• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,303 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,303

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 66.75 – Pen Pals Mission

Author's Note:

Righty-O! This was a fun chapter to put together, with some last moment changes, made it even better than before! Onwards to Christmas Day to bring you Part Three! See you all there and those that read on the festive day, I be wishing you all a massive happy christmas!

As always comments are so very much welcomed!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 66.75 – Pen Pals Mission

Sunflower stood between two houses smack in the middle of Ponyville, using her stealthy skills with flight internal magic she managed to get close to the Golden Oak Library, the nine hooves griffon stared at the tree library only roughly one hundred yards away, each attempt to get close to it proven to be a total failure due to a pink pony.

Sunflower peer past the buildings looking to the left and right seeing none of the ponies in sight, after almost a hour of trying to get to the library, she had her goal in sight till- “Damn dude, you seriously starting to tick me off.” She muttered in annoyance seeing the bouncing hoofed pink pony once again.

Quickly moving back into the shadows of the building, Sunflower watched her look around everywhere by in her directly. “I am sure somepony new is near by, everytime I get close, my senses go poof! So I am soooo close that I could smell this new comer!” She bounce around looking into flower pots to under rug mats.

Sunflower watched. “This is getting stupid, if this take any longer I am going to have to show myself.” Sunflower slowly turn around. “One more try to get around that pony.” As she turned fully to start making her way around the back of the streets, the eyes of the nine hooves tall griffon locked upon three fillies eyes all looking back at her. “Aw come on dude! Seriously!?” She hissed the words under her breath.

Standing before her were the Cutie Mark Crusaders, their mouths open with surprise and shock at what stood before them, Scootaloo on her scooter, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle on the cart attached to it peering to the left and right of Scootaloo, their shortcut to the library cut short by a large blockade of a nine hooves tall griffon staring back at them.

Sunflower raise a forepaw placing it to the bridge of her beak rubbing it a few times. “Right... Just get to the point and whatever you foals want to do, just do it.” She lower herself to lay down on her front with forepaws only inches from them with her head down far enough, to be near their level.

“There something really urgent happening up near Canterlot, Princess Celestia told me to find Twilight Sparkle to help me find Zecora, a zebra that lives in the Everfree Forest, she told me to just come straight in and ask directly in front of the whole damn town, I choose to use stealth and that lead to me being stuck here for the last hour trying to get to the library because of one pony.”

They still stared with their mouth open, she rolled her eyes moving her paw gentle over to their muzzles, with a soft gentle movement close each of their mouths up. “Now with that said, what will you do? Cause whatever it is dudes, I am just going to sit here and do jack.” She rose head up looking down upon them, waiting for what they will do.

They blinked a few times. “Yer really on a mission from the Princess?” Applebloom finally spoke looking right up at her.

“Yes.”

“You have really pretty spots!” Sweetie Belle said.

Sunflower felt a bit warm, the blush showing. “Erm... I... Erm... Thanks?”

Scootaloo tilt her head. “You really been stuck here for a hour?”

“Sadly, yes.”

“No pony seen you?”

“Nope, not even the one behind me looking into potted plants and under rugs.” Sunflower glance back seeing the pink pony still looking around.

Pink pony lift her tail up looking around. “No new pony here!” She hums to herself bouncing to another location.

Sunflower blinked a few times . “Am I missing something here? Why are any of you not even freaking out?”

They looked at each other followed by a fits of giggles. “Well at first we weren't sure you was one of those scary griffons, but soon as you started talking to us and close our mouths up, ya cool and kinda awesome, not so awesome as Rainbow Dash though.”

“Fair... Enough.” Sunflower decided to introduce herself. “My name is Sunflower.”

“I am Scootaloo!”

“Sweetie Belle!”

“Applebloom!”

“We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders!” They screamed together afterwards.

Sunflower chuckled. “Dudes, you got really good set of lungs there.” Sunflower turn to the tree house library. “So... Could you three do me a solid and tell Twilight Sparkle to come here?”

“Sure thing, but I do have a question.”

“Is it about my name?” Scootaloo nods. “Urrrg... My dad named me it after improving sunflowers to keep flowering all year around in greenhouse environments, it a finch griffon tradition to name your young after something amazing and it happen to be sunflowers.” Sunflower explained. “I am cool with it though, it sticks and for a griff like me to move around so silently it sorta fits.”

Applebloom step around her to see the pink pony. “Yer stuck because of Pinkie Pie?”

