• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 98.66: Best Night Ever

Author's Note:

It been interesting putting this chapter together to say the least, we getting close to the big chapter 100 mark of my story, I know there been way more posts put they been between points.

The big chapter 100 itself is coming up, I am not sure what the build up be like, lame, awesome, okay, good or what, just that it going to be meaningful I hope.

Well comment away as always! Love to read your views!

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 98.66: Best Night Ever

Pom-Pom walked in on the Fora to find the classical musicians gone and a DJ table set up at the stage by Pinkie Pie, she had the head phone press to a ear tuning the music before leaping off as the music plays, the kitsune watched the scene play out, even seeing Nightingale attempting to get ponies to join in.

“This certainly turned into something interesting, I must say.” Fancy Pants stood by her with his wife watching the scene play out. “You seen unphased by this, I gather you been through something like this many times before?”

Pom-Pom smirked. “Oh definitely, I have done stuff like this as well having a son that ALWAYS has a way to try and be very entertaining to bring happiness, sometimes it doesn't work and just get annoying as those ponies look at this second.” Pom-Pom told Fancy Pants as they continue to watch. “How dull is it now?”

“Not very, in fact I find this to be very entertaining, shall we dance Alpha Pom-Pom?” He raise a hoof to her.

Pom-Pom put her paw on his hoof. “Oh definitely.” Fleur De Lis watched with a smile as her husband start to dance, she couldn't help but laugh out silly he looked, but he always had a diplomatic flare that she liked about him over all the other upper class ponies.

Gabby was having the time of her life dancing to the musical beats coming from the DJ station. “I don't know how the pink pony did it, but it AWESOME!”

Nightingale joins her as they danced and laughed. “Most may not like it, but it seem some do.” Luna smiled seeing the chaos now unfolding rapidly.

“Aunty it sure seem like it.” Cadance laughed.

The doors open with Applejack, Rarity, Blueblood and Greystorm walking in with a very tall apple flavour cake, Luna saw Pinkie Pie got back on stage to leap high off it, in that moment all stopped to watch as Pinkie Pie land right on the trolley, causing the cake to be catapulted into the air right towards Gabby and Nightingale.

Both griffons had turned just in time for the cake to land on both of them getting a massive gasp from all the ponies, Gabby however held up a piece with a big smile on her beak and screams out. “FOOD FIGHT!” She tossed the smushed cake in her claw right at Greystorm hitting on in the face.

Blueblood saw him wipe off the cake holding it and looking right at the prince. “No-no! Do-” He got it splatted over his face. “Now this is war Greystorm!” He used his magic picking up more pieces of food and throwing it at the griffon, he dodges and others get hit by the food.

Soon utter chaos consumed the Fora, food was flying everywhere, posh ponies trying not to get covered in food, the Wonderbolts now joined in the fray of throwing food back at others, Celestia, Shining Armor and Twilight walked in to the massive food fight that had exploded.

They watched Luna using her magic to throw food back at some other ponies that threw it at her, she was laughing and having fun. “Erm...” Twilight tried to process what just happened.

“Now this is a PARTY!” Celestia grinned.

Shining Armor laughed. “I can not disagree Princess, shall we?”

“Lead the way captain.” Celestia and Shining Armor enter to join in the food fight.

Twilight's mane frizzled out as her right eye twitched. “Wh-wh-wh-wh-what?”

Twilight couldn't process what was happening, Rarity first looked anger but now laughing as she threw food back at other ponies, even her dress was covered in food, the white mare seem to hardly care now, Applejack tossing back cake from behind a table with Greystorm, Blueblood dodging food, throwing it back at them.

Pom-Pom did a backflip spin landing beside Twilight. “Can't believe what happening? Nor can I! I am having the time of my life at this Gala! Come on Twilight join the fun!” She slapped Twilight in the face with a pie before running off back into the Fora.

Twilight shook her head and narrowed her gaze on Pom-Pom. “Oh it on!” She using her magic to teleport in and chase after Pom-Pom.


At Donut Joe's at a large table Spitfire, Gilda, Gale, Sunbeam, Rainbow Dash and Spike at laughing before going back to eating donuts, or drinking hot chocolate. “Now that something I wish I saw! Dust Devil going boom like that?” Rainbow Dash spread her wings out with one foreleg.

“Hehe it was quite the event.” Spitfire chuckled drinking a little.

“Event, there was dust everywhere!” Gilda laughed.

Gale spread his forelegs out. “Whoosh and I blinked, confused than saw everyone dusty orange!”

Gallus listen to them talking as he sat with Alpha at the counter away from them. “Ever since we arrived here you been sitting up here dunking donuts deep into that drink, what is bothering you cub?” Alpha asked.

