• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,329 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,329

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 54 – The Beginning of Hyper Sunday

Author's Note:

So much could happen on Hyper Sunday that I came up with this idea while creating the chapter, I figured that this would work better and wouldn't feel extremely compacted spacing it out. The way this came together made me think about Gabby overall on how she is in the episodes she appeared on, with all the positives she'd had there were faults in it too.

The next chapter I got a idea what to do already, but love to hear your thoughts and ideas too, maybe one of them will sneak in, who knows.

Comment, stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 54 – The Beginning of Hyper Sunday

In the Royal Dining room Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Gale and Blueblood sat at the table having a mid-morning breakfast, Gale enjoying his pancakes with a messy covered whipcream beak, Celestia reading through some reports and forms that Blueblood returned with she had to sign, as she did Celestia ate pancakes and drank some tea, Cadance talking to Luna about ideas of her wedding to come in the beginning of summer with Shining Armor.

The plan of the day for them was to have a some what simple quiet day till that plan was already about to be uprooted. “It seems your trip to Manehatten been quite the successful one Blueblood, these deals will not only help the companies there but the ponies that work at these places.” Celestia look through the pages.

“It took some convincing but I must say that I even outdid myself on this one aunty.” Blueblood said with pride putting a hoof to his chest.

Celestia using a quill she made to appear from her magical pocket dimension to sign the paper. “Safe to say that all of this can be approved, it will be a benefit for all beings in Equestria.” Blueblood smugly accepted the praise from Celestia for his hard work.

A knock came from the west hallway doors. “Come in.” Luna called out.

The doors open for a guard to walk in and salute. “Princess and princes, I do apologise for disturbing your breakfast but a griffon at the gates calming to be Griffoness Gilda cousin.”

Cadance sighed. “Again...” She got from her chain. “I will go Aunty.”

Celestia raise a hoof. “Wait, usually a guard from the gates don't come up, they are dealt with by Captain Armor and reported after the fact.”

“Indeed...” Blueblood said dryly getting a agreed nod from Luna.

Celestia raise a hoof to the guard. “Lieutenant please continue.”

He lower the hoof standing to attention as he spoke. “The griffon whispered a word to me that would confirm her to be the cousin of the Griffoness.”

“And that word is?”

“Erm... Princess should I tell you in erm... private?” He started to get a bit nervious.

Celestia shook her head. “I am sure it be fine, please tell me.”

The guard coughed into his gold hoofshoe first and responses. “This is a exact quote from the griffon... 'Gilda gave me this to open when I got to Canterlot from my delivery of the letter to Gustave and to say this to one of you quietly to pass on to her, Trollestia.' End quote...”

Celestia kept a very natural calm look but deep down she was cursing a mile a second upon hearing that, Luna burst into laughter falling backwards off her chair rolling around, Blueblood stared in shock, Cadance giggling under her hooves and Gale pointing to Celestia. “Mum, Gilda say, remember Gilda say!”

“Thank you...” Celestia nod to the guard. “You may go, but please do not repeat what you were told to anyone else if you may?”

The guard sweating crazily shakingly salutes. “Y-yes princess... N-no-not a word.” He quickly using the magic to open the doors and leave in the best orderly manner he could muster.

Luna still on the ground holding her gut with the forelegs trying to catch her breath. “Are you quite done sister?” Celestia raise a eye.

“Ooo yes... Hehe... The best breakfast ever has been doubled!” She raise a hoof up before finally getting back up on all fours using the magic to pick up her chair. “You really know how to pick them don't you sister?”

Celestia showed a slight smile. “Indeed I do Luna, I am going to greet this cousin of Gilda's she must be trusting to give such a word to pass on.” With that Celestia was gone in a flash.

Gale tilt his head. “Mum, anger?”

“No cousin, embarrassed maybe, a bit pride wounded but that about it.” Cadance said to Gale.

Blueblood look over each of them. “It seem I am out of the loop on this, care to explain 'that' word and why a griffon allowed to call aunty Celestia such things?”

Luna smirked. “The things that I and my sister got up to back in the day would bring nightmares to you Blueblood.”

Blueblood didn't like the sound of it. “I believe I do not wish to know aunt Luna, I have some... Paper work to complete, good-day.” He got up from the table and left the room.

