• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 102.5: The Griffons of Equis 14 Arrive

Author's Note:

The griffons from the once world Equis-14 have arrived and meet their new ruler the large white griffon Princess Celestia.

Comments always welcomed as always!

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 102.5: The Griffons of Equis 14 Arrive

The unicorn magical aura around chairs float them down into place before a desk and a box of files beside it, Amber watched her husband at work setting up what look like a amphitheatre for a school, he adjusting the seats to point them towards the desk. Trace pulled out of the files opening them up to take a look at each of them placing them neatly on the desk ready for the griffons of Equis 14.

Amber took one taking a look to see it was General Grav of the Griffia Navy. “A world that was equally magically and technology advance wiped out by a exploding sun far far away, if it wasn't for what I seen and heard in the recent months, I thought I'd be crazy to believe this.” She sat on the desk flipping through the pages.

“It does sound insane when reading it, but sadly it true and I believe talking to all of them at once instead my usual one on one would be a wise idea.” Trace said as he continue to work on setting up the room for the Griffons of Equis 14.

Amber move her hand paw over the photo. “Grav was the best of the best, serving his land with pride and distinction. The fact that Glacier was able to recover all this information on that device of hers is impressive.”

“I don't understand the in and outs of it, but I am glad she was able to. I got to know these griffons in a way that want me to help them more than ever, this session will be one of many to come, it may take months, years to recover, there been too much lose of life in recent months... The Earth 4000 years ago we recently learned about. The Inverse Reality and now this...”

Amber close the file putting it back on top of the rest, she push off the desk walking up to her husband and putting a hand paw under his chin. “Trace two out of the three happened before we knew, the Inverse Reality sadly wasn't going to last and those that survived did because they found a way around the wish magic limitations, just not soon enough for all of Inverse Equis...”

“I know.” Trace raise his head to Amber. “I became a doctor to save lives, heal those inflicted with magic that brought harm, use my unique magic to help them, yet recently I feel like I am only helping to ease the pain of a great lose...”

“I will be here with you for that, and a doctor can not always save lives, not able to always use their amazing magical skills to help them all. We only can do so much.” She kissed him on the muzzle. “Now let's finish up and join the others at the Mirror Portal okay?”

Trace kissed back. “Thank you my love.”

Amber flick his top of the muzzle making it wiggle. “Now that the Trace I married.” She grinned and he smiled back, they got back to work finishing up the room for the griffons at where to arrive.


Soon after they finished setting up the room Amber and Trace arrived at the Mirror Portal room, the golems saluted them. “Welcome Amber and Trace, Princess Celestia is waiting, you may enter.” They said together in a static unemotional voice that felt eerie, the pony golems horns glow and the doors open.

They walk through the door to pass through a magical curtain to see a empty room change into a much more crowded one, in there was all the princesses, Prince Gale and Spyro, Shining Armor, Alpha, Gilda, Sunbeam and a few guards. “I thought, Grover, Glacier and that dragon Silvite was suppose to be here too?” Amber whispered to Trace.

Alpha responded upon hearing her, they both instantly turn to the wolf. “They went through to Prince Wells Equestria to make the final preparations for the twenty-two griffons from Equis-14, and Lord Grover wanted to check on the residents of Fort Grimfeather to see if they are doing okay with him being over here for more than a week.”

“That understandable.” Trace said with a slight nod. “Thank you for filling us in.”

Alpha grunted and glanced over to the mirror portal. “That him saying your welcome.” Amber giggled, Trace smiled and they joined the others looking at the mirror. “So that one mirror is how you cross over to another universe, huh?”

Celestia saw Amber in the corner of vision while looking at the mirror still. “It is, this mirror is magically connected from Prince Wells Equestria.”

A finch griffon emerged from behind the mirror holding a laptop with one foreleg. “Gritter can you hear and see me?”

“Loud, clear and picture perfect ma,am, the connectors to the mirror are looking good and green, it only been two days and things looking well part from the high energy output, it look like the connection through the mirror is taking more juice than we estimated.” Gritter said looking at the screen of Maple with Fort Grimfeather behind her in the background.