Gallus took a bite out of the donut, he chewed and swallowed before answering. “Nothing.”

“Gallus, I know as much as Lord Gale, we were on that dream adventure to Berk, even I got one eye I can easily see your bothered or troubled.” Alpha said quietly to the teen.

Gallus stared at the reflection of his face in the mug while holding it with both talons. “I don't know who I am anymore.” He continue to stare at the reflection. “I would of never admitted to being claustrophobic to anygri-anyone, yet here I admitting it.”

Alpha put his paw hand on Gallus' back. “Before Lord Gale came to China, I served with complete devotion to Shen for over 30 years, yes it a world of fiction but to me it was my life, my world, the actions I took I never questioned.” Alpha remove the paw hand taking his cup drinking a bit of the hot chocolate. “Yet now I question myself, asking at times who I am and now I am real in every sense.”

Gallus drunk a bit of his drink. “How are you going to handle that?”

“As I always done since I devoted my life to serve Lord Gale, face it straight on.” Alpha put the whole donut in his muzzle and chewed on it.

“Huh? I never really thought about doing that.”

Alpha swallowed the donut. “Some can, others can't, each have their own methods on handling changes Gallus, it never simple.” Alpha said turning to Donut Joe. “Get me and the cub another stack of donuts.”

Donut Joe looked at both of them. “Don't ya think ya had enough?”

Alpha gave him a glare. “I said get me and the cub another stack of donuts Donut Joe and extra sprinkles!”

Donut Joe gave both of them a concerned look before he saw who was entering the Café. “Twilight Sparkle! Ha ha, long time no see!”

Everyone turned to see Twilight in front of a large group of ponies, griffons and Kitsune. “Whoa, what the heck happened all of you!?” Spike instantly asked.

“Yeah, it look like you all got hit by food tornado or something!” Rainbow Dash point a hoof at them.

Spitfire saw Soarin among them. “I got to hear this Clipper, care to share?”

Gilda has a sly smile as she could see the mess even all the princesses were in. “Yeah spill!”

After sharing what happened at the Gala to Gilda's side of it as well, part from the claustrophobic fears Gallus has, she decided to let him be the one to reveal it not them with respect, another to Gilda's list of things she would of never done before she became Gale's teacher.

“No way! Princesses got involved in the food fight!?” Rainbow Dash was shocked to hear this. “I REALLY wish I saw that!”

Pom-Pom laughed. “Lucky for you I got photos.” Photos appear beside her and gave them to Rainbow Dash, she went through them laughing at the sight she saw. “Don't give me that look, I never give them out to the presses without the permission.” Pom-Pom notice the quick glances between all the princesses.

“Well it going to get out by word, if we willing to give the photos and add our views, I say go ahead.” Princess Celestia said keeping a warm smile. “I needed to have some fun, specially this.” Celestia picked up a photo showing she splat pie in Luna's face. “This I am keeping.”

Luna saw it. “Oh I keep this one.” Luna showed holding it with her magic doing the same back at Celestia. “Only fair sister.”

“Indeed.” Celestia chuckled lightly getting a laugh from Luna back. “After all what we been through, this was well needed. And if the ponies saying I am being unprincess like or not being a respective ruler, I will basically tell them live in my shoes for the last month I been through.” Celestia stated with a frown. “Also to speak to those ponies that crowded around my son and Gallus, Gale still getting use to large numbers...”

Luna spoke to Celestia. “I know how stressful it is and those ponies will be talked to.”

Pinkie nodded. “I agree! You needed some less stress! How about a holiday?”

“That is a great/bad idea.” Shining disagreed and Cadance agreed, both looked at each other.

“Shiny, please do not be a captain for a second, Aunty Celestia does need time to get away from the crown, be a mother.”

Shining didn't like the idea. “I am-”

Luna interrupt Shining. “If you think it a bad idea captain, why not go with my sister and keep her safe, she can take Gale and Nightingale with her to enjoy a family outing for once as mother and siblings, I and Cadance can run things for a week.” Luna calmly said liking that idea.

Celestia looked around seeing all of them seem to be in agreement. “From the look on all of your faces, I don't have a say do I?”

Twilight spoke up. “Well you do, but Princess I hate to say it, you have been through a lot and need some free time with Gale and Nightingale at least.”

“Coming from my former student, how can I not say no to that?” Celestia smiled warmly to her. “I have to say this had been a very fun and eventful night.”

“Indeed darling.” Rarity agreed.

Blueblood using a napkin to finally wipe his face clean. “I have to agree Aunty Celestia, even I seen the reports that been shared to me, even I would have never done something like this a few months ago, one thing I have to agree Step Cousin Gale has really changed our lives in way we never would of thought.”

