• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,304 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,304

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 76.5 – Gruffy

Author's Note:

The clues were put in through out many chapters, now those clues reviled who is with Grandpa Gruff! I wonder who already knew, also something special at the end of the chapter for chapter 77! Enjoy!

Love to read your comments as always!

Stay safe and health all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 76.5 – Gruffy

“Really necessary?” Grandpa Gruff turn around to the candle lit table, with meals for two on it with a fine wine from the Finch Griffon vineyards, sitting at the table Maple. “You came unannounced, you brought this feast with you. And on top of that you ask me that was really necessary?”

Maple holding a folk with a bit of cooked fish with some lettuce, looked past it at Gruff. “Don't forget I cooked that said meal, prepared this romantic set up too Gruffy.”

Gruff walked up to the table, pulling up the chair, grabbing his fez off the floor, he dusted it off and put it back on his head. “I get it, you did cook a lovely romantic meal, still how did you get here without any of the griffons noticing?” He sat down on the chair.

“When we have a granddaughter that can get around without being noticed, you pick up a thing or two off her.” Maple ate the food on the folk.

Gruff swallowed his piece. “Good, last thing I want is my imagine ruined by you!” He point the folk at her.

Maple rolled her eyes. “Oh Gruffy, stop being so dramatic, this meal is to celebrate the eve of our 100th year being married, just loosen up and enjoy this candle lit dinner.”

Gruff gave a huff. “Fine...” He look to the bags she brought with her. “I have to ask, where is those fake talons of yours?”

Maple drink a bit of the wine. “Don't need to Gruffy, I was discovered, so the rules as you know them. Allow me to be paw fancy and free.” She wiggled her free forepaw fingers at him. “Now you get to feel the soft sweet touch of fur and pads, right on that sweet spot between your wings.”

Gruff swallowed hard coughing, he hit his chest a few times. “Y-you had to say that when I was swallowing didn't you!?” He growled.

“Oh you know you love those padded massages.” She smirked.

His face turn red as his fez. “Er-erm... Well I...”

“Oh you got a nice shade of red my sweet.”

Gruff shook his head. “Damn it Mapy! Stop that!”

“Ooooo I now got you to lower your barrier, nice to hear that after all these years.” She reach over putting her forepaw on his talon, he closed the talon over it, rubbing the gritty scaly claws. “I got another surprise for you my sweet Gruffy.”

Maple release her paw from his talon, she reach down to the bag by the table, pulling out of it a envelope, giving it to him. “What is this?”

“Open it.”

Gruff did and pulled out two tickets. “Hinny of the Hills?” His one good eye showed the reaction to it. “Isn't this that pony play that always sold out. And you have have to wait for months or even years to see!”

“Yes it is, that for tomorrow night, also added bonus, we get the best suite in the best hotel in Manehatten for a week for free.”

Gruff's beak dropped before he managed to speak. “W-what!? How!?”

“They give that suite for a week for those celebrating 100 years of being married, guess they never thought it would come up much. And expect it to be a pair of Earth Ponies or that odd few of Unicorns, being a pair of griffons was a first for them.” Maple said going back to eating her meal calmly.

Gruff's ganked. “B-but how did you prove that we been married that long!? We were married by a bucking finch griffon that most likely in the grave!”

Maple pulled out the papers from her bag. “Very simple, I showed them the papers on the way here.”

“WHAT!?” Gruff grabbed the papers looking through them. “You were discovered! How!?”

Maple giggled. “Oh your so sweet when you fluster Gruffy, even age got to you.”

“Tell me!”

“A crazy zebra called Zerra from over 1000 years ago is responsible for it, he pulled me into a inverse reality sphere that wishes came true.”

Gruff rolled his eyes. “Why am I not surprised to hear it some weird magic?” He did air quotes. “You are the definition of weird magic and technology science!”

Maple drunk a bit more of her wine. “I met the young prince, Celestia's daughter, Gilda and a few others from our reality, so my cover was pretty much blown.” She turn her gaze to him. “In that world, both you and I long past our mortal chains.”

“You mean we were dead there!?”

“Yes, married to Pistol, died old and happy, a world where Guto didn't do what he did, where Nightingale was ruler of Griffina and sat on the throne of Griffonstone castle. You served as royal guard till retiring without a family, you were a career griffon.” Maple said.

Gruff turn his gaze upon the helmet with part of it sliced open over the eye sitting on a griffon mannequin with a suit of griffish armour. “No King Guto, no mass murders of a whole city, I turning on him to defend and save you, no experimental treatment to slow my ageing to a crawl. You not effected by the destruction of Flaptua.”

“Pretty much.”

“Live a normal life span and not see what I seen? It sound like a dream, but not one I would ask for, not after what we both been through, it be a disloyalty to those that lost, we are the last that remembers what really happened that day.”

