• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,299 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 78.5 – Berk Small Talk

Author's Note:

Small talk and a build up for something fun to do? What is it? Well read away!

Love to read your comments as always!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 78.5 – Berk Small Talk

Stoick sat down at the table where Gobber, Luna and Hiccup sat at, he rubbed his wrist glancing over at Gabby who was celebrating her victory, Gale happily eating some cooked fish, Gallus grinning from one end of the beak to the other. “That Gabby is far stronger then she look, I never been defeated so quickly...”

“Aye that griffon is a bundle of surprises, that hyper happiness doesn't even say super strong.” Gobber drank some of his mead. “Princess, you and them are full of surprises.”

Luna cautionary look at the contents of the wooden mug, taking a sniff from it followed by a sip. “Strange, strong and not something I would like to drink much of.” She put it down with her magic. “And Gobber what surprises you doesn't surprise us, but what surprises us is how this village is full of two races living together, so it seem to work both ways.”

“Aye it does missy.” He raise his mug up and drunk some more.

Stoick turn to Hiccup. “Now Hiccup care to explain what happened, and Princess Luna can help fill in her side of the tale too.”

“It be my pleasure.” Luna bowed slightly.

Hiccup rubbed the back of his neck. “We can start with how that sphere ended up smashing through our roof.”

Luna nodded. “Gale has erm... A creative mind... He made what called the Dream Randomiser, it allow to input symbols to transport him and anyone else to somewhere beyond Dream Cavern, it also allow the traveller to blend in too so they are not so noticeable.” Luna started to explain. “He only used it once before and that where Alpha came in.”

Stoick glance at the wolf standing against the wall, his one eye keep a very watchful view of the whole hall as he ate. “China he said his from, a wolf from a very far away land that can do pretty much what we can and more.”

“Correct, Alpha use to serve another lord, one that turned dark and evil, this lord was going to do something dreadful to Gale and he refused to let that happen.” Luna said. “That is for another time to talk about, for now the machine that allow this transportation started to go wrong, last week it didn't take Gale to another place but into a nightmare, played over and over again, I even saw it for myself, it was as if we were watching a play, unable to act upon it with events replaying the same from start to finish over and over again, no matter how many times Gale tried to fix it.” Luna explained. “That is when the sphere he take with him was lost, and somehow found it way to Berk.”

“That doesn't make any-sense, how can something that transport you from one location to another put you into a re-playable event that each time you went through from start to finish the exact same way?” Hiccup questioned trying to get his head around it. “I saw that place, saw all the weird runes, your saying that no matter which ones you pressed it lead to the same outcome?”

“Correct.”

Stoick rubbed his beard. “That doesn't explain how the sphere ended up in Berk.”

“No it does not, or how it was able to activate a machine that was shut down too.” Luna stated.

Hiccup shrugged. “I can't explain that either, that machine as you call it doesn't even make sense, the flat weird things with mini lights all over the place, how the whole place is lit up without fire, it a very strange place.”

“It does sound strange son.”

“That not the strangest thing, soon we got there the thing reacted to me and Toothless being there, this booming ladies voice rang out about unauthorised access, and everything was in lock down, we left the chamber to find we was in this hidden world paradise, it was red lit at first but after getting across our misunderstandings this big crystal changed colour, and it felt like being under a warm sun.” Hiccup explained his strange encounters in Dream Cavern.

Hiccup open his book to show a drawing of Blue holding a sphere up above him. “What is this son?”

“That Blue, he something called a Jackal Diamond Dog, guardian of Dream Cavern, he can create this weird sphere of energy above his paw, the size, the body and his ability to talk inside your head is all impossibly crazy, he didn't move his mouth, and the words just appeared in your head like a echo.” Hiccup best described Blue.

Gobby took the book to have a look at the drawing of the creature as well the land. “Aye that is one strange creature, spike on the chest and two more on the wrists, that one serious mean looking creature for sure, as for this cavern, it look like Berk's woodland but underground.” Gobby point out when looking at Hiccup's sketch.

“Hiccup what you did was wreckless playing around with that sphere, but in turn something good came out of it, your still going to have to make up for disobeying me, but I will make sure it something along the lines of cleaning up the Dragon Stables for a week.”