Yeah we getting that here too now, it seem to be a feedback of some electrical energy, it seem that we got some more work to do keep a connection stable without burning out the connectors in the process. Still we got a good start on this and one thing we Finch Griffons thrive on is a challenge.”

Trace stood behind Gritter looking at the screen. “Maple I may have a idea what could be the problem.”

Gritter turn slightly to see Trace. “Doctor Trace I'll gladly hear your ideas, you have a unique abilities to see forms of magic if I am correct.”

“That is correct, I discovered the factor of the pure magic, also accidental merged part of it into me while trying to break down the transfiguration spell that I detected on one of Gale's feathers I had.”

Yes I know, I've caught up on it, please share with me your idea please, we have no idea how much longer this bloody connection will hold.” Maple went straight to the point.

Trace understood her desire to know. “Understandable Maple, I believe there a thermical magical differences between our two universes, the mirror in a way acts like a buffer to help us to magically adapt to their universe. The energy feedback maybe coursed cause the signal not being adapted and too weak for it to happen.”

Maple rubbed the underside of her beak with a forepaw. “Hmm, that a good theory, we'll look into it with other possibilities Doctor Trace, thank you for bring this to our attention.”

“Happy to help Maple.” Trace noticed a old griffon with a fez. “Is that Gruff Clawhowler I see behind you?”

Gruff approached the screen. “That it is, you think I am going to let my wife travel to another pony country in another universe on her own?”

Gilda spoke up. “Please! That only one of the two reasons you went! Getting to travel to another universe to see how much bits you can get is your second with those dweebish stories of yours.”

My stories are worth the bits Gilda! I am over 230 years old! What I been through on that day is nothing compared to what you been through! I saw what that damn rabbit do to Flaputa, even I may never knew it was her and blamed King Guto for it for over 200 years. Doesn't change the fact that she hit all of us where it hurt the most! I could have had a far better life with my Maple, be more happier! So shut your beak cub and don't make me come over there and clip you on the head!” He said with a fiery personal voice to Gilda pointing at the screen at times of his speech to her.

Gilda slyly smiled. “So you do have a soft centre under all that crankiness, have fun old timer.” She saluted and disappear from view of the camera.

Gruff was about to say something but Maple put her paw on his foreleg. “The system on the verge of shutdown and Gruff I like the life we had, even it could have been far better, we raised a good son, have a daughter in law and granddaughter that we deeply care about, that what matters more than bits.”

Arg! Fine your right! I'll get my own back on that cub when we get back!” He walks off grumbling to himself.

Maple smiled warmly. “Gritter we will contact you same time tomorrow, do some localised scans and we will do the same and to the relays that already been set up on this side.”

Gritter nod. “I will Maple, enjoy the trip too and tell us Finch Griffons that didn't get to come everything okay?”

Oh I will, Sunflower will make sure of that for sure.” Maple waved and reach down below the view of the visual feed for it to end, Gritter ends the link on his end and close the laptop lid.

Gritter turn around to them all. “I will just be over here to the side doing work for Maple, Big Rig will need a update on this too, my boss doesn't like being kept out of the loop. Specially on this.” Gritter walk over to a table near a few guards opening the laptop up again to do work on it and sending data to Big Rig.

“That is fine, thank you Gritter.” Celestia smiled.

Gritter smiled back. “No problem, I will make sure to update Glacier to let you know of our system update to Prince Wells Equestria.” Celestia gracefully nod and the Finch Griffon got back to work.

A female griffon appears through the mirror with Grover and Silvite. “Sweet mercy you do look like a goddess of the griffons...” She stared in awe of Princess Celestia, she never seen a griffon quite like her and it felt opposing and proud to stand before the wife of her lord, she quickly lower her forelegs and bows to Celestia. “Princess... I-”

“Rise young one, it okay I do have that imposing appearance.” Celestia gestured for Gillian to stand. “I heard a few good things about you Gillian and very happy to finally meet a proud griffon that help run Fort Grimfeather.”

