• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 96.75: Daybreaker

Author's Note:

Now things have gotten interesting, changing future have created interesting results.

This concludes the three parter of 96.25 to 96.75! Dealing with events after this right on top of the Grand Galloping Gala going to be interesting for sure.

Always look forward to seeing your comments!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 96.75: Daybreaker

The intense blast of magic and waves of heat caused Shal-Quz to shield her eyes, the change in the solar princess wasn't something this rabbit was even aware of, the force of this transformation had freed Gilda, Pom-Pom and Arbiter from their icy grips. She held down Gale with the gravity being warped by her magic, only thing Shal-Quz hoped that keep whatever Celestia became at bay.

Shal-Quz raise her brush as those that were held get up from the snow. “Don't try anything I still can c-”

“Blah blah blah.” The white griffon rolled her eyes flexing her muscles. “How can you do that and defend yourself at the same time?”

“Wh-” The white griffon open her beak and a jet of flames shot right at Shal-Quz.

Shal-Quz quickly shifted the warped gravity in front of her deflecting the flames skywards, she felt the intense heat coming from it, Gale slowly got up from the snow seeing his mum's form. “Daybreaker...” He said with surprise. “Second mum.”

Gilda didn't take a second to fly around to Gale. “Splitjaw that door of yours! Get that bucking thing open!”

Arbiter saw the callous look Daybreaker had as she stop the attack and vanish, appearing behind Shal-Quz, the rabbit sense danger and quickly turn altering reality to turn air into a solid wall, she reflects it to strike back for the white griffon to teleport again.

Pom-Pom deflects some of the cross fire attacks with her own shield spell. “Whatever Celestia became, I don't think she care much of us being in the line of fire!”

Arbiter quickly glance at her. “It a demon from within has awoken.””

“Buck whatever it is! Get that thing open you dweeb!” Gilda growled.

Shal-Quz appear from a cloudy vortex and pull up snow as a tidal wave at them, Daybreaker using her magic turn it into stream and compress it to clouds throwing it at Shal-Quz. “If you don't open it, I will gladly melt it open.” She flick a flame in her talon, Arbiter growls slightly and run to the door with the others.

Shal-Quz clears the clouds away. “Daybreaker is it?” The griffon grinned with the talon glowing with the feathered hair and tail brush showing more fierce flowing of flame like manner. “You will fall to my magic and than I will take care of them all.” She looked over to the door opening up, they racing inside. “That door won't hold, you and I know that.”

Daybreaker crack some joints, flexing her wings. “Well, shall we shed some light on that?” She raise the talon with the sun rising behind her.

Behind Shal-Quz the moon still shined, the sky now split in two, one night, one day. “Okay th-” She quickly dodge a flaming slash from Daybreaker.

Appearing through a rift a bit away Shal-Quz look down at her robe seeing the claw cuts with the cloth burned. “Your quick, I like it.” Daybreaker snarled with a dark grin on her beak. “Cooked rabbit sound nice.” She licked her beak.

Shal-Quz beard her teeth. “Your twisted!”

“Indeed I am.” She chuckled as she unleashed fiery magic at Shal-Quz, the rabbit going on the defence deflecting attacks to blocking them.

Luna teleport into the frame seeing the fight. “Celestia w-” She saw her sister. “Oh no...”

Daybreaker saw Luna but didn't care, her focus was on Shal-Quz, using telekentic magic to bring down rocks on Shal-Quz, she altering them with reality magic into butterflies to harmless flowers. “I can't keep playing defence! I got to-” She quickly create another rift falling back in it to appear a few feet away from Daybreaker's snapping beak.

Luna saw Gale and the others watching from the door in the side of the rock face. “What happened to my sister!?”

“She snapped when that rabbit tried to crush Gale with gravity!” Gilda snapped at Luna as she was checking over Gale, Luna turn watching her sister and a blackish grey rabbit fighting each other, with Daybreaker causing Shal-Quz to mostly be on the defence.

Luna knew she had to stop this right now, but the fight between Shal-Quz and Daybreaker was far more explosive, the magic being used by both of them was increasing in size with every release. “Who is the rabbit?”

Arbiter stood beside her. “Shal-Quz, the only other one to be made before Grogar lost his bell, at the moment that creature is on the defence, her attacks are barely able to be used since Daybreaker refusing to give her quarter.” He eyes shift to Gale. “Prince Gale spoke her name.” He went back to watching the fight.

“Daybreaker...” Luna whispered.

Pom-Pom's shield gets hit by some magical blasts, being just within the door gave less surface for the shield, allowing her to strengthening it. “I gather this is what it was like with Nightmare Moon?”

“Neigh... It was over within minutes of I becoming Nightmare Moon, after I turn day to night.” Luna look to the sky. “But this...” She stared at the sky cut in two, one day and one night. “This is new...”