Maple got up from the table approaching the griffon mannequin, looking upon the claw damaged helmet recalling those eyes set upon her on moments after the floating city seemingly blow up, but she knew now what really happen to it and the smaller floating land masses. She recalled also creating the very magical technology prototype nanites that prolonged her husband's life span.

“Maple?”

Maple sat down on her hunches, she turn her gaze down to the forepaws, closing and opening them. “I had no right to do that to you Gruffy, but I had to try something to keep you with me, you been there for me when I needed you the most, we had a beautiful son, even have a very large granddaughter...” She sniffed a bit. “This is why I was hoping to avoid this, with everything that happened in the last few months, the mortality of life has... My life has really been turned upside down, I was being-”

She saw a pair of talons place down on her paws, close them around it soft fur and tough pads. “Now you lowered your barrier Mapy.” She rose her head up, Maple's red eyes met the black and whitish grey eyes of Gruff. “Before you say that your being selfish, that isn't true at all, you are a griffon with a giant heart and it took you a long time to move on from Pistol.”

“About him...”

“His alive isn't he?”

“Yes bu-”

“I had a feeling that was the case of your unexpected visit first, now I know for sure, I am not stupid Maple, one thing this old bird got is his mind.” He chuckled. “Your a smart dumb griffon at times, just as much I am.” He laughed with a bit of a cough afterwards.

“Gruff...”

“Now... how is that even possible?”

“Trapped between dimensions on the Isle of Flaputa for the last 200 years, the only survivor in a manner of speaking, it wasn't destroyed but ripped from our dimension.”

“And do you still love him?”

Maple sighed heavily. “I do and did, my love is to you Gruff...” Maple squeeze her forepaws back against his talons. “200 years we been together, 100 by tomorrow we been married, he was my first love and always will be, but you are my true love, even we have a lot of bumpy points in our life.”

“Very bumpy, but worth the investment we put into it.” He chuckled lightly. “But I accept that I wouldn't have it any other way, at least we can get out of this dump for a week, I am sure Gabby be happy to house sit for me while I am gone, she too kind for her own good.” Gruff said with a smile.

Maple eyes brighten. “That means?”

Gruff nodded. “You sold me Mapy, how we getting there?”

Maple smiled, kissing his beak, he returned it, she than answers. “Tonight we flying to the port on the west coast, there a ship waiting for us, I pulled a few strings to get us a ship to get us there by morning.” Maple said letting go of his talons. “Let's eat up and get ready to go shall we?”

Gruff shook his head taking his seat. “I should of knew that you had this planned.”

“Of course, even there was a chance of this happening or not, I had to put into action if we did go through with this, who do you think I am?” Maple sat on her seat.

“The smart beautiful griffon I sold my heart to.”

“As I sold my heart to you my grumpy griffon.”

Gruff raise his glass. “To a well invested marriage.”

Maple raise her glass too, they clang together. “And invested life, to an invested family.” Maple tensed, Gruff smiled and they drunk some of their wine, they went on to eat their somewhat romantic meal before their flight to the harbour town Grifshore Bay to start their 100th anniversary trip to Manehatten.


“Dream Randomiser unauthorized arrival. Alpha 002 protocol activated, Dream Cavern has been locked down from the rest of the Dream and Waking Realm. Proceed to Safe Zone Alpha imminently, Dream Guardian protect priority 001, 008, 011 with imminent effect."


Chapter 77: An Unexpected Guest(s)

A (figure)(group) arrive in Dream Cavern via Gale's Dream Sphere through the Dream Randomiser, the readers once again on the chapter of lucky 77 will make the choice, you have only twenty four hours to choose.

Voting closed

Which of these are the unexpected guest(s)?

  1. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers - 1 votes / 3%
  2. Voyager crew (Star Trek) - 3 Votes / 9%
  3. Nick and Judy (Zootropolis) - 5 Votes / 14%
  4. Mass Effect (Normandy Crew) - 3 Votes / 9%
  5. Twelfth Doctor and Clara Osward (Doctor Who) - 0 Votes / 0%
  6. 30-30 (Brave Star) - 2 Votes / 6%
  7. Ash, Brock, May, Max and Piakchu (Pokemon) - 3 votes / 9%
  8. Digimon Tamers (Digimon Season 3) - 1 Votes / 3%
  9. Po and Furious Five (Ku-Fu Panda) - 6 Votes / 17%
  10. Hiccup and Toothless (How to Train your Dragon) - 7 Votes / 20%
  11. SG1 (Star Gate) - 2 Votes / 6%
  12. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles (Sonic X) - 2 Votes / 6%

Total Votes: 35
Updated: votes closed
Winning Vote: Hiccup and Toothless (How to Train your Dragon)

PreviousChapters Next