• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,299 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 – Hole of an Trip

Author's Note:

The story continues and I try my hardest to keep out for those mistakes that maybe there!

Also I like to know what you all think about how I been working the story. As you notice almost only 3 days has gone by in the story with the opening eight chapters that I created so far.

I do plan to speed up ahead soon but I rather do it right and not rushed. I seen how many of you like the story so far. So I try to aim to keep to what I been making.

Enjoy and any help be awesome!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 8 – Hole of an Trip

“Happy... Mothers... Day...” Celestia slowly repeated the words her eyes set upon the griffon. “H-How di-”

Luna answered the question Celestia tried to ask. “We dream shared sister. Within he spoke and knew what family was the moment thy took him in.”

The teenage griffon nods to confirm this. “Th-that means you've accepting me as your mother till we find your real one?” Celestia managed to say gulping nervously at what she caused to fall on her hooves.

The griffon nods hugging his plush with a smile. “At least one of us seem to be calm about this...” Celestia muttered under her breath half glaring at her sister without Luna noticing.

Luna did notice the tilted head confusion from the young one and turning to Celestia. “Sister we believe thy know that the young one was nervous and unable to exactly say it.”

“It was also only mere moments, ten maybe more minutes to that of the waking. To our perspective he just said it in the dream. Not hours ago.” Luna further explained to her sister.

Celestia turn to the griffon. “So... Speaking in the dream is possible hmm?” He nods with a smile and groans lowering his head soon afterwards. “Yet not so when awake it seems.” Celestia smiled.

“That will change over time.” Celestia reinsured him.

With a raised head and few blinks came the confusion. Luna realised from the last moments of the shared dream, he didn't truly understand time. “Sister, we shall explain what happened in the day-dream.”

“Very well Luna.” Celestia replied.

As Luna start to explain to Celestia the griffon walk over to to the desk looking at papers, ink well and quill. Suddenly a flash of images came to him making the teenager wobbly a bit at first, after a few blinks he slowly reached out to the quill recalling a skill he did not know he had a moment ago.

Putting the plush down on the desk he held the quill in his right talon, thumb press over the top with the index resting over it to the middle finger. The last finger under the middle, he twist and look at how he'd held it as if he did it before but unable to recall when or how.

“Luna it seem that his semi residence to magic may resulted in the backfire you two got hit by-” He listen to part of what Celestia said but lost in the word of his own looking at the ink well and paper.

Lowering the tip into the ink he recalled words spoken at some sort of trip about what students used an long time ago. Blinking he seem to get a understanding as the ink dripped from the quill tip about what is and what was.

To his mind was the quill used before or now? Or was it now or before?

He was confused by the concept of what came to mind. Moving the quill to the paper he started to draw lines along the paper, what seem random at first started to form an rough image.

Each stroke from think to thin gave him more understanding at what he was doing, sticking the tongue out to the left side of his beak he'd continue to work on the forming image before him.

As he continued to draw away on the scroll of paper the sisters had finished talking to each other with Celestia asking the last dreaded question. “Luna, did you ask for his name?”

Luna groans. “We did not.” She continues to speak with a hoof out to stop Celestia from replying. “We saw how he enjoyed speaking to us, thou did not think of asking for thy name.”

“That I can understand.” Celestia smiled and glance over to the desk. “Hmm... Now that is curious.”

Luna turn to it and saw the teenager's back to them doing something out of view of them. “Indeed sister.”

They crept over and stood over him looking down at what the griffon were doing. What the sisters saw was a surprise, they saw a bit runny sketched ink out drawing of both of them. Celestia put her wing tip on the muzzle tip towards Luna.

Luna nods and they watched without a word as the griffon continue to draw without a hint of knowing they was behind him watching. He was so into it that the world around him seem to just melt away to white noise as he smiled and happily draw what came to his mind.

What was on his mind were the two Alicorn sisters, Celestia he saw and felt protection, love and care of an mother would be. So she is his mother to mind and Luna was his aunty.

This made him happy that hybrids like him gave a sense of family and meaning from the last two weeks of the only true memories he had. The other ones that kept appearing through minor dizzy spells were confusing to the griffon.

Putting the quill down he picked up the scroll to get a good look at his drawing. Smiling at what he created, the smile faded a second later when silence came to his attention.

Now he felt as if something was watching above him, slowly raising his head up the golden brown eyes met the two set of Alicorn sisters eyes. Sheepishly smiling at them he rose up the drawing to show them it.

Celestia using her magic took it from his talons to get a better look with Luna. “Have you ever drew before?” He shrugged. “Interesting.”

“Indeed it is. We wonder whom this dragon is.” Luna took it from Celestia.

Celestia noticed the head of the dragon behind their own heads. “Indeed. Who is this?” He shrugged. “You remember seeing a dragon look like this?” He rubbed the back of his head trying to give them a answer from that.

“We gather his not sure. But it could help us.” Luna stated and look to him with a warm smile. “Yet what matters at this moment is what he drew and feels.”

He smiles. “Thy look happy and should be.” He gave a happy nod.

“I think we should pin this somewhere that we all can see day to day.” Celestia suggested.

Luna tap her snout with her hoof. “We could set something up on the corridor wall.”

Celestia take the picture from Luna and give the drawing back to the griffon. “What do you think of that?”

“Hmm...” With a hum he nods liking that idea.

An knock comes from the door and they all turn to it. “Come in!” Celestia called out.

A blue glow and the door opens with a guard stepping in. “Ah Blue Star. It good to see your back.” She notice the flat box held by his magic.

“Princesses, I have what is asked for and also been informed the coach is ready to take you all to Donut Joes.” He informed and saluted.

