• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,229 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,229

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19.5 – Parting with an Brush Off

Author's Note:

The brush off comes to a end and so does the visit to Ponyville, we move on from this point as the story returns to the faithful capital of Canterlot.

Your votes shaped how this chapter came to be and this has been the first of my stories to pass 200 upvotes. Thank you to everyone for being part of this journey! Let's continue and press forwards!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 19.5 – Parting with an Brush Off

Twilight and Spike stepped out of Sugarcube Corner to find Princess Celestia standing with one guard, no sign of her brother, Gilda, the other guards or Gale. Celestia gestured for them to join her as she walks away from Sugarcube Corner to the train station and they caught up with her.

“Princess... I am so sorry for what Rainbow Dash did!”

“It partly mine and Gilda's fault as well Twilight.” Celestia responded as Twilight walked alongside her with Spike on the other side.

Spike gave a frown. “Huh? Your fault? How?”

Celestia closed her eyes for a moment and open them taking a deep breath. “Private Flash Sentry I sent to Sugarcube Corner to see what exactly going on in there, he witnessed Rainbow Dash setting up the pranks and took photos of her doing it.”

Celestia using her magic made them appear and give the photos to Twilight, she took them with her magic to take a good look at each photo. “Princess Celestia does this mean you and Gilda not only knew about the pranks Rainbow Dash set up, but you two planned a way to counter them?”

“Indeed we did, part from the sneezing powder. That I believe Rainbow Dash planned while the party was happening. Flash Sentry watched from afar and told me moments ago about her disappearing with the tail for a moment.”

Twilight started to put the pieces together. “Rainbow Dash must of figured out that you and Gilda was pranking her back with her own pranks! So Rainbow went the extra mile to pull one prank you never saw coming.”

Celestia sighed. “Yes Twilight and one that Gilda took to heart that no pony was even aware... Well part from the very one that forgot. Rainbow Dash.”

“Yeah that was rough...” Spike spoke. “I hope Rainbow Dash does find it in her heart to apologise.”

“You me both Spike...” Twilight hoped.

Celestia agreed. “That is something I like to see myself but only time will tell.”

“But... Even with this rather strong end to the party for I, my guards and my son. The results have been overly positive though.” Celestia softly smiled.

Spike responds. “That Gilda agree to work for you to help Gale and she even got him to say her name!”

Celestia nods. “Correct and you can thank Cadance for that.”

“Cadance!? My foalsitter!?”

“Yes Twilight your former foalsitter.” Celestia laughed. “Cadance were in Cloudsdale overseeing preparations for the Young Fliers Contest. She went to some flight camps and found Gilda's and Rainbow Dash's files.”

Twilight lit up. “Their friendship!”

Celestia nods. “Yes but it former now...”

“Oh...” Twilight lowered her head. “Yeah that happened didn't it?” Celestia nods sadly as they closed in on the train station.

Flash Sentry saluted. “Princess Celestia, Captain Armor in Gale's cabin. It seem the effect of the sneezing powder made him sleepy.” He reported.

Celestia hummed. “You seem calm in reporting this.”

Flash turn to Gilda standing at the edge of the platform looking over at them before turning away heading up to the train door. “Gilda explained it to us before it happened.”

“Fair enough.” Celestia turn to Twilight and Spike. “This is where we part ways for now.”

Spike pull on Twilight's tail slightly. “Twilight the box!”

Twilight gasped. “I totally forgot! Princess can we see Gilda off?”

Celestia raise a eye brow. “You... May.” She watch both of them run up the platform to Gilda. “Hmm... What do you think they are up to Private?”

Flash shrugged. “Maybe giving her a parting gift?”

“Shall we see?”

“Your asking me Princess?”

“Yes.”

“Than I say yes we should.”

“Good choice Private.” Celestia smiled and they head up to the platform.

Gilda placed her talon on the door handle. “Not the way I thought I'd be getting out of this lame town...”

“I hope you can wait a few seconds more before leaving this lame town.” Gilda turn her head to see Twilight and Spike before her.

Gilda groans pressing her head against the door glass. “What do you want Purple? I seriously had enough of today and want to just get on this train to get out of this town...”

Twilight using her magic made the box appear floating it down to Spike to take by his claws. “It not what I want it what Spike wants.”

Gilda lifted her head letting go of the handle, she turn around looking down to the approaching dragon with the box rose up to her. “I like to give you this.”

Gilda took it with her talons staring at it. “What this about Spike?”

“Open it.”

She opens it. “Is this some sort of joke you dweeb?” Gilda took out a necklace with her gem attached to it in a golden metal rim.

Spike shook his head. “No it isn't, I am giving it back to you with some extra additions. Now you can wear it around your neck and wear it with pride!”

Gilda rose it up letting it to spin to the right and left. “You know I am not Gale, this doesn't mean I trust you or be buddies.”

“Of course but I thought I add something else you might not know.”

“Go on...” Gilda put it back in the box closing the lid.

Spike had a big smile as Twilight stood by him. “We went to the local gemmers and they did exactly to us as you told what happened to you!”

Gilda raise an eye brow. “O...Kay.”

Twilight spoke next. “So I pressed the question and we got a answer Gilda.”

“How about you spit it out already before I turn grey and die of boredom! Stop beating around the bush you dweebs!” Gilda growled flaring her wings out in frustration.

“Okay! Keep your beak on!” Spike said back crossing his arms. “It the legendary Sapphire Diamond!” Uncrossing his arms spreading them out shouting at her.

Gilda blinked a few times. “The wha-th-what?”

Twilight filled in the details. “Since there was Gemmers there been a legend past down from Gold Gem about a griffon held gem called the Sapphire Diamond. That heirloom of yours is the very thing they seek.”

“If that the case why tell me it totally worthless!? That doesn’t make sense!” Gilda threw her free talon up.

“That because they can't buy it from you! They go broke trying! They did what they could do to claim it for themselves! Ripping you off!” Spike explained.

Gilda look down at the box and back at them. “So there ponies that are as greedy as griffons can be huh? Well pull my tail and call me a pony.” Gilda chuckled.

“Greedy as griffons?” Twilight asked.

Gilda ignores the question. “Okay you two your alright in my books.”

“Does that mean-”

“No Purple, we not friends... Yet.” Twilight and Spike eyes lit up. “We will work on it, but for now you two earned my trust. You burn that I will burn you. Got it!”

“Got it!” They said together with smiles from their snouts.

Gilda shook her head. “Good dweebs! I am getting the heck out of here! See ya later!” She gave them a mock wave, opening the door and entering the train.

They waved back before leaving the platform with a high note talking to each other about how it went with Gilda in that short exchange.

Celestia and Flash watched this unfold. “That was somewhat unexpected...”

“After what happened, is this a high note princess?”

“I believe it is Private...” The train whistle blows. “We should board before the train leaves us behind.”

“Yes Princess.” He open the door for her.

They board the train and with doors closed the train pulls out for it overnight journey back to Canterlot.

Gilda glanced out the window at the back of the carriage with the heirloom clenched tightly in her right talon. “Someday Dash I might forgive you...”

Gilda had a tear roll down the side of her feathered face “Someday I hope...”

PreviousChapters Next