Gale turn to Luna with curiosity. “Before Nightmare thingy?”

“Before Nightmare thingy.” Luna calmly replied. “I'll get around to telling you someday about it, that a promise nephew.” Gale squawks happily and go back to eating. “For now it a bit sensitive...” She whispered to herself going back to eating while they await for Celestia's return.


Celestia appears not to far from the gates, taking the short walk to them the sound of hoof steps came from behind, turning her head to see Shining Armor trotting up to her. “Captain.”

“Princess, you do not need to worry I'll deal with this seventh griffon this weekend...” Shining stated as he continue to march over to the gate.

Celestia open a wing across blocking him. “I believe this one is different.”

Shining looked up at her. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, Gilda's little word about me was received.” Celestia said closing her wing up. “Come but keep quiet.” Shining nods and follow her to the gate.

They started to hear a overly bouncy happy female voice speaking towards most likely a guard. “-here these would work perfectly for your wedding anniversary!”

The guard voice came afterwards with surprise. “Th-These are-”

“Yep that are! Funny story about them! I helped the owner of the theatre after doing some mail runs and he was sooooo greatful for my help he gave me them.” The cheery voice souls a little. “But I am not into the whole musical play things and wasn't sure what to do with them.” Her voice suddenly turned back to high forms of happiness. “Now I know what to do with them and give them to you!”

“I-I don't know how to thank you thank... We love musicals and always wanted to go there...” The guard sounds very happy as Celestia reach the gates to see the mix tone grey griffon, she looked very pleased with the way the guard reacted, he giving her a hug and she returning it.

Celestia kept just out of sight from them with Shining Armor listening in.

Gabby giggled. “I am just happy that your happy! Now all I got to do is wait for Princess Celestia to turn up or that guard to return.”

“What did you say to him by the way?” The guard put the two tickets away.

“Oh Gilda wrote it here.” She pulled out the letter from the bag pointing to the part with the other talon while hovering on the spot flapping her wings. “It something Gilda calls her when-”

Celestia makes her move to come to the gate, Shining Armor quickly moving up to her side as they walk through to greet the young adult griffon. “Hello young griffon, I gather you are the cousin of Gilda?” Celestia spoke looking down upon the grey griffon.

The griffon looked up. “Your Princess Celestia! I saw only pictures and statues of you! WOW your really tall as others said you are!” She giggled slapping the side of her head in a mockey way. “Silly me! I am Gabrielle but I like being called Gabby, yet Gilda always call me by my name.” She put her talon out. “It a pleasure to meet you!”

Celestia warmly smiled placing her hoof upon the talon and shook a few times. “It a pleasure to meet you Gabby.”

Shining Armor step forwards as Celestia move her hoof away. “I do lik-”

Gabby grabbed his hoof as he raised it towards her with both talons shaking it. “WOW! Your Captain Blue Hooves! The one that getting married to Princess Candy! Congratulates!” Gabby interrupted him with overwhelming excitement.

She let go the hoof but it kept shaking till Shining put it down on the ground. “Okay I am convinced...”

“Convinced?” Gabby tilt her head. “Oooooh!” She clocked on what he was saying. “Gilda wrote what you look like right here, pony in armour without hoofshoes that have blue colour hooves, also getting married cause Gilda saw you pro-”

Shining Armor put a hoof on her beak. “Yes that is correct, you don't need to go into any more detail okay?” She nods and he remove the hoof from her beak. “My name is actually Shining Armor and I proposed to Cadance.”

Gabby giggled. “Gilda and her nicknames, she like you if you gave you one!” Gabby happily said to Shining holding up the paper. “Gilda wrote on the envelope telling me not to open it till I did my delivery to Gustave le Grand, a letter from his aunty in Griffonstone, she got word on how his restaurant doing amazingly well!”

Celestia hint to the letter. “May I?”

“Here you go!” Gabby let Celestia take the letter.

Celestia took a good look at it. “It definitely Gilda's talon writing and she summarised the last few weeks on here too, quite the short talon she got working here.” Celestia gave the letter back. “I wouldn't be surprised that Gilda kept back more about her past and family.”

