• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 106: The Creatures of Earth

Author's Note:

Princess Celestia is introduced by new news that there are more creatures from Earth that survived, look like Gale and Silvite were not the only ones.

Also a heads up, Chapter 107 will be the beginning of another dream adventure and the adventure was decided via a question I put up on my twitter.

Always welcome comments!

Stay Healthy and Safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 106: The Creatures of Earth

Alpha stood by a window inside a small house in Ponyville, he watched ponies closing up shop and going home as the final rays of the sun disappear behind the hills, the moon slowly raising up soon afterwards. The wolf turn away from the window looking at the plain cream colour wall paper room, with a fireplace lit up, three sofas and bear shelves.

Alpha pick up two folded up sheets unfolding them, he walk over to one sofa with a sleeping purple dragon with gold horns, wings and drill tail on his belly stretched out with a forepaw hang over the other under his chin. “Rest well Lord Spyro.” Alpha put the first sheets over him, Spyro stirring a little.

The wolf walk over to the other one placing the second sheet over the teenage yellow, cream and black griffon. “Sleep well Lord Gale... you two had a fun time running.” He look over to the crack of the door open into the dining room, his ears flick a little hearing a mix of voices talking. “Sound's tense in there... at least Lord Gale and Spyro already were asleep when that news was dropped on us...”

As Celestia finish lowering the sun she watched Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Gilda, Leela and Anubis talking over each other about what they discovered from Fluttershy, Keeper and Angel. Celestia was mentally glad that Applejack had took Spike back to the Golden Oak Library for Twilight for the little purple dragon to sleep, Skip and Pinkie Pie were somewhere in Ponyville talking a thousand words a second to the solar griffon's best guest.

Celestia walk back to the long table, she could see Rocky sleeping soundly on top of a cupboard shelf with every pillow of her Ponyville home under, around and over him. Celestia calmly sat down on her chair, picking up her cup of tea sipping a bit of it with her beak watching and listening to each of the five still talking, one trying to get a word over the other.

The white griffon finally raise her gold gauntlet talon up placing the cup down, they soon go silent from the very motion, Fluttershy, Keeper and Angel turn to her too. “We all know that this is sudden and surprising that there are creatures that had, have and yet to arrive from Earth with transfiguration magical abilities. And also the fact Keeper who should be a enhance form of Golem that is well beyond our abilities to create isn't one any more, you five been arguing over this for close to a hour and none of you made any head ways...”

They all about to speak to her when her raised talon close up to show her index claw still up, before a word left their muzzles and beak they all closed up. “Fluttershy had to deal with this sudden shocking news first hoof, Angel is under her care still and rightfully will punish him for harming Keeper Sentinel. Yes his not quite the bunny we all thought he was, but you can not blame the fact he was at the time very confused, anger and scared about the discovery of what he really was and did act a bit rash.”

“What about the other creatures out there? If they find out and might act with worse than a punch to the muzzle.” Twilight point out to her Celestia.

“True, that why we will work on finding out who they are first and try to control the release of information to them slowly and not suddenly, that way they can adjust to the news.” Celestia answered as she did some claw gestures with her talons at the same time.

Gilda took her turn to speak. “How the heck do we tell the cub about this? You know what Gale might do discovering about this... also I can't lie to him about it and no matter what Dash says it doesn't sit right with my gut...”

“Seriously G, you did it like a far amount of time, heck I did.”

“That when we were younger Dash, this is more serious. Lying about this to Gale would damage his trust he has for me and to you too.” Gilda points out to Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash sighed. “Point taken... still don't think we should tell him...”

Celestia knew the conundrum they were in over the matter. “I will tell him in the morning over breakfast, this won't fall on any of you. I understand the stress of keeping that trust and bound you created Gilda, I seen it over the course of time.”

Anubis had his arms crossed sitting back on the seat, his bladed tail swishing around a bit. “That only a trivia matter, the problem is the creatures from Earth, Leela I know your ticked off with Keeper since we are now aware he knew of your location for a very long time.” Anubis turn to Leela as she was going through her book now.

“Take into account that at the time I was a loyal subject to Grogar to acquire Prince Gale's pure magic moving back and fourth through time, mending and melding it to lead him to Nowhere trapped in the pocket universe.”

“Which I put them there using a key set of events at the Dragonlands over the the tyrant Dragon Lord Thunderous and Silvite clash. I meddled with time in ways that I should be thrown in a dungeon for the rest of my days and yet here I am not because Prince Gale gave me my life back...”

Rainbow recalled the staff shattering. “Your staff...” She look over to it resting on the wall. “You would of aged and in a week turn to dust...”

