• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 24,522 Views, 2,056 Comments

To: Anon, From HRH Sunbutt. - Snow



Celestia responds to the friendship lessons penned on behalf of her faithful student by the newest ponyville weirdo.

  • ...
31
 2,056
 24,522

PreviousChapters Next
From Tia, To Anon RE: Letter 83

Author's Note:

Letter 83: Here.

Writing this one was interesting. I'm fairly sure I stayed in the Teen rating, and true to Tia's reaction to something like this. Additionally the idea of intent-based effects on ponies arises at least in part due to a fic I read ages ago (named Ponies Are Squishy) that essentially demonstrated it's practically impossible to hurt a pony without actually meaning to.

Dear Anon,

Admittedly I... rather assumed you knew what you were doing. Alright. I think we should discuss this face to face, but let's soothe that mortification for now.

First of all, one of the most important things about touching a pony anywhere is the intent with which you do so. And I do not mean 'it is acceptable to grope somepony because you're curious' but more... If you intend to touch somepony out of affection and care, it will be soothing and pleasant. If your intent is of a more sexual nature, it will be pleasant, but certainly less soothing. This is how a pony may bond with and excite their partner with nothing more than a few little kisses or nips. Some areas are more... in tune with this latter kind of touch than others (some of which should be obvious) but, suppose a foal is seeking comfort and tucks against a mare's belly and teats. The sensation associated is more akin to a warm hug in a different part of the body than anything untoward -- even if the foal is not your own. Additionally how else do you think a massage with hooves could be pleasant?

The chest area of the barrel (yes we grow a bit more 'fluff' there than elsewhere) is one of those areas a pony can, well, reach, during intercourse easily. A shift of the neck, a half-turned nuzzle, all make the neck and chest areas particularly sensitive toward affectionate touch. They're also very vulnerable areas on a pony, and so permitted touch to those regions suggests a great deal of trust.

If it is any consolation, I of course did not experience any gratification, but it was very pleasant and soothing, as well as very novel since magic doesn't feel quite the same.

In short, yes the region is more susceptible to inappropriate touch, but only if the touch is really meant to be inappropriate. That said, it is still very inappropriate to touch areas which are almost exclusively for intercourse without informed consent, and I suggest you consider the Apple Family's method of harvest should you ever do so, as well as the height of the average pony compared to a biped.

We'll talk soon,
Tia

PS. You are forgiven for your ignorance, but remember that ponies are often very touch-oriented, and it is both acceptable and expected to have friendly contact with a pony you consider a friend from time to time.

PreviousChapters Next