• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 103: Here we Remember

Author's Note:

Gale's pure heart has no bound.

Always welcome comments my friends.

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 103: Here we Remember

Stepping out of a train onto the Canterlot Train Station a unicorn, griffon and dragon onto the platform as the final rays of the sun disappear on the horizon. Two guards approach them with Princess Nightingale. “It good to see you all made it my friends.” She greets them happy to see Geremy, Starlight and Crimson had made it on time to meet with the others at the warehouse.

Starlight and Crimson raced over to Nightingale as she did to them, they clashed with a group hug finally getting to meet each other again after the escape of the shattered Inverse Universe. “Nightingale, it good to see you again.” Crimson said with glee.

“Yeah it been annoying not able to get near you while keeping a low profile.” Starlight said feeling happy to hug the almost 800 year old princess.

Nightingale nuzzled both of them rubbing her checks against their sides of the face. “I know, I and mum did all we could to keep you off the grid. When I saw you two at the stage I was worried that was all blown.” She said and finally let go of the embrace.

Starlight shook her head. “We figured out a way to get out of that mess on the stage, it was fun to compete and would of liked to see how far we would of gotten, but when I saw our counterparts we had to act.”

Geremy was curious about what happened at the convention. “How come you were with Starlight Glimmer from this-”

Nightingale interrupted. “Not from our universe, in fact not from our corner of the multiverse, she come from the reality Prince Mark Wells came from.” Nightingale answered getting a collective shocked reaction from the Inverse Reality trio.

Starlight used her magic to do a time out sign with pinkish glowing claws in front of her. “Whoa whoa whoa! Did you say what I just heard!? That Starlight was from ANOTHER reality!?”

“Is that Garble from that reality too!?” Crimson asked.

Nightingale shook her head. “No from this one, he also the son of Anubis the dragons God of Death.”

“N-no way! Seriously!?” Crimson's jaw dropped knowing Smolder he saw with Garble was also a child of an god.

Geremy was taking it all in with wide eyes. “Ooookay... That a lot to take in...”

Nightingale wave a talon for them to follow. “I'll summarise it and tell you the short story as we go meet up with mum and the others at my cousin Blueblood's Blueskies Cargo Company Warehouse.”

“Does these guards know?” Starlight dispel the glowing magical claws hinting to the two.

“Lt. Stormfront and Lt. Whirlwind Shield? Yeah they do, they part of Bluestar's squad.” She continue to walk with the guards following her close behind. “Come on time-a-wasting.”

They looked at each other and nod collecting their things and follow Princess Nightingale towards the cliff side to the mountain peak. “How many universes do you think are out there?” Crimson whisper to Starlight.

She whispers back. “If I am to guess, infinite.” Crimson just whistled in response to that number.


Geremy took note that the streets were clear on the way to the warehouse with a few guards keeping a eye on said streets on roofs or on paths leading into other streets, they noticed the large white griffon with the regal gear on among quite a lot of griffons, pony princesses, Gale, a wolf and the captain of the guard.

Celestia walked up to them to greet the Inverse Reality survivors. “I am glad that you three could make it with such short notice, and apologise how disturbing my appearance must be to you all knowing I look exactly like your Princess Celestia from the Inverse Reality.” Celestia softly spoken to them.

Starlight stepped up to Celestia bowing her head slightly. “We been given a short story of what been going on Princess and thank you for taking into account our own feelings, also I like to give my condolence to the Griffons of Equis-14, it seem that each of us seem to have lost a world we once lived on.”

Grav put a wing across his chest and bow his head to Starlight. “Thank you and our condolences for what happened to the Inverse Reality.” Geremy, Crimson, Gale and Silvite bow their heads down too with the griffons of Equis-14.

Grover's head tilt upwards slightly at the sight of the peak high above and the plateau. “Almost five years it been since I was there before this mountain fell upon our world over 4000 years ago...” The former king whispered thinking back to that moment on Earth when he tried to save the human child that would become Gale the young teenage griffon that is his adoptive son.