Gale tilt his head. “How?”

“Son, you will be amazed how something that enter one's life can change so much for that one and those around her.” Celestia lean down to Gale giving him a warm hug with her forelegs. “Thank you for coming into my life.” She closed hers letting happy tears fall continue to hug him.

Gale hugged her back. “I happy mum, that you mum!”

“I know.”

“Awwwww!” Most said.

Gallus pulled out the golden ticket from his bag. “Urg! I can't believe I am going to do this!”

“Do what?” Spike asked.

Gallus spoke up. “Hey Princess Celestia!”

Celestia pull away from Gale. “Yes Gallus?”

“You, Gale, Nightingale, Gilda, Spike, Uncle Greystorm and you to Gabby.” They all turn to the blue griffon at the counter. “I won this stupid ticket that magical coded to me for Manehatten Comic Con next weekend to take seven others, touch it and you all get in too.”

“Are you sure Gallus?” Nightingale asked.

“YES! Do it before I change my mind! Geez! When a griffon doing something this stupid, don't waste this opportunity!” Gallus growled. “And also since Gale see me as some honourable brother thing, that kind of make you all that in some weird way doesn't it?”

Spike rubbed the back of his head with a claw. “He got a point, way Gale sees each and one of us is like a family member, right?”

“Indeed, also Gallus get to spend some quality time with his biological uncle, right Greystorm?”

“Yes Princess Celestia, you are, also we could spend the week there before the weekend, enjoy a well rested and fun time at Manehatten, there is a lot to do there.” Greystorm agreed and added.

Applejack rolled her eyes. “Then take the darn ticket and pass it around already!”

“Yeah like the orange pony said! Take it already!” Gallus wave it to them, in turn each took hold of it and the others watched as it shimmered for moment.

Gale and Spike clapped claw and talon with big smiles giving Gallus a hug, he tried to break free from it shouting at them about it being embarrassing.

Rainbow Dash looked over to Gilda. “Can't believe you are going to a convention, I really tried to get tickets for that.”

“You wanted to go?” Gilda raised a eye brow.

“Yeah I did, just couldn't get the bits in time for a ticket there, they not cheap.” Rainbow Dash sighed.

Gilda put her foreleg around Rainbow Dash. “Dash, I'll make sure to get you something awesome there.”

“Thanks G.”

“What are friends for Dash?”

“You've definitely changed G.”

“Blame the cub.” They laughed.

Spitfire chuckled. “Soarin, don't we have a show on the Saturday of the Comic Con?”

“Yeah we do.” Soarin recalled. “Rapidfire won't be attending though, you know how much he really hates comic cons.”

“I know, don't sweat it.” Spitfire said with a smirk. “Well, it was fun, but I and Soarin got to go, we have responsibilities, being part of the mess made we got to clean it up.” Spitfire got up from the table. “See ya around Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash clap her hoof against Spitfire's. “Same here Spitfire!”

Soarin followed Spitfire out with them and the others saying their 'byes' to each other.

Rainbow Dash noticed someone was missing among them all. “Hey have anypony seen Fluttershy other than at the beginning of the Gala?”

Blueblood answered that after all of them shook their heads in response. “I do believe I saw a pale yellow Pegasus with a green dress going deep into the garden following a bird.”

“That sound like Fluttershy, she did want to see the animals and become friends with them.” Twilight stated.

Celestia got up from the table. “It be interesting if she did, they are wary of new ponies and other creatures, even the kindest of ones.”

“Really?” Pinkie asked, Celestia nod. “Wow, animals that could be scared of her? Who would of thought?”

Alpha took notice of all the griffons in the room, one that he recalled was also around last night was Sunflower. “Lady Celestia.”

“Yes Alpha?”

“By any chance did any Finch Griffon get a invite to the Gala?”

“Maple did if I am correct, why?”

Alpha got up from the counter. “Can they be given to others?”

“Yes of course, w-” Celestia realised where he was going with it, Luna and Pom-Pom gave that same look. “Well I believe I know what happened to Fluttershy.”

“You do?” Fluttershy's friends said at once.


The group of ponies, griffons, dragon and kitsune walk through the Canterlot Castle garden to come across Fluttershy sitting against Sunflower, the large griffon lay next to the tree. “Sunflower!?” Most of themselves was surprised to see her.

Sunflower holding her device press a paw finger on it, she put it down. “Hi all!” She waved her forepaw at them. “Gala already over?”

“Indeed Sunflower, not that you seem to try and interact with anyone being out here.” Celestia stated.

