• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 24,320 Views, 2,056 Comments

To: Anon, From HRH Sunbutt. - Snow



Celestia responds to the friendship lessons penned on behalf of her faithful student by the newest ponyville weirdo.

  • ...
31
 2,056
 24,320

PreviousChapters Next
From HRH Cell-in-a-Hell, RE: Letter 82

Author's Note:

Letter 82: Here.

To my most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle,

Professional wrestling is choreographed to an extent, my faithful student, some more than others. The purpose of the venue has always been entertainment, and if only the most efficient methods of, say, takedown were utilized, it'd become very dull very quickly. Moreover, an actual fight would prove dangerous to the health of the participants on a level that would be unacceptable; it is rather disturbingly easy to kill a pony by accident if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

As you well know.

That said, ponies don't like it shoved in their face that such things aren't completely unscripted beatdowns as they would wish to appear, and so the disclaimers are usually waived except on media which is actually bought or sold, which tends to use words like 'spectacle' 'extravaganza' or 'exhibition'. That last one suggests a show in particular.

Still, I digress, and would like to introduce you to a concept known as 'suspension of disbelief.' It suggests that something is interesting, entertaining, or moving enough to temporarily forget or choose to ignore that what you are seeing is not 'real', or at least isn't as it seems, for the sake of enjoyment. There are a variety of books on the subject.

Your loving mentor,
Princess Celestia

PS. Did you know I was a professional wrestler for a grand total of fifteen minutes?

PreviousChapters Next