“Thank you Blue Star, have the rest of the day and tomorrow off. You earned it.” Celestia gracefully nods to the guard taking the flat box with her magic.

He salutes once more. “Thank you Princess. I will report back in on Sunday! Have a nice meal out and goodnight.” He leaves the room closing the door behind him.

The griffon went to grab the box but Celestia quickly pull it away. “Not till we eaten at Donut Joe's young one.” He grumbled crossing his forelegs. “Get your plush and let's go.” He nods picking up the plush from the desk. “Come Luna time for both of you to enjoy something I have done for many years.”

Luna looked a bit lost. “What is this Donut Joe's thou speak of?”

“Donut Joe is a name of a pony that run his own restaurant that sells all kinds of doughnuts with amazing hot drinks.” Celestia answered.

“Next question. What is a doughnut?” Luna asked with the confused look still present, the griffon sharing his own confusion.

Celestia sung in her reply walking by them. “Oh you will see~!”

“Sister! Thy will answer!”

“Nope!” Celestia open the door and leaves.

Luna look down to the griffon. “Shall we nephew?” He shrugs putting the drawing down on the desk. “My thoughts exactly...” Luna muttered and they leave her room to follow Celestia down the stairs.

The griffon noticed she said my and not our before leaving.

After a short track through the corridors and stairs they approached the pony drawn coach, it was roundish and white. It has gold patterns swirling around it and on the door was the gold markers of the Equestria flag on it.

A guard open the door for them and the princesses enter with a thankful nod to him. The griffon follows them inside but freezes at the sight inside, it was roomy red soft seats. Too roomy for the coach size.

He quickly came out flying over it and around seeing the size of it from the outside he lands to go back inside. The griffon looked very confused at the size of the inside to the outside, this made him unnerved at the sight of the irregular dimensions.

Celestia pat the red cushion beside her. “Come on sit by me and I will explain.” He nervously nod and sit down beside her as the door now shuts. “We ready to depart.”

“Yes Princess!” Came a female guard's voice and the slight shift within showed they were moving.

Celestia put her wing around the griffon and begin to explain to him about what he experienced. “Now young one, you are aware there is magic in us and all around us right?” He gave an unsure look but nods slightly.

“Unicorns and Alicorns can show this through our horns via picking up things with telekinetic magic to an wide range of spells, like how I can raise and lower the sun including Luna's with the moon as well dream magic.”

Celestia's horn lights up picking up the box floating it around, but one thing the griffon noticed it was flickering slightly as if something in it was interfering with her magic. “Now the same thing applies to all forms of life, most noticeable are Earth Ponies and Pegasus Ponies.”

“Good example is how you can fly. Have you noticed your wings not exactly the right size for flying?” He look over to the uncovered wing opening it out slightly seeing she was right. “Now the magic in you flow through the wings more than other parts of your body.”

Celestia continue to explain. “When you open them and flap to fly do you feel as if they are bigger yet they don't look it?” He nods to confirm that feeling he had while flying. “That is the internal magic in you effecting the dimensions of your wings without changing the size of them but within.”

His eyes drift left and right with thoughts coming to mind. He finally clicked after a moment to the inner parts of the coach they was in. With an squawk of surprise pointing to his wings and to the interner, Celestia understood without words he now knew what she was talking about.

“Indeed even structures are affected by this irregular form of dimensions within to the outside. It something that became part of the norm to all forms of life that live in homes to forms of transport like this.” Celestia said nuzzling the side of his face with her own. “I can see what Luna means about you being a smart little griffon.”

He cooed with happiness and hugs her side and she return the hug to the griffon as Luna watched with silent smile. The coach slows to a stop and a call comes from outside from the same guard pony. “Your highnesses. We have arrived at Donut Joe's.” Follow up by the door opening.

The two Alicorns and the Griffon step out the coach, they walked up to a pair of large glass doors. Using her magic Celestia opens it with a jingly, Luna coughs catching her attention. “Yes Luna?”

Luna hints to the sky. “Are thy forgetting something?”

Celestia turn to the sky with the door open.. “Oh my!” Celestia using her magic to lower the sun with Luna casting her spell to raise the moon. “Better sister?”

“Better.” Luna walk through the open doors into the Donut Joe's. “Coming Nephew?”

The griffon staring at the sky seeing that they just changed it from day to night together, this was the second time for him to see but it still amazed him. With a nod he quickly follows her and Celestia letting out a giggle walk inside while the guards stood either end of the two glass doors.

Donut Joe the light amber coat unicorn with orange mane wearing white hat and jacket on. His green eyes locked on the princesses and the griffon entering his shop. “Princess Celestia! It good to see you again and I see you brought your sister Princess Luna with ya!”

“And whom may this cool looking griffon be?” The griffon tilt his head in confusion of the words spoken. He had a feeling what cool might mean but wasn't very sure, this also was the first pony he seen that fear didn't set in like so many before.

He also took notice of the white and dark grey chequered floor to wooden tables with stalls around them. The green wars with circle objects and holes in them on pictures as well in a case behind Donut Joe. The lamps hanging over each giving light in the room equally in the room with the different shades of green diamonds banner on the squirting board.

Celestia looked around noticing the shop was empty. “Always come at the right hour Princess. How do you do it?” Celestia slyly smiled as Donut Joe talked to her.

Luna leans in to the griffon. “We guess those are doughnuts.” She hints to the display and he nods in agreement.

“That would be telling Donut Joe and for this little griffon here.” She put her wing over the griffon and gentle pulling him into a hug. “I recently took him in as his guardian or as one would say... His new mother.”

An short silence fell in the room till Donut Joe using his magic brought over many cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows in them and three plate full of doughnuts onto the table.

He smiled as he sits down at the table. “Let's hear all about it Princess!”

PreviousChapters Next