• ...
20
 260
 4,267

A magician conflicted

After giving Pinkie her punishment—a week and a half of detention plus a few homework assignments—I had just finished giving Rarity and Applejack the same because new witnesses claimed that after Pinkie had punched Rarity, she and Applejack had teamed up to get her, which is why it was a response and not one that would help them. Today, though, none of them received anything because it would go into effect tomorrow. I looked at my schedule and saw that I had an appointment with a student named Trixie Lulumoon Moondrop, and I thought immediately of Trixie. Despite the fact that it is her name, the last part confused me: Trixie's last name is Moondrop, not Lulumoon. I didn't know this before, even when I was in control of the school, so I guess I'll have to ask her. Luna would be the only other person who would know, and she left early for a personal reason that only Celestia knows, but that isn't my business. It's time to find out what Trixie's problems are.

I was taken aback to discover Trixie inside my office when I opened the door. Luna is the only person who has a spare key, but she hasn't been at the school for an hour. I had locked it less than ten minutes ago.


Trixie replied, "The great and powerful Trixie was wondering when you would show up," in her typical arrogant voice that she has used for years.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting however I must ask how did you even get into my office I and Luna are the only one with Keys for it, not even Celestia has one," Confused as to how she got in, I asked

I closed the door and then locked it to make sure no other teachers or students walked in and heard anything they shouldn't have. "The Great and Powerful Trixie never reveals her secrets," Trixie remarked, enjoying the attention.

"So what brings you to my office today or is this just a weekly check-up you and Luna did?" I questioned her when I sat down. When I said Luna, I saw her eyes slightly widen before they returned to normal, which led me to realise that there was another Luna-related issue going on.

"Well, since you have to be aware of This is how the great and strong Trixie and M-I mean Luna meet every few weeks to talk about various topics and other issues." Trixie stated as usual, smug and happy, but it was pausing mid-sentence before mentioning Luna, which suspicious me.

Calmly, I added, "Now, from what I have seen and heard, most people think that your full name is Trixie Lulumoon correct," but I soon noticed Trixie's demeanour abruptly shifted from casual to serious in less than a second.

Trixie said, "What do you mean that's what they think my full name is," and I was shocked to see that she hadn't used the third person to address herself.

"Trixie It is rather evident in your school records that your name is Trixie Lulumoon Moondrop, am I correct?, Trixie, I'm not going to question what I found because this is meant to be about you, so anything bothering you lately?" I asked her as I searched for Moondrop in the school system, now wanting to see what her parents looked like and their names until I froze when I saw who it said had the name moondrop as their last name. She looked around, sweating.


"Well you see one of the people who I considered an arch-nemesis was accused of doing so many things wrong, but I don't see why they would they Had better means of doing when by that they are accused of using, especially this person, I don't know to think it's her or just a person seeking revenge using it," She said, shocking me by actually having tears in her eyes. I always assumed that because of how resentful we were of one another, even after the autumn formal, she would never feel sorry for me or support me, but she is divided.

"I can't tell you what answer is correct that question is all up to you and your heart, I will not let my judgement affect your decision in this seeing as it would be unfair for me to give my opinion on this situation," I stated with a sorrowful face.

"I'll have to think about it, but you have helped if only a bit something better than nothing, thank you Sunny skies that helped, anyway The Great and Powerful Trixie must be off its getting late until we meet again in the future my friend," If the information about Trixie's mother is accurate, then an certain individual will need to talk to her when they come back from whatever reason they have, I groaned and placed my head on the desk as Trixie left.

Author's Note:

03/03/2024-Rewritten