• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,304 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,304

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36 – Messy

Author's Note:

Whelp this been a fun chapter to be made, I enjoyed it and happy to say from the next chapter Gilda returns! So that that been waiting for her return will get their wish! It been fun doing these chapters for just a weekend in story timeline.

How do you think how Gilda will react to missing all this action over one simple weekend?

Continue to enjoy, feel free to comment, help me find those pesky mistakes and stay healthy all!

Also here from Doctor Whooves and Assistant series the image of that very Isle of Flaputa, all credit to the image goes to respective owners and the team of the amazing audio track two parter story on YouTube.

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 36 – Messy

Princess Celestia walking towards Gale's room carrying two trays of dinner for him and Spike, walking alongside her the blackish grey griffon Greystorm with a irritated look upon his face after spending wasted hours talking to the noble ponies, out of the twelve only two agreed to have a dig spot in the Canterlot Gardens.

“Two ponies only voted for out of all those good for nothing snubs! I thought the way I am was bad, but they took the page off the griffons and turned into a pony type of self centred good for nothing-”

Celestia raise her wing cutting him off by placing it over his beak. “I believe you make your point clear Greystorm, this is noble politics at it finest.” Celestia closed her wing up. “I had over 1000 years of dealing with them.”

Greystorm rolled his eyes. “More like they do not like the idea that griffish ruins point to the ruins being here in the city it self.”

Celestia looked out of a window they past to the city as they continue their walk to the Royal Suites. “Yes I believe you are correct, many ponies would believe that history as they know it to the facts we do know now.”

“History written by the winners or the superior race of the lands.” Greystorm said flatly to Celestia. “Before you try to counter that, just think what we discovered and how your history is currently forged.” Greystorm brought up a valid point to Celestia without looking at her as they walked.

The princess thought about what he just said and he was right, their legends about the three pony tribes before the Heart of Friendship brought them all together to form early Equestria, this new information showed the old griffon kingdom gave up everything to defeat Grogar. “You are correct Greystorm, what our history is and what is truly discovered now questions it.”

“I gather it will take time to sway a two thirds of the council to agree?”

“It will, how long would it take or how you get their vote will depend on your approach Greystorm, I am interested in finding out if under the gardens is the ruins of Grogar's fortress but it open to the public and funded by the Noble Council, I could go above their heads but they would-”

“See it as a abusing use of power?”

“Yes...”

“Yet you used the crown not only to adopt a young confused and scared teenage griffon, have Gilda teach him to write, speak and how to be a griffon and last but least display your power upon those that might be a threat to him.”

Celestia stopped in her tracks as Greystorm walked on, she stared at him as he walked. “Your right... I have, he a life not a ruins that maybe under a garden that I didn't have any say on. I gave them the power to do things without me always directing them, give them a choice to do the right thing.”

Greystorm turn his head round. “This is why I never play chess with you, your too good at this.” Greystorm face forwards walking up the stairs.

Celestia frowned. “And as you...” She muttered quickly catching up and walking alongside the griffon up the flight of stairs.

“Underestimating the facts Princess?”

“Not at all, it was you and your wife that uncovered where my son from afterall, I never would have been close.” Celestia smiled. “So don't sell yourself short, sometimes being older you easily miss things that the young see.”

They entered the hallways of the Royal Suites. “You have a valid point, yet you have a Pure Griffon that seemly brought us together to find it out.”

“Very true.” Celestia turn to Gale's door hearing laughter from not only Spike and Gale but a third voice. “Private Sunbeam who in side with my son and Spike?”

Sunbeam saluted first and responds with a report to the Princess. “Octicovix the changeling Princess, she currently in a form of a finch griffon that is a fictional character called Pistol, from a comic book series Prince Gale and Spike been reading since yesterday, they also creating something with cardboard boxes, paint, glue and other stationary gear.”

Celestia turn to Greystorm. “Are you curious at what they been up to?”

Greystorm rubbed a talon under his beak. “I am Princess.”

Celestia knock the door with her hoof. “Son, can we come in? I got you and Spike some dinner here.”

A happy squawk came from Gale and Spike calls out. “Sure come on in! Just don't mind the mess!”

Celestia open the doors walking in with Greystorm to find a rather big island base been made with it smelling of fresh paint, scattered around on top of sheets of paper were cardboard cut outs of trees, hill, buildings and upper levels of the island city of Flaputa.

In front of it were two avenge pony size griffons and a dragon covered in patches of paint themselves holding paint brushes. “Hello Grey, what do you think of the new look I can change into?” (Pistol) flare the wings and shows off the griffon pony. “Also fully grown!”

Greystorm chuckled. “You look cute and guessing from the voice a male?”

“Yep, I used the comics to create the pony, the roughly sounding voice by imagination and articulate the personality!” (He) said waving the paint brush around with a spin around showing off the form. “This kind of griffon is a Finch Griffon! Small but have a really creative and imagintive mind.” Tapping (his) head with the other forepaw.

