• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,299 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 43 – The Dream Adventure of Gale and Discord Part Two

Author's Note:

If things get confusing remember this is a dream adventure, even things don't add up why and how, dreams have their own chaotic rules.

Love to hear your views as always

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 43 – The Dream Adventure of Gale and Discord Part Two

Gale let out a loud gasp instantly his eyes snap open and sits up with a cloth falling off his forehead onto the top of his beak in his field of vision, Gale pull the cloth off his beak to see a grey screened wall held by thin wooden reddish brown stacks, he taking a few quick breathes with the heart racing, last moment recalled was falling after getting hit hard in the chest by the wolves mallet.

Gale look down quickly to see he had bandages around his midsection to upper chest, touching it with his talon he flinched slightly from the bruising, he was confused by the feeling, this was suppose to be a dream adventure, this line of confused feelings and questions was push to the side of a sound to his left, slowly turning his eyes with his head to see Tigress and Crane standing before him with a bowl of water on the ground between them.

Crane speaks up with wings waving out in front with one talon up, balancing on the other. “Don't freak out and think we going to do something to you, we brought you back to the Jade Palace and tended to your wounds, if we are bad why would we do these things?”

Gale eyes shift to the left to the right, lost in thought over the words Tigress place her paw hand on Crane's right wing shoulder. “Quick thinking Crane, this will help get answers to our questions a lot easier.”

“He just a child, we can't push too hard Tigress, we need to be gentle.”

“Agreed.” Tigress calmly replied turning her attention to Gale. “Child, I wish to clarify that you call your kind griffons correct?”

Gale turn his attention to Tigress. “Y-yes...”

Crane noticed the teeth in his beak. “Teeth in beak? Am I seeing things?”

“No your not Crane, it most likely to do with the half cat, bird heritage.” Tigress statically responded.

Crane rubbed the wing under his beak. “Can't argue with that, but still weird to see.” Crane flinch seeing Gale staring. “No offence kid.”

Gale tilt his head. “Why do you not have forelegs and just wings?” Gale open his wings up and close them against his sides.

Crane looked at his wings and back to Gale. “This is normal for a crane and my name is Crane too and thi-” Gale burst into laughter but cover his beak trying to stiffly it. “What so funny?”

“Your name is Crane and you are a crane!” Gale burst into laughter before grunting in pain stopping him from continue to laugh.

Tigress almost laughed but quickly kept a straight face. “Now I come to think of it, Monkey and the others have names based on our races.”

“Your name is Tigress ho-” Crane saw it. “Ooooooh... Wow our parents really won't creative with our names were they?”

“No they were not.” Tigress coughed into her paw. “We getting off topic here, we need answers on why we never heard of a griffon till the attack on the village and what that freak of nature was with you.”

Gale crossed his forelegs. “You going to speak about Discord like that I won't answer anything!” He turn his head with a snort.

“Discord? That fr-” Gale instantly glares and turn away again. “Fine... Your strange looking friend, what is he?”

Gale ignores her.

“Why-”

Crane instantly turn around blocking Tigress. “Let me handle it.”

“Fine!” She crossed her arms turning around facing the screen doors.

Crane sighs and remove his hat placing it down beside him, he lower his head down to Gale. “Discord, could you tell me what kind of animal he is? I did save you from falling and saw that strange bluish white energy coming off your talon.”

Gale look to his right talon clenching it and opening it a few times. “Discord is a draconequs, he made up of ten different animal parts, pony, lion, griffon, goat, reptile, dragon-”

“Did you just say dragon?” Tigress turn her head interrupting Gale.

Gale didn't answer.

“If this get you talking...” She rubs her forehead and sighs. “I am sorry for calling Discord a freak of nature...” Tigress apologised, Crane's beak dropped staring at him.

Gale saw the shock look. “Why does he look scared?”

“Scared!? I am shocked!” He recoiled. “I mean erm... Well...”

Tigress rolled her eyes stepping by him to knee down to Gale. “He just surprised to see that I apologised to you.”

“Oh.”

Crane laughed nervously putting his hat back on. “Well... How about we... Erm... Ger back to Discord with the dragon part?”

“Just some parts of him.”

“And the puffing?”

“Oh that his chaos magic, he teleported somewhere, hope he okay.” Gale eyes drifted away looking concerned for Discord.

Tigress pull Crane away. “We need to talk for a second.” She closed the door screens.

Gale rubbed his midsection. “Okay...” Gale look to the screen wall, getting up he press the talon on it, the claws digged into it. “It almost like paper...” He look to the ink well and brush. “Oooo idea!”

“That would explain the weird outfit that wolf was wearing.” Crane whispered to Tigress.

She nods with her arms crossed. “My thoughts exactly.” She glance over to Crane's dorm. “The griffon cub was very open with us, why?”

Crane shrugs. “Maybe because you apologised and we tended to his wounds?”

“Could be...” She got a strange look from Crane. “What?”

“Sorry, thought you was going to say something about me not telling the others this.” Crane gave a cheeky smile.

Tigress put her paw hands on her sides. “Because Crane I don't need to.”

