• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,299 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 – Royal Before Bowling

Author's Note:

I am sorry for the delay of the latest chapter, with all the world gone a tad bit more crazy and trying to sort things out on a personal level it got a bit crazy causing delay on my end. Good to say it sorted out.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and love to hear your views as always!

I wonder who you think should win the game between Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Gale and Blueblood?

Enjoy and stay healthy!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 28 – Royal Before Bowling

“So we going there Auntie?” Came Cadance's voice.

“Indeed, I think a good family get together is something we all need.” Gale's mum voice responded.

“I am sure he will enjoy it Princess Celestia.” Shining Armor's voice spoke up next.

“I do not know exactly what this-”

“SHHHH!” Came the others shhing at Luna.

“I was onl-”

“Sister, this is a surprise family outing, Gale has no idea where we going, please don't ruin it.”

Luna sighed. “Fine Celestia, I will keep quiet...”

Gale listened to them as he wasn't able to see with a blindfold over his eyes, unlike the game he played back at Pinkie Pie's party this time his eyes were covered for a surprise. He was curious what that surprise was as he continue to listen to the others talk and the movement of the coach they sat in.

Cadance speaks next. “Is Blueblood going to be there?”

“Yes Cadance, I asked for him to come by soon as I heard he returned from the his diplomatic meeting with the Mayor of Trottingham.” Celestia replied.

“Are you sure the prince be up to this? It isn't exactly the place I even seen him go to.”

“Captain, we never done something together as a family, I only met him a few times since my return but our dear nephew will join in this family activity.” Luna responded.

Gale turn his head towards Luna's voice tilting his head with ears twitching slightly. “Bloodblue is a prince and our nephew, that makes him your cousin like Cadance.” Celestia told him, he turned and smiled with a nod.

Gale was even more eager to go to wherever they were going to, he wondered what this Blueblood be like, would he be like Cadance? He was very curious reaching up to the blindfold to remove it but Cadance speaks up. “You really want to ruin your surprise Gale?” He hesitated to remove it. “Please wait cousin.”

Gale lower his talons placing them on the lap with a nod in reply to not remove the blindfold from over his eyes, he decided to drift to his imagination while the ride continue.

Gale opened his eyes to sitting by the river side in the carven looking out at the crystal blue lake towards to waterfall. “Master Gale, I sense your day dreaming?”

Gale turn to Blue. “Yeah, mum, auntie Luna, Cousin Cadance and Shining got a blindfold over my eyes blindfolding me. They taking me somewhere for a family outing, we meeting there too another cousin I didn't know about till now. He was at a place called Trottingham.”

Trottingham, I recall you speaking to me about it being a mix of griffon and ponies on a island called Griffish Isles.” Blue step up beside Gale sitting down and dipping his paws into the crystal clear water kicking lightly through it. “I await your return to hear about Blueblood.”

Gale stared down at his paws in the water. “I will Blue.” He rose his head up looking over to the blue, cream and black jackal diamond dog. “It always fun to come here when I choose too.”

That it may Master Gale, this reality is your own imagination as I am.” He placing the paw hand on Gale's shoulder. “Master Gale you arrived.”

Gale blinked through the bandanna. “Mum?”

“We here Gale, you can pull off the blindfold.” Celestia excitingly said.

Gale pull off the blindfold, his eyes adjust to the sun high above and as they refocus he saw that they all stood just outside a building with a big sign showing three pins being struck down by a black ball with fake explosion cut out behind them.

Something about the sign felt familiar, a sense he been in a place such as this before, he just couldn't place his talon on the tip of his beak on it. “Something the matter Gale?”

Gale shrugged to Shining's question.

“Don't know?” Gale nods to Shining Armor.

Celestia nod to the guards as they took position. “From my guess my little Gale having another sense of familiarity.” Celestia drape a wing over Gale. “Am I right son?”

Gale hummed a little and nods.

Flash Sentry lands before them with a salute. “Prince Blueblood just arrived at the station and on the way here, he be arriving in five minutes.”

