• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,299 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 58.5 – Pieces Part Two

Author's Note:

Went through a few crazy ideas for this and finally came up with something that sticks, this is a interesting one to make for sure. I enjoyed making this chapter and had fun with it, the way this will connect come in time, no rush!

Update: 26/10/2020
Sunflower: Coloured
Maple: Coloured

Only one suggestion was made for the flight lesson, with that there is no need for votes and Spitfire's lessons will be Stall, free fall and recovery.

Love to hear from you all via comments!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 58.5 – Pieces Part Two

Greystorm slowly open his eyes groaning in pain as soon the world of the awoken came to be, he raise the talon over the head feeling bandages over it with the touch of pain recalling the hard impact he received, the blackish grey griffon eyes came into focus seeing he were in some sort of grey box room on top a bed, a sink with a mirror on the wall in front of it, a table with an chair by the bed and a toilet on the other side of it.

He sat up noticing that the vest and shirt were gone, he felt a bit naked without them on since he always wore them since being mayor of Trottingham, Greystorm noticed in this strange simple box room the entrance was wide open. “Octicovix...” He pulled the sheets off rolling out of bed onto all fours, he quickly moved for the open entrance to come to a dead stop.

“This feels a bit too easy...” Greystorm look ahead to see a empty desk in front of him carved out of wood, the flooring was wooden too as well the walls and ceiling, he noticed it felt almost organic as if someone took care to carve out the room, he noticed a large door with a smaller one attached to it, reaching a talon out with caution.

The same female voice in the forest speaks out. “Don't worry dude, the cell containment field is down, Nanner Maple told me you and the others are cool enough without holding you against your will.” He walk out of the 'cell' turning to his left to meet the attacker on his wife and team.

Before him was a snowy white grey griffon, a rather big griffon lying down on the biggest pillows he ever seen too, the eyes had yellow instead of the whites around the pupils, the pupils having a black to sharp purple colour, this griffon had blackish grey spots from the mid chest level to the tip of the paw and tail, she had her forepaws on a glowing tablet pressing the thumbs on it. “Where is Octicovix?”

Without paying attention to him more focused on the glowing side of the tablet responds. “The one to your left next door, she comfortable resting and the effects of the stun will be wearing off very shortly.”

Greystorm walk up to the next door cell to see Octicovix as the griffon said, he walk inside putting a talon on her side. “Hey Octicovix, wake up.”

Octicovix slowly open her eyes groaning. “Urg... What hit me?” She slowly regaining her senses. “Grey?”

“It me, we in some sort of containment area in a unknown location, we were brought here after being knocked out.” Greystorm stated helping her to sit up. “I got a butt end of something after chatting with the mysterious attacker which is a over nine hooves paws griffon.”

Octicovix rubbing her head with a hoof. “Nine hooves paws tall griffon? Did this griffon knock your head so hard?”

“Wish it was so.” He leads her out of the cell hinting to the left.

“Holy of all!” Octicovix startled by the size of the griffon lying back against pillows non-reacting to her reaction. “Your a very big finch griffon...”

The griffon didn't look at them as she look at the glowing part of the tablet still. “Oooooh I am a oversized finch griffon, heard it all before and don't give two bits of a damn about it, dude.”

Octicovix walk up to her looking up. “It seem you don't, I am Octicovix and you are?”

“Sunflower.”

“One of your parents specialized in flowery?” Octicovix asked.

Sunflower slowly lower the tablet now her eyes shift directly upon the changeling. “Yes, how the blazes you know that?”

Octicovix wings buzzed and she hovers eye level with the griffon. “If we were all brought here, that mean our stuff was too, inside my bag is comic book that follows a griffon, in fact this griffon.” She transforms into Pistol the finch griffon.

Sunflower eyes widen. “Change back now!”

“Why? It a fic-”

“Pi-Pistol!?” They all turn to the large door

Their eyes fell upon a pony size griffon, brown body with a cream underside, blackish grey spots and markings around the forelegs, whitish grey face with brown ears and black markings on the ears, face and neck, the red eyes over the red beak looking directly at his own blue eyes. “No I am changeling.” (He) said and transforms back. “See!”

“Y-you had his voice, how!?” The finch griffon demanded to know.

Octicovix shrugs. “I just used the comic books to estimate it, the voice just came when I turned into him, you know his fictional right?”

“No his not... He proposed to me two days before it happened...” She said walking up to Octicovix. “Please turn back into him...”

Octicovix blinked. “Erm...”

Greystorm was confused by this aciton. “By any chance your this Nanner Maple?”

“Just Maple, I am Sunflower's grandmother.” They didn't react in shock just looking at her. “You not questioning it?”

“After what we seen and what happened, nope I can believe it.” Greystorm causally replied. “Go ahead my love, change for her.”

Octicovix smirked. “Alright my feathered brain lov-”

“Please stop with the sweet talk and do it already, dude!” Sunflower snapped.

Octicovix shook her head. “Fine.” Burst of flames wash over and Pistol stood once more. “There we go one Pistol trans-Oooo...” (He) stumbled a bit.

“Octicovix are you okay?”