“Dweebs are you all idiots!? Daybreaker whatever Celestia is at the moment has one objection! Destroy the thing that almost crushed Gale with distorting gravity with that bucking brush!” Gilda snarled.

They all turn to her as she spoke than turn back to Daybreaker hovering on the spot forming a lot of spheres of fire and launching them at Shal-Quz, she creating things out of thin air to block and deflect the attacks.

Daybreaker appear behind her and slash to get blasted by a direct blast of magic, the rabbit leap back a few feet to have the fiery griffon charge right at her, kicking the rabbit in the face, in turn Shal-Quz punch back, she quickly jump back into a rift to appear some distance away as Daybreaker look for her.

“Damn it, that griffon is way stronger than I estimated! She not holding anything back! I can't get a st-” She was cut off by a large boulder flying at her, she slash it in half with the brush magic, turning it into snow on impact into the ground. “I need-” She sees a whirlwind of fire coming at her, using her magic to destroy it.

“You think I will stop to let you talk!?” Daybreaker roared slashing at Shal-Quz, in turn the rabbit using the brush magic to deflect each slash stepping back with each blow. “I won't stop till your burned to a crisp! Celestia would hold back, but I! Never!” She clapped her talons creating a heatwave hitting the rabbit.

Her robes singed all over, parts burned away. “I know she would! But your clearly not her! Your-” Than a idea suddenly came to mind. “The pony!” She needed time. “Time to disappear!” Shal-Quz unleash her magic creating copies of herself through tears in reality around her, all identical, with the brush raised the sun and moon glowed brightly for a second.

Daybreaker suddenly found she was fighting many Shal-Quz, those she took out burst to dust, they were using magic like Shal-Quz had but far weaker, none were even harming her, just being annoying. “Your not hiding from me!” She pulled up rocks all around her turning them into molten fireballs unleashing them on all the Shal-Quz.

“I'm not!” Shal-Quz appear through a rift behind Daybreaker unleashing a huge burst of magic at the griffon.

In a instant Daybreaker slam into the ground, she gets up instantly on all four hooves. “You-” She saw the griffon Celestia hovering in front of Shal-Quz looking around in confusion. “Wh-What is this!?”

Shal-Quz land on the ground breathing heavily. “I twisted reality and pulled you out of Celestia into her pony body! Now I can-” A punch from Gilda caught her by surprise sending the rabbit flying into the snow a few feet away.

“Not a chance dweeb!” Gilda growled flaring her wings open ready to strike again standing on her paw with talons out ready to strike.

Shal-Quz raise her brush seeing the magic wasn't working. “No! I over used my magic! Damn it!” She got hit by a blast of blue magic sending her flying into rocky wall, lying against it breathing heavily seeing now the others was stepping into the fray.

Daybreaker get a sharp toothy smile. “You lose rabbit.”

“No don't!” Celestia pleaded.

Daybreaker ignored her to unleash a fiery spell for a fizzled out spark to come from her horn, even coughing out smoke from her muzzle. “Where my magic!?”

Shal-Quz chuckled as Arbiter pull out his red sword with a flick of the object he held, now raise close to her chest. “What did you do monster?”

“Simple, I took Celestia's pony body and put Daybreaker in it without the magic.” She laughed. “As for this rabbit, we always have one more trick up our sleeves.” She pulled out from one sleeve with the free paw a crystal breaking it, a rift appear around her and she pulled it laughing as it closed instantly as Arbiter stabbed the rock were she once was leaning on.

“Curses!” He growled pulling the blade out and with a flick the blade vanish and the device put back against his side armour plate. “She could be anywhere...”

Daybreaker snorted. “You idiots should of killed her, not talk.” She turn to face Celestia, the white griffon facing her demons right before her eyes. “What? Don't like what you should look like? Letting go like Luna did?” She proudly gave a stance with wings open giving a really disturbing smile.

Celestia responds to that question as her pink-purple eyes look into the slitted oranges surrounded my black. “No I do not...”

“Such a pity.”

Gilda scratched her feathered head. “There two Celestias now?”

“Daybreaker, I am not this weak idiot.” She snorted turning away from Celestia. “If I had my magic I would be doing more than standing here in this stupid snow!”

Celestia raise her talon lowering the sun back down, the night taking back over. “Good thing you don't, the mess you created I have to attend to, but now I have to attend with you too...” Celestia said with irrotation in her voice.

“Whatever Celly.” Daybreaker said without a care to Celestia's worries.

Celestia ignores it and look over herself. “Something tell me I am going to be stuck as a griffon.”

“Awwww boo woo, what a shame if that true.” Daybreaker rolled her eyes. “Save it Celestia.”

Luna blinked a few times. “I wonder if this would be my case if Nightmare Moon had her own body?” Luna questioned.

Gilda growls. “Let's hope that NEVER happen!”