“That is correct. Prince Gale saved my life and I am indebted to him in ways that I can never fully repay him for, it also the reason why Grogar brought the cube out of hiding and freed Leela from it.” Anubis said watching Leela still going through page after page of her book.

Twilight fixated on it now, watching countless pages go by. “Leela did you hear any of this and are you looking into anything about the creatures?”

Leela kept focused on the pages going through them fast. “I am and I listened to everything that just been said, I understand what Keeper Sentinel had to do, but he could of told me and not have me find out in the last hour.”

Keeper snarled a bit. “Leela he was in your cube many times before Prototower was built! I wasn't going to take a chance he was there when we kept in contact via the Rune Contact Chamber! So I decided it upon my self on it, acted alone, self-centred and push everyone away with my whips of words! I don't care how you feel about my actions, because I am who I am!”

“And what would that be Keeper!? You don't even know what you are now! Since you've came here you've changed!”

“I know!”

“Why did you come out of your tower now!?”

“Because you showed me that I can come out of my Tower! I can change the way I've been! I had enough of pushing everyone away! Yes I am a damn hyper intelligent fox that did things that no one else would think possible! But I live, maintain and work my tail off on a daily bases on my home! I never stopped even when Grover was there! I would berate him! Call him a dumb griffon in many colourful ways! Even when we came up with the plan to stop the Reality Explosion between two Multiverses I made him feel second fiddle to me!” Keeper snapped back at Leela slamming his hands on the table to pointing at her.

“Keeper restrain yourself!” Celestia squawked with a warning towards his outburst.

“Sorry Princess...” Keeper's ears fold back as he slowly sits back down leaning on it with his head lowered staring at his legs and paw feet.

Celestia now turn to Leela. “As for you Leela.” This sharp tone cause the avian to flinch from it. “This is very new raw news for you too, knowing he knew about your prison location is something that would even anger anyone, but didn't you and Anubis tell me that once he was against you and checked on you time and again for Grogar. Am I correct?”

Leela was backed into a corner upon the words spoken by Celestia, no one would dare to say anything as this was directed between the two Created. “Yes you are correct, I was wrong to attack Keeper in such a manner...”

“Now shake and apologise to each other.” Celestia said.

They stood up on their seats leaning over the table and shook talon and paw hand. “Sorry.” They said together, letting go they sat back down.

Fluttershy smiled warmly. “If you two like to talk it out, I be willing to allow you two to come around my home and do over a lovely cup of tea.”

Both of their eyes lit up up hearing this. “Deal!” They said instantly and Leela adds on top. “How does Fridays sound?”

“I look forward to it.” Fluttershy giggled.

Gilda looked at them with a odd raised brow expression. “Is it me or do you dweebs love tea a bit too much?”

Anubis chuckled lightly. “You can blame your little brother for that one Gilda, it a mental imprint that part of all the Created of their Creator. You will find even Arbiter likes tea...” He raise a hand with one finger up, the next raised. “Apple juice, lemon ice and pancakes.”

Celestia now recalls the different creates of tea exported from different parts of Equestria to outside from different parts of Equis too. “So that who the tea imports belong too.” She whispered with a smile and knew those was her son's favourites too.

Angel breathed some relief. “What about these creatures from Earth, anyway of finding them out Leela?”

“Other than you, not so easy. You kept a very tight lid on your transfiguration magical abilities, I gather they all did as well in one way or the other. I will have to go through 4000 years plus of information stored in my book, I am going to have to create a new spell to find these key words and the word 'Earth' alone is referenced 16 trillion, 901 billion, 102 million. 1-”

Rainbow Dash interrupted her. “I get it Earth is written, drawn and whatever too many times and narrowing it down is going to be tricky! Just get to that point please! This is egghead level stuff!” Rainbow Dash said with annoyance.

Leela nod in response to Rainbow Dash's request. “Including transfiguration your looking at too many references, I will do what I can and do my best.”

Twilight thought of a idea to narrow it down. “What about human or homosapien?”

“Tried that already, there are 91,291 references crossing 4000 years.”

“That a lot... it only recently I heard and know about humans, how come I never heard or read up about these?” Twilight asked.

“Because all of it is from the Finch Griffons, ruins and a fairy tale entire in a bunch of Equestria dictionaries part from new entries recently.” Leela stated. “Add in transfiguration it narrows down to 1,209 than add Earth you narrow it down to Princess Celestia's personal entries in her diary which I will not disclose. I might find something from the Finch Griffons continuous historical studies into the human race too.” Leela close up her book. “For the ruins over the last 3,850 years of history it mostly found in Griffon civilisations that come and gone, none referenced anything to do with transfiguration but mention Earth with crud drawings of it.”