Gabby nods. “She not exactly the one for speaking about that kinda stuff.” Gabby fold the letter up putting it back in her bag picking up the box off the ground. “I usually don't do deliveries on a Sunday but I wanted to really meet Gale so I had the letter and just thought what the heck and come!” She said rapidly and in one breath.

Shining Armor raise a eye. “Fair enough... But you or he never met yet, why would you be driven to meet him?”

“That easy silly! The letter said that Gale see Gilda as his big sister! She the first REAL griffon he met and WOW talk about how effecting her to even call him her little brother!” Gabby explained dancing on the spot with rapidly tip tapping of talons and paws on the spot. “I am sooo excitement to meet a new cousin cause he and Gi-”

Shining used his magic to close her beak again. “I get it and understand, I have to say your one of the most hyper friendist griffons I ever met.” He remove the magic from her beak. “Please try and rein in some of that excitement, you might scare him.”

Celestia hummed slightly thinking about that, she could see that playing out. “I have to agree with the captain.”

Gabby salutes. “Got it!” She grinned. “Sooooo... Can I meet him?”

Celestia nods opening her wing to let Gabby through, Gabby squealed in delight flying past the gate while holding the box under one foreleg. “Quite the griffon don't you say Captain?”

“Quite the griffon indeed, I bet you twenty bits she haven't planned anything up to meeting him.” Shining Armor said without looking at Celestia walking into the castle.

Celestia gave a smile. “I will accept your bet Captain.” She glanced over to the guard. “Have fun at your first anniversary marriage Sargent Shieldwing.” Celestia follows Shining Armor, the guard looked stunned without a word said, Celestia somehow knew and he wouldn't be able to figure out how.

Gabby standing inside the entrance of the castle looking around. “Oh wow look at this place! It so huge! I bet I would easily get lost in this place!”

“I believe you would.” Celestia said from behind her. “Come with us.” Celestia walk by Gabby with Shining Armor.

“Okay!” Gabby happily followed them up a flight of stairs.

Shining Armor glance to Gabby as they walked. “What do you know of the kiddo?”

Gabby walking on three of her four legs while holding the got with the fourth looked up thinking about the letter. “Some of it was confusing, I read it a few times to be sure but I still confused.”

Celestia watch the guard salute as they pass each that on portal or stand at their stations. “About my son on how things are not as they seem?”

“Yep!”

“I advise not speaking of it here, what wrote on that letter isn't widely known.” Gabby took Celestia's word with the heed of warning. “I am curious about how you are different to the others.”

Gabby shrugged. “I never liked being mean and greedy, I like to help and doing deliveries is one way of doing so, even if the griffons at Griffonstone don't show it and slam doors in my face.” Gabby recalling how rude every griffon is. “But once a year on the Blue Moon Festival they not so mean, I get to spend time with Gilda enjoying the only day she would call me Gabby.”

“I recalled Gilda mentioning that.” Shining Armor recalled what Gilda had said before. “Never knew the name, but now I do.”

They turn heading towards a set of two large doors. “I do have a question for you Gabby.”

“Shoot!”

As Celestia nod to the guards and they open the doors to the dining room Celestia asks the question. “In your excitement of coming to Canterlot to meet my son Gale, did you think of what you would do after meeting him? What kind of activities you might do with Gale?”

Gale peer over his chair with a mouth full of pancakes chewing on it with his eyes set upon Gabby's, he getting to see another griffon that suppose to be Gilda's cousin, her blue eyes looking back upon his own golden brown, he swallowed and waved a talon. “Hi!” He squawked happily.

“Hi!” Gabby waved back happily and now stared into space as if all her boundless of endless energy just stopped upon realising the one thing she didn't think about. “No...”

Celestia summoned a bag of bits giving it to Shining Armor. “You win this round captain, now how about we suggest some ideas shall we?”

Shining took the bag of bits. “I believe we can brain storm a few.”

Celestia put a wing over Gabby. “We all living beings Gabby, we all sometimes rush head on into things that once we reach the go... The goal is different to what we thought it be.” Celestia move her wing and walk inside. “Come and join us.”

Gabby took in what Celestia said and realised being face to face with the young prince...

The goal was different...

A wave of nervousness has washed over her...

PreviousChapters Next