Leela was about to say something to the former first king of Griffina but the sound of the large doors starting to part and move to the sides caught all their attention. They watched the doors slowly slide open, standing before them Prince Blueblood and Arbiter, behind them Luna's eyes locked upon a large airship in mid-construction with the primary internal hull mostly completed.

Alpha and Gale's attention where drawn on the two creatures with Blueblood and Arbiter, mainly the tiger, Celestia and a few others realised who she was too that were at the dream watching the Random Dream Adventure Gale and Discord had. “T-Tigress!?” Gale squawked in surprise.

Tigress put a fist into the open palm of her other paw hand bowing to Gale. “Creator, it a honour to finally meet you.”

“Hey there, so your our creator huh? Thought you be old-gah.” Tigress elbows him in the gut, he holds it bending down dropping on his knees. “Ow! What was that for Tigress!?” Ratchet whizzed.

Tigress snarled glaring at her husband. “Ratchet be respectful! His our Creator!”

Gale walked up to them, Arbiter and Blueblood part ways for the teen to approach them. “Created were created by my memories, imagination, but you are you, no want to be seen as something more than I am. You two lived very long lives, you two think for self like Arbiter, Grogar made you two like Arbiter to take magic in me for him. But you refuse, you choose to live a life, be more than what Grogar wanted you.” Gale stood up on his paws, helping Ratchet to his feet and smiled as he spoke to them.

Tigress turn to Arbiter showing surprise in her eyes. “You said we would be in for a surprise...”

“Yes I did, Creator Gale is the title we gave, but he not as you would expect and see why we choose our paths, our lives and our dreams. It is why you choose to wed Ratchet 2999 years ago and why you two are still married to this day.”

Tigress smiled. “Show off.” Tigress turn to Gale. “Creator Gale, thank you for your wise words and you stand correct we did choose because your heart gave it to us.” She place her paw hand on his foreleg. “Thank you.”

Gale put his own talon on her arm. “You welcome!” Gale said happily..

Leela holding the book under her arm stood before Ratchet and Tigress. “Hello to both of you, I'm Leela the Royal Book Keeper for Princess Celestia, also a fellow Created a prime.”

“Whoa no way! Your the one that was sealed away! It awesome to meet you!” Ratchet put his hand out to her, she took it with her talon hand shaking it.

“Pleasure to meet you too Ratchet, with the way you look I say your either a mechanic, tinker or a inventor, or all and above.” Leela said as she let go from the shake looking up at him as he look back down at her.

Ratchet put one hand on the side of his hip the other behind his head rubbing it. “Colour me impressed, you got it in one. I do all of that and more, Tigress got a knack for it too.”

Tigress rolled her eyes. “When you lived as long as we have you get bored with just doing one thing and don't forget I taught you how to kick butt.” Tigress smirked at Ratchet.

Gilda watched them all talk. “When you think we hit the peak of weirdness, we up it another level...” Gilda shook her head.

Alpha admittingly felt strange seeing another Tigress. “I doubt there is a peak at the rate we going...” Alpha grumbled.

Grant eyes scanned them. “Father what exactly do we do?”

“We wait, let them talk, it interesting to listen to their tales and we get to know more about these Created too.” Grav calmly said as he watched and listened with fascination.

Luna was more curious about the airship. “Nephew that airship... Is it-”

“Yes Aunt Luna it is, that is the HMS Nightflower, Big Rig gave me the basic blueprints after you paid the forwarding commission down payments, I will be getting more supplies in front Flaputa-on-Sea to continue the build and should be ready for it maiden voyage in 4 to 6 weeks.” Blueblood informed Luna about the airship that was being constructed.

Arbiter speaks up. “Please follow me to the elevator, we will head up to the Mausoleum of Worlds.”

“Lead the way Arbiter.” Celestia gestures, the rest collectively nod and follow him to the back of the warehouse where the wall slides open to reveal a large circular platform elevator, they all get on and the door closes up, soon as it does the lift starts to go up.


The doors to the Mausoleum open and the group lead by Arbiter walk inside to see the large hologrpahic projection in the middle of the soft purple and blue lit up circular room with another entrance ahead of them, around the walls were oval pod like objects sticking out the walls, marble pillars supporting the dome roof high above.