Gillian rose and looked up at Celestia. “Lord Grover believed in me and gave me meaning in life, I take pride in the job I have.”

Gilda gave her a wave. “Hey dweeb, you look like that dweeb rich stick in the mud at Griffonstone.”

Gale gasped recalling that. “Yes I remember, she told me see Gruff and slam door in face!”

Gillian looked over at the two of them. “Well that could have been me, but Lord Grover showed me another path in life, being rich isn't anything to be proud of. Bits can't create the keen-ship and friendships I formed with fellow residents of Fort Grimfeather.”

“Good to hear.” Gilda smirked.

Gillian smiled back with a nod, she turn to Grover. “Lord Grover seeing that everything look good here I will let Silvite and Glacier know it good to go for the twenty-two griffons of Equis-14 to come through with them.”

“Please do and I'll be back in a few days okay?” Grover put his talon out to her and she took pulling into each other.

“Take the time you need my lord, you got your family back and that is what is important.” Gillian turn to the others after releasing the embrace with Grover. “Even short, it was a interesting experience visiting another Equestria.” She turn and walked through.

Cadance watched the rippling flash die down. “It interesting to know how different one can be in another world, I wonder how different I am in that one.”

Shining Armor was curious. “Knowing my sisters counterpart is a Alicorn, it be interesting to know about mine too, if he know about me I bet he just as curious as would your counterpart Cadance.”

“That one thing I think both of us could easily agree one.”

Luna recalled her tea with Princess Trixie. “There will be more talks between both Equestrias? Sister.”

“Of course, I got a meeting with Prime Minster Zipline next Monday, he coming to Canterlot to have some talks about trade and maybe a timeline on how both countries can open up to each other.” Celestia said.

Spyro saw the mirror ripple with griffons emerging through it, twenty-one of them flesh and one made of clockwork parts, just behind them Glacier, Silvite, a changeling and Pegasus guard came through standing attention. Grav stepped up to Celestia and bowed to her. “Princess Celestia, wife of Grover the former first king of Griffonstone, I and my crew formerly request asylum in your nation.”

Celestia bow her head down to Grav. “General Grav, I formerly accept your request for asylum for you and your crew the soul survivors of Equis-14, welcome to your new home.”

The changeling guard spoke. “These griffons are now in your charge Princess Celestia, we wish them well in this Equestria.”

“And present the papers for their exchange of legal rights to now stay in this Equestria upon the laws of our empire.” The Pegasus present the papers to Shining Armor, he took them.

Shining Armor holding them with his magic salutes. “You two are relieved and thank you.”

“We are relieved.” They saluted back and turn walking through the mirror portal.

Spyro knew that changeling that had came through, it been only roughly a day so far but it felt strange not preforming the duties that changeling did. “It feels weird not doing that myself or going with Prince Wells and Queen Chrysalis to many worlds.”

“It not been a day, things will be strange at first but you will get use to this new life of yours.” Cadance whispered to him with a wink, he smiled back at her.

Celestia raise a talon to her family and everyone else. “General Grav, I like you to meet my sister Luna, my children Gale, Nightingale and newest member to it Sypro, my niece and nephew Cadance and Blueblood, Captain Shining Armor, Doctor Trace and his wife Amber, Alpha, Gilda and Private Sunbeam personal guard to my son Gale.”

Grav gave a soft nod to each of them. “It a pleasure to meet you all, my name is Grav as you know, this is my son Grant he was transfigured by Shal-Quz into a Clock-Work Grffon, Glacier managed to somehow upgrade his form with a magic feather.”

“Glad it worked.” Glacier stated.

Grant stepped up to them with a short bow. “I know I might look a bit-”

“You look awesome! I see cogs turning, ticking sounds, it so cool!” Gale beamed with delight.

Grant smiled. “Thank you Prince Gale, I think you are cool and cute.”

Gale stood proud. “I am both!” This got a laugh from everyone.

Silivite rubbed her claw hand over his head. “That you are Gale.”

