• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,229 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,229

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 70 – Leela the Keeper of the Book

Author's Note:

First thoughts was to just go head in and blow things apart, than I thought that it be best to space it out and let things develop, don't do anything too crazy and let it filter through slowly, get to know Leela and such, get to know her abilities, what kind of prison she in.

Love to hear your comments as always!

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 70 – Leela the Keeper of the Book

The moments seem to tick by without a word said, since after what the small anthropomorphic bird Leela had said to them, She tap the talon hand claw tips against the book binding, the light high above bright and warm, wind blowing through the trees, leaves rustling with the sound of small birds chirping in the distance.

Gale walked up to Leela, putting the plush down on the ground, he put a foreleg around her, giving Leela a gentle hug. “Happy Leela, happy remember you.”

“I am happy too.” She smiled giving him a hug back.

Gale let go stepping back, picking up the plush. “Leela, nice bird.”

“That I am.” She giggled, now turning her attention to Glacier and the others. “Right... To answer your one word questions, three of them in fact.” She adjusted her glasses slightly. “Let's start with River Song's question or her new given name Glacier Melodyclaw.”

Glacier raise a curious expressive look upon hearing that. “How the blazes you know who I am?”

“Two now.” She open the book and with the free talon hand flick it over the book, pulling out a glyph from the pages, Leela display before them in the air, the picture of a new born cub.

Gale pointed at it. “Ooo you cute Glacier!”

Gilda chuckled. “She sure is.”

“At least she doesn't have a baby self in gold.” Nightingale muttered under her breath.

Glacier stared. “Yes cute...” Her right eye twitched looking at the picture.

Leela continued to speak. “You were born at 947CE on October 11th, and how I got hold of this information is rather simple, my book magical stores everything written, printed and carved, including photos, paintings and other unique methods of art, expect digital.”

Glacier put her talon on the bag against her side. “Even-”

“Even that blue book you hold, do not worry, I do not disclose very personal entries, even I have read them.” Glacier was half fine by the answer, but rather irritated that everything written in the book was known by this small bird. “That is how I know about your previous exciting life.” She dispel the image, to bring up a new one of a cube. “As for the single word question on prison.”

Glacier walk around the new three dimensional image. “We inside a cubic prison?”

Leela nodded. “Correct, this is a ten miles by ten, if you look to the sky just to my left, you can make out in the distance the ceiling joint point of one side to the cube.”

They all did and as she said it was there, three lines meeting at one point, the blue sky and clouds made it slightly hard to see but it was there. “Micro ecosystem within a sealed cube, mountain, water, light with most likely night cycles, this is a terraformers dream come true.” Glacier said with somewhat impressed by what they were seeing. “Now, the most important question, how big is the outer shell?”

Leela made the image of the cube shrink to show the very mountain Canterlot sat on it side. “Ten feet by ten, buried deep within the mountain.”

Gale tilt his head. “TARDIS?”

“What?” Gilda turn to Gale. “What the heck does TARDIS mean?”

“Time and relative dimensions in space.” Glacier answered. “But this place is similar but it isn't, this was created by magic, the shell holding a bigger dimension within, it like every house, castle and building in Equestia and Griffina, transdimensional magic.”

Celestia confirmed it. “That is correct, that how the corridors ar-”

“I know that you dweeb! It basic knowledge, if a idiot doesn't know that they are idiotic.” Gilda snapped at Celestia. “The question is, why haven't she left this place by teleport, using a teleport glyph or a portal of some kind? She has everything written right? So... How come she haven't?”

Leela close the book up, the three dimensional display vanishing. “The book and I can't because in that moment we be in two greater distances at once, even it a mini-second.” Leela kept the book close to her chest, hugging it. “If I am more than a half mile from my book, we both cease to exist... We continue to exist without end if we stay close, but if we don't, goodbye us.”

Nightingale shook her head. “We had about enough disappearing for today, there no way I am going to see that happen again.”

Leela curious look over to Nightingale. “Enough disappearing for today? Also who are you? I have no records of you in my book, the only vague thing I have on your appearance is something about 798 years ago, a painting of a cub that never was, created by Princess Celestia herself in honour of her beloved daughter Nightingale.” Leela stated. “Other than your close appearance being a adult look alike to her, I haven't got anything on you.”

Nightingale rubbed the back of her neck. “Yeah... Funny you say that...” She thought about something and ask. “What do you know of Zerra?”

Leela open the book up checking through the pages, they flipping continuously for a few moments, till it stop. “Ah here we go, Zerra the Wish Shaman, banished by his tribe for abusive use of Wish Magic little over 1000 years ago, he found a way to twist it to make the wish the worst it could be even following the wish that was granted.” She close the book up. “What does that have to do with you?”

