• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,289 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
63
 1,560
 14,289

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20 – Turn to Canterlot

Author's Note:

I noticed some are curious about Gale's former life, how the human seem to be gone. It maybe true or not but there will be things about this in time. I don't want to rush this ruin what been created so far.

Another clue to this has been shown yet I won't say what exactly it is. Like to see if you all figure it out.

I got a rough idea of the chapter title for 21... It either

Gilda and Gale
or
Gilda's Day One

What do you all think?

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 20 – Turn to Canterlot

The sun setting as Gilda stared out the window of the calm and beautiful landscape, the colours of the sun's rays giving it an extra feel of special beauty. Gilda turn away from it walking down the corridor passing a guard, she glanced at him as she past without a look back.

Gilda stopped at a open down seeing it was a bedroom cabin, Shining Armor eased Gale down from his back onto the bed without the aid of his magic. The captain put the plush under Gale's foreleg and the teenager hugged it close to him mumbling slightly as he sleep.

“Thought he never let me go...” Shining Armor whispered rotating his foreleg joints and his neck slightly.

“He'll be back to normal by the time he wake up.” Gilda responded.

Shining finished by placing the bed sheets over him. “Sweet dreams kiddo.” He smiled softly and turn around to Gilda watching.

Without a bat of the eye lid to her standing by the door he spoke quietly. “Last time I did that was when my sister or even Spike had nightmares.” Shining Armor walked to the door making sure the lights were still on but dimmed and closed the door after exiting the cabin.

“Purple your sister huh?” Shining nods as he point a hoof away from the door, Gilda walked with him away from it feather down the train carriage.

Shining Armor glance to her. “And Spike is more or less our little brother.”

“That partly explains why he gave me my heirloom back, doesn't explain why he not a horder like a dragon is.” Gilda rubbed the underside of her beak. “Griffons back at home just as bad as dragons with hordes.”

Shining Armor gave her a puzzled look. “You don't seem to be one if you gave a heirloom to Spike to begin with.”

Gilda shrugged. “I am just trying to make enough bits to get out of town. I b-” Gilda paused. “Now looking at you and her I can see it. You are brother and sister, this the second time I babbled almost about my own life, what is it with you two?”

Shining shrugged. “I guess we got one of those faces that you can trust.”

“Or it just a family thing with you two and Spike.” Gilda chuckled. “You got a good family.”

“Are you being sentimental with me?” Shining Armor raise an eye brow.

Gilda stopped and stared at him. “You had to ruin it with a stupid pony feeling fouf fouf didn't ya?”

Shining Armor brow lowered as he tried to think of what she just said to him. “What? All I-”

“Yes I know what you said you dweeb.” Gilda put her talon on her forehead shaking it slightly. “Why you think I'm being sentimental is beyond me.” Gilda lowered her talon walking away.

Gilda waved her talon in the air not looking back. “Laters Blue Hooves.”

He watched her walk away. “Did I miss something?” No response from the guards part from a quick glance at each other. “Griffons are soooo confusing...” Shining Armor muttered to himself turning to head off to the officers quarters in the royal carriage.

Gilda walked a bit farther down stopping at a door open an jar, she took a peek to see it was Princess Celestia sitting at a desk with a quill in her magic writing away on a sheet of paper. “Yes Gilda?” Without looking up Celestia spoke out to the griffon peeking in.

Gilda moved her head back from the door surprised at first but with a roll of the eyes she put the talon in the crack of the door sliding it open. “Hey Princess what'cha up to?”

“The usual Princess stuff.” Celestia countered raising her head up to look at Gilda now. “Come in and close the door please. I been hoping you would come by.”

Gilda closed the door after entering. “That why you left it open by a crack didn't ya?”

Celestia smiled. “That is very much true.” She gestured to the cushion in front of the desk.

“What is it you want to speak to me about?” Gilda sat her flank down on the cushion with talons in front holding up her upper body.

Celestia put the quill down. “I was thinking about Gale, he has no knowledge of what it is to be a griffon part from the instincts he shown to have.”

Gilda brow hardened. “I agreed to teach him to speak and write, not teach him what it is to be a griffon. He can do that on his own.” Gilda strongly responded to the request.

“Why?”

“Because I don't want to!”

“That doesn't answer the question... So I ask again. Why?”

Gilda growls. “This is stupid! I am out of-” The horn glows from Celestia and the doors she noticed are sealed by a golden transparent glow. “What the idea!?”

Celestia sat calmly as Gilda now on her paws with talons on the door trying to open it. “Answer my question.”