“Of-” Crane came up with a idea. “What if we get him something to eat? He might be more willing to talk to us.”

“Not everyone like Po Crane, you-”

Gale speaks up. “My stomach making gruggling sounds and I do feel a bit sick to it, can I have something to eat?”

Tigress quickly turn to the door. “Did you just only pay attention to what Crane said about having something to eat?”

“Yep, that when my stomach gruggling and I responded!”

“Anything else?”

“Anything else what?” Gale said from the other side. “Oh I found some paints and a brush in here!”

Crane gasped. “What!?” He quickly open to door to find Gale had painted on the right screen wall of Dream Cavern, Crane first wanted to have a go at Gale but seeing the black lined drawing melted it away. “That is really impressive Griffon-”

“Gale, you like it?” Gale still holding the brush just away from his art work.

Crane walked back in looking at it with more detail. “Like it? It amazing! How did you do it so fast?”

“Fast? I just did it.” Gale wasn't sure of what Crane was saying about the speed he did it at.

Tigress eyes showed surprise, her mouth slightly open. “Let's not focus on how quickly he did it, but on what is this place, I never seen anything like it.”

Gale put the brush down. “This is Dream Cavern! It where I came from to come on a adventure to this land! I and Discord came from here, my Dream Guardian, Blue guards the place.” Gale point to Blue. “That him, he a jackal diamond dog.”

“Jackal... Diamond... Dog...” Tigress slowly said looking closely at it.

Gale nods. “Yep!”

Tigress moved away from it. “Why did you show us where you came from?”

“Why not?”

“You were attacked by the wolves and got hit by one for stealing that puzzle sphere of yours.” Tigress turn to him

Gale pick up a piece of paper giving it to Crane. “That what it look like, it has 195 combinations to unlock it, the sphere is how we get back home to Dream Cavern, we only came to have a dream adventure!”

Crane look at the drawing and so did Tigress. “You were only here to have a adventure in a new land?” They didn't take notice on the word 'dream' part.

“Yep!”

“Why did you two look like a lion cub and a long underweight goat?” Tigress asked.

Gale shrugged. “Not sure, guess the sphere crated a field of magic that made us fit in without anyone noticing how different we are, I just made it before we came here, so... I have no idea what else it could do other than getting us home.” Gale theorise and not completely sure if it had other functions on it.

“We need to inform Master Shifu about this.” Tigress said with concern.

“What about eating something?”

Tigress turn to Gale. “It can wait, this is fair too important.”

“I told you stuff!” Gale growls. “Even did a drawing of my puzzle sphere and where we need to get back to!”

“I am really grateful for that.”

“You helped me, I helped you and I am a hunger cub! It only fair I have something to eat now, isn't it?” Gale crossed his forelegs giving them a sticky look, his tail whipping around behind him showing the annoyance he had.

Crane raised his wing. “We can stop by the kitchen on the way Tigress.”

Tigress rolled her eyes taking the drawing from Crane and rolling it up. “Fine, we get you something to eat and than we go to Master Shifu, okay?”

“Thank you!” Gale hugged her tightly.

Tigress tried to get him off her with no joy. “Crane, a little help!”

“I think you got this.” He turn to walk away to only get a hug too, he squawked in surprise.

Tigress chuckled dusting herself off. “Look like you asked for it Crane, come on let's take him to the kitchen, the sooner the better.” She quickly pick up Gale's top and bag walking down the corridor between the dorms.

“O-kay...” He waddled after her with Gale not letting go.

“Your feathers so soft and fluffy, like my pillow back at home.”

“Gale, can you let go?”

“I'm bruised and this helping ease the pain.” He purred.

Crane sighed. “Alright you can keep hugging me, only till we get to the kitchen okay? And not too tight.”

“Deal!”

“Played by a cub.” Tigress chuckled.

“Not a word to the others!” Crane glared.

“Double to you about my apology.”

“Deal.”

“Deal.”


Shifu in the Jade Palace library looked through scroll after scroll, Monkey, Viper and Mantis helping him to search on anything about griffons. “Nothing... I found nothing about griffons...” Shifu groans. “Any luck?”

“No...” Monkey popped his head out from a pile of scrolls.

Po peered inside “Master Shifu, got anything on that awesome griffon?”

“No Po I haven't, in fact there nothing in here about the griffon.” Shifu picked up the staff. “It only two possibilities, one they well hidden or some how a bird and cat got together and had a strange hybrid child which is the griffon.”

Discord peering inside look at the sealed scroll Oogway gave him. “Hmm...” Discord using his tail to toss it over to one of the higher level piles.

Mantis at the same time hit the shelf, he pulling out a scroll. “That second one sound odd, weird and strange, two different species getting together?”

Shifu turn to Mantis. “It is possible Mantis, just rare, not sure about any relationship having a child that half of each.”

Viper slither over to them. “Master, I think the first is more plausible.”

Shifu rubbed one of his long moustache. “I have to agree.”

Po tried to move through the sea of scrolls but lose his balance to hit the shelf, sealed scrolls hit his head one at a time. “Ow ow ow ow!” Rubbing his head another come down and land right into his other paw. “Master Shifu, this one has Oogway's seal on it!”

