• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,304 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,304

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 82.5 – A Nightingale Reflection

Author's Note:

Upon a trade and actions taken, the results of them have consequences.

Now when you read this chapter, the comments will be most definitely welcomed and you know why.

Stay safe and healthy all.

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 82.5 – A Nightingale Reflection

Gallus leaning against a tree near the Abysmal Abyss had decided to have a casual chill day, the dream adventure was something and after all that excitement while he slept, this blue griffon needed some just plain old relaxation. “Just me, the hollowing winds of the abyss and no weirdness.” He shifted a little content with the day been so far.

Moments later Nightingale land by the gorge, she stepped up to the land bridge remains. “Here we are dad...” Nightingale slowly walked up to the edge looking down into the abyss. “Little over 730 years ago in the Inverse Reality you threw that piece of gold into this abyss, yet it happened again with King Guto here.”

Gallus opened his eyes seeing her standing at the edge, the strong bursts of wind from the abyss unfazzing her as she continue to gaze down upon it. “What is she doing?” He sat up watching her now.

“Unlike here, there was only one new transfer of power, the king gave his crown to the princess, his daughter, and with that crown it took me years after dad's passing for Griffina to begun a beacon, Griffonstone to be a central transport hub through out the country.” Nightingale picked up a rock and dropped it down in the abyss.

Gallus had gotten up and heard what she just said. “So one of those cross reference things to do with that other Griffonstone?”

Nightingale turn her head seeing Gallus. “Matter fact it is, and this was the place funny enough the idol was tossed into the abyss by my dad, same location that one eyed monster Arimaspi fell when lightning happened to strike the land bride of all times.” Nightingale said and picked up a crystalised rock tossing it to Gallus.

He caught it, looking at it as if a shell over solid rock. “A rock in crystal?”

“That caused by highly charged lightning that was discharged.” Nightingale turn away from the edge walking up to Gallus. “After our little dream adventure, I been thinking about my Griffonstone again.”

Gallus frowned putting the crystallised rock down. “That the version you took crazy amount of years to make it a shining beacon of all griffon kind right?”

Nightingale sat down looking out to the empty skies ahead. “Yes, but it wasn't all that shining, there was a lot of factors that played into it, some really bad, some really good or just the avenge griffon raising like a beacon to show how we can grow that bit more.”

Gallus sat beside her. “I bet the skies around here were crowded.”

Nightingale laughed a little. “Oh it was, cargo and passenger airships flying in, mail griffons to ponies delivering small parcels to a personal letter from love ones, a market buzzing with all kinds of creatures selling their wears to make it big.” Nightingale put her talon on Gallus'

He look down at it and out to the mountains. “Wouldn't mind seeing that.” Suddenly a window of magical light appeared before them, it was showing the skies filled with ponies, griffons and dragons, with airships with and without blimps attached to them. “Wh-what is that!?”

“It my home! That exactly what I said it look like!” She remove her talon from him to point at it and the window disappeared in a instant. “Where did that image go?”

Gallus felt the tingling feeling through his wing, looking to see that flight feather was glowing slightly. “I think it was me, that feather lit up and erm... That happened.”

Nightingale thought about it and turn to the city. “Gallus please go with me on this one, I think what we saw was a time echo, a reflection of my home, could we try again this time looking at the city?”

Gallus look to his talon than to he feather, he saw the look she was giving him. “For a almost 800 year old you sure don't act like it at times, your looking at me as if your a cub wanting more ice cream!”

“Oh and those big blue marbles with a quivering beak isn't one?” Nightingale countered.

“Urg! Fine let's get this out of the way!” He lift his talon to her.

Nightingale took it and nothing seem to happen. “Weird...”

Gallus rolled his eyes. “What a surprise, the stupid magic feather does whatever it want to do! I bet it can't even show us what it would look like right this minute!” Suddenly the magical window reappeared upon him saying it, what they saw was a city in ruins, the large tree half it size with castle remains all over the city, buildings in ruin.

Nightingale's heart skipped a beat seeing it. “Th-that not possible...” She saw the endless blackness beyond the city, it seemingly look like day time without the sun. “That my Griffonstone at this current time...”

Gallus eyes dart left and right at the view they were seeing, he saw airships where they crashed, parts of the mountain seemingly broken away drifting without gravity, pieces of wood, cloth, buildings and even parts of the large Griffonstone tree drifting around. “Wh-what happened to it!?”

“What happened is not the question, the question is how?”

Gallus gave her a sharp anger look. “The city is in ruins! Things are floating when they shouldn't and you ask that kind of question!?”

Nightingale nodded as they continue to hold their talons together keeping the connection open. “Exactly, a week ago Zerra caused the reality to cease to exist upon midnight of my mother's birthday, the Sphere that housed the Inverse Reality is gone...”

Gallus suddenly realised what she meant, quickly looking back at it. “Sweet Grover...”