“Yeah th-” Sunflower raise up on hind paws twisting around silently to sit down facing the library to pause in what she was saying hearing the name. “Nah... It couldn't be could it? What are the chances?” She muttered to herself.

Scootaloo whistled. “Sweet Celestia did you see her move! Silent, twisting and not even a feel of wind! That is soooo awesome!”

“It was! It was like watching a dancer! Sunflower your amazing!” Sweetie Belle agreed.

Sunflower watching Pinkie Pie now. “Thank you, it come with practising to use my internal flight magic, with crazy large wings and body I have, you need to learn a few stealthy tricks, and I am full of them.”

“Ah say, yer really good.”

“Now...” Sunflower focus on Pinkie. “You said Pinkie Pie right?”

“Eeyup!”

“By any chance is her full name Pinkmena Diana Pie?” Sunflower asked them, they gave a shrug after looking at each other to get a shake of a head from them afterwards. She turn to see Pinkie was gone, looking around the snowy finch griffon looked around in puzzlement till Sunflower felt something on top of her.

Looking up Pinkie Pie looking upside down back at her from above. “Hi! You called?”

“Pinkmena?”

“Yep!” She giggled with a snort. “But my friends call me Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie Pie drop down floating before Sunflower with balloons tied on.

Sunflower stared at the balloons. “H-” She shook her head. “No forget that, what important is other things, such as does Sunflower Grace Clawhowler ring any bells?”

Pinkie Pie squealed. “No way! Your Sunflower! My pen pal friendzy! Since I was a filly! YOUR HER!?” She spins around happily dancing around in mid air. “Your the new pony! Well not pony but griffon! I never knew you was a griffon! But my Pinkie Senses said somepo-well somegriffon in this case was new in town but I knew for a LONG time!” Pinkie Pie hugs the large chest. “Awwww your too big for a Pinkie Pie hug!” She push back pouting.

Sunflower processing what Pinkie said grins. “Well Pinkmena I think you can have a famous Sunflower wing hug!” She move a wing over and pulled Pinkie in to her chest for a few seconds and let go. “How was that?”

“Soooooo soft... So comfortable.” Pinkie said in a dreamy state hovering with the balloons still attached to her, Pinkie shock her head a few times snapping out of it. “I am really happy to meet you for realizes!” She giggled. “Soooooo, what brings my long time awesome pen pal friendzy to Ponyville?”

Sunflower glance down at the fillies and back at Pinkie Pie. “Pinkmena, what need to be said isn't child friendly.”

Pinkie Pie salutes. “I gotcha covered!” She pop a few balloons, it lowers her down onto all four hooves before them. “Your looking to get your cutie marks right?”

“Yes!” They said together.

Pinkie popped out of her mane a book. “This will help give you fillies some awesome ideas!” She gave them the book.

They looking through it quickly pointing and talking among each other. “This is perfect! Thanks Pinke.” Scootaloo beamed, she turn looking up to Sunflower. “Are we gonna see ya again? We just got to know ya!”

Sunflower smirked. “Before you go ahead and give me a cutie attack, I will let Pinkmena give you all my contact details and I'll drop by this Sunday.”

“Cool! Yer can come by the treehouse at Sweet Apple Acres! It out of the way too!” Applebloom said.

“I'll show her, now go on, have fun!” Pinkie wave them to go.

Sweetie Belle give Sunflower a hug against the forepaw. “You are soft!”

Sunflower laughed. “That I am dude, and proud of it.” Getting laughter from the fillies. “Go on have fun and good luck on your cutie mark hunt!”

“With you saying that we sure to get it!” Scootaloo quickly got on her scooter. “Come on girls let's go!”

They got on and waved to Sunflower. “Bye!” They said together as Scootaloo buzzed her wings, then they were gone.

Sunflower turn towards the library. “Cute fillies, full of life.”

“Yep they sure are! Now to the Everfree Forest! Start of operation Pen Pals Friendzy!” Pinkie giggled.

Sunflower frowns. “I thought you were going to help me get to Twilight?”

“Of course silly! She with Zecora right now, and the edge of the forest is that-a-way!” She point a hoof, Sunflower turn to that direciton.

“So... I been stuck here for a hour wasting time!?”

Pinkie Pie shrugs. “Depends, you did meet the Cutie Mark Crusaders and we got to finally meet didn't we?”

