• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 24,514 Views, 2,056 Comments

To: Anon, From HRH Sunbutt. - Snow



Celestia responds to the friendship lessons penned on behalf of her faithful student by the newest ponyville weirdo.

  • ...
31
 2,056
 24,514

PreviousChapters Next
From HRH Hot Potato, RE: Letter 29

Author's Note:

Letter 29: Here.

To my faithful student, Twilight Sparkle,

Unfortunately it is true that kindness being paid to others is not always returned immediately, but I am so very proud of you for wishing to return a lost infant to its mother. Animals of more instinct-driven intellect are sometimes driven to, in the case of large litters or harsh times, abandon the least capable of their young so that they may ensure the survival of others, or if things are considerably bad, themselves. I'm still certain that involving Fluttershy was the correct thing to do, and I know that you desiring to care for such a being likely helped strengthen your friendships.

While Anon's idea of perhaps maintaining distance and being careful of the skunk's natural defenses did have a certain merit as per avoiding a tomato-based fate, I once again am pleased that you were able and willing to extend your empathy to a lost kit and try to find their home.

Your loving mentor,
Princess Celestia

PS. While there is no specific spell to counteract skunk musk, there are a variety of herbal remedies a bit more efficacious than tomato juice. I have included a few within.

PreviousChapters Next