Spyro took in everything since they entered the elevator to walking through Arbiter's home into the Mausoleum, this was a whole another level of architectural engineering to technology, it was light years ahead of anything he had seen in any of the other Equestrian worlds or even Earth.

“Impressive isn't it? Arbiter managed to pull this off almost by his lonesome, soon as ponies started building Canterlot he contacted a few of them and together dug out a shaft and built that elevator we were in.” Ratchet calmly said to the stunned black griffon with the golden wings spread out wide showing how shocked he was.

Spyro saw Grav, Grant and the other submarine crew griffons step towards the projection and bow their heads almost at the same time, some had tears falling. He could feel the intense sorrow coming off them all and looked to the Equis that was holographically hanging in the air, it was much like his and this one but with differences, there was a lot of satellites including a space station.

Grav turn around to all. “The Interspecies Space Station was the pride of all races, after a long bitter war between all the nations a peace was made. As a sign of that peace we built a space station for all, even figuring out how to create artificial gravity by spinning parts of the station creating a gravity field through out it. My father, Grant's grandpa Grocar was the master mind behind it... Seeing this makes us sad but also happy that the memories of our world carry on even after we all are gone, Glacier thank you for saving our history and allowing it to shine here.”

“Sweetie, one thing I learned from a long life, history must be told in all it colourfulness, even some of it is bleak. If you make it all rosy and shiny, nothing really is learned.” Glacier stated.

“That true and you with Silvite and Octicovix.” Grant said back.

Silvite stared at the Earth and Moon. “It feels as it was only yesterday...” She sighed with a puff of smoke out of the muzzle.

Nightingale, Geremy, Starlight and Crimson walked up to the hologram of Inverse Equis. “If only we knew what we were making would break the rule of wish magic... We-” Starlight begins but Nightingale place a talon on her back, she look over to the princess. “Princess Nightingale?”

“What we now known isn't what we knew before, we can't change what happened... The same applies to what Shal-Quz did, what Grogar did, Anubis and so on, messing with events that had been could end with a real heap of mess, the fact we had a one off to stop Shal-Quz's victory in the first place is something we can not careless think it would work for all of us... Even with all these worlds and lives lost... Saving so many could lead to many more dying...”

Crimson snorted out some flames crossing his arms growling slightly. “I hate to say it, but Princess Nightingale is right... I would love to go back at save my sister from being erased, but that would lead to that zebra looking at us more and we may never built the shield or the project being kickstarted the way it did.”

Geremy eyes watered with tears falling. “Hard it is to swallow, we can't take what happened once to happen again, we can't mess with it, Gallus even he not my son and going back I could have him would lead to the project never happening, even Gallus here not knowing he had a uncle and I had a brother, Smolder and Garble being children of a dragon god or even knowing there is other Starlights in this endless universe.”

“Your right, we can't...” Starlight looked at each of them. “Knowing that we have somewhere to go to remember them, a memory, we can move on and live the lives Princess Celestia given us.” She smiled lifting a hoof up to them. “We together and that counts for everyone of the Inverse Equis.”

They each place a claw and talons on the hoof. “Together.” They said back.

Nightingale move her talon away turning around to everyone with the Inverse Survivors standing behind her. “The Inverse Reality, Inverse Equis was my home for 799 years, we know it was created by massive amounts of wish magic from me on the day of my birth. It was a world that seem almost perfect in every way, even Zerra created it with the wish magic it was home for a long time.”

Starlight spoke next. “We were losing families, loved ones and friends because of that zebra before we even knew who he was. What came from it was a bond from many to solve what was happening to stop it and in turn lead to us living to tell our tale today, live beyond the limits of wish magic be our own family to live our lives.”

Crimson put a fist to his scaly chest. “I became a dragon of science, magic and technology, grew beyond it to make sure I did this to remember my sister Smolder, renaming myself from Garble to Crimson, the red and the orange a staple in memory to my older sister. I stand in a world both of them live as the children of a god to the dragons, they get to be together and I am glad I get to see it and tell you all this.”