Shifu quickly takes it from Po and looked at the sealed scroll. “I never seen this before, I been in here many times...”

“Maybe it was way high up and just out of view?” Po suggested with a shrug.

Shifu looked right up at the shelf. “It seem so.” He pulled the seal off and open the scroll up.

Po and the other gathered. “What does it say?”

“Give me a second.” Shifu raise his paw hand up to Po. “It definitely in his hand writing.” Shifu stands to read it out loud to them.

“For many years I have some of the most curious visions, many I couldn't quite understand as they are were not so clear that I decided to just pass them on as just a curious sense of imagination, one however caught my attention of two creatures that I have never seen through the many years I lived.

One of two halves, feline and avian with a heart so pure yet so confused to the life he has, the name griffon come to mind, not sure what it is or why it came to me. The other is of chaos, slight of hand and tricky, made of many races that shouldn't even be possible yet he is, these unusually duo will come at a time of dire trouble that will fall upon China.”

Po point to the drawing Oogway did. “Look it the griffon and that odd creature.”

“I can see Po...” Shifu rolled his eyes. “Let see...”

“After my time has past my old friend their adventure will share the same path as the Dragon Warrior's...”

“Ooooo he saw the future!” Po clapping his paw hands. “I didn't know Oogway could do that!”

“Nor did I...” Shifu stared in shock. “The puzzle can not be open by the one that dorn this symbol.”

Po stared at it, he spaced out and shook his head a moment afterwards. “That the same on on the armour of the wolf pack leader had!”

“What?” Shifu turn to Po. “Your sure?”

“Yeah! I saw it and saw something that I suddenly remembered from a long time ago and wham I got hit by the wolf.” Po explained. “Wow why did I just explain that?”

Shifu turn to the scroll. “Because Oogway said you would, he even says that a great threat is about to come in 5... 4...” Shifu raised his head and quickly turn to the door. “Prepare yourself!” They all stood ready for a fight.

A knock at the door. “Knock?” Monkey turn to Shifu.

“Who is it?” Shifu called out.

“I have a important message for you Master Shifu!” Came the reply. “Can I come in?”

Shifu shifted his stance. “Come in.” The others relax seeing a goose come in with a scroll. “Thank you.” He took it from the goose, he nod and leaves.

Discord leaning against the scroll shelf watching them with amusement, seeing they haven't noticed him standing in plain sight just to the right of them, also the fact he just placed the scroll in the room, Oogway must of knew he would and that annoyed him slightly.

“That really chilling how Master Oogway did that, Master Shifu.” Mantis shivered

“Indeed Mantis...” He shivered slightly. “Let's focus on what this threat is.” He open it up to have a read. “Oogway wasn't kidding... This is a threat...”

“What did it say?” Viper asked.

“First we find Crane and Tigress, than I will explain.”

“Yes Master Shifu.” They bowed to him.

Discord whistled catching their attention all turning to him. “Hello Shifu, Oogway say's hi.” He grinned.

“Trickster, you think I believe you?” Shifu stood ready to fight.

Discord rolled his eyes. “Big old tortoise, get under your skin when he talk with possible, impossible, what the differences stuff? Oh and he gave me this stupid flower from the Spirit Realm.” Discord toss the flower over to Shifu. “If that not proof enough, then your dumber than you look.”

“You do not speak to Master Shifu like that freak!” Monkey stood ready to fight.

Shifu caught the flower and gave a good look at it. “Stand down, he telling the truth.”

“What!?” They stared at him stunned.

“You heard me, stand down.” They did so.

“Just like that huh?” Discord raise a eye brow.

Shifu put the flower stem through his belt. “Just like that.”

Discord mutters. “Stupid dream logic.”

Shifu gave him a curious look. “Did you say something?”

“I said I take the dumber part back.” Discord lied as he push off the shelf walking over to them. “Now take me to Gale or I will show you what the lord of chaos can do when he annoyed.” Discord raise his lion paw up pressing finger and thumb together.

“No need to threaten us, the griffon you called Gale is being taken care of by Tigress and Crane, come.” Shifu turn walking away with support from the staff, Discord lower his paw.

Discord snorts. “Your just as bad as Oogway.”

“Good.” Shifu continue to walk away.

Po walking around Discord. “Wow you are made up of so many different animal parts!”

“And your a fat panda, Po Po.” He poke the belly getting it to ripple. “Also my name is Discord Lord of Chaos.” He walk off out the room.

“Cool! Discord sound so chaotic!” Po said with excitement seeing that Shifu showed that he wasn't a threat to the Jade Palace in very simple calm unemotional words. “Was you about to snap your fingers and do something chaotic? What can you do? Does create this? Turn others into other things?” Po followed bombarding Discord with questions.

Discord groans. “If I wasn't limited with what magic I had left I would have zip his mouth right up.” Discord muttered under his breath.

Mantis turn to Viper. “Why did Shifu let him go like that?”

“I don't know, but we better follow.” Viper replied, they all followed.

Monkey said as he closed the doors. “He give me the creeps.”

PreviousChapters Next