• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,302 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,302

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 86.5 – The Not Family Meeting

Author's Note:

I will let this chapter speak for itself, enjoy!

Love to read your comments as always!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 86.5 – The Not Family Meeting

Princess Celestia and Nightingale stood before Gallus and Greystorm outside Geremy's room, morning had came, and it was time for these two griffons to meet him face to face. “Before you two go inside, there a few things I must bring up first. For you two and him, this is a situation that no one can be prepared for.” Celestia said calmly to the two griffons.

“Very well Princess.” Greystorm said.

“Sure I'm listening.” Gallus shrugged.

Celestia glanced over to the door before looking back at the two griffons. “As you two are aware, he had been made aware by the circumstances of his counterpart, how you two are the son and the brother. As he discovered that he had a brother, and the son he never had, this is both shocking, sad and feelings of anger felt between you two and he.”

“You can leave at any time, he can't.” Nightingale spoke with a caution look. “Being furious and saying wild stuff at him will be very one sided, please don't do that, I know this is very uncomfortable and facing this now is better than later.”

Celestia open a wing up placing the wing tips over her chest. “Please as a request from me personally, don't force yourself into something you do not want to do.” Celestia closed the wing back up. “Do this only if you really have to.”

“Fine...” Gallus reluctantly agreed.

Greystorm nodded. “Understood.”

“Good, Nightingale and Gabby will be coming back with you to Griffonstone when you feel the need to return home.” Celestia said to Gallus. “As for me, Gilda and Gale, we are returning to Canterlot for a chill day before tomorrow.” Celestia turn to walk away. “I just got back my daugher, but she close to 800 years, I understand why Nightingale seek to know more about Grover, even I didn't know what he was doing...”

“Mum...”

Celestia glance back as she walked. “Your father was a very proud and stubborn griffon, I should of seen it, but he was good at the slight of claw to throw you off the scent. I will always love that griffon, and always love you Nightingale, keep in touch and tell me what you find okay?”

“Of course mum, keep that opal I gave you and I definitely can.” Nightingale replied. “See you on the weekend mum!”

“I look forward to it.” Celestia turn around the corner disappearing from view.

Nightingale turn to the two griffons. “I will be outside waiting.” She walked up to the door opening it up, and she step to the side letting them walk by into the room.

Geremy sitting up watched Gallus and Greystorm enter, they stood before his bed. “Hello to the both of you... We all lost something dear to us, and in a situation facing that loss in a very odd confusing way... That really conflicting with our emotions right this moment.”

Gallus frowned. “Straight to the point, huh?”

“There is no reason beating around a bush Gallus, we are in this situation cause of a chain of events that none of us foreseen, one being that magical feather that part of you.” Geremy tried to find that feather.

Gallus ruffled his wings with some irritation. “You think? I hate it! But I know trying to change something that happened is WAY worse than this!”

Geremy lower his eyes, raising his good talon flexing it to open and close. “Messing with time in a manner for personal gain or fixing something is very harmful... I know that all too well...”

Greystorm walked around the bed to take a seat, he pat the other one for Gallus to sit at, as the teen came over Greystorm spoke to Geremy. “So many of us would have that thought, a chance to go back in time and to change that very moment. The only problem is... How much would it effect from that moment to now? How many would be effected by the changes in to the timeline, how many would lose someone because of your actions? The very notion of the paradox is sickening to even think about...”

Gallus felt a twist and turn in his stomach. “Soooo... If I saved myself, mum and dad, it could effect so much more outside that? A single act in the past can do that?”

“Yes...” Greystorm sighed. “One of those notions could go back to 4000 years ago where Gale orginally from, the magical surge that brought him forward into our present is our history, that moment is a paradox in itself without anyone even knowing about it.”

Gallus shivered. “If that was stopped-”

“4000 years of history could change in a single whimper, Princess Nightingale could never existed, Princess Celestia never married King Grover. My home even it no longer exist in past, present or future now, could of never even existed at all, this chat we having could of never happened, Nightmare Moon could of won... The paradoxes of change could be that severe...” Geremy explained to them. “When I lost my family, I focused on the most unlikely, focused on trying to save lives, it almost worked and I think Zerra knew...”