Trace step up to Grant. “It is going to be a curious experience doing a medical check up on you, but I will have Glacier by my side when it comes to it and we will get a greater understanding of your new form.” Trace put his hoof on the metal side surface. “It may take fair amount of time between the sessions we all will go through when they start in a few days after you all settled into your temporary accommodations.”

Grant's mechanical face showed a expression that was grateful for this unicorn willing to help. “Thank you Doctor Trace, I am just as curious about how my internal systems work as you are.”

Grav gestured for the rest of the crew to step forwards. “This is the rest of my crew I like to present Private First Class Gerry Gritclaw, Private Grotto Brickclaw, Lt. Giovanni Talonclaw...”


Celestia opens a door into a bedroom with two single beds, two bed stands, a big wardrobe and adjoining bathroom, she walk in followed by Grav and Grant. “Till we can arrange something in the city for you and the other griffons to call a home, this and the other rooms in the castle are yours and the others to use.” She gestured to the room.

Grav took a good look around placing the bag down in front of a bed. “Thank you Princess Celestia, we are grateful towards you giving us this chance.”

“After what I heard you all been through and seen what Glacier showed me, I couldn't say no to helping you all and I hope that I may request your services as part of the royal navel of Equestria with your fellow crew members, but if any wish not to go their own way in Equestria I won't stop them.” Celestia said softly to him with a warm smile from her beak.

Grav bow his head. “Thank you.”

Celestia bow her head back in respect to Grav, she raised her head and spoke. “I've ordered some food from Gustave's Icy Delights for dinner in a few hours. Battered Fish and Chips, my son's favourite meal from there. It will be served at the private dinning room and you with your crew are welcome to join us.”

“I will pass the word to the crew, thank you for the offer Princess.” Grav said raising from the bow.

Grant put down the large bag. “Princess events that took place gave us a chance of living and telling our tales, including remembering all those that no long with us from our Equis, thank you.”

“I am not sure why you are thanking me...” She said with a slight confused voice and look on her face.

“If it wasn't for the events that took place with Shal-Quz, to you sending Glacier and the others after her through different realities, we wouldn't be standing here talking to you or even I may not had this upgrade to this strange clockwork form that is now my body, a chain of events have a funny way of bring us all together and allowing something impossible as us surviving to survive.”

“When you put it that way, your welcome Grant, I have a few things to sort with some mayors from a few towns, I bid you two well and hope to see you two and the others at the table, I have something to say that will interest the lot of you.” Celestia turn and walks to the door.

Grav gave a curious expression. “Why not now?”

Celestia glance over her shoulder with a smirk. “Hope to see you and the others there General Grav.” Celestia walk out without another word avoiding to answer the question on purpose, she using her magic to close the door behind her.

Grav four legs start to wobbly as he shakingly walk up to the bed and flop onto it with a relieved sigh escaping his beak letting the tension leave his body. “When I heard Princess Celestia was a griffon in this Equis, I didn't expect her to be THAT kind of griffon... fierce, beautiful and scary as she look at sound, that calm polite voice sent a chill of fear down my spine to the very tip of my tail...”

Grant sat down on his bed on the side to look at his father. “These eyes of mine were able to see the pure muscle under that fur and feathers as the princess walked, the level of it is a true paradigm of griffon kind.”

Grav rolled over to sit up on the bed looking across to Grant. “You know the tale how I met Princess Celestia from our former world on the day Griffonia and Equestia were celebrating a successful peace treaty, the Alicorn was just as fierce as this one is and she was a pony, this is alicorn and griffon mix into one with the body and strength of a true apex predator.” Grav shivered a little thinking of that white griffon the co-ruler of Equestria.

Grant could feel the tension in his own clockwork body, he could feel warmth feeling up through parts around his outer shell. “Real weight with words of kindness and add a griffon form that is majestic, we have a ruler I feel unworthy to even serve under...”

Grav lay back with forelegs spread out. “I wasn't expecting this feeling, I never thought I see how the Princess of the Sun would look as a griffon, the others will be just as jelly as I feel at the moment...”