“NO!”

“Answer the question Gilda.”

Gilda growls turning around to Celestia. “Fine! The griffons are self-centred greedy no good for nothing asses! Only a few didn't turn into those idiots that care nothing but their horde and stupid bits! I am not going to teach Gale about our kind so he could become like them! Now you know let me out!”

Gilda was right in Celestia face standing on the desk and all the papers scattered on the train floor, her beak only inches from the muzzle with fury in her eyes. “Not quite yet Gilda.”

Gilda clench a fist. “I will give you five seconds to open that damn door or I will punch you in the face! Princess or not!”

Celestia just kept her smile not phased by the threat, calling on Gilda's bluff. “Very brave but you won't.” Gilda growls and unclenched her fist. “Your really anger but you are more curious now on why I am keeping that door sealed and I got four words.”

“That is!?”

The truth about Gale.” Celestia voice echoed and Gilda with a flap of her wings jump off the table landing on the cushions. “Ah you remembered our arrangement, it is what we spoke of did we not?”

Gilda dropped cross legged on the cushions with forelegs crossed keeping that anger annoyed look written on her face. “You dweeb! Start with that next time, instead of I need a favour crap!”

“Duly noted.” Gilda saw a sly smirk as Celestia spoke.

“Duly noted my ass, you did that on purpose!” Gilda Points at her.

Celestia collected all the papers with her magic placing them in neat piles in files behind her. “That is very true Gilda and now after having my fun...” Celestia gave her a serious look. “It time to talk about my son and reveal to you the whole truth.”

Gilda noticed the scroll she signed was on the table. “What this?”

“I am giving you the option to tear it up after I am done talking to you.” Celestia look down at the scroll on the table.

“That serious hmm?”

“Indeed... This will take hours to explain. I hope you do not mind some hot chocolate to drink and a roast potato with butter on it to eat while I talk.” Celestia using her magic offering the food and drink to Gilda.

Gilda took them with her talons. “Not at all.” She put the plate on her lap and taking the cuttery to start eating with the hot chocolate resting on a saucer to her side. “Well, get on with it. Enough stalling.”

Celestia nods and start to tell the events about how Gale came into her life in the last week, how he may have arrived during the strange blue magical aura event through out Canterlot City. Hours passes by as she continue to tell Gilda what happened through out the week that past to their arrival at Ponyville.

After everything was laid out to Gilda, she stood staring out the window at the moonlit landscape. Celestia haven't attempted to speak to her since telling her everything about Gale, the griffon been in that same spot for over half a hour.

Celestia got up from the table standing beside Gilda looking out at the night-time scenery, neither looked or said a word for a few more minutes till Gilda broke the ice. “Knowing what I know now... I wish I didn't.” Gilda said to Celestia without shifting her gaze.

“You asked remember.” Celestia responded.

Gilda closed her eyes taking a deep breath. “I know... Now I have to be more of a griffon than I am.” Gilda opened her eyes looking at the transparent reflection through the glass of herself.

“I don't care what he was before, it is what he is now. That dorky cub need a griffon to teach to be a griffon.” Gilda put her right talon against the cold glass window.

“So you got what you want you dweeby highness.” Gilda remove her talon from the window walking over to the door.

Celestia undid the spell on it looking through the transparent reflection at Gilda whom looked back. “Goodnight Gilda and thank you...”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “Don't count your chickens before they hatch you dork... And goodnight.” Gilda open the sliding door and left Celestia alone in her cabin.

Celestia picked up the contract and put it under her wing for safety. “It seems she chosen.”

Celestia tidied up the plates, cups and her paper work before leaving the room, walking down the corridor of the train carriage she opened the door to look upon Gale sleeping in the large bed. “Sweet dreams my sweet little Gale and sister may you guide him to peaceful dreams.” Celestia whispered closing the door.

Celestia walked down to her own private cabin on the train upon entering it she closed the door behind to get as little sleep she can get before she has to raise the sun.

Gilda in the room next door hears the hum of the magic from Celestia as she settles down, the griffon lying on the bed with one talon behind the back of her head and the other up above holding the chain of the gem attached to.

“Got played by a Princess.” Gilda stared at the gem. “Who would of thought?”

Gilda's tail twitches and she hanged the gem up beside the bed, turning to her side. “I'll get her back for that trick she pulled.” Gilda grinned as her eyes close. “Celestia you won the battle... but.. I'll... Win the war.”

The griffon soon was fast asleep with a devilish smirk on her beak dreaming of how she out play the Princess of the Sun, Celestia.

PreviousChapters Next