Sunflower had to agree. “Fair point, meet you there Pinkmena.”

Pinkie Pie laughs. “Silly cubby call me Pinkie-” She turn around to see Sunflower were gone. “-pie?” She look around. “Wow! I never even heard her leave!” Pinkie Pie races off to the Everfree Forest.


Pinkie Pie arrived at the edge of the Everfree Forest, looking around she couldn't see Sunflower at all. “I guess I got here first!” Pinkie giggled.

“Or did you?”

Pinkie shivered upon the voice, quickly turning around to have a foreleg in her view, looking right up to a grinning griffon looking back down. “Whoa! How did you do that!?

Sunflower walk over her. “Mastery of Flight Magic and having tones of it in my system, all thanks to the Zebras back when I was a cub in their lands.” Sunflower looking around at the edge of the forest. “Reminds me of home, just without the golems.”

“Maybe I can visit now?”

“Sure, I don't see any problems, just need to keep our home location a secret though, Nanner Maple doesn't want anyone including friends outside in other areas of Equsetria knowing.”

“Fair enough!” Pinkie bouncing to keep up with her. “Follow me!”

“Right behind you.” Pinkie Pie look to her left and behind to see no tracks or sign of Sunflower.

Pinkie Pie blinked a few times. “And I thought I was the really stealthy one.” Pinkie burst into laughter with snorts. “Oh the fun we going to have!” She made her way into the forest with Sunflower near by following.

After a short time Pinkie Pie arrived at Zecora's home. “Twilight~! It me Pinkie~” She snag. “Is Zecora with you?”

Twilight and Spike walk out with Zecora. “Of course, Pinkie, what brings you all the way out here?”

Pinkie grins. “Bring my Pen Pal Friendzy to see Zecora and to talk to you!”

Spike look around with Twilight. “I don't see anypony but you.”

Zecora was looking in one direction and up slightly. “That it may Twilight Sparkle is not a pony, but a griffon many times tall, a cub once now adult, Sunflower it good to see once again.”

“Huh? Where?” Twilight asked now see Zecora looking, she turn to see just by the trees just in the shadows with some light through the leaves. “That a griffon!?”

“That's a griffon.” Sunflower step out into clear view.

Spike whistles. “Whoa your huge! How do you fit in any place being that big?”

Sunflower chuckled. “I like you little dragon, you asked a very good question, one I can answer is not many.” Sunflower sit down before them looking directly down. “I wish we can chit-chat but I was given orders by Princess Celestia to find Twilight to find you Zecora.”

“What? Why?” Twilight asked.

Zecora raise a hoof. “For Sunflower to be so open and out about, the question that should be asked, What is grave enough for Sunflower to come directly to find me.”

Sunflower smiled warmly. “So ever wise Zecora and I am here because of a tale you spoke of to me about.” Her smile disappear to serious. “Zerra has been discovered, his trapped in a sphere with a inverse reality powered by wishes in Princess Celestia's private vault.”

Zecora eyes delight. “Rush we must, to the vault we go, give me a moment to prepare!” She rushes inside her home.

“Princess Celestia has a private vault!?” Twilight screamed in utter surprise. “But why didn't she just message us through Spike?”

“You will see why when we there.” Sunflower turn to Pinkie. “Pinkmena, care to come?”

Pinkie rush up to her with a big bounce landing right on her head. “Of course silly! Pen Pal Mission is a go!”

Zecora returns carrying saddle bags. “Lift me on quick, so we can go, flight to the vault with time on the fly!”

Sunflower lower her self, using her wing as a walk way for the zebra to climb on her back. “You two can come now or stay, I don't have time to explain.”

They looked at each other. “It must be serious Twilight, also she Pinkie Pie's pen pal and Zecora also knows her from a long time ago, that two things for sure we can trust this griffon.”

“You are most certainly right Spike.” She turn to Sunflower. “We're coming.” She and Spike climb on her back. “Wow your soft!”

Spike rub his claws through the fur. "It feels softer than anything I ever been on Twilight."

Sunflower blushes. “Urg... I am so never going to hear the end of this if Nanner Maple hears about this.” She shook her head. “All of you hold on tight and do not worry you won't feel a thing!” Sunflower takes off to Canterlot, to their surprise but Pinkie the take off was nothing they experienced in their lives.

Zecora look to the mountain as the sun starts to set in a jitter motion. “Just hope we are in time, or time will be limited for all of us.”

PreviousChapters Next