“Thank you Private.” Cadance said and he took off into the sky again. “It seem we got time to step up the lane aunty.”

“Indeed we do, shall we go in?” Celestia lift her wing pointing it to the doors.

Luna stared. “Lane? Sister this bowling what is it purpose?”

“Oh you will see~” Celestia sang walking up to the doors opening them with her magic.

Luna walked quickly after her. “Sister explain!”

“Nope~”

Shining Armor rubbed his bear furry chest with his blue hoof. “I don't feel right without my armour Cadance, I know this is a outing but I am still captain and I should be prepared-”

“Shining~”

“Yes Cadance?”

Cadance smirked using her blue aura magic to zap him at the rump causing him to yelp bouncing towards to door. “Like to say something else about it Captain?”

“Nope I am good!” He rubbed his rump.

Gale tilt his head scratching the top of it with a talon trying to understand why his cousin just zapped Shining Armor with her magic, he just shrugged and followed them inside the building to find they approaching a desk, just beyond it was ponies sitting down at some seats while others was rolling big different colour balls down lanes into the pins.

The sound of rolling and pins getting hit echoed through out the building through the loud lively music that was playing around them. Gale walked up to the desk standing beside Celestia as she spoke to the desk receptionist. “May I have a lane for five ponies and a griffon please?”

The light blue unicorn stallion with green mane and tail wearing a red stripped shirt and red hat responds. “Of course princess, may I say this is a surprise to see all of you here at Canterlot Bowls.”

“It a family outing, thought we need some family get together including family to be.” She hints to Shining Armor.

“Very well, may I have your names for the lane.”

“Of course you may. Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Gale and Blueblood.” Celestia gives the names out to the stallion.

Using his magic write them down on a sheet of paper. “Is that one or two games?”

“One for now, if we wish for a second I will let you know.” Celestia calmly replied.

He nods. “Of course Princess.” He gives her the sheet. “Only lane we have is Lane five beside the Wonderbolts, enjoy your time here at Canterlot Bowls.” He bowed his head slightly.

Celestia bow her head too. “Thank you I am glad we all will.” Celestia turn around to the group. “It look like we not the only high profile here today.”

Gale heard Wonderbolts and peer past the desk to see them without their flight suits on at Lane Six seating area, they were wearing jackets with symbols on them. He quickly took off to Lane Six, Shining glanced at the others they nod and he rushed after the teenager, the manes followed at their own paste to Lane Five.

Gale flying over a bunch of ponies land on the slippery surface almost face planting but after a few skating movements with his talons and paws, the teenager had his beak tip only a few inches from Spitfire who had hold of a bowling ball ready to roll it. “Hello cub, good to see you again.” She said very calmly to him. “Do you mind stepping back so I can bowl?”

Gale nods and took a few steps back from her, Shining Armor slowed to a short trot. “That was too close...” He whispered to himself.

Spitfire rolled the ball down the lane hitting eight out of ten pins. “Right, while I wait for my ball to return, what do I own this unexpected surprise?”

“We on a family outing.” Shining stepped up beside the teenager. “Princess Celestia thought we should have one and so here we are.”

Spitfire raise a eye. “I don't recall you being part of the royal family.”

Cadance spoke up as the others arrived. “He proposed to me.”

“Ah! That explains it.” Spitfire chuckled. “Good for you Captain.” She playfully hit Shining's shoulder. “Princess.” She turn to salute with a wing across the forehead.

Princess Celestia waved her hoof dismissively. “At ease Spitfire, we all ponies at this moment, so just call me Celestia for now shall we?”

“Of course P-Celestia.” Spitfire almost slipped. “First time for the cub bowling?”

“I believe it is and isn't.” Spitfire gazed at Gale with confusion. “It a memory recovery thing, a sense of feeling as it were.”

Spitfire turn to the sound of the ball clicking against another. “Well I hope he and all of your do.” Spitfire walk away to get her ball.