Gilda sat back. “What you are saying Leela, this is going to take a very long time to figure out anything like Angel here is from Earth?”

“Indeed, it will take time and patients, Equis has a lot of history that most likely none of you knew about, much of Equestria's own history was lost during the Chaos Wars with Discord.”

Twilight swallowed hard. “I-I rea-really would like to see that, but your book as you said...”

“True, but as the Royal Book keeper for Princess Celestia, I can find a way to bring back some of that lost history, there are spells that can do it. But it will take a far bit of time and my magic and the books to create the rune spells to patternise it into a solid form for which you can read.”

Celestia enters the conversation. “That will be done after other matters are addressed first, as Royal Book keeper your first task will be finding other creatures past and present here on Equis. Take your time and do it in the working hours we agreed upon, not when you are off the books as they were, you need to enjoy yourself a bit too and have a life.” Celestia said directly to Leela.

Leela pat her book. “I hear you loud and clear Princess.”

A knock on the door and they turn to see Alpha standing there. “Lady Celestia, I may have a good suggestion to finding out clues to your questions you seek, the griffon Greystorm he has a uncanny ability to discovering things within artefacts.”

Celestia thought about what Alpha just said. “That is true, he the reason we found out about Gale's Pure Magic, Griffax Boreas and his message from the past to me. The discovery of the Finch Griffons on the hunt for the artefact Voyager Two archives with help from a group of ponies.”

“Correct, this is what lead to you getting your daughter back too, also how they helped your sister Lady Luna get to the Kitsune's homeland Nowhere to lower your sun and raise the moon.” Alpha calmly answered.

Celestia hummed a little. “It seem that Greystorm and the Finch Griffons have done things to help us in ways that couldn't have been done alone or even discovered... also the Created have a part in this too.” She turn to Anubis, Leela and Keeper. “Each of you helped us to discover something we did not know, even that strange avian called Avatar helped us in ways we couldn't even imagine.”

Alpha chuckled a little. “Indeed and I take imagine quiet literal when it comes to me, Avatar would of never done what she did if it wasn't for the shifting of the sands of time.” Alpha look to the window seeing a star slowly moving across in the night sky. “The best option to finding anything human would be the Finch Griffons, they have very close times to their history and maybe able to find out if any humans have or are on Equis.”

Keeper knew they had a Satellite system. “Alpha you are a genies! How the heck did we not bloody see it!”

Alpha smirked. “Sometimes high level intelligences easily over look things fox.”

“Ouch and yes your right.” Keeper accepted the blunt truth from Alpha.

Leela looked at her own book. “Wait... I have information on their current 150-200 years, what the heck going on!?” She quickly open it up taking a good look through the pages.

Celestia could see the surprise in the little avian big eyes as she continue to look through the pages at a rapid rate. “Your correct, you did say you've had little to no information on Finch Griffons when we came to your cube because of the recall spell you implanted in my son.” Celestia was equally surprised. “What changed?”

Keeper chuckled. “It like the satellite system we recently know about that high above the planet they have, they used technology, science and magic to keep themselves hidden. It like my tower, you can't find it without being a expert in transdimensional travel which Mark Wells Twilight Sparkle is from years of experience to my Prototower which Grover found through his decades of research in hope to finding Nightingale.” Keeper crossed his arms calmly said with eyes closed feeling very impressed by the level of smarts these Finch Griffons really had.

“So they simply turned off whatever kept them hidden?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Dash you just answered your own question you dweeb.” Gilda slap her forehead with a talon.

“Oh yeah I did...” Rainbow Dash laughed rubbing the back of her head with a hoof.

Twilight simply rolled her eyes with a shake of the head. “Now that they have lowered this barrier, what does this do for us now?”

“Nothing.” Anubis spoke and they turn to him. “Simply put it they allow access to their written works, blueprints, photos and such to Leela, this is a test of trust and one you shouldn't take lightly, it will be best to do nothing and wait till the meeting with Princess Celestia and Prime Minster Zipline on Monday.”

Celestia had to agree with the Death Dragon. “He has a very valid point, Maple also be returning from Mark Wells universe on that day too with her husband Gruff Clawhowler. It would be best to leave that matter to the side for now Leela; and do not present anything you seen in it to me till my meeting with Prime Minster Zipline is concluded.”

Leela close her book back up. “Understood Princess Celestia, I will make sure to keep this information sealed till you deem necessary to look into it.”