Sunflower shrugged. “It within the Gala grounds is it not?” Celestia smiled with a nod in response.

Fluttershy got up. “Hello everyone.” She waved her hoof.

“Fluttershy darling, did you get to become friends with the animals?”

Fluttershy shook her head. “No, they were too scared of me.” She said softly with a smile. “But Sunflower helped me to understand that not all animals are the same, so we sat and watched some nature shows on her tablet, it was interesting seeing how Finch Griffons observe animals all over the lands.”

Sunflower looked up. “Yet the animals like me.” They saw a set of birds sitting on her head. “Seriously dudes?” She groaned.

Rainbow Dash was confused. “Why do they like Sunflower and not Fluttershy?”

“We only can guess it to do with Sunflower's ability to make herself light and feel absent” Fluttershy suggested.

Luna walked up to Sunflower and the birds reacted by flying away in fear. “Yet they react in fear to me.”

Celestia put her wing over Luna. “It just how they are, maybe cause they can't sense Sunflower's presence is why they like her.” She raise her talon up, the birds land on her claw, she nuzzled them as they did back before she gave a flick of the foreleg, they flew soon as she did it. “A few good ponies I know rescued them from all over the lands in Equestria and a bit beyond.”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “So you basically got a stupid petting z-” She saw a roo standing only a few feet away from her. “What are ya staring at dweeb?” She wave a talon at it. “Buzz off.” It hopped away. “So Sunny, got your job done?”

Sunflower did a few stretches. “Yep, everything sorted. So with the Gala over and pretty beat, I'm going to be off to set up camp and than head home in the morning.” Sunflower picked up her bag from behind some bushes.

Celestia raise a talon. “With it being late, I believe we can set up all the guest rooms for all of you.”

Rarity's eyes lit up. “Really!?”

“Really.” She turn to Sunbeam. “Can you get the word out to set up the guest rooms for everyone here?”

Sunbeam saluted. “Yes Princess.” She leaves.

“You can come back to my place Twily, Spike.” Shining offered.

“I like that.” Twilight smiled.

Spike nod with a yawn. “Yeah that sound good.”

Sunflower coughed, they all looked at her. “And how exactly do you get a bed big enough for me!?” She gestured to her size.

Celestia gave a devilish smile from her beak, Gale gasped. “Room ready!?”

“Room ready.” Celestia confirmed.

Gale squawked happily flying over to Sunflower grabbing her paw finger with both talons. “Come come! I show!”

Sunflower looked very confused. “Yeah... okay...”

Nightingale put her wing over Gallus. “Glad you went to the Gala?”

“I say 50/50, rather not go EVER again.” Gallus push the wing off walking away.

Nightingale shrugged. “Oh well, guess the Gala not for everyone.” She watched everyone walk back to the castle, Twilight, Spike, Shining Armor and Cadance going their own way after saying goodnight to Twilight's friends.

Celestia step up beside her. “Indeed it isn't. But I say tonight been the best night ever for the Grand Galloping Gala, agreed?”

“Agreed, and mum.”

“Yes?”

“Have a bath.” She flew off laughing, Luna quickly teleporting away knowing what was about to happen.

Celestia blinked. “What?” She than looked over at herself still covered it food from the food fight. “NIGHTINGALE!” Celestia bellowed flying after her daughter.


Tick tick tick...

Held in a semi-shaking talon a pocket watch minute hand moves. “If it wasn't for this, I wouldn't even know what time of day it is, as if it matters.” The defeated tone of voice from a male griffon spoke sitting at a desk surrounded by file cabinets, radio phone and computer on the desk, a ash tray with a burned out cigar.

The griffon wore a navy blue blazer with many pins attached to it, the hat on top of the greyish white feathered head with a symbol of the navy core symbol on it, his golden yellow tired eyes shift to the picture on the wall of himself and the crew of the submarine GNSC GROVER, he with spotting blackish grey marks on the round ears, legs and cynical tail.

The once proud general of the Nuclear Submarine Sixth Fleet nothing more than a skinny weak shadow, he pulled out another cigar from a case by the radio phone and a lighter from it, flicking it to light it up.

Suddenly the intruder alarms go off with the red lights flashing. “More intruders!?” He put out the lighter, he slam the cigar and lighter on the desk. The general open the draw to pull out a revolver, shakingly lift it to drop it on the desk. “Damn it to tartarus...”

Father you do not have the strength, allow me to intercept them.” The beak open up to show a speaker inside, soon as the words left the beak closed up.

The general turn to the source of the voice standing in a corner a gold coated griffon with clogs shifting around on parts in view, metal paws, wings, talons, beak, feathers and tail, the metal closed irises swirl around to open, the solid yellow eyes gaze fell upon the griffon. “Very well son... Do what is right...” He almost fell to be caught by the gold metal talon.