“I am Nightingale, Celestia's daughter, she is my mum, I was taken and trapped in a inverse wish reality for close to 800 years living out a life that was real to me, he took it away from me for kicks, he was insane and completely off his rocker.”

Leela look through her book. “I found something about a sphere created 799 years ago, another 150 years ago, but it was inversed on the inside? You were in it? That is curious, I would like to know more.” She smiled. “You sparked my interest Princess Nightingale.”

Nightingale rubbed her foreleg with the other talon. “I guess...”

“Sorry if that seem insensitive, I didn't mean to be.” Admittedly Leela felt bad.

Nightingale put her talon on Leela's arm. “It fine, you didn't know and you've been without a soul to talk to in here, I'll tell you about it in time, just not now.” Leela flinched slightly, this caught Gilda's attention.

Leela put her own talon hand on Nightingale's. “I can wait.”

Nightingale let go, so did Leela. “Thank you.” Nightingale than asked. “Is there a door in this place?”

“Yes.”

“Why haven't you used it?”

“Solid rock, not enough information on what around the shell, using a spell to blast my way out, to digging could result in the shell bring cracked.” Leela answered.

Gale imagined it and shook his head. “No good, bad, crack mean home go bye bye with everyone on it.”

Glacier now leaning on a tree, standing on her hind legs with forelegs crossed staring at the mountain in the distance, she responded to what Gale just said. “He right, Grogar could of made the outer shell thin all we know, thin enough to try anything to get out will cause it the crack like a egg, you do that with this much transdimensional differences between here and the outside, you get a implosion that would turn the mountain to dust in mere seconds.”

Gilda suddenly could see in her own imagination of the mountain with the city turning to dust from Ponyville, she shook her head rapidly getting that image out of her head. “Okay, that Grogar is just insane to do something like that!”

Celestia agreed. “It a catch twenty-two, she can't teleport cause of distance between book and her, even they cross together, she right about the mini-second too, also not knowing how the outer shell is to what around it is a factor, a perfect prison to keep your worst secrets.”

Gale tilt his head. “Why no magical write or appear in mirrors talk others? Magic spells can do stuff, right?”

Leela sat on the book making it levitate. “Yeah... I kinda tried, many times in fact over the last 4000 years, a few times to Princess Celestia.”

Celestia suddenly recall the bird in the mirror before she blast it and melted it. “Oh...” She felt embarrassed. “Yes I recall, you appear in my bathroom mirror and I might of overacted.”

“By blasting the mirror till it turned into a puddle of molten, it not the first or the last.” Leela chuckled. “So I just gave up and waited till Master Wayne's r-”

“Gale!” Gale interrupted. “Name is Gale!” He point to himself.

Leela softly smiled. “Yes that is the new name you gave yourself Master, but it not your true name, it is Wayne, that tag on your plush, you want to know what it says?”

Gale held up the plush looking at the tag and back at her. “Erm... Yes?”

“You seem unsure, do you really want to know?”

“Yes.” Gale nodded.

Leela pulled out a glowing glyph from her sleeve. “This I held onto since I sensed your arrival two and a half months ago, I spent 4000 years waiting for you Master Wayne.” She gesture him to come to her, he does. “Open your talon.” He does and she place it on it. “Now the honour is all yours Master, toss it and what is said will be reviled.”

Gale look at the golden glowing glyph resting on the palm of his talon, staring at the sparkling light he tilted his head to the left than to the right. “Son, it your choice.”

Gale pulled his foreleg back and thrust it forwards, tossing the glyph up in the air, it explode and displayed to all to see, the symbols exactly seen on the label shift into griffish letters, Nightingale reads it out loud. “To my beloved son. Happy birthday Wayne.”

“Wayne... Remember name, remember birthday gift, no remember when though...” Gale held the plush close to him. “Mum... my Mum had plush made for me, it last thing have of her...”

Celestia pick him up with a wing, giving the cub a warm hug, he return it to her nuzzling his head against her furry chest. “Treasure it with all your love Gale, remember the love of family.”

Leela float up to them on the book. “That one of the things Grogar didn't count on, that what came in bring me life, why I am loyal to a fault to Master Wayne.” She put her talon had against Gale's face. “Come with me back to my cottage, we can all sit, talk, enjoy a good cup of tea with some biscuits, I think we all need it.” She remove her talon hand, the book turn with Leela on it, the book float towards the mountain in the distance.

As they made their way down a dirt path, down a small sloped hill, with trees on either side, near the end of the path was a bridge which lead to a garden with fresh fruit to vegetables being grown in patches, apple trees, grape vineyards, water channels around them connected to a waterfall near a cottage beside a rocky side, high above the mountain towering for a few miles.

Celestia looked up. “A house directly under the mountain?”

“Oh don't worry there shield rune safe guards in place, they deflect rocks that fall every so often and set them to the piles to your right.” Leela point to said pile, they saw a large pile of different size rocks. “Come in handy with transfiguring them into stuff I need.” The book stop at the door, she got off it, putting it back under her arm.