“Exactly my own shock...” She felt sick to her stomach, it was twisting and she wanted to throw up, but held it together from years of practice of being a ruler. “That blackness is all we should be seeing, no Griffonstone, yet we looking right at it.”

Gallus looked around at the real time reflection from the Inverse Reality. “Does that mean some griffon could of survived?”

Nightingale recalled Gale's wish. “It could be... But how does one travel to reality that is now only a mountain size?”

“I want to know how I am even doing this!” Gallus now paid more attention from the ruined city in the magical bluish white ring window to the glowing feather. “The only thing I could do with it when I first got this stupid feather was to hide it, now it doing all this!

Nightingale looked at it peering over him slightly. “You got it first? As if someone gave you that feather?”

Gallus turned his head. “Yeah, it was some weird underground cavern with this massive glowing tree, some female lived there and exchange one of my feathers for hers, she said something about our encounter wasn't to be, along the lines of knowing who I am, I know she could be even avian or part cause of that talon I saw.” Gallus suddenly recalled something else to it. “She said timelines! Out of many timelines this was not to be!”

“So she took a feather from you exchange with one of hers to study yours, most likely to study a map of timelines...” Nightingale thought about it. “If she can peer into different timelines that means-” She looked at the window into the remains of the Inverse Reality. “-you have been given that ability too...”

Gallus rolled his eyes. “Wow, that great and all, but why now?”

Nightingale thought about it. “Maybe it something to do with touching me, I am a griffon that almost 800 years old, who the daughter of Celestia and Grover, the mix of two-

“Don't you even go there, I know what you are going to say and I-” He cringed. “Now I got that in my head, thank you very much!”

“I wasn't going to say th-” Gallus remove his talon from her's.

Gallus sneered. “It something I shouldn't be hearing! I am only thirteen for Grover's sack!”

“For the last time I wasn't even going there! Your the stupid feather brain that jumped to that conclusion!” Nightingale snapped back. “I was saying I am a mix of two races! Have the looks of a griffon, act of a griffon and have the magic of the Alicorn in my blood! That why my feathers shimmer and flow without wind!”

“Whatever! I don't care about this Alicorn, griffon mix in you, I don't want to do something like that again!” He point to the closing window. “I didn't ask for this! I didn't want that stupid whatever she is in that underground cavern to give me that stupid feather!” He pointed to the shimming flight feather. “All I want is for that moment to never have hap-” He angrily said to Nightingale waving his talons around and pointing not only to her, but to himself and the-

Nightingale saw him pause in mid pointing with beak open with shock and surprise, his pupils were shrunk staring at something behind her with all anger suddenly melted away, she slowly turned around to see-


The avian stood before a well of water with the underground lake and tree in the distance, she moved the talon over the water dropping the feather in, opening a bottle and pouring a golden liquid into it. “With the potion completed, the feather within the well of time, answers I seek shall be enlighten.”

The feather engulfed in the golden liquid and forms into a flowering bud that rose from the well, it opens with light blue peddles, dark blue pollen shimming with golden light. “Now show me how he came to be here, the bearer to be, Gallus of Griffonstone.” She put the drawing on top of the flower.

A explosive blast of golden light shots up above her, she watched it explode with different strains of light, all but one fade out and that one continue to go up explode again. It shift it one of the sparks with the rest fading again, it continue to do this many times till it explode with chaotic shapes, lines, symbols and images. Finally it showed a wave of clouds smashing into a floating set of islands, over and over and over again.

“Mutliple paths of time, the others fade away and one only continue leading to the Day of Chaos and than the moment of Past and Future collides... I know this.” She seemingly disappionted in this result, but it suddenly drops down before her landing on the flower.

Standing on the flower before her was her, taking Gallus' feather and giving one of her own in place of his primary flight feather. “What is this?” Suddenly it shift to show Gallus and Nightingale, a ring window appear before them. “No... That can not be possible.” Her gaze turn to the tree. “Gallus can open windows to other timelines... He has access to the Tree of Elysium...”

The last image showed showing the last fragment of the Inverse Reality. “The Inverse Reality? All outcomes show it only was to last 799 years, 1 month, 1 day and 7 minutes... How does a fragment exist?”

The flower suddenly close up and shrink back into the well of time, the feather and picture pushed out of the water onto the ground, she took both and looked at the tree.

“My act was rash, and in doing so have lead to a chain of events even I did not see coming, and yet we are still on the path to the Day of Chaos. And the moment when the Past and future will collide, the bearer to be Gallus of Griffonstone, your feather revealed more questions than answers.

The puzzle to be solved growing more complicated as the day draws near, what other surprises are we all in for? How will this branch in time will grow to? Answers I seek will have to wait, time to come to you bearer to be, Gallus of Griffonstone, we shall be seeing each other again...

Sooner than I thought...”

PreviousChapters Next