Greystorm tap the tip of his beak. “Hmm... I recall a old book has something on Finch Griffons... Just can't quite remember it...”

“Might be your last very friction visit to Griffonstone Grey.”

The greyish black griffon shifted with a fluff of his wings. “Now I remember... Thanks Octicovix.”

(Pistol) press two fingers to the forehead and push away giving a salute. “No trouble at all.”

Celestia giggled. “It seem you are having a lot of fun being in that very chippy happy griffon form.”

“That I am Princess! Thank you for allowing me to spend time with these two wonderful youngster, they don't care what I am and love my shapeshifting abilities!”

“I am happy to hear that... Pistol.” She slyly smiled looking upon each of them. “Now I would suggest you all get washed up, yet you are not really a male even I easily forgot that looking at you at the moment, so I am going to cheat.” Placing the plates down Celestia used her magic on Spike and (Pistol) removing all the paint off them.

Gale looked over himself and glared at Celestia. “Your magic interferes, remember cub.” Greystorm states with a single claw up.

Gale crossed his forelegs still annoyed. “Hmm...” (Pistol) tap the end of the beak.

Celestia raise a hoof. “I do not know how Changeling magic will work on him, rather not test that out and see a random result.”

“It was just a thought.” (He) shrugs. “Sorry Gale, your mum has spoken.” Gale sighed and walk over to the bathroom to have a shower.

Celestia calls out. “Do not worry the food will not get cold, I'll make sure of it!” Gale give a thumbs up and close the door behind him. “He be gone for about ten minutes, now do you two like to tell me what this creative piece of work is?”

Spike smiled proudly. “Sure thing Princess! This is a floating island in the comic book series about Pistol, it called The Isle of Flaputa.”

“Flaputa?” Greystorm raise a eye. “Seriously?”

“Ponyville, Griffonstone, Manehatten, Yaki-” Greystorm put his talons over (Pistol)'s beak.

“Okay Octicovix I get the point...” Greystorm let go of the beak.

Celestia put her wing over (Pistol). “Please continue little griffon.”

(Pistol) looked up at her. “Thank you Princess.” (He) coughed into the paw and spoke. “Flaputa what we making is a big island and smaller ones floating high in the sky, it filled mostly of Finch Griffons that have a natural knack for inventing things and tinker, they pretty much had the power of imagination like no other.”

(Pistol) flew over to a pile of comics and picked issue one up. “This introduce Pistol and the griffons of Flaputa, it shows that even with his amazing mind, the poor griffon couldn't get any of his inventions right.” (He) gives the comic to Celestia.

She took it with her magic and flipped through the pages scanning through them. “I can see why Gale already taken a liking to this, I wouldn't be surprised if Twilight would like reading these.” Celestia sit takes a seat on a cushion. “Tell us about your day with Gale making this model.”

“Sure!” Spike grinned.


Gale came out of the bathroom feeling much better, he also brushed out his fur to not be puffy. “Had a nice shower son?” Gale nods to his mum. “That good, I was hearing how much of a enjoyable day you had making this model still in progress.” Celestia turn to the trays. “Now you and Spike can enjoy your meal.” She gives Gale his tray and remove the dome from it.

Gale looked at the food and took in the smell of it, licking his beak he look to the garlic bread, then to Octicovix still as Pistol. “Plush.” Gale pick up the plate of bread reaching out to (him).

(Pistol) took it. “This is your dinner, I can eas-” Gale squawked with a shake of the head. “Your not going to take no for a answer are you?” Gale nods. “Thank you...” (He) picked up one with the forepaw and took a pick out of it. “Hmm this is good.”

“Tsshey ssure are!” Spike said with a mouthful of bread before swallowing. “Here go Gale have one of mine.”

Gale took it and took a bite. “Hmmmm...”

Celestia had a warmth of happiness seeing that they all were enjoying her own cooking, it brought joy to her once more, showing her cooking was well loved. “I did most of it but I had some help from the staff that work in the kitchen.”

Greystorm walked up to the model to get a snarl from Gale, instantly stopping he looked over at Gale. “Trust to recover is going to take time...” He muttered stepping back seeing the easing from Gale. “Sometime in the future I will regain your trust cub, till that day just calmly show me instant of acting aggressively.”

Gale staring at him slowly tilted his head. “Gale, my husband does things that is very stupid for the right reasons, his gust moves faster than his brain or heart.” (Pistol) stated and continue to eat the bread enjoying the explosion of flavour including the love Celestia passively put into it.

“(His) right.” Spike agreed. “The way your acting to him could show to others something else to what you really are.”

Gale listen to each to each of them, going through what they said in memory the young griffon close his eyes and focus on the Dream Cavern. “Blue how do I deal with the distrust to him?”

Master Gale...” Blue stood on a tree looking up at the large crystal. “Be wary but don't growl and act on wanting to fight him to defend every little thing you make, give him a sign of non-aggression that you do not wish for him to be near stuff you own or make.”