Geremy put his talon on his arm and Crimson took a step back with a smile to Geremy to speak next. “Gallus showed us that beacon, showed us a way to save us all and if we had a little bit more time we would of. Even we live and breathe we gave what we made to Princess Celestia to use to protect Equestria, Griffina and other lands when we could not, today we stand in the shadow of memories of our home.” He looked up at the holographic globe of their world with a smile on his beak, the others looked up at it each smiling too with tears falling.

Gale sat on his rump looking at each of the worlds. “It long time ago, but it feels weird...”

“I know dweeb... over 4000 years past since Earth been gone, for them it far more recent, you will feel different to them.” Gilda sat beside him putting wing over the teen.

Gale press his head against her side. “Glad you first griffon meet, you help lots Gilda, you amazing big sister.”

“That I am cub.” Gilda said looking at the image of Earth, she noticed Grover under it looking right up at the sphere. “Hmm...”

Celestia walked up beside her husband. “You were on Earth moments before it was destroyed...”

Grover staring up without looking at Celestia respond to his wife. “I was... I saved the child from falling through the ice and snow before I knew he was to be my son, I have no idea why Keeper's gate brought me there still, even that fox can't figure it out.” Grover turn to Celestia with tears falling. “It was suppose to send me to Nightingale, to save the child I knew was ours, somehow it did.” His watery eyes gazed upon Gale. “If I didn't end up at that moment, we wouldn't have this moemnt...”

“I know...” Celestia reach out to the former first king and he embraced her with a strong hug weeping into her feather fur chest, she lean down crying softly back. “Thank you Grover for saving our son... Thank you for saving us all...”

Grant saluted to Grover, the other griffons did too. “Lord Grover, former first king of Griffina, your actions lead to Glacier, Silvite and Octicovix to our submarine chasing Shal-Quz, your one action set off a chain of events so many years beyond we breathed, thank you Lord Grover.”

The other griffons said together. “Thank you!”

Gale tackle hugged him. “You awesome dad! Save me before I Gale! I came Gale cause Grogar transformative magic, but you act made it possible.”

Grover hugged him back with the immense feeling of pride. “I am glad to have unforeseeable saved you my son...”

Alpha walked around with Arbiter and Tigress watching the mix reactions. “There a lot of strong emotions here...” Alpha said feeling it himself. “I am thinking about that moment I did all that... work for Shen... The burteiness of it, how callous I was... For 20 years I served him with my pack, than Lord Gale and Discord arrived, that moment changed my life and allow me to see the inner peace I sneaked.” Alpha spoke as his eye focused on the teenage griffon with Gilda.

Tigress with her paw hands in the jean pockets walked casually by him. “I know of what I am and where I came from in the fictional world of Kung Fu Panda, I may never know what you been through or what the Tigress you met would think of you today. All I can say the actions you took may never been truly forgiven but if those are willing to give you a second chance, and you found it by serving Creator Gale, I say stick to it and use that inner peace of yours to give those that wish harm to him a good hard kicking.” She pulled out a paw hand from the jean pocket and softly punch his shoulder.

Alpha chuckled a little. “I know, thanks for reminding me of that Tigress.”

Arbiter flex and clench his scaly hand. “I know not of a fight, I lived many a life times here alone, while the other Created went to a new home that choose to not harm their Creator, I choose not and sometimes I regret it but now I do not, seeing this moment that all can share moments that truly mean a lot to them is worth every moment.”

“Can't disagree on that, it a very good thing you did Arbiter.” Alpha said.

“It weren't so easy.” Arbiter simply replied.

Shining Armor stood with Cadance to the side with Luna. “I have to say that this Mausoleum of Worlds is amazing, from the look of the projector I gather it was made for Earth first than what happened to the Inverse Reality and now Equis 14.”

“I concur with you Captain Armor, this place will be open for all of them to reflect on the worlds they once called home, it hard to see so much sorrow but there will be light of them and we will help.” Luna calmly said.

Cadance lean against Shining. “I think it a wonderful thing, a memorial site such as this is something they all needed, a rooted place to speak to their loved ones that are past.”