Gallus stared at the ground. “I was so anger with you, now...” He slowly raised his eyes upon Geremy. “I know I was wrong... Sorry...”

“Things happen that we can not control, just like that magic you gained unintentionally, because of that act I saw the rift fourteen year ago just after my wife vanished a few weeks before. I saw that same rift that lead to Starlight teleporting us through it, it how I ended up in Griffonstone, your Griffonstone...”

“I and Nightingale lead to you being here!?”

“Yes.”

Gallus beak dropped, he stared in shock. “Well, how about that? A feather given by the avian of the underground lake tree that lead to this very moment...” Greystorm said. “It suppressed now isn't it?”

Gallus snapped out of his shock. “Y-yes... Avatar came to us because of my feather part of her, she gave me something to suppress it till I am sixteen... It the best she could do for me... I am stuck with it.” Gallus glance to his wing, fluttering it a little. “I don't want it, I never wanted something like this...”

“I never wanted to loss my home to a mad zebra... But here we are...” Geremy said with a heavy sigh. “Sometimes life isn't exactly fair Gallus... All we can do is make the most of it, family to me is one of the most important things now, even we are not family, we are in some sense.”

“I-I guess...” Gallus rubbed a talon over the other talon. “I hate this... Bu-but I think we can work something out...”

Greystorm put a wing over Gallus, the blue teenage griffon lean against him for comfort. “I do too... But I am willing to try too...”

Geremy smiled a little. “To new beginnings for the Not Family and our future.” He raise his good talon out to them.

Greystorm put his talon over the top of Geremy's. “To our Not Family.” Greystorm smiled too.

Gallus shrugged placing his talon on top of theirs. “Sure, to this weird Not Family... That will take some getting use too... That just sound so weird saying it...”

“That did sound awful didn't it?” Greystorm agreed as they moved the talons away. “Let's just never do that again shall we?”

“Agreed.” Geremy and Gallus said together.

Nightingale listening in smiled as she peered through the door window. “Had a feeling getting them together would work, it will take time, but I am sure they will find a way to make it work.”

Gabby walked up to her. “Make what work?”

“A Not Family.” Nightingale smiled.

Gabby titled her head. “Not Family?”

“Not Family.”

“I don't get it...” Gabby confusingly said scratching her feathered head with a claw.


Within the ruins of Inverse Reality Griffonstone Grogar slowly walked towards the centre of the city with Zerra, a magical aura around them that gave a sense of gravity, they both stopped before the Grover statue with the glowing crystal held up in it talon. “There it is, the prototype artefact.” Grogar said in a pleased tone looking up at it.

Zerra frowned seeing it. “Master... I thought the eraser of 4000 lives and the time lines rewritten was suppose to stop this from being created, and the total collapse of this reality...”

Grogar smiled darkly as he stepped up to it placing a cloven hoof against the magical artefact. “Zerra, it is true and also a lie, the lie being in the creation of this artefact, I wanted it to be made and had to make you believe it wouldn't for it to happen.”

The zebra still kept his frown. “Master I-”

“If I told you what I really wanted, it would of never came to be. I needed this artefact! I didn't stray you from the objective! I mealy swayed you to believe the results would be different to what we got! So don't dare question my objectivity Zerra!” Grogar turn around to him with horns going.

Zerra shift his forelegs forwards bowing his head to the ground. “Forgive me master! I shouldn't question your reasoning! You never stray me before without reason! I am sorry!”

“As you should be.” The horns stop glowing. “Now... Set up the artefacts I gave you through out the ruins, once your done return to me through this rift, I will be waiting at Flaptua's primary gravity core chamber.” Grogar create a rift with his magic.

Zerra rose up looking at the rift. “Of course sire... May I ask a question?”

“You may...”

“What exactly are they for sire?”

Grogar turn to him with a smirk. “It quite simple, I am going to capture a object that can transverse time and space.” He walked through the rift.

“Exactly what kind of object could it be? Some sort of magical artefact that allow one to do so?” Zerra asked himself staring at the statue.

PreviousChapters Next