“I don't know, I got this strange pull feeling as if I am being pu-” Octicovix collaspes and Maple quickly caught (Him) from falling. “Ooo that was-” Suddenly the eyes open and met Maple's. “M-M-Maple!?”

“Pistol?” She got a mighty hug from the finch griffon. “Is that really you?” She asked the hugging finch griffon.

“Yes it is!” He pulled away looking at her with a big warm smile. “Ho-how are you alive!?”

“I have to ask you the same thing! You, everyone and the islands were destroyed over 200 years ago!” Maple responded with shock with a forepaw on the side of his feathered fur face.

Pistol was as confused with the same shock. “I thought the same thing! Well part of the islands being destroyed, the skies around are endless though.”

Greystorm wanted to ask about his wife but something about this got him thinking, he listened to them talk. “Dude, what the buck is going on here?” Sunflower lower her head down to beside him whispering into his ear.

“If I am to guess... They somehow mentally swapped places.”

“Why are you calm about this!? Your wife is somewhere else mentally!”

Greystorm rubbed the underside of his snout. “She is but not for long.”

Sunflower frowns. “And you can tell that? How?”

He point to the finch griffon forehead with sweat forming. “I think the form she in gave a link to the real Pistol, but the form can not be maintained.”

“Your creepy dude, you know that?”

He didn't respond walking up to them. “Pistol.”

Pistol turn to Greystorm. “Another griffon! I am talking to another griffon! Oh this is so amazing!”

“I wish it could be longer, but don't you notice how tired you feeling?”

“I do...” He whipped the forehead. “Why?”

“Your currently in a changeling body transformed into you, my wife in fact and where ever you are at this moment she is and when the form drops I believe she return and you return.” Greystorm explained.

Maple look thoughtfully. “I heard of this... A magical mental link through space, time and dimensions, it only possible if someone is in a area of space that phasing in and out of all of it, never sitting in one place at...” She stared at Pistol. “All... You been alive alone on a island floating between them all this time... Oh Pistol I had no idea, I really didn't...” Tears fall from Maple's eyes running down her feathered fur face.

Pistol listen to her. “But that doesn't make sense, I don't have a body! I am a ghost like th-” He paused. “Wait your there! Repeating the first five minutes every hour, 24 hours before I activated my machine!”

Maple's tears stream as she grow anger. “That no good for nothing Guto the Betrayer did that to you and the others! He sent two finch griffons I once called friends to sabtoage your invention! I am the proof it works! After I was caught in the tail end of the sub-sonic explosion that I thought ripped the whole island to dust and everyone on it I was saved by my grandfather Graverton, he knew as much about your invention than anyone else and had the means to bind my body back together before I too phased out of existence!”

Maple venting out of rage with the words spoken, she was furious. “Wh-why would he do that!?”

“Mad with power and corrupted by the lose of the stupid idol that why! He wanted to wipe us all out for the weapons stored there! He planned on using them on Princess Celestia and conquer Equestria!”

Pistol started to cry. “He turn my invention into a weapon of mass destruction... He wiped us all out...”

Greystorm shook his head. “Not exactly, if this machine has systems on it like that flat computer that Sunflower has, it might have did what it was made to do in a twisted way, saved your soul within it and projected your form, I seen this done last week through a crystal via temporal messaging from 4000 years ago.”

“Seriously dude?”

“Indeed, Griffax Boreas himself spoke to Princess Celestia through time and space.”

Pistol stared at Sunflower. “Y-your really big...”

“And your really cute, I can see why Nanner Maple still love you.” She chuckled with a thumbs up to him.

Pistol blushes. “Erm... Yeah...” He turn to Maple with shock. “Nanner!? She your granddaughter!?”

“Yep, I thought I lost you and moved on in life, but hopefully we find you and the island, stay tough and keep your hopes high my love.” She kissed him on the cheek. “Till next time.”

He felt the energy draining fast. “Y-yeah... I been alone for 200 years, what a little longer if I can get to see you again...” With that the body burst into flames and the changeling Octicovix was back.

Octicovix collapses into Greystorm's talons as he caught her. “Hey how are you?”

“Very drained, confused and saw myself... yo... you... an...” She closed her eyes falling into unconsciousness.

Greystorm kiss her on the forehead. “Sleep well my love, you need it and you can tell me what happened when you wake, till than we have more pieces to a growing puzzle.”

Maple wiped the tears from her eyes. “I do not know what that was, but I'll accept it as a blessing...”

Sunflower stared with a raised eyebrow. “That just freaky dinky, dude...”

Suddenly Greystorm, Maple, Pistol, Sunflower and Octicovix stood in water under a bluish white light staring at a large bluish white glowing tree, they was surprised to see each other, they find they couldn't speak and a voice behind them all spoke.

When the past and future collides
The end of Flaputa will come
At the day after Chaos
To save lives come to the depths
The depths under Canterlot
And not before
A chance to save all
All that stand on Flaputa
On the day the gates open

Greystorm blinked and he was back holding onto the sleeping changeling, he turn his head to Maple. “Di-”

“Yes...”

“Nanner... What are the odds that this was bound to happen?”

“Two trillion to one...”

PreviousChapters Next