• ...
20
 260
 4,365

Investigation

After talking to Trixie on Wednesday, it had been a few days, and now it was the weekend. I had checked in on Rainbow, Pinkie, the Dazzlings, and Wallflower. Today, I was going to hang out with my principal and vice-principal, who are also my mother and aunt in a different capacity. It's awkward, but I accepted their invitation and had some questions for them anyhow. As I kept thinking about how strange and awkward I would feel today, I enjoyed the fact that it was almost time to meet them at Joe's Doughnut Shop.

As I left my flat and headed towards Joe's, I considered the questions I would ask. The situation with Trixie was one of them. Another was how Luna and Celestia are sisters in this world, but they have different last names, which would make sense if one of them had gotten married. The biggest mystery I couldn't figure out was why neither of them had the same last name—Principal Celestia's was Everfree, while Luna's was the same as a specific student.

I stopped my thinking as soon as I walked into Joe's doughnut store.

As usual, Joe exclaimed with warmth and enthusiasm, "Well, look what the cat dragged if it isn't one of my new favourite customers, Sunny Skies."

"Oh you know me so well Joe for someone who has only known me for a week or so," I laughed.

"Well, it's what I do best, seeing as the more I know my customers the better chance I have for me predicting their order speaking of which, I'm guessing your orders gonna be a couple of chocolate doughnuts like last time?" He made a prediction, which both pleased and irritated me due to his skill, even though I realised it too late—it had been nearly five days since I had entered.

I asked him inquisitively, "How do you manage to remember every person's order who comes in here," but all he could do was laugh.

"That my dear Sunny is a secret I will take to my grave, are you meeting anyone by chance?" It was becoming absurd, so he inquired how he could know that.

"I'm seriously considering that you have some type of mind-read powers or something," I replied in disbelief

"Well Sunny, the only reason I know is cause Tia and Lulu already told me plus there over by the far booth waving at you, Anyway, here's your order, hope you enjoy and until next time," he added with a smug tone in his voice. As I took my food and moved to the booth with them, they had sat on one side so I would be opposite both of them. I muttered, unhappy that he hadn't told me they were here.

After welcoming me and noticing that Luna thought you handled the Rainbooms situation better than she could at the time, Celestia said, "Sunny, I'm so glad you could make it. Me and Luna were just talking about how good you are as both a consular and punisher." Luna nodded in agreement.

I laughed a little and added, "Oh, you give me too much credit and to be honest, we both know Luna loves giving out punishments for the students," to Luna's annoyance, to which she responded with a few groans and Celestia's small laugh.

Luna pouted and stated, "I won't deny or confirm what you said, but this is not the place to discuss it."

"Anyway, as I have you both here, I did have some questions for you two," I added.

Luna asked, "Okay, so what student or teacher do you want to know about?" Celestia simply nodded. I was shocked, and I relished the fact that they probably believed I meant someone else.

"Oh no you got it wrong. What I want to know is why the two of you have different last names along with Luna having the same as a certain student who puts on magic shows." I Asked then saw both of them had become pale and were silent.

"You see, the reason I have a different name is that I'm married," Luna stated, blushing slightly. Although I had previously assumed as much, I felt that this was an understatement, and the actual question was: Who is Luna's other half?

"Well first things first congratulations, I might be a bit late but it's nice to know you have someone other than Celestia and me to turn to along with your other friends, of course, second whos the lucky man who captured your heart," I replied as I returned to my joyful and fun self.

"Well he's a commander in the army, his name is Sombra," She said before I almost spat my drink out, but I wasn't surprised because I knew that multiple universes existed, so it wasn't that unbelievable.

"So now that I know that why does Trixie have the same last name as you?" I wanted to be sure, even though I knew the answer when I asked.

"Well, that's because Trixie is my niece and Luna's daughter," Celestia remarked joyfully, a hint of pride showing.

"Oh that's why she almost said mum when I asked her about the relationship between her and Luna," I replied quietly.

"Sunny, can you promise us that you will not tell any of the students or other teachers about this?" Luna urged me to understand why, since people would just think that due of their relationship, Luna and Celestia would be forgiving of her.

"Talk about what to the rest of the school?" I asked while pretending to be clueless.

"Thank you, Sunny," Celestia grinned and replied with pleasure.

I smiled and answered, "No problem, I mean, what are friends for," though I was still curious as to why Celestia's last name is Everfree. It can wait until later.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update been busy

03/03/2024-Rewritten