Luna watched Spitfire pick it up with a hoof walk to the lane and with a thrust of the foreleg it rolls fast down it to strike the last two pins for a spare, she give a pump and the other five members of the team that joined her today cheered for their captain. “Interesting... So the point of this game is to roll said ball down the lane and strike out these pins?”

Celestia turn to her. “Pretty much Luna, but it not always that simple, you can get a split that ends up using a skill that professional bowlers use to knock what seem impossible to us novices.”

Gale walked up to their lane looking down it at the pins, he recalling that he'd play something like this but couldn't recall a memory of when or where it was. “Come on cousin, let get a ball each from the wrack so we can start playing.” Cadance spoke to Gale, he nods and follows her to the rack to take a look at he bowling balls.

Blueblood arrives at the lane finding his aunts talking to each other and Shining Armor as they put their bowling balls down into the slots ready to be used. “Aunty Celestia and Luna!”

“Ah Bloodblue good to see you made it.” Celestia turn around to greet him. “How was your diplomatic meeting with the mayor?”

“It went well as expected for a griffon of his stature aunty, in fact he arrived in Canterlot with me.” Blueblood turn to look behind towards a black griffon with yellow beak and talons with light grey feathers on his head and wings, blue eyes and wearing a red jacket with gold buttons on it with gold colour seems on the collar to the foreleg cuffs.

The griffon stood before her and bowed. “Princess.”

“Mayor Greystrom.” Celestia bow her head slightly in respect to him. “I do apologise if you are here for official reasons but as for this time I will not be doing any such thing till at least Monday.” Celestia apologised to the griffon.

Greystorm raise his head. “Not at all Princess, having a newly adopted son you must balance out work and live.”

Blueblood turn to Celestia. “I got wind of it from a few guards just before the papers relieved it to the public. I am surprised Aunty that you took in a griffon from the streets.”

Celestia's right eye twitched soon as he said that and Greystrom with his excellent vision spoke up quickly to save a blow out. “Prince Bloodblue I advise not speaking ill of Prince Gale.”

“It true is-”

“Your highness with all due respect look at your aunt.” Greystorm bluntly spoke.

Blueblood did and saw the twitching eye. “Aunty I-”

“Blueblood he is my son, I do not care what background he may or may not had, I took him in under my wing and will act in the best interest of Gale.” Celestia warily stated. “Greystorm, I warn you too, my son is not a typical griffon he has no care for wealth only happiness.”

Greystorm could see Gale lifting a yellow ball up to Cadance squawking happily to her and she ruffling his feathered head as he laughed she did too. “It is as I heard Princess, he is not tainted as many of us are and I hope he never is. I will retire to the castle and take in the sights of the city.”

Blueblood walked over to another rack to get a ball of his own knowing the details in the reason of being at the bowling alley thanks to the guards.

Celestia gave him a suspicious look as Greystorm leaves. “Something about Greystorm just don't seem to be right..." Celestia whispers to Luna.

"Nor did Blueblood, it seemed odd..." Luna whispered back.”

“In all my years of knowing the mayor what just happened has never happened. He impatient, rash and all on top of that think of his bits he can save but keeping the ponies and griffons happy enough to not have him removed from office.”

“Play to their wishes but saving enough to keep his pockets full?” Luna whispered back getting a nod from Celestia. “I can see why you are very suspicious as I am now of him, his words seem rehearsed for a play as were our nephew's.”

Celestia glanced over to Gale as Shining Armor had him and Cadance to inform of Blueblood's arrival. “With Greystorm in the castle this weekend, I fear for what he may try and attempt with my son...”

“As do I sister, but for now let's not worry about him and play this bowling shall we?”

“Of course Lulu.”

Gale come up to Celestia showing his ball to her. “Ah a ball for claws and paws, nice choice son.” Gale nods happily. “Go on Gale you go first and give it your best shot!”

“Mum!” He squawks happily and take it to their lane.

Standing up on his paws, placing the two finger and thumb claws into the holes he place the other talon under raising the ball to level with one eye before pulling back his right foreleg and letting the ball skim across the lane right for the pins to score a-

PreviousChapters Next