Father save your strength.”

“Son, we been without food for three days, there only so much a griffon body can take...” He wheezed as the mechanical griffon put him back onto his seat. “Son... Grant, you only been this thing since that rabbit appeared in the sub a day ago, you have no idea what you can do...”

Father I am aware what the rabbit did, I still feel through this metal golden skin, feel the cogs click and clack, know who I am and I am the navel officer of this submarine, a officer of Griffonia to serve and protect the griffons of our country.”

The general shakingly put his talon over the gold metal one. “That my boy, even when we all pass, you will always be here beyond us, you are now our legecy.”

Not if I can help it father, I will do in all the power I been given to save the last of all creatures on Equis, I will General Grav.” The mechanical griffon moved his talon away walking around the desk to turn and face Grav, he give a salute to him.

Grav returns it. “I'll be here waiting, not much else I can do is there?” He chuckled lightly.

You done more than you know father.” The metal on metal steps echo as the griffon leave the office.

Glacier removed the clips from the rifles and unloaded the last bullet from them, she tossed them to the side. “Now that a lot better.” She turn to Silvite with a claw hand on each of the two griffons, Octicovix turned herself into a bear holding down another with a single paw. “Now I know you set off the alarm and most likely more be on the way sweeties, we going to let you go and we going to have a nice little chit-chat about a certain rabbit that on this tub of yours.”

One of the griffons spoke. “Th-the rabbit? Are you in-”

Silvite sighed making him flench as she let go of both of them, they turned around seeing her cross armed eyes closed shaking the head side to side. “Why is it that we begin with in each and every damn bloody reality we come to?”

“What?” He and the other two griffons looked very confused.

“Here the simple fact, straight to the bloody point, believe it or not, it your choice.” Silvite snorted opening her eyes looking directly at the three. “That rabbit we trying to capture, she in one time wiped out all realities and took every life and magic for her endless greed, because of Gale... And his mother Princess Celestia a griffon protecting her son-”

“Princess Celestia!? A griffon that a-”

Glacier press a few keys and before them a holographic display of the white griffon appear before them, her mane and tail changed before their eyes. She unleashed magic even raising the sun to draw on it magic to engage Shal-Quz. “This happened only a few days ago, this was Princess Celestia a griffon defending her son to the point she let out her inner demons out against Shal-Quz, that form you are seeing is Daybreaker, the Celestia of Nightmare Moon.”

“Holy Tartarus!” They saw the fury and anger in the slitted eyes.

Octicovix turn back to normal. “She escaped after pulling Daybreaker out of Princess Celestia, she crossed into other realities and we followed, this is number 14 I think of different realities we been too.”

Shal-Quz, the name of the rabbit.” They all turn to the source of the voice, the heavy metal impact steps getting louder by the second. “It seem we have a common enemy, I gather that Princess Celestia isn't truly a griffon, but stuck as one because of Daybreaker is outside her?”

Glacier deactivate the holographic display raising her sub-sonic device at the junction ready to press the button. “Yes, in a weird sense she a bit of both, griffon and alicorn, long story short a wish 800 years ago turn her into a griffon for the love of her life, King Grover the first king of Griffina.”

Silvite glance at Glacier. “I gather telling whoever coming to us is worth spilling that detail?”

“It is if we want their trust.” Glacier said with worry. “Because I don't think we would stand a chance of what is coming around that corner.”

You would be correct, all remaining 21 griffon souls haven't eaten in three days, yet since I was changed a day ago by the one you call Shal-Quz, I do not need to eat and I have no idea what my body is capable of.”

“Oh I got a feeling what it is sweetie.” The gold metal griffon emerges from the corner. “Because you are a Clockwork Griffon, immune to sonic, and sub-sonic technology. Only gravity, time and a very powerful flame from a silver dragon can stop you, that option would end all of us being in a submarine that protecting us all from the crushing depths of the ocean and the radiation outside.” Glacier lower the device staring at the yellow solid eyes locked on her own.

Silvite and Octicovix didn't say a word, they didn't need to since Glacier seem to reach a level of understanding.

“So sweetie, shall we have a chat with the dear captain and find a way that we all live beyond this dead planet? Or shall we dance and die together?” Glacier hinting to Silvite ready to engage, the griffon sailors still sitting on the metal floor look to the intruders to the metal griffon, a silent stand off seem to be in effect for what seem forever for all of them.

They couldn't see it but Silvite had a strong sense he was smirking at them without the need to.

I believe that acceptable.”

PreviousChapters Next