“I completely agree Cadance.” Shining responded.

Daybreaker stood behind them looking at everyone. “Just what we all needed a sob fest...”

They turn around to her. “That a bit cold.” Shining gave her a anger look.

“Woo oh me.” Daybreaker said with dramatic lift of a fore leg of the head. “Please.” She stomp it down. “I don't have the same mushy feelings like Luna or Celestia has, my feelings of desire to protect my little Gale no matter what the cost, after what I heard about Shal-Quz and it was me not Celestia there, that bunny would be a pile of ash.” Daybreaker turn around walking to the door. “I don't even know why I came...” She grumbled.

Luna answered that very question. “Because of your son.”

Daybreaker stopped and turn around to Luna. “You are correct dear sister, but-” She noticed Spyro, a strange sense of feeling washed over her. “So that the bonded changeling that became Gale's older brother, curious...” She walked over to him.

Shining looked confused. “What just happened?”

“No idea...” Cadance answered and Luna looked as lost as they watched the nightmare version of Celestia walk up to Spyro. “Should we stop her?” Cadance asked.

“No, we will watch with caution.” Luna stated and they nod in response.

Spyro felt a strange sense of emotions coming from to his left, turning his head the eyes met a flaming orange plate, orange white fur, slowly rasing his eyes to meet the slitted deep orange burning eyes of the Alicorn Daybreaker, he could see the flaming mane sloped down the side of her neck showing hardly any excess magic like Celestia and Luna has to flow. “Your the second mum Gale spoke of, Daybreaker...”

Daybreaker gave a fanged smile before laughing. “Yes hehe I am.” She heftly chuckled. “Your the new son I heard about from Arbiter, the changeling that bonded with my son Gale.” She lean down to get a good look at him. “Yes I can sense it, that same intense desire to protect my children Gale first, than Nightingale and now you... Even not blood I have that urge to make sure no harm comes to you no matter the cost.”

“What of dad?”

Daybreaker quickly turn her gaze to Grover with Celestia. “Nicely played.” She raise her head and put her hoof on his head ruffling the feathers. “Family is important to me, but my children are more so.” She said bluntly moving the hoof away from his head. “I wasn't created for power, I was created for the soul protection of my children. That now include you Spyro and I can see that you have experience behind you, be that protector to your family Spyro and I'll be content to the arboretum, now if you excuses me, this place got too much tears as it is and I prefer to not sob like a idiot.”

Spyro watch her walk by and head to the doors using the little magic she can to open them with a chime, the doors slide open rapidly. “Mum, sometimes to cry is to be strong.”

Daybreaker stopped at the edge of the door way, glancing over at him a few tears do fall, a sly smile showed afterwards. “Brief as it is, I would like to see you again son, see all my children without being here, these tears are between us and I will diene crying if you tell anyone.”

Spyro gave a smile back. “Completely mum.” She turn and leaves with the doors closing. “Prince Wells or Queen Chrysalis never going to believe me when I tell them of this...”

Shining Armor, Luna or Cadance didn't see the last exchange. “I wonder what just happened.” Luna asked.

“No way to tell, the walls blocked our view of angle...” Shining said.

“Something good I think.” Cadance smiled.

Arbiter see Blueblood is alone and stepped up beside him. “You are aware that now so many know of this place, keeping a lid on it will be harder and the other Equestria rulers will be made aware now.”

“Yes.”

“Yet you seem so calm, why?”

“Prince Blueblood when I made the move to have Gilda bring Princess Celestia to the plateau, I knew things will change and the events of Shal-Quz brought more to light, the Created will request Creator Gale to come to their home now. Events been set in motion we can not stop only steer.”

“Were it not so easy, huh?” Blueblood looked up at Arbiter.

Arbiter glance down at Blueblood. “Indeed Prince Blueblood, indeed...”

After that they stood in silence watching those moan, share stories of their once homes and even laugh about some of their tales, in Arbiter could smile he was be smiling ear to ear seeing how they all were interacting with each other.

PreviousChapters Next