Hiccup gasped. “Dad please any-” He gave his son a stone face look. “Urg... Fine...” He sighed.

Luna cringed at the thought of large- “No not even going to think of that.” She shook her head. “That is disturbing and disgusting...”

“Aye lass it will be, but it better than what else that Stoick could do.”

“I wouldn't even dare think what could be worse than that.” Luna cringed again. “Oooo disgusting.” She flapped her wings a few times getting a shiver through her fur. “Now when I arrived at Dream Cavern through a magical door I created... I met your son and the dragon Toothless, we talked and he told me where he came from, I agreed that it would be best to help bring him home.”

Hiccup nodded, he was glad she made it seem so much less worse then it was. “That pretty much what happened, their magic just impossible to understand dad.”

“As I seen, also how strong one so small can be.” Stoick rubbed his wrist looking over to Hiccup's friends interacting with the griffons and Spike, Alpha just don't seem to be interested standing against the wall. “It good to see the others warning up to our unusual visitors, surprisingly fast, even for me.” He turn to Luna. “Are you using magic to drop our guard?”

Luna brought up the cup before his view. “If I wanted to take this place over or wipe it out, it would have been done before you could blink.” The magic crushed the wooden mug into a tiny cube of wooden dropped on the table.

Stoick took it and looked over the fact it was metal and wood, but now one small cube. “That answers my question.” He toss it over to Hiccup, the young adult caught it. “Now, how about another drink for the Princess?”

Luna shrugged. “Why not.” She smiled and he returned the smile.

Hiccup ran his fingers over it. “That's very scary to know that me and Toothless could of ended up like that...”

“Be glad you didn't Hiccup.” Gobber put his arm around Hiccup. “Now tell me about that little dragon Spike over there?”

Hiccup put the cube into his inside pocket of the fur sleeveless jacket for safety. “Why don't I take you over to him and ask?”

“Well... Having a dragon talk about to you is very weird.” He said rubbing the back of his neck with the good hand.

Hiccup rolled his eyes. “Come on Gobber, let's go have a chat with Spike.” The two left the table heading over to Spike munching gems from a bowl happily.

Stoick now alone with Luna among the noisy Vikings around them enjoying their meals, they drank a fair bit of their mead in silences with the noise around them till Stoick finally spoke up through the awkward silence between chief and princess. “Luna...” He gave her a mug, she took it with her magic. “How many times did this nightmare rerun happen?”

“From my nephew's count... 43 times before giving up, where are you going with this Stoick?”

“Don't you think it a bit odd out of those 43 times, only one of these had that recall sphere land through the roof of my home? The only home that has a very curious inquisitive mind like my son?” He drank some of his mead. “What are the odds of that?”

Luna drunk a bit of the mead. “Very slim...” Luna felt uneasy. “Where are you going with this?”

Stoick put his mug down. “I might sound crazy, but with what happened in the past four years since dragons become part of our lives, I think something or someone might have a hand in bring us together like this, I am going to put scouts out just to be safe.” He got up. “You are concerned with this too, I can see it.”

Luna put the mug down standing up. “Yes you are correct, I have been thinking of this myself.”

“Than let's oversee this, keep it between us and the scouts, unless we are sure of this uneasy feeling we have, we do not want to cause a panic for no reason but our gut feeling.”

“Agreed.”

Snotlout jump up on the table with a raised fist into the air. “Who with me on this!? Dragon Racing between us Dragon Riders versus the Griffon Five!?”

Luna glance to Stoick. “Prey tell what is this Dragon Racing Snotlout speak of?”

The Vikings all cheering as they liked the idea. “Snotlout...” He grumbled rubbing his finger and thumb at the bridge of his nose. “I'll explain while we send out the Dragon Rider Scouts...” As they left the Great Hall Stoick explained to Luna, while Hiccup now caught up in it on his own end help explain Dragon Racing to the griffons...


Those that do not know what Dragon Racing is, here a clip from HTTYD 2: https://youtu.be/IZAK2UnU04o

Who would win?

Dragon Riders or the Griffon Five?

You decide the winner!
Voting closed: Total votes - 5
Dragon Riders - 4 votes - 80%
Griffon Five - 1 vote 20%

PreviousChapters Next