“Most likely father...” Grant looked over to the window seeing a partial reflection of his golden metal form with some of the ticking cogs shifting. “We been given a chance to live, share our stories, tell of our past and our home, become part of the greater whole of Equestria, serve a griffon that raise the sun and make her proud to take us into her Royal Navy.”

Grav didn't respond.

Grant looked over to see him asleep. “Rest well father, I will wake you before dinner so you can freshen up and get into dress uniform.” Grant reach over to his bag pulling out the General dress uniform. “I am glad that I recovered this for you father. This will bring pride and honour to all that past on Equis-14, our former home.” Grant smiled looking at the white uniform with pride welling up from within his mechanical heart.


Cadance noticed movement at the Observatory Tower her private get away room with the magical telescope, flying up to it she found Spyro and Gale in there, the black griffon looking through the lens. “This thing has insane magnification! I am looking at Ponyville seeing ponies doing their day to day business as if I am right there!” Spyro moved his eye away from it.

“Yes, it me Gilda use to see Fluttershy tell big dragon off! It funny!” Gale laughed a little recalling that experience.

“She did that? Wow that pretty brave and cool!” Spyro said back.

Cadance lands before them. “It is.”

“Princess Ca-”

“Cadance or cousin Spyro, since your Gale's big brother now you can just call me that.” Cadance interrupt with a soft smile.

Spyro rubbed the back of his neck. “That going to take some getting use to P-Cadance, here I am now family with many that I would be serving for back in my Equestria, the Queen, you, Prince Wells, Princess Trixie and so on, it just feels a bit off even calling Celestia mum...” Spyro showed uncertain and sounded it too, suddenly the mood changed as he turn instantly towards the floor of a part of the castle.

Gale noticed the instant change. “What is it?” Gale asked.

Spyro's eyes shift left to right of the windows he was looking at. “I am sensing really confusing strong emotions from the twenty-two griffons, that including that clockwork one.”

Cadance walked up beside him looking at the windows he was looking at. “Look like Aunty Celestia had a impact on the griffons, she personally saw to them settling into their temporary rooms.”

Shining Armor walked up behind them. “Princess Celestia does have muscles rippling through those fore and hind legs as she walk, those wings also show strength too.”

They all turn around to him. “Does my husband to be have a crush on my aunt?” Cadance tensed.

Shining Armor didn't even react to it. “Nice try Cadance.”

“Shoot.” She scrap her hoof on the floor with a pretend defeating tone in her voice.

“I am the captain of the guard, I work with mares and stallions who tone their bodies and minds daily, even this body is mostly muscle from all the work I do.” Shining Armor stood proud.

Gale walked up to him taking a good look seeing the muscle tension. “You like mum, I see muscle shift when she walk, mum know she stronger than before and fight with Shal-Quz twice showed it.”

“Guess with that kindness added to that factor, no wonder Spyro sensing heighten mix emotions down there.”

“GALE WHERE THE BUCK ARE YOU!? WE GOT ANOTHER LESSON TO GO THROUGH BEFORE DINNER YOU DWEEB! GET YOUR BUCKING TAIL OUT OF THAT TOWER AND BACK TO THE STUDY DOUBLE TIME!”

Gale's ears pinned down from the screaming. “Talking about heighten! I got to go!” Gale quickly takes off flying out of the tower and down to one of the open windows to the wall ways.

Spyro watched his brother disappear. “How did Gilda know we were here? I, he and no one told her where we would be.”

Shining Armor rubbed one his ears with a hoof. “Let's just say Gilda knows Gale well enough and leave it at that.”

“Bu-”

“Come Spyro let's walk to the study, we can talk on the way.” Cadance smiled.

“B-”

“Now do you want to get on Gilda's bad side?” Spyro thought about it and shook his head. “Now let's go shall we?” He nod and Cadance look over to Shining. “Coming?”

Shining Armor took a look through the telescope seeing his sister reading on the balcony about marathon running. “I'll catch up, something caught my eye.” Cadance didn't need to ask what he saw, she smiled with a nod and gesture Spyro to follow her down the stairs as Shining Armor continue to watch his sister. “Is Twily going to compete in the Running of the Leaves?”

PreviousChapters Next