Pom-Pom walked around each of them. “I wouldn't even want to chance using transformation magic on either of you, who knows what Shal-Quz might of done on the atomic level on both of you...” Pom-Pom warily said to the two solar princesses. “I gather both of you have the same memories?”

“Up to the moment we were split.” Daybreaker said coldly. “Yes I have, and I can say if I was in charge, much of this wouldn't have happened!”

“Your just speaking after the fact!” Celestia countered raising a close talon shaking it at her.

Daybreaker gave a short laugh. “As if! I would act first than deal with the problems of it later!”

Celestia growled. “That is not what we do! I do! You know that!”

“Yeah yeah yeah, whatever lion butt.” She waved a wing dismissively at Celestia.

“Lion butt!? Your one to talk! That flank is huge!”

“It our flank you idiot!”

“Yours now!” Celestia argued back.

Luna groans rubbing a hoof on her head. “This is confusing and giving me a headache, they are arguing with themselves...”

Gilda watched them continue to throw words back at each other. “As the saying goes, you are your worst own enemy...”

“And that fact is being proven.” Arbiter muttered.

Luna took a good look at the creature, standing on two large toes, digigraded legs, slightly long arms with what look like two thumbs and two fingers he had, the jaw was the most catching of it, four mandibles with no lower jaw with hundreds of sharp teeth within each, he wore mostly what seem to be gold plated armour over much of the body, even a helmet that went between the mandibles.

“What exactly are you?”

“A creature created by Grogar after the lose of the bell, awoken ten years after his defeat with a mission that I never will complete, created from the memories of Prince Gale, what my kind is not important, only my name. I am Arbiter.” He calmly responded without looking at her as they continue to watch the ranting and raving of Celestia and Daybreaker.

“Another that choose his creators side?”

“That it is.” Arbiter notice Gale looked sore as he walked over to them, but his eyes were locked on Celestia and Daybreaker. “Hmm... This is going to be interesting.”

“What?” The two solar princesses turn to see Gale standing before them both with surprise looking back at forward at the two of them. “Son?” Both said together looking at each other before Daybreaker snarled and turn her head away from Celestia followed by a snort.

What Gale said next would bring so many more questions.

“That what older me meant by two mums!”


Shal-Quz falls out of the rift landing in a pile of trash bags, she pull herself out of as the rift closes holding the brush to get a good look where she is, the blackish grey rabbit could see it was a large alley way between many tall buildings around her. “Manehatten? Out of all the places that crystal could land me in, it had to be this place?”

Shal-Quz looked over her ruined robe. “Better than the alternative that for sure.”

“I wouldn't say that.” Her ear's perked right up turning to the source of the voice.

She turn with brush aimed to see Zerra standing before her in front of a large glowing portal. “Zerra... What do you want!? I already having a bad enough day as it is!” She knew there was no magic till the brush had time to recharge, Zerra didn't need to know.

Zerra stood calmly at the edge of the portal. “Master Grogar not happy with you.”

“I lost the sphere! I can't get the brats magic now for him!” She snapped at him. “Just give me another one and I will get it for the master!”

“No.”

“What?”

“No, you shall not get a new Eye of Grogar.” Zerra calmly answered.

Shal-Quz step up to him with the brush near his face. “Don't make me use this on you Zerra!”

Zerra push it away with his hoof. “You would have if you could, your on empty at the moment and the Master doesn't take kindly to his own creations trying to stab him in the back.”

Shal-Quz was startled but kept her poker face. “That is bull! I would never d-”

Zerra punch her in the chest with a hoof followed by turning to give a hindleg kick sending the rabbit flying into the trash again. “Liar and you know how he knows?”

Shal-Quz rolled out of the trash groaning in pain. “How?” She whizzed.

He stood over her looking down. “In a time that once was Master Grogar got a message from himself saying you stole the child's magic, stole the magic and life force from almost every life in this world.”

Zerra pulled off a pouch from his belt. “I did win... Than I can win!” She grinned.

Zerra shook his head. “Not this time.” He tip the pouch, powder land all over Shal-Quz. “This will allow you to easily travel between realities while you run for your life from Silvite, Glacier and Octicovix.” He turn to walk back to the portal.

He stopped in front of it as Shal-Quz sat up with horror written on her face, he knew it without looking at her. “Grogar informed some of those monsters you sent to their deaths to keep them out of the way to let slip what you were about to do, and what you did, now they are to hunt you down without mercy, that powder will make it also very easy for them to track you down.”

“Master Grogar can't do this to me!” She stood up holding the side in pain.

“He did and has, goodbye Shal-Quz... And Shal...” A slight turn of the head, the corner of the eye seeing the distressed rabbit.

“Yes?”

“Run rabbit run.” She knew he was smiling without seeing it as the zebra walk through the portal and it closes.

And now Shal-Quz did.


Avatar magical appeared in the underground cavern standing before the tree. “Now we see what horrors we have awoken... Only time will tell...” The tree glistened with a sound in response.

PreviousChapters Next