Thank you Blue.”

Happy to serve you Master Gale, see you soon.”

Same!” Gale open his eyes turning to Greystorm. “Down plush...”

Greystorm slightly smiled. “Received and understood.”

Celestia nod to her son. “I am happy to see you choosing other than growling at Greystorm, down plush is a nice way to say do not go near your stuff.” Gale nod back to his mum with a smile too. “One step in the right direction at lease, one small step and-”

Gale instantly saw another image from the flat screen. “That one step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” Seeing a grey grainy image of a bulky being stepping off a ladder onto a ground.

The flash ends and Gale blinked a few times trying to even understand what he just saw. “Gale are you okay?” Celestia asked with concern, Gale rubbed the back of his head with a confused expression. “You remembered something didn't you?” Gale nods.

“More of his past coming to light?” Greystorm asked.

“Indeed, in seem that somethings we say or do just seem to randomly trigger them to resurface.”

(Pistol) finished off the last garlic bread. “The memoires are most likely there but need a small chaotic push of randomness to connect those scrambled within his mind, it similar to those that invent stuff, it never starts with a 'oh I know what to do' moment but a chain of chaotic mistakes, it applies to the trains or the recent development of the computer.”

Suddenly Gale saw himself playing a game it words he spoke out. “Command and Conquer Red Alert...”

“What did you just say?” Celestia slowly turn to him.

“Command and Conquer Red Alert.” He repeated.

“Why would you-”

Spike speaks up. “It sound like a title to a game the way he saying it.”

“Really? A game th-” Gale squawks happily nodding to Spike. “It a game?” Another nod to Celestia. “Does this have to do with computer?” Gale nods seeing this memory clear in his mind for the moment. “How does a game work on a computer? It just massive towers that used for specific tasks.”

Greystorm rubbed the underside of his beak. “Could it be that during Grifiax's era they had computers that did more than what they do at the moment?”

Celestia stared at him blankly. “It could be a possibility. Look at the science fiction comics.” Spike put his plate down going over to the pile picking up one to show Pistol walking down the street with panels on the roof. “This they called solar panels, they took it sun light and heat turning into energy.”

(Pistol) even chipped in. “Spike is correct, what I read so far confirms it too, they had fishes that created electrical energy that helped power up massive cogs and machines too, they even created forms of weapons that would fire metal slugs faster than the very motion of sound travels! They even had a cable car that took you to mulptily levels of the city and in one instant a computer that was flatter than a table width being used by a Finch Griffon!”

Celestia's eyes darting left and right trying to even keep up with what they were saying, it was getting really messy for her, in all the years her ponies never even came close to stuff like this and in fictional comics it showed the Finch Griffons to be superior in technology.

Spike quickly shows another page. “Don't forget this one shows how the island can float in the sky! It has crystals that supposedly been forged by unicorns that enhanced with magic to create anti-gravity like the spell Twilight learned a few days ago!”

“A place both with magic and technology, no wonder this is a place of fiction it a land of wonders!” Greystorm said taking the comic to look at it himself. “I never consider that the griffons back before Grogar's defeat could have something like this, but if you give it enough time any evidence of it would just turn to dust cause it made of stuff we use today like plastic, paper, metal and such.”

(Pistol) was in glee with Greystorm over this. “That stuff would just become part of the soil! Lost throughout time and space! What if Grifiax Boreas knew this and did what he did to make sure that his message wasn't lost by time itself!”

Celestia got up turn to leave the bedroom. “Princess is something wrong?”

“No...” She didn't look over to Spike or any of them. “I... Need time to process this...”

“It all a theory Princess, it could mean anything.” Greystorm said.

“I understand but... I just need time.” Celestia glance over to Gale with a smile. “Goodnight Gale and I will get a pony to take the dirty trays away.” Gale nods silently getting feeling something really bothering Celestia he mum.

Sunbeam salutes as Celestia walks out. “Princess.”

“Sunbeam keep the doors open and keep a eye on them, I do not want a repeat of Mayor Greystorm's arrival.”

“Of course, good night princess.” Sunbeam accepted the order.

“Goodnight my little pony.” Celestia walk away into her room closing the door she slowly turn to the window seeing the moon shining through it.

For a countless set of hours Celestia stared out into the sky slowly taking in everything she heard them say, the fact she recalled something the griffons discovered almost 300 years ago frozen in time by ice, Celestia never discovered what they found even their close ties to Griffina back in the day before King Guto.

“The king before Guto... Graivers I believe commissioned unicorns to make gravity magic crystals... What if... That couldn't be could it? What did he discover in the ice deep in the northern frozen mountains of Griffina that sparked the beginning of secrecy from the griffons?”

Celestia turn away from the window removing her regal gear placing them on the table and hoofshoes on the ground.

“Guess even a princess that ruled for a thousand years on her own can mess up without even realising it.”

PreviousChapters Next