachers to try and get forgiveness and acceptance to be done in classes, hopefully preventing any rash decisions by an angry student."

Author's Note:

This had deleted itself after i finished it making it so i had to redo it-Rewrite coming soon since i realised i did this chapter with 2 hours of sleep and the celestai ripping sunsets head off makes no sense i know i will fix it when i have slept-rewrite number 1 done,most likey will come back and rewrite aging but i still have another chapter for this and my other story which i hadnt updated in a while

02/03/2024-Rewritten 2