Leela felt a bit tense. “Dweeb you look really nervous.” Gilda stated.

“Yeah this is the first time I am having any guests in my home period.”

Gilda muttered under her breath. “Riiight and I was born yesterday.” Gilda decided to press. “Leela, Who else is liv-”

“Sooooo... Everything here is sorta private and personal, I'll let you in to sit in the living room and if you need to use the loo, there one adjacent in the hallway to the living room door, there plenty of cushions around, I like making cushions, they soft to sit, lay and sleep on.” Leela quickly said.

Celestia bow her head slightly. “It your home, I'll respect your wishes.”

Gilda glaring at her, she didn't say a word.

“I'm good with that.” Nightingale agreed.

Glacier shrugged. “It your castle.”

Gale nodded. “Okay!”

“Thank you!” She pull out a key from her sleeve, slip it into the lock and open the door.

Gilda frowned upon seeing the key. “Why do you have a key, if you live here alone?” Gilda pressed once again taking the chance to call her out.

Leela sighs. “I was hoping that question wasn't going to be asked...”

“Why?” Celestia asked.

Leela press her head against the door. “Why I have a key? Because I have a snoopy raccoon that love to steal MY pillows!”

“Snoopy raccoon?” Nightingale frowned. “Why would a raccoon steal pillows?”

“Most likely the guest she been avoiding to admit.” With irritation Gilda said to them.

Leela pull her head away from the door. “Your right Gilda, I have been trying to avoid mentioning about him...” She glares to the apple tree field, they all looked to see a raccoon wearing a black blazer, trousers, white shirt with black tie, sunglasses.

Gilda whispered to Glacier. “Psst, RS, I bet you ten bits that oversized trash panda can talk.”

Glacier didn't take her eyes off the raccoon. “The size, the way he dressed, I am not taking that bet on, I believe you will easily win that bet.”

The raccoon step up to them, lowering the sunglasses down his snout slightly looking at Leela with his brown eyes, with the mask fur markings around them. “Hey Leelee, who the pony and the griffons? Finally got bored of lil' 'ld me after 2,000 years? And created some new friends?”

Gilda just chuckled lightly with a closed talon up to her, Glacier bumped it with her own.

Leela rolled her eyes. “No, they were not created, they arrived via teleport glyph through my recall spell to Master Wayne.” She gestured to Gale.

He step up to Gale with a paw hand out to Gale. “Nice too meet 'cha! Master Wayne, finally get to see the face behind the legend per say.”

Gale took it with a shake. “Erm... Okay... Gale name.”

“Gale huh? Got a good classic griffish ring to it.” He gave a click sound from his mouth, with a wink. “Now how about presenting me to ya pals, this time not telling porkies of being alone.” He put his hand paws against his sides.

“I present to you all my only sapient creation, this is Rocky Raccoon, I created him close to 2000 years ago with some magic and a object, I was hoping you wouldn't meet him.” She introduced him.

Rocky chuckled. “Oh, she just pulling ya legs, Leelee is my creator and yes, I did sneak in and steal pillows from her, I got bored.” He said taking off his shades, and putting them away in his blazer inside pocket.

Glacier rubbed the underside of her beak with a thoughtful look upon the three foot tall raccoon. “You can't lie, can you?”

Rocky turn to her looking up with his arms crossed. “Yep, I have no concept of lying, I am cheerful, charming, honest to a fault and love to steal soft cuddle pillows from my creator, also leave a note for her to turn into a new pillow with her awesome transfiguration glyph spells.” He laughed.

He continues to say with a few shifting feet paw movements. “The faults of my creation were, no ageing, love for soft things that I got to get my grubby paws on, and unable to lie at all, she been trying to get me to tell one porky for the last 2000 years, as ya see, didn't work at all!”

Leela rub her forehead with a finger and thumb. “That why I keep the door locked, you are a big pain.”

“Awww come on now, ya know I keep things interesting, and ya would of gone mad a long time if it wasn't for this honest thief, and pain in the tail.” He nudged her with a elbow.

Leela shook her head. “True all the way, now since you've came over, care for a cupper?”

“Is there a pillow I can take when I go?”

Leela groans. “Even I say no, you would take it, soooo... Yes there is a pillow for you.”

“That grand Leelee.” He open the door walking inside humming to himself.

Celestia curiously watched him go inside. “Quite the interesting raccoon Rocky is.”

“Just don't encourage him.” Leela walk inside, they follow the bird inside.

Gale than said as they walked in. “Purple, Spike and Trace, no know we gone.”

Gilda knew what Twilight and Trace would do. “Yep, I bet they gonna to flip!”

Celestia instantly froze upon realising what Gale and Gilda said was true. “Uh oh...”

PreviousChapters Next