Twilight sighed. “That a shame, getting to know what they are and who they are would be a interesting read, but you are all right on the matter at hoof, I seen the level of technology melded with magic they have, it way beyond my understanding.” Twilight agreed. “For now I will do some research into the books we have here in Ponyville, see if anything comes up from it even I highly doubt it would.”

“As will I with the Canterlot libraries.” Leela pat her book.

“I do hope we find others like Angel Bunny, it would make him feel less alone that way and even make friends with them.” Fluttershy was optimistic at the idea of it.

Angel could picture meeting others like himself, but also maybe end up in some brawl or do something stupid from rage like he did with Keeper. “I would like that, but we would have to tread carefully and do it better than I did with Keeper...”

Gilda put her talons behind her head. “You can also pass a message on with Spyro too, isn't that queen of his suppose to be checking up on him on Monday and Maple coming back from doing that techno stuff with something about conversion of magic balance whatever it was.” Gilda said.

Alpha's eye turn to Keeper, he was typing away on his device with his thumbs. “What are you doing Keeper Sentinel?”

“I am informing Grimmy that I am staying a bit longer than expected, also to have sentinels to scan for the genetic markers similar to Prince Gale, Angel and Silvite. They can do it without being seen, I know it will be looking for a needle in a planet size hay-stake, but it one of the things I can do.” He finished message and sends it. “Done.”

Anubis gets up walking over to his staff picking it up. “I will see if anything unusual came to the Dragonlands, I tend to criss cross through my time line anyway and I and my other selves through out time know to keep away from each other at different points in time.”

Twilight dared to ask. “How many of you in different points in time are there?”

Anubis ignores the question turning to Fluttershy bowing his head. “I bit you a good day Fluttershy and see you again next Wednesday for tea?”

Fluttershy giggled. “Of course Anubis, I look forward to it.” She got up and give him a hug, he returns it before presenting to her a gem stone. “Oh my is this the Ambernite you were talking about?” She release the hug and took the orange looking gem stone with her hooves.

“Indeed it was, I hope it help you with your little animal problem.” Anubis step back. “I bit you all a good day too.” with a tap his staff on the ground for the clouding magic to move around him and vanish within it.

Twilight snorted. “That dragon ignored my question!”

Gilda chuckled. “Purple, that dragon doesn't answer questions about stuff like that.”

“Bu-but-”

“It best to leave it be Twilight Sparkle, Anubis pretty much gave his answer.” Celestia said calmly to her former student.

Twilight sighed. “Alright Princess I'll drop it for now, I am going to go home to let Applejack get home and put Spike to bed.” Twilight got up from the table.

Rainbow yawned. “Well I got to get some shut eye, the weather team got a lot of work for the next few weeks clearing up the leaves before winter comes.”

“Well don't be a stranger Dash.”

“Same to you G.” They hoof and claw fist bump each other

Twilight stood by Rainbow. “Good night everyone.” They return their goodnights to them and Rainbow Dash leaves with Twilight Sparkle.

Fluttershy gets up with Angel. “Angel and I will be going home now, I hope we find more like Angel and hope we find out anything about these creatures from Earth.”

Angel turn to Keeper as he got up from his seat, they stood face to face with Keeper being a little taller than him. The fox out his hand out to Angel. “See you around Angel, and I'd make sure for ya to visit the tower some day.”

Angel put his hand over Keeper's they shook. “I look forward to it, I most likely will be stuck in doors for a few weeks after my stunt.”

“You'll survive Demon Bunny.” Keeper grinned.

“Whatever ya say KS.” Angel grinned back and they let go.

They said their goodnights and leave as well leaving only Gilda, Celestia, Leela, Alpha and Keeper who were still up. “It seem that we all should get some rest, there a bath room upstairs and enough rooms for all of you.” Celestia said warmly to them.

Alpha turn to walk back into the living room. “I will be in the living room with Lord Gale and Spyro.” He gave a wave walking inside the room.

Celestia got up. “Shall I see you to your rooms?”

Leela nod. “I would like that.” She picked up her book. “Thank you Princess Celestia.”

Keeper stretched his arms with a big yawn. “Sound like a plan... after what I been through I can do with some sleep...”

Gilda walked by them heading up the stairs. “I'll find my own room dweebs, and I call dibs on first bath! Night!”

Celestia shook her head and gestured to the stairs. “Care for I to show you to your rooms for tonight?” They nod and followed her up the stairs.

Alpha watched them all walk up the stairs, he look out the window seeing the night guards doing their rounds. Alpha checked on the brothers seeing they were okay, he sat down on the arm chair pushing back for the leg rest raising up and the seat pushed back, with a leg crossed over the other he pick up a book on the table side to read the